• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Question: should I just be stockpiling money right now, then buy a fuckton of those 200k caches when the next patch hits?
Stockpiling money seems like a good idea for:
- buying caches
- recalibrating gear

Phoenix credits also a good idea to stockpile for re-rolling weapons/buying blueprints.

Electronics/fabric a good idea to stockpile in order to craft the inevitable level 34 stamina/firearms mods w/ armour rolled on them.

Lanrutcon

Stockpiling money seems like a good idea for:
- buying caches
- recalibrating gear

Phoenix credits also a good idea to stockpile for re-rolling weapons/buying blueprints.

Electronics/fabric a good idea to stockpile in order to craft the inevitable level 34 stamina/firearms mods w/ armour rolled on them.

If I earn caches now, will they auto scale to Tier 5 if I open them after the new patch?

If I earn caches now, will they auto scale to Tier 5 if I open them after the new patch?
I read somewhere that the caches you BUY are based on your gear score when you open them in 1.5, which would mean the best course of action when the update drops would be:

1 - Keep all your purchased caches now;
2 - Buy or loot a single 256 item when 1.5 drops, raising your gear score to the next level so that all caches open 256s.
3 - Then open your caches.

Then again, that's based on the PTS, so who knows if it'll remain. Worth keeping the caches in case, though.

But it seems like those earned through Field Proficiency/Underground, etc. do not scale with gear score. They are locked in as they are earned.

SpeedyInfantileGiraffe-size_restricted.gif

Dervius

Basically, you'll want to:
- First, focus on getting to GS 229 / World Tier 4. Do this by doing a variety of activities including the things below...
- Second, try to get a ton of credits and phoenix credits stockpiled so that you can recalibrate good, but not great gear when it drops (either now or save it for 1.5).

- Daily/Weekly HVTs are good for Phoenix credits (and drop gear) - you can matchmake for them by going to the Terminal and searching for Free Roam.
- Dark Zone is probably the quickest spot to get loot, but the risk of rogues is there...still, it's my go-to.
- Underground is a pretty quick loot farm spot as you'll get rewarded with Underground Caches fairly often on top of enemy drops. Fun with friends/groups as there's some modifiers that change the game up a bit (but not drastically).
- LZ bosses (see the map above) and daily challenges are an okay distraction. Definitely not necessary given how often loot drops from everything, though.
- There's also the daily hard/challenging missions. Less efficient to farm, but you'll still get decent loot and the missions tend to be more exciting than HVTs. Only downside is the same small handful of missions cycle, so you'll get bored of them if you do them every day.
- And of course, you probably have side missions/intel etc. still on your map. Picking those things up should help you level up fairly quickly/get more caches.

Basically, Dark Zone and Clear Sky are probably the most efficient farm locations, but everything in World Tier 4 drops loot fairly regularly, so just focus on whatever you're in the mood for. I would caution you not to worry too much about spending all of your money on recalibration/optimization until 1.5 drops and you have the new level of gear.

Hope that helps.
- Incursions are much more fun now than they used to be (used to have to be optimized/know the strategies), but probably not the most efficient farms, other than Clear Sky for Phoenix Credits (100 credits every 10 mins)

That's just the kind of advice I was looking for thanks. Many more viable options to spend my time than I thought. Very much enjoying my time with this since 1.4.

Lanrutcon

So I just got my PvE AlphaBridge going, and I'm rocking a Military G36 with the following:

Destructive, Brutal, Responsive, Unforgiving, Accurate and one slot that just won't random into something good. Trying for Ferocious or Stable.

Stacking +headshot damage with my mods, +armor and +armor dmg on my gear. Still feel my damage is lacking in group content.

What else can I do to pump out more dps? My suvivability is fine.

So I just got my PvE AlphaBridge going, and I'm rocking a Military G36 with the following:

Destructive, Brutal, Responsive, Unforgiving, Accurate and one slot that just won't random into something good. Trying for Ferocious or Stable.

Stacking +headshot damage with my mods, +armor and +armor dmg on my gear. Still feel my damage is lacking in group content.

What's your crit chance like? Also try getting an LVOA-C.

Try upping your crit chance and crit dmg.

Archpath1

stable doesn't exist anymore. you have to use smart cover to get more stable %
you get little % amounts from attachments

if its pve then anything that adds to Damage to Elites.
the 19% crit you have should be fine, didn't see deadly listed (get that), getting crit damage would be beneficial from attachments, plus you'll be getting around 10-15% crit chance and 10-25% crit damage from a pulse depending on its stats

tactical advance talent adds damage too

Lanrutcon

stable doesn't exist anymore. you have to use smart cover to get more stable %
you get little % amounts from attachments

if its pve then anything that adds to Damage to Elites.
the 19% crit you have should be fine, didn't see deadly listed (get that), getting crit damage would be beneficial from attachments, plus you'll be getting around 10-15% crit chance and 10-25% crit damage from a pulse depending on its stats

tactical advance talent adds damage too

Well, that explains that!

GazzaGSi

I really like the riot shield. I hope it stays viable endgame because tanking an entire squads worth of incoming fire is the best.

There's a new gear set coming which is based around the riot shield so should definitely still be relevant.

The FrontLine set is designed specifically for players that use the Ballistic Shield. The two-piece bonus provides 15 percent protection from elite enemies while the three-piece bonus adds 30 percent more health to the Ballistic Shield. The four-piece bonus lets the wearer use an SMG in place of a sidearm while wielding the Ballistic Shield. An SMG used with the Ballistic Shield cannot critically Hit

Just getting back into this after hitting a wall a few months ago. Changes so far seem great, and it's raining loot.

Is there a general consensus on the best guns per class? Do ARs still out dps everything?

Just getting back into this after hitting a wall a few months ago. Changes so far seem great, and it's raining loot.

Is there a general consensus on the best guns per class? Do ARs still out dps everything?
Quoting myself from a few pages ago:

Nope. SMGs and MMR got a huge nerf. But there are some exceptions. All in all the best weapons in the game are:

ARs: LVOA-C (PvP/PvE) and G36 (PvE mainly)
MMR: SVDs
SMGs: MP5 (PvP/PvE), PP-19 (PvE mainly)
LMGs: Hungry Hog (highest dmg per bullet and highest sustained dmg too, mainly PvE but good in PvP too), M60s and M249s (PvE)
Shotguns: SASG-12/M870s (PvP/PvE)

Weapons are very balanced now.

Thanks dude.

You're welcome! I'm having sooooooo much fun with the game... I'm running a 4pc Alpha Bridge + 2pc Nomad build, carrying around about 10 weapons lol. I play with 2 shotguns, then I get tired of them so I switch to LVOA-C + G36... when I get tired of them I get the MP5 + AUG... then the Hungry Hog + Pakhan. Massive did a great job with 1.4, now it's actually possible to play with more than just one kind of weapon.

Lanrutcon

First Dark Zone experience tonight. Gank squad was running around poaching extractions so it became a game of cat and mouse. Had fun evading.

Was actually quite fun having the streets populated with purple dudes. They should add a PVE zone like that at some point.

I really like the riot shield. I hope it stays viable endgame because tanking an entire squads worth of incoming fire is the best.

Yup i'm looking forward to maining the Frontline set when it comes out.

Honestly, it feels like the only appealing set to me after 1.4. Everything else is just average/boring now.

GazzaGSi

PC/Xbox confirmed 22nd for 1.5 and Survival.

PS4 acouple of days delay to 1.5

Weapon requirement talents lowered for 256 gear.

Sealed caches will not give 256 gear if earned prior to 1.5

PC/Xbox confirmed 22nd for 1.5 and Survival.

PS4 acouple of days delay to 1.5

Weapon requirement talents lowered for 256 gear.

Sealed caches will not give 256 gear if earned prior to 1.5

PS4 always gets the worst in those updates. Fuck this shit! Also what a bummer re. the caches :(

Basically, you'll want to:
- First, focus on getting to GS 229 / World Tier 4. Do this by doing a variety of activities including the things below...
- Second, try to get a ton of credits and phoenix credits stockpiled so that you can recalibrate good, but not great gear when it drops (either now or save it for 1.5).

- Daily/Weekly HVTs are good for Phoenix credits (and drop gear) - you can matchmake for them by going to the Terminal and searching for Free Roam.
- Dark Zone is probably the quickest spot to get loot, but the risk of rogues is there...still, it's my go-to.
- Underground is a pretty quick loot farm spot as you'll get rewarded with Underground Caches fairly often on top of enemy drops. Fun with friends/groups as there's some modifiers that change the game up a bit (but not drastically).
- LZ bosses (see the map above) and daily challenges are an okay distraction. Definitely not necessary given how often loot drops from everything, though.
- There's also the daily hard/challenging missions. Less efficient to farm, but you'll still get decent loot and the missions tend to be more exciting than HVTs. Only downside is the same small handful of missions cycle, so you'll get bored of them if you do them every day.
- And of course, you probably have side missions/intel etc. still on your map. Picking those things up should help you level up fairly quickly/get more caches.

Basically, Dark Zone and Clear Sky are probably the most efficient farm locations, but everything in World Tier 4 drops loot fairly regularly, so just focus on whatever you're in the mood for. I would caution you not to worry too much about spending all of your money on recalibration/optimization until 1.5 drops and you have the new level of gear.

Hope that helps.
- Incursions are much more fun now than they used to be (used to have to be optimized/know the strategies), but probably not the most efficient farms, other than Clear Sky for Phoenix Credits (100 credits every 10 mins)

yoooo! thank you for this. exactly what I was looking for since I plan on jumping back into the game. Haven't played since before the 1st paid expansion

Archpath1

Yup all caches.
But just save up a ton of money, and do the Phoenix credit farm in clear sky on tier2

Buy the boxes on release day

Roll around in your new gear

GazzaGSi

I'm holding out on a glimmer of hope for Pro features in 1.5 which is why it's a day or 2 behind and they're just under NDA like DICE with Battlefiled talking about Pro features. One can hope!

EL CUCO

I'm holding out on a glimmer of hope for Pro features in 1.5 which is why it's a day or 2 behind and they're just under NDA like DICE with Battlefiled talking about Pro features. One can hope!
I was ready to take the L, but you just lifted my spirits.
It's probably not happening :(

GazzaGSi

Oh what the.

What do you do with cash then?

Cash is used for recalibrating gear and buying from other vendors like safe house vendors, Base of Ops etc. There is caches to buy for cash as well but they don't guarantee gear set items.
As for cost, they're only 200,000. When I'm low on Phoenix credits I'll buy afew caches as they have a chance for upto 15 credits per cache as well as the item.

I was ready to take the L, but you just lifted my spirits.
It's probably not happening :(

I'm trying to take something positive out of it lol even if it doesn't happen with 1.5 it's something to think about while we wait!

fr0st

Banned
1.3 was delayed too and games have announced ps4 pro improvement even before it came out.

Lima

Yup all caches.
But just save up a ton of money, and do the Phoenix credit farm in clear sky on tier2

Buy the boxes on release day

Roll around in your new gear

Or just don't give a fuck about any of the new gear because all we will be playing is Survival anyway where it doesn't matter.

Hardly. Survival got boring pretty quick for me and can see it burning out quicker than UG.

I'll predict most players will give it a go once or twice at most and take a gigantic pass on the Survival mode.

A Division where gear doesn't matter is a bad Division.

I'm looking forward to the 1.5 update but it will do nothing to quench the "new" content thirst.

I'll predict most players will give it a go once or twice at most and take a gigantic pass on the Survival mode.

I'm looking forward to the 1.5 update but it will do nothing to quench the "new" content thirst.

Well in Survival gear does matter, it just means you have to build up rapidly to survive the content of the challenge. And then at the end of it, you get rewarded with gear for the 'main' game.

I'm looking forward to it. I took a break between updates, and having a really intense mode where everyone starts out equal seems like a better way for me to enjoy playing the game, with a reward that builds towards my main character so I can again be useful in high tier play.

EL CUCO

Actually that's what I like the most about Survival. I dont have to worry about min/maxing in order to be effective at the game mode. Just load and go. I suspect quite a few other players will feel the same, especially returning players.

It's not like we won't be getting rewarded for our main toons. I've seen plenty of Caches dropping in Survival.

Actually that's what I like the most about Survival. I dont have to worry about min/maxing in order to be effective at the game mode. Just load and go. I suspect quite a few other players will feel the same, especially returning players.

It's not like we won't be getting rewarded for our main toons. I've seen plenty of Caches dropping in Survival.

My only real concern will be making sure I have the time set aside for a full session. It usually won't be a problem, settling in for an evening. As long as nothing catches fire and I'm doing good I'll be taking a stab at it.

Certainly won't be something I can do when sneaking home for a lunch break. Unless of course I'm terrible at it and only last fifteen minutes.

Top Bottom