• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Question: I am a fresh 30 with phoenix credits. Can I spend them on anything atm? My DZ rank is nothing.
Until 1.5 comes out, Phoenix Credits are great to:
1-buy level 33 stamina and firearms mod blueprints (sold near terminal of BoO some weeks) to craft. Aim for an armour roll!
2-weapon recalibration. Try to roll off one of the weak or locked bonuses on your favourite weapons.

grmlin

Thanks! I think I'll give it a shot then, it's only around 20€, even if I don't play it for hundreds of hours I should be fine.

I'll skip the DLC though, does not sound too great

Lanrutcon

So my dude reached 30, I did my daily routine of killing the overworld rares, and then I was ready for Tier 2. Then I did a round of killing them again, then I qualified for Tier 3. Just killed some stuff on Tier 3 and it seems manageable.

Should I just muscle through till I reach tier 4 and then worry about builds and shit?

Sober

So my dude reached 30, I did my daily routine of killing the overworld rares, and then I was ready for Tier 2. Then I did a round of killing them again, then I qualified for Tier 3. Just killed some stuff on Tier 3 and it seems manageable.

Should I just muscle through till I reach tier 4 and then worry about builds and shit?
Try to get around 200 or so gear score before turning it to WT4. Or try WT4 first and see if you can get through content at a decent pace. If not set it back down and collect some more gear. Maybe roll a few stats around or the odd weapon talent if you need it. Don't overdo it with 204 gear cause 229 will still be there.

Lanrutcon

Gotta say: game is great. I don't know how it was pre-1.4, but I've found it very enjoyable as a solo player. Finding a tough mission/enemy and kind of brainstorming how to approach the fight has been a lot of fun, and the loot haul portion of it scratches a lot of itches.

Dervius

As a very recent level 30, could anybody briefly explain essentially what to do now?

I've got daily and weekly things popping up, search and destroy missions and I own but haven't touched the Underground dlc.

I've started getting regular high end gear at 163 score so what do I do now to progress?

I was a Destiny diehard for a long time and got into the routines of weekly strikes, raids and nightfall runs but any guidance for how to move forward with The Division would be greatly appreciated.

Dynomutt

As a very recent level 30, could anybody briefly explain essentially what to do now?

I've got daily and weekly things popping up, search and destroy missions and I own but haven't touched the Underground dlc.

I've started getting regular high end gear at 163 score so what do I do now to progress?

I was a Destiny diehard for a long time and got into the routines of weekly strikes, raids and nightfall runs but any guidance for how to move forward with The Division would be greatly appreciated.

Same situation! Been gone for a while left right around 1.2-1.3. Looking to get back into The Division and save New York. I am Lvl 30 and 171 gear score. Looking to get some loot, PvE, and HVT. Wouldn't mind an explanation for the world tiers as well!

Sarcasm

Yea, pretty lost myself as a returning lvl 30 and ilvl 172 player.

I did some search missions and a HVT but I don't know what hear is worth and so on. Confused at what I should be doing heh.

ViciousDS

Banned
Alright guys returning and restarting characters here. What's the way to go now? Selling shit or breaking it down? I know amazing gear can for sure be obtained easier now with all the changes and it seems like crafting might not be worth it too much. Should I just sell my gear to purchase better stuff as I go if I don't get drops?

Lanrutcon

I'm new to being a 30, but I've always used this to get some easy gear. The world rares are easy once you know what they can do and where they spawn.

Lanrutcon

Getting my butt whooped by those rares....

Don't take them on directly, or they'll mow you down. Start at the top left of the map and work counter clockwise. The first rare there only has a flamethrower and moves slowly, so you can outrange him. Once you get to the top right you'll be facing LMS rares and those fucks don't mess around.

Also, if possible: find a rooftop and pack a sniper rifle. Cheap way to end most rares without a serious fight.

grmlin

Started playing it yesterday and it's pretty fun.

Looks amazing to me, and plays good. The cover system needs some getting used to, but I'm enjoying it.

I'm pretty sure that this game will keep me entertained for a while :)

GazzaGSi

Looks like Xbox leaked Survival release date, November 22nd. Massive confirmed 1.5 PTS ends November 14. Pretty much confirms PS4 will get it late December.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/division

Awesome news, 9 days until 1.5 drops then.

I'm new to being a 30, but I've always used this to get some easy gear. The world rares are easy once you know what they can do and where they spawn.

There's acouple of extras now:

Fray and Five-O just south if the base of Ops.

Lanrutcon

Awesome news, 9 days until 1.5 drops then.

There's acouple of extras now:

Fray and Five-O just south if the base of Ops.

Thanks for the update. Hit them all on Tier 3 and got a +armor mod, a neat sniper and enough +armor Striker pieces to assemble a set.

Mullah88

no point in playing till 1.5 hits, i've collected all the sets that i want to use, they need a game mode with more than 4 players that will require specific builds to get through it

GazzaGSi

no point in playing till 1.5 hits, i've collected all the sets that i want to use, they need a game mode with more than 4 players that will require specific builds to get through it

Same, also hit the phoenix credit cap so pointless farming for them too. Best catch up on BF & IW/MW for abit.

Lanrutcon

Until 1.5 comes out, Phoenix Credits are great to:
1-buy level 33 stamina and firearms mod blueprints (sold near terminal of BoO some weeks) to craft. Aim for an armour roll!
2-weapon recalibration. Try to roll off one of the weak or locked bonuses on your favourite weapons.

Where do I find level 33 mods? I only see level 30 ones at the Terminal vendor dude.

GazzaGSi

Changes reverted for 1.5 after PTS: Enemy armour damage will not be coming to PVP and enemy armour damage will not be a major stat roll on gear.

Mullah88

Changes reverted for 1.5 after PTS: Enemy armour damage will not be coming to PVP and enemy armour damage will not be a major stat roll on gear.

kinda knew it wasnt going to work. having destructive with the old g36c (high enemy armor damage roll) and some old sets with enemy armor damage was already high without sacrificing armor mitigation

GazzaGSi

kinda knew it wasnt going to work. having destructive with the old g36c (high enemy armor damage roll) and some old sets with enemy armor damage was already high without sacrificing armor mitigation

I'm pretty glad, it was an unnecessary change imo. PVP hasn't been too bad in 1.4, seems fairly balanced so adding EAD as well I think would take Massive too long to get right no matter how many equations and percentages they added to try and implement it.
I think it was just something they thought of to try and make an alternative to rolling armour on your gear.

Tawpgun

I stopped playing a little after the update with the dz supply drops. Never played dragons nest.

But survival really interests me.

Seems like there's no point to try and grind some better gear for survival tho

GazzaGSi

Another update regarding enemy armour damage as the previous message was incorrect.

It will still be introduced in PVP but not as a major stat roll.

Menitta

Thinking about buying a copy for PS4 so I don't have to buy Xbox Gold. It's moments like these that make me want to build a PC. >.> Might be cheap enough on Black Friday though. How's the PS4 community going for this game?

darkwing

Thinking about buying a copy for PS4 so I don't have to buy Xbox Gold. It's moments like these that make me want to build a PC. >.> Might be cheap enough on Black Friday though. How's the PS4 community going for this game?

matchmaking is no problem in this game

May as well mate, I'm saving my season pass supply drop hoping 1.5 comes before 1St December. Not much point opening them now.

Hah, also doing that... but as Sarcasm said... do they expire or not? I hope they don't!
-----

Oh man I'm having soooo much fun with my AB build. Managed to get a decent pair of Shotguns, a decent pair of SMGs, a great pair of LMGs and a good pair of ARs. I'm constantly switching weapons to diversify my gameplay, feels good.

GazzaGSi

Do the season pass stuff expire?

Hah, also doing that... but as Sarcasm said... do they expire or not? I hope they don't!
-----

Oh man I'm having soooo much fun with my AB build. Managed to get a decent pair of Shotguns, a decent pair of SMGs, a great pair of LMGs and a good pair of ARs. I'm constantly switching weapons to diversify my gameplay, feels good.

Come 1St December is when you get a new season pass supply drop, they don't stack so you'll only have one if you save your current supply drop until then. Hopefully the 22nd November date for 1.5 is correct and we can open our current supply drop when 1.5 is out then get the next on 1St December :)

Basically, you'll want to:
- First, focus on getting to GS 229 / World Tier 4. Do this by doing a variety of activities including the things below...
- Second, try to get a ton of credits and phoenix credits stockpiled so that you can recalibrate good, but not great gear when it drops (either now or save it for 1.5).

- Daily/Weekly HVTs are good for Phoenix credits (and drop gear) - you can matchmake for them by going to the Terminal and searching for Free Roam.
- Dark Zone is probably the quickest spot to get loot, but the risk of rogues is there...still, it's my go-to.
- Underground is a pretty quick loot farm spot as you'll get rewarded with Underground Caches fairly often on top of enemy drops. Fun with friends/groups as there's some modifiers that change the game up a bit (but not drastically).
- LZ bosses (see the map above) and daily challenges are an okay distraction. Definitely not necessary given how often loot drops from everything, though.
- There's also the daily hard/challenging missions. Less efficient to farm, but you'll still get decent loot and the missions tend to be more exciting than HVTs. Only downside is the same small handful of missions cycle, so you'll get bored of them if you do them every day.
- And of course, you probably have side missions/intel etc. still on your map. Picking those things up should help you level up fairly quickly/get more caches.

Basically, Dark Zone and Clear Sky are probably the most efficient farm locations, but everything in World Tier 4 drops loot fairly regularly, so just focus on whatever you're in the mood for. I would caution you not to worry too much about spending all of your money on recalibration/optimization until 1.5 drops and you have the new level of gear.

Hope that helps.
- Incursions are much more fun now than they used to be (used to have to be optimized/know the strategies), but probably not the most efficient farms, other than Clear Sky for Phoenix Credits (100 credits every 10 mins)

Top Bottom