• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

When a "Survival" expansion was announced I was hoping for gameplay mechanics/changes that globally impacted the game (if you so wished them to) not this basic, bare-bones, and ultimately not-fun experience I had through two Survival mode game sessions and then you get to the rewards from the experience and it feels completely disjointed.

There is potential for the Survival mechanics but more so in the main game than what we got in a separate disjointed mode. The cold, disease/medicine, food/water, and blizzard conditions/storms mechanics would make the main game much more compelling with lots of different scenarios/objectives they could create regarding time-of-day, etc.

I want to both feel powerful with the character I have been building along the way with each update while also being challenged across different game modes, both new and old, while experiencing the new mechanics introduced in the Survival expansion but greatly expanded upon.

When a "Survival" expansion was announced I was hoping for gameplay mechanics/changes that globally impacted the game (if you so wished them to) not this basic, bare-bones, and ultimately not-fun experience I had through two Survival mode game sessions and then you get to the rewards from the experience and it feels completely disjointed.

There is potential for the Survival mechanics but more so in the main game than what we got in a separate disjointed mode. The cold, disease/medicine, food/water, and blizzard conditions/storms mechanics would make the main game much more compelling with lots of different scenarios/objectives they could create regarding time-of-day, etc.

I want to both feel powerful with the character I have been building along the way with each update while also being challenged across different game modes, both new and old, while experiencing the new mechanics introduced in the Survival expansion but greatly expanded upon.

I see what you're saying. That would be cool, but would put The Division in a different sort of genre than it is.

Right now it is heavy on the RPG-ish aspects... with that juggling of stats and whatnot, along with not being punished terribly for deaths, other than embarrassment, and losing loot and XP in the DZ. To go full on with the survival stuff like you mention, it would shift the game into being more along the DayZ and ARK sort of lines, just with a more modern, apocalyptic take on things. And that would be cool! I would certainly give it a try, but it adds a layer of stress that causes me to avoid those specific sorts of games when I'm looking to pick up the controller for the night.

Maybe if Survival is a hit, they'll look at adding those more 'hardcore' mechanics into the next version of The Division when it eventually comes out. I think it would be neat if they sort of eased into it though. Like if they made the higher Tiers of play start to require food and water. And rather than just being constantly battling the cold, it would kick in when the day/night cycle switched to night-time, or when you're in the game world and a random blizzard swings through.

Either way, I'm looking forward to trying out Survival. Maybe it'll grow on you?

Menitta

I think what sold me on Survival was the guy with all the Division watches on his jacket. That's freaking cool.

Side note: How's the artbook? One thing that keeps me playing is the art of this game and from what I've seen of the concept art, I think I'll pick up the artbook.

GazzaGSi

1.4 wrap up and 1.5 details:

UPDATE 1.5 IN DETAIL

Agents,

Together with Survival, the second paid expansion to The Division, we will be releasing the free Update 1.5 to all our players. While it won’t make similar sweeping changes as Update 1.4 did, it will include further weapon, gear and skill balancing while also building on the concepts we introduced in 1.4 – like a brand new World Tier. But this new World Tier 5 will not be a simple increase in enemy levels and the maximum available gear score; it will bring with it new and exciting items for you to get your hands on, including some brand new Named gear and new weapons!

Remember that even if Survival will arrive later on Playstation 4 than on Xbox One and PC, Update 1.5 will be released for free on PC and Xbox on November 22, with a slight delay for the Playstation 4 version. If you want to learn more about the separate Survival game mode, which is releasing first on PC and Xbox One, read about it in our Intelligence Annex #12: Into the Storm!

Wrapping up Update 1.4
Update 1.4 was an incredibly important step for The Division, as it created a whole new foundation for the game to stand on. With the World Tiers, the new enemy scaling and all the balance changes we did for that update, we’re able to add new content to the game without it scaling out of proportion again (see our development update Introducing World Tiers to find out more about how those issues used to impact the game). We’re able to keep building on what we have while also keeping the game balanced and the progression curve smooth.

Since the update, we’ve seen an increase in build diversity and a greater variety in what weapons and gear people are using. Before 1.4, we wouldn’t have been able to introduce new weapons without making them ridiculously powerful. Why use a new weapon when the ones you already have are broken and overpowered? This change has opened up whole new avenues for us and we have much more freedom to give you exciting new stuff.

While the Dark Zone was not a main focus of 1.4, we’ve seen a change in there as well. With all the options available to our players now, the people who go to the Dark Zone generally do so because they want to be there. The new Banshee’s Shadow gear set has also made more people interested in the Dark Zone compared to before.

Summary of Update 1.4
Update 1.4 gave us a whole new foundation to stand on, making it easier to expand on the game and introduce new gear and weapons.
We’ve seen an increase in build diversity since Update 1.4 was released.
The Dark Zone experience has improved overall since Update 1.4.

World Tier 5
With Update 1.5, we’re opening up the new World Tier 5, which comes with an increase in enemy level and Gear Score. In this new Tier, the enemies will be level 34 and the new maximum Gear Score for weapons and gear dropped will be 256 (compared to the current level 33 and Gear Score 229 at World Tier 4).

We know some people have reservations about us opening up a new World Tier so close to the release of Update 1.4. We haven’t actually increased the Gear Score in the game for several months (since Update 1.3), but due to the big changes we made with 1.4 we understand that some players saw it as a reset of sorts. We do feel like this increase is needed though, for several reasons.

For one, many players were already at max Gear Score when 1.4 was released, so we want to start offering them upgrades. It’s also a great opportunity to level the playing field. In 1.3, gearing up could be grueling and not everyone had the stamina to reach the higher Gear Scores. This time around, going from 1.4 to 1.5, all our players will be on equal footing. It also allows us to move away from remaining legacy gear that currently risks to unbalance the game at some point if we don’t do anything about it, since new players will never be able to get their hands on it. Overall, a new World Tier is an integral part of our work to balance The Division further and a natural continuation of the improvements we started in Update 1.4.

Only because we’re adding a new World Tier this close to Update 1.4 does not mean that World Tier 6 will arrive as quickly, if ever. We need to find a proper balance on when to introduce new World Tiers in the future and will listen to your feedback as we move forward.

Summary of World Tier 5
World Tier 5 will be added in Update 1.5. It will feature level 34 enemies and raise the maximum Gear Score to 256.
A new World Tier allows us to level the playing field so that all our players are on equal footing, get rid of unbalanced legacy gear and offer upgrades to the players that were already at maximum Gear Score when Update 1.4 was released.

Named gear
World Tier 5 does not only mean higher level enemies and higher level loot. As mentioned above, we’re now in a position where we feel comfortable introducing new items for you to get your hands on. And that’s exactly what we’re doing in 1.5.

Joining the Named Weapons currently available in The Division, are six new Named Gear items. There’s one piece available for each Gear Slot, and they all come with a unique individual talent. For example, Ferro’s oxygen mask allows you to move and shoot while under the burn status effect, while Barrett’s bulletproof chest piece gives you powerful bonuses when skills are on cool down.

Our hope with these Named gear items is to inspire you to come up with new interesting ways to create and think about builds. Take Skull’s MC Gloves, for example – they give you increased damage when you don’t have any active Gear Set bonuses. What would an all High End build look like? Our hope is to let you experiment with more playstyles, while also giving you cool gear to collect and aspire to.

You can get this gear from Survival and Field Proficiency caches, but they primarily drop from very specific places in the game that makes sense for them narratively. While we won’t spoil anything in this article, looking at their names you might be able to figure out exactly where you will be able to find some of them.

We’re also introducing a new Gear Set, called FrontLine. That particular Gear Set has been around before, making a brief appearance at E3 earlier this year, but since the skill it’s connected to – Ballistic Shield – had so many issues, it had to be removed from the game. Since Ballistic Shield is back with a vengeance, we’re happy to bring back FrontLine too. Its 3-piece bonus will give your shield 30% more health, and the 4-piece bonus will let you use a SMG together with your shield instead of your regular sidearm. Like with all other Gear Sets, it’s available from all regular sources of loot.

Summary of Named gear
We’re adding six special Named gear pieces to World Tier 5, which will all have special talents.
These Named gear pieces will drop from Survival, Field Proficiency caches and specific places in the game.
The FrontLine Gear Set has been added to the game.

New weapons
Just like with the gear mentioned above, we feel that we’re in a good place to start introducing new weapons. So, in Update 1.5 we’re adding a whole range of new weapons - 12 new weapon types and four brand new Named weapons, in fact. Our hope is to fill the gaps in the current offering with weapons either featuring exciting new talents or different characteristics from what we have right now. Each new weapon represents a niche in the game that didn’t exist before. Adding a World Tier is the perfect opportunity to do this, perhaps – hopefully! - even shaking up the meta in process.

An example worth looking at is the new sidearms coming in Update 1.5, like the Rhino variants and the burst fire pistol 93R. While the FrontLine Gear Set allows you to use a SMG with the shield, which is great, we don’t want to make that the only viable shield build – the new sidearms, together with the ones already in the game, should allow you to create a powerful ballistic shield build without feeling forced to use FrontLine’s 4-piece bonus.

Some players will be happy to know that the B.L.I.N.D rifle, which people have been asking about since it was first shown before the release of Underground, is finally in the game! Since the B.L.I.N.D gear set was retooled into Banshee’s Shadow in Update 1.4, it’s seen a name change though – it’s now known as the Urban MDR Assault Rifle and gives a damage bonus to targets suffering from a status effect.

On the PTS for Update 1.5, the requirements for unlocking weapon talents were pretty high – those have been lowered ahead of the official release.

Summary of new weapons
In Update 1.5, we’re introducing 12 new weapon types and four new Named weapons.
The B.L.I.N.D rifle has been added to the game. It’s now called the Urban MDR Assault Rifle.

The great armor and shotgun debates
One issue that we are aware of after Update 1.4, and are actively looking into, is that armor has become the perceived best in slot bonus for gear. We agree with the community that this simply isn’t fun.

One solution that we were testing on the PTS for Update 1.5 was to make the Enemy Armor Damage bonus a major attribute instead of a minor one. The idea was that you’d have to choose between being tanky or doing a lot of damage – currently you can create builds that do both at the same time. We weren’t happy with the results we got and we’ve decided to revert those changes. Instead we’ll do a greater pass on the armor mechanics in the future. Your feedback was invaluable when reaching this decision and proved to us once again how important the PTS is for the future development of the game. Thanks to everyone for your constructive criticism and discussions.

Enemy Armor Damage will still have an effect in PvP, as planned. We will closely monitor how this change works out, what impact it has on the meta and listen closely to your feedback.

Another current issue is shotguns in PvP, primarily on consoles, and how they work with aim assist, making it incredibly easy to get in hard-hitting headshots on enemy players. In Update 1.5, the strength of the aim assist, and the effect of accuracy, on shotguns has been lowered. We’ve also tweaked their headshot base damage bonus. Hopefully these changes should make shotguns more fun and more balanced in PvP again, both to use and to fight against.

Summary to armor and shotguns
The armor stat is currently seen as the best in slot stat for rolling on gear and we’re investigating how to change it in the future to make room for more decision making when creating your builds.
The change of Enemy Armor Damage from a minor to a major attribute that we tested on the PTS has been reverted. Enemy Armor Damage will still have an effect in PvP.
The strength of the aim assist on shotguns has been lowered, together with changes to their accuracy and headshot base damage bonus.
The economy

In Update 1.4, our crafty players figured out that a good way to get Phoenix Credits quickly was to drop down to World Tier 2 and run the Clear Sky incursion over and over again, since the PxC rewards didn’t scale with World Tier. That’s clearly not working as intended, as we want people to play at the tier they are normally in and challenge themselves at the highest levels (and feel rewarded for the time spent). At the same time, we don’t want to lower the current rewards either, as we think they are appropriate. Instead we went the opposite route and increased the rewards in the higher tiers for a range of different activities both for normal Credits and Phoenix Credits, making sure that the time investment versus rewards is balanced. The exception to this rule is World Tier 1, where we lowered the credits rewards slightly.

For example, in Update 1.5, a Challenging Incursion in World Tier 2 rewards 100 Phoenix Credits, just like it does now. This reward is increased to 120 in World Tier 3, 165 in World Tier 4 and jumps up to 270 in World Tier 5. At the same time, we need to be aware that the time to complete activities in the lower Tiers will always change when we add new World Tiers and higher Gear Scores, so we will keep monitoring the balance going forward.

Vendors will now offer items based on your actual Gear Score, not World Tier, making them consistent with the level 1-30 experience, where vendors always sold items relevant to your level. This also applies to the vendor caches you can buy, where the price scales depending on the Gear Score of the items inside. This means that the caches on the higher World Tiers, from WT4 and above, will be slightly more expensive, but as we increase the amount of currency you gain in the higher World Tiers, we need to make sure we maintain a balance between those gains and the costs of the caches.

In addition to normal loot drops, enemies now have a chance to drop crafting materials. Chances to drop higher quality materials increases with World Tier.

Summary of economy changes
Activities on higher World Tiers have had their credits and Phoenix Credits rewards increased.
Vendors will now sell items based on your Gear Score, not World Tier. Caches have become slightly more expensive in the higher Tiers.
Enemies will now have a chance to drop crafting material when killed.
Stagger and stash size
One change coming in Update 1.5 is that the stagger mechanic will have an effect in PvP again – high-stagger weapons, like shotguns and marksman rifles, will now cause the target’s aim to flinch. This is in no way as extreme as it used to be with explosive bullets, but we felt that stagger should have at least some form of role to play in PvP. We’ll be monitoring the results closely, but hope this addition will lead to even more dynamic and interesting fights.

One major thing we’re doing in Update 1.5 is increasing the stash size from 70 to 150 items – that’s more than a 100% increase in space! This has been high on the wish list of many of our players, and now you’re able to horde even more gear and weapons!

Update 1.5 is also coming with the regular balance tweaks and bug fixes you can expect from a major patch. Remember to read the full patch notes, when available, for a full list!

Summary of stagger and stash size changes
Stagger will now have an effect in PvP.
The stash size has been increased from 70 to 150 items.

Update 1.5 will also feature other balance tweaks and bug fixes.

Conclusions
In many ways, Update 1.5 is the natural continuation of and conclusion to Update 1.4. That update was incredibly important for The Division, both for the game and for our community, and gave us a strong foundation to stand on as we move forward. The game has never been healthier and a new World Tier is a great starting point for the future development of The Division. Our players will be able to move forward together in a way that simply wasn’t possible before.

To reiterate – Update 1.5 will be free and will be released on all platforms, for all players, irrespective of the Survival release date. It’s coming to PC and Xbox One on November 22, with a slight delay on Playstation 4. We’re really excited to give you all those new gear pieces and weapons and can’t wait to see what kind of builds, strategies and tactics you come up with using them.

We’ll see you in World Tier 5!

/The Division Dev Team

http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/game/en-US/news/152-275149-16/update-15-in-detail

Grisby

So I stopped playing right around a month or so after launch. The last thing I really remember was the BK farm (although I never did it).

I see above (and over on the regular gaming side) that they've made some big changes. Was thinking about coming back, but I've also got a few questions.

About how long would it take to get a good gear score? They didn't really have that when I left. I think I had a couple of epics equipped, although I couldn't equip a bag I made due to some big glitch (which I take was fixed?).

Do people still play the original incursions? Never tried those and I'd like to.

I remember they were going to allow people to cut pickup lines in the DZ. How did that work out? One last question, I got the season pass at launch and I remember you were supposed to get some special monthly cargo drops or something. Should I expect a fleet of those upon returning?

Shoutout to all the red pandas out there.

SRTtoZ

Is there a best way of gearing up for a fresh 30 in 1.4/1.5? I just got a 1070 SC video card so I thought now would be a good time to jump in on PC. I was a PS4 player when the game launched but lost interest when everything was unbalanced. Any tips would be appreciated.

GazzaGSi

Great post on reddit from user chykunnx regarding changes in 1.5 that have been a bit vague or not thoroughly stated:

Here are some 1.5 changes I observed in PTS that I dont see people posting here much that may affect your preparation with 1.5.

229 Weapon and Gear Mods buy/sell costs are now reduced by approx 1/4 of its original price. So you might want to sell mods now that you plan on selling post 1.5 as they would give less credits afrer 1.5 hits.

This was mentioned in latest SOTG but i want to give it more visibility. Bought 229 sealed caches from vendors will give 163 items instead of 229 after 1.5 hits due to some vendor changes that Hamish mentioned. You may want to open them now before 1.5 hits.

DZ XP lost on death is now approximately halved. I used to lose 7k on death at DZ Rank 92, now its only 3k per death. You may not feel much difference on low DZ rank but at higher DZ rank this encourages me to use other builds than sticking to Banshee 4p.

Vendor prices and GS now adapts to you and your stash GS items instead of World Tier you are in. What this means is if you want to buy cheap low gearscored items for mats, you need to do the lower DZ Rank trick: Equip 163 items and move all your higher GS items on your alt (no higher GS on stash too). Tested working on PTS 1.5

229 sealed caches now costs 150 pxc and 256 seal caches costs 200 pxc.

To unlock 256 sealed caches from vendors, you need to loot at least 1 256 gs item.

There is currently a bug in PTS 1.5 that me and my friend experienced frequently where vendors refuse to show any sealed caches at all. We have to wait a while until it becomes available again. It just happened to us randomly.

So if you want max value for all your spare gear in your stash, especially mods then get selling as their value will plummet come 1.5

Think I'm just going to keep acouple of weapons, best in slot mods and my alpha build to get me through at the start on my way to 256 gear, everything else will be sold even though I have some perfectly rolled gear.

GazzaGSi

When should I use my season pass cache thingy?

I'm claiming mine when I've got acouple of 256 gear pieces once 1.5 is released to get 256 gear items from the cache.

It won't increase in power when the patch/dlc hits. When the cache is dropped its gear score is decided.

I thought that was just vendor/proficiency/UG caches and that the supply drop crates were still tied to gearscore?

It won't increase in power when the patch/dlc hits. When the cache is dropped its gear score is decided.

So you're saying if you've played the game since the 15th/Supply Drop inbound then it will be a 229 drop if you acquire it after the update?

I thought that was just vendor/proficiency/UG caches and that the supply drop crates were still tied to gearscore?

Yeah, that's what I thought too.

SRTtoZ

Oh you know what you could be right. He mentions it during the state of the game and I might have misinterpreted that.

SRTtoZ

Damn this game looks and runs so good on my new 1070. I thought it looked good on PS4, this is so much better and it runs flawlessly. Money well spent.

GazzaGSi

Damn this game looks and runs so good on my new 1070. I thought it looked good on PS4, this is so much better and it runs flawlessly. Money well spent.

When I see some images of the game on PC I get jealous at how good it looks. There's a pic thread over on reddit of your favourite image you've taken and the PC images are so crisp.

When I see some images of the game on PC I get jealous at how good it looks. There's a pic thread over on reddit of your favourite image you've taken and the PC images are so crisp.

I got a new PC (i7, 16 GB RAM, GTX 1070 , etc, etc) about two months ago and while the visuals are great the extra horsepower to improve the general feel and framerate of the game makes The Division a joy to play.

Animator

So I stopped playing right around a month or so after launch. The last thing I really remember was the BK farm (although I never did it).

I see above (and over on the regular gaming side) that they've made some big changes. Was thinking about coming back, but I've also got a few questions.

About how long would it take to get a good gear score? They didn't really have that when I left. I think I had a couple of epics equipped, although I couldn't equip a bag I made due to some big glitch (which I take was fixed?).

Do people still play the original incursions? Never tried those and I'd like to.

I remember they were going to allow people to cut pickup lines in the DZ. How did that work out? One last question, I got the season pass at launch and I remember you were supposed to get some special monthly cargo drops or something. Should I expect a fleet of those upon returning?

I have the same questions before I bother downloading the game again. Anyone?

It won't take long at all to get a "max" 256 Gear Score (GS) but GS is not representative of having a good character build but rather just what is possible regarding stat ranges on a piece (s) of gear. You will have to work your way through each Tier (there are 4 currently with the 1.5 update introducing Tier 5, each Tier offers different levels of gear - Tier 1 163 GS, Tier 2 182 GS, Tier 3 204 GS, Tier 4 229 GS, Tier 5 256 GS).

I'm not sure how active old Incursions are on consoles but it is hard for me to find a group through matchmaking on PC, this might change with the 1.5 update.

I don't play enough Dark Zone to form an opinion on the "Cutting-the-rope" feature but in my limited play-time there I never used it nor did I have someone attempt it.

Regarding monthly Supply Drops, they weren't deployed until August so you haven't missed much and, no, they do not stack. You get one on the 1st and 15th of each month. So, if you don't claim the one from the 1st of the month by the 15th then you simply lose it.

Introduction to World Tiers (much more in-depth regarding difficulty, etc)...

http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.co....aspx?c=tcm:154-267742-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

The major/game changing 1.4 update patch notes...

http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.co....aspx?c=tcm:154-271342-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

Lanrutcon

Compared to traditional MMOs, getting "max level" gear in this game is super simple, if you're just gearing about gear score and not min maxing individual attributes on gear.

GazzaGSi

Well I hope it's not just me but today I found the recalibration table... in the terminal lol. I had no idea there was one down there, at least I kept my characters athletic running up the stairs in the BoOps :)

Edit: and nope I don't mean the crafting table.

Lanrutcon

Well I hope it's not just me but today I found the recalibration table... in the terminal lol. I had no idea there was one down there, at least I kept my characters athletic running up the stairs in the BoOps :)

Just you. Turn in your badge.

Mullah88

lol its there but hidden in a corner with no indicator. i wonder what that other staircase will lead to

GazzaGSi

tumblr_inline_mjz3n06koR1qz4rgp.gif

Grisby

It won't take long at all to get a "max" 256 Gear Score (GS) but GS is not representative of having a good character build but rather just what is possible regarding stat ranges on a piece (s) of gear. You will have to work your way through each Tier (there are 4 currently with the 1.5 update introducing Tier 5, each Tier offers different levels of gear - Tier 1 163 GS, Tier 2 182 GS, Tier 3 204 GS, Tier 4 229 GS, Tier 5 256 GS).

I'm not sure how active old Incursions are on consoles but it is hard for me to find a group through matchmaking on PC, this might change with the 1.5 update.

I don't play enough Dark Zone to form an opinion on the "Cutting-the-rope" feature but in my limited play-time there I never used it nor did I have someone attempt it.

Regarding monthly Supply Drops, they weren't deployed until August so you haven't missed much and, no, they do not stack. You get one on the 1st and 15th of each month. So, if you don't claim the one from the 1st of the month by the 15th then you simply lose it.

Introduction to World Tiers (much more in-depth regarding difficulty, etc)...

http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.co....aspx?c=tcm:154-267742-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

The major/game changing 1.4 update patch notes...

http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.co....aspx?c=tcm:154-271342-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32
Cool, thanks for the info. Maybe the incursions are more populated on consoles (on ps4 here).

Strangely enough, playing Watch Dogs 2 has got me thinking more about The Division. The shooting was good even though the enemies were a bit too bullet spongy at high levels for more liking, and running around New York during a snowstorm is still one of the most atmospheric things I've done in a game this year.

Nemic77

The shooting was good even though the enemies were a bit too bullet spongy at high levels for more liking

For me the best thing about 1.4 was that huge decrease in the time to kill in PVE. I couldn't stand the amount of bullets it took to bring down a normal NPC back in 1.3.

It's very satisfying now.

Sold almost all my stuff... 23 million credits, 1.5 million DZ credits and almost capped on PC too... guess I'm good to go.

Read on reddit someone was holding 70 million credits... wtf. lol

Mullah88

Sold almost all my stuff... 23 million credits, 1.5 million DZ credits and almost capped on PC too... guess I'm good to go.

Read on reddit someone was holding 70 million credits... wtf. lol

one of the female players we play with regularly has 73 mill in the bank! share played to optimize her build and was surprised at the amount of cash she was hording.

a night ago, the whole server decided to have a 1v1 in front of the dz1 west entrance lol. was fun for about 20-25 minutes till more people came in that didnt know what was happening and 16 players ganged up against the 2 groups that came in trying to kill everyone! it was amazing to watch (standing on top of cars and clapping meant you were not part of it). i grabbed a clip but forgot that chat audio was enabled

also glad that dz xp lost from dying will be reduced, that way ill get to at least run around with other sets instead of banshee

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
I got a new PC (i7, 16 GB RAM, GTX 1070 , etc, etc) about two months ago and while the visuals are great the extra horsepower to improve the general feel and framerate of the game makes The Division a joy to play.

how does it run with those specs? are you at 1080/1440p 60fps and what other settings do you have? i have pretty much the same pc and thinking of buying this.

GazzaGSi

PS4 Pro people, Let your voices be heard on Reddit, since that's the only place Massive listens to! ;P

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/5e4s5i/ps4_pro_support_with_15survival_coming_up/

Edit: nvm. Thread removed. There's no hope
PS4 players are truly plebs on Reddit.

After playing so much cod and BF on the pro and then going back to the division I was quite disappointed, almost spoiled by the Pro where I don't know how long I can continue playing none patched games with the money going to waste that I've spent.

EL CUCO

After playing so much cod and BF on the pro and then going back to the division I was quite disappointed, almost spoiled by the Pro where I don't know how long I can continue playing none patched games with the money going to waste that I've spent.
Same here with TiF2. Gonna be picking up BF1 for Black Friday because the Pro support as well.

how does it run with those specs? are you at 1080/1440p 60fps and what other settings do you have? i have pretty much the same pc and thinking of buying this.

Maxed Settings in-game with CA and the vignette setting (both preference settings with no influence on performance whether on or off) turned off at 1080P, maxed frames set to 120 with vsync produces a solid 60 FPS for me. For whatever reason if I set max frames at 60 it hovers in the 57 FPS range.

The game runs great but like I have said before this game is more dependent on network stability than any other game I have ever played before as with the smallest network hiccup it can feel like you are having performance issues on console or PC.

All that said it feels great coming from the Xbox One version (not that there was anything wrong with it but 60 FPS feels great in this game).

I need to try the new NVIDIA drivers that were optimized for the Survival expansion.

Top Bottom