• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

As a coop only gamer who enjoys 3ps games and who enjoyed Destiby, but knows little about how this game and its dlc/patches have been received, is the base game plys seadon pass worth it? How much is there to do? Is there a point where the game just stops, like vannella Destiny? Anything else I should know? Please and thabk you for anyone that indulges me.

As a coop only gamer who enjoys 3ps games and who enjoyed Destiby, but knows little about how this game and its dlc/patches have been received, is the base game plys seadon pass worth it? How much is there to do? Is there a point where the game just stops, like vannella Destiny? Anything else I should know? Please and thabk you for anyone that indulges me.

I think the season pass is completely unnecessary, at least for now... tomorrow the second DLC is arriving and we'll know whether or not it makes up for something interesting. I mean tomorrow on the PC and XBone, PS4 is getting it one month from now.

The vanilla game has plenty of missions to do and the DZ is pretty awesome to play with friends imo.

moojito

I've been looking out for the survival dlc and it's not on sale anywhere. Not on uplay, amazon, etc.
I can understand they want to pimp their season pass, but this is ridiculous.

Lanrutcon

Right.

Around 50 million and 4.5k phoenix worth of caches spent.

No Famas.

Did get the new LMG though. The thing handles like a freaking AR.

I've been looking out for the survival dlc and it's not on sale anywhere. Not on uplay, amazon, etc.
I can understand they want to pimp their season pass, but this is ridiculous.

Whoa wait... do we have to buy this new survival mode? Is it standalone?

Also - How is this survival mode integrated in the normal world?

I'm picking this up on Xbox One and played the first few months to max level/loot on PS4... i have NO desire to play the "normal game" and just want a KOTH survival experience in the Division world. Does this survival mode allow for separate leveling and stuff? What do you actually get for winning/extracting? Stuff to use in the "normal game"? If so... bummer on that portion.

Survival looks like what the full division should have been.

That's because Marco is a dipshit douche.

Watch solid fps or chappie for dat quality Division. Survival is the entire point to play this DLC. If you don't might as well stop playing the game again cause Dank Zone LUL

Was watching Arekkz playing Survival and it seemed quite good actually. It's something different to have to play the game with lower score gear/weapons and trying to... well, survive. Might be a fresh restart for the game.

On other news, I went to the DZ solo today, of course, with 4pc Banshee, as I didn't want to risk losing xp/credits. Oddly enough I didn't find any rogues, I wiped clean DZ03 underground, refueling station and the square. I successfully extracted my loot there. Twice. That was pure luck.

Mullah88

Was watching Arekkz playing Survival and it seemed quite good actually. It's something different to have to play the game with lower score gear/weapons and trying to... well, survive. Might be a fresh restart for the game.

On other news, I went to the DZ solo today, of course, with 4pc Banshee, as I didn't want to risk losing xp/credits. Oddly enough I didn't find any rogues, I wiped clean DZ03 underground, refueling station and the square. I successfully extracted my loot there. Twice. That was pure luck.

want to farm uninterrupted/ go to dz 06 west checkpoint and farm the contaminated zone (the boos that drops the hog) and the underground boss. the rooftop extraction is also close by. other players usually dont farm that section cause its not a names location. by the time you've extracted, it'll be back up again.

3pc hunters faith, 3pc sentry with providence sniper is hilarious, you guys should try it out just for fun. the instant kills are amazing and the reaction afterwards

want to farm uninterrupted/ go to dz 06 west checkpoint and farm the contaminated zone (the boos that drops the hog) and the underground boss. the rooftop extraction is also close by. other players usually dont farm that section cause its not a names location. by the time you've extracted, it'll be back up again.

3pc hunters faith, 3pc sentry with providence sniper is hilarious, you guys should try it out just for fun. the instant kills are amazing and the reaction afterwards

Yeah that part too I go there regularly :p

That build is insane lol. I saw a few videos and people going nuts calling the dude a cheater hahah

Edit: my video soloing the dz (not a big feat, I know). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhztP-OzPPM

Keep in mind that I was playing with a completely unoptimized build, I simply equipped 4pc banshee I had in my stuff and entered the dz :D

Lima

There is lots of viable snipers now.

AR is king
Sniper rifles are second best
LMGs are third in the chain imo due to the nerf

And bottom of the barrel are SMGs now. Terrible.

But yeah this is AR meta now boys.

There is lots of viable snipers now.

AR is king
Sniper rifles are second best
LMGs are third in the chain imo due to the nerf

And bottom of the barrel are SMGs now. Terrible.

But yeah this is AR meta now boys.

Lies. I'm running a very good Navy MP5 build. (AB + 2 MP5s). Playing with only one I agree they're not viable. But if you're running an AB build they can be used too. Actually it's the weapon I'm using the most now. I even gave up using the Hog because the MP5 feels nice.

Here's some stuff that seems worth buying to me - I was running an AR/LMG build with near optimal rolls on my 229 gear and these were instant improvements. Just remember to switch to World Tier 5 first, then kill an enemy and equip a 259 for the vendors to scale appropriately first.

BACKPACK
SPECIALIZED
DZ E 34th
It already has a good stamina roll, so you just need to recalibrate for armor. The more 259 gear you get, the better this gets, since it gives you skill power based on your overall firearms and stamina.

ASSAULT RIFLE
LVOA-C
Kerman Station
ARs still seem great? Even with only 1/3 talents unlocked, this gave me 25k higher DPS compared to my really, really good roll LVOA-C from 1.4.

SNIPER RIFLE
Police MK17
Camp Hudson
I haven't compared it yet to the one I'm running as a backup weapon, but this looks really good? It has Brutal already rolled on it and +164% headshot damage and good base damage. I believe this is still one of the best-in-class weapons in the game?

SUPRESSOR
Omega Suppressor
Meat Locker
17.5% headshot dmg
4% crit dmg
3% crit chance
Seems better than anything I got in 1.4.

Level 34 Firearms Mod
236 FA/256 Armor
Darkzone E 34th
You can buy like 3-4 to upgrade all of your gear instantly. It's not a perfect roll, but chances are that it's better than most of your lv 33 FA mods.

Level 34 Stamina Mod Blueprint
In the basement near the terminal
Always good to be able to craft these.

Here's the full list from the vendor reset for those running Shotguns/SMGs/Marksman rifles or looking for specific gear set items.
http://rubenalamina.mx/the-division-weekly-vendor-reset/

I've been trying to look up more about Survival and it's rewards etc.

What type of rewards do you get from Survival mode? Are they rewards you can use in subsequent sessions of Survival or are they simply gear for "normal mode"?

Is there some sort of ranking system in/for Survival mode? If i go in as a brand new player (was a PS4 player now will be playing on XBO) will i be at some sort of disadvantage etc.? I have no desire to play the "normal mode" any longer so i'm really hoping that Survival rewards are related to the actual mode.

fr0st

Banned
Apparently yannick said that the ps4 patch is probably gonna come early next week which is Tuesday which is when all these patches comes out ROFL.

I've been trying to look up more about Survival and it's rewards etc.

What type of rewards do you get from Survival mode? Are they rewards you can use in subsequent sessions of Survival or are they simply gear for "normal mode"?

Is there some sort of ranking system in/for Survival mode? If i go in as a brand new player (was a PS4 player now will be playing on XBO) will i be at some sort of disadvantage etc.? I have no desire to play the "normal mode" any longer so i'm really hoping that Survival rewards are related to the actual mode.

No ranking system for Survival and the rewards are for you to play other modes on. Nothing carries over for subsequent Survival playthoughs. It is a completely disjointed experience.

In Survival everyone starts equal with very basic gear and you build up and craft along the way.

GazzaGSi

Apparently yannick said that the ps4 patch is probably gonna come early next week which is Tuesday which is when all these patches comes out ROFL.

Watched some of their 24hr stream earlier and he must've said before the end of the week half a dozen times. Either way I have a lot on this week so I'm not too fussed lol sounds like there's some good gear to grab at the vendors though, glad I stocked up on currencies.

No ranking system for Survival and the rewards are for you to play other modes on. Nothing carries over for subsequent Survival playthoughs. It is a completely disjointed experience.

In Survival everyone starts equal with very basic gear and you build up and craft along the way.

Ah fuck that's a huge shame :'(

I was hoping it would be cosmetic rewards like skins etc. to use when you play more survival... sorta like H1Z1 KOTH type stuff.

Unless there is some new horde modes or something i have no desire to play around in the Divisions sandbox outside of Survival.... unfortunate reward system.

Here's to hoping they'll continue to add and expand Survival. I really think they could have a hit on their hands with this. Give us ranking, visual customization and some other tweaks for replayability and i think this will be played much more than the normal game in the months to come.

Ah fuck that's a huge shame :'(

I was hoping it would be cosmetic rewards like skins etc. to use when you play more survival... sorta like H1Z1 KOTH type stuff.

Unless there is some new horde modes or something i have no desire to play around in the Divisions sandbox outside of Survival.... unfortunate reward system.

Here's to hoping they'll continue to add and expand Survival. I really think they could have a hit on their hands with this. Give us ranking, visual customization and some other tweaks for replayability and i think this will be played much more than the normal game in the months to come.
I'm mainly excited about Survival for the fact that it lets me play with friends who haven't kept up on The Division, since everyone starts with the same base gear and moves up together. While doing so, I'll unlock gear that fits my normal character outside of Survival and they'll do the same, without us having to make alts that are properly leveled. I think it's a smart system for a wave of players who'll revisit the division with the new patches and for players picking up the game with the crazy sales ($10 at Amazon, etc.). Makes it so there's a mode you can dip your toes in at any level.

Man, the loot just rains down now. I played 40 minutes at lunch and went from 1 item in each slot to a full backpack. Must have looted 65-70 256 items just by doing HVTs. Now to sort through it all...hah.

Played my first survival match (Xbone) and i find it pretty fun. I did PVE to start and the other 3 guys in my group all died (2 by NPC/1 Infection timer ran out).

Avoided Most of the NPC's i cam across with ease and got alot of material to make it to the dark zone. Managed to get the Vials and Call the extraction until The hunter showed and killed me. The dude isn't to overpowered but he's agile as hell and packs a good punch if under geared. He trapped me with his turret and rushed me (Turret was my end) but overall pretty fun experience.

Got my first LVOA and the new M700 Sniper rifle out the reward cache.

If grouping, COMMUNICATION IS A MUST.

SRTtoZ

Ubisoft really fucked this up for their own customers. I mean, think about it. If/when there is a Season 2, or Division 2, who in their right mind is going to jump on the PS4 version after being fucked like this? I get that Destiny did some exclusive shit with Sony, but they still got the expansions and patches the same date as every other version, they only had a few exc items/strikes etc. Its pretty mind boggling that Ubisoft did this. Like, who in their right mind would buy a Ubisoft season pass on PS4 again after this shit?

Rezhyn has uploaded his 1.5 Ultimate Guide. The conclusion is very sad:

TLDR

1.5 has for the most part taken some steps backwards in terms of balancing. 1.4 had clear cut winners but no matter what you had quite a few choices to pick from, now ARs are really dominating the meta, especially AlphaBridge with a Famas. I foresee EAD getting a nerf to how much of it applies in PvP, and Uncomplicated getting a “fix” so it scales less than a mere 2% loss. SP and Firearms still prove to be weak stats, again killing off a large portion of strong and fun builds that could be applied and keep up with other builds. Enemy Armor Damage being a free stat and so strong makes it a must have on any build, killing even more wiggle room. This results in insanely low, basically patch 1.1 TTK.
Another large issue with this patch is bugs and performance issues. Looks like Massive was on a tight schedule, and did not fix a large portion of issues plaguing PTS. Expect your character to run straight and be frozen, Frontline to bug out constantly, 30fps locks on PC, and numerous client crashes. Lets cross our fingers for a mid patch update with some balancing and bug fixes!

Have fun, and good luck Agents.

Well damn, I just ordered this on PC.

They just fixed it... only to f*** everything again. I really hope this is not the case and Rezhyn is just overreacting. Or that we see another patch soon to nerf what is needed and rebalance the game.

FFS Massive, why u do this?

GazzaGSi

Rezhyn has uploaded his 1.5 Ultimate Guide. The conclusion is very sad:

Lol glad I spent as much time enjoying 1.4 as I could. If it's remotely back to where it's been before I'll give it a break until the next patch. All this as well as no Pro support (not confirmed either way) I think it's time to move on for abit. Plenty to play, especially with the couple of purchases I just made off the store in the sale. Will give it a try myself when we eventually get 1.5 but reading that has certainly lowered my expectations for it.

SRTtoZ

Grrr. Leveling up doing the Time Square mission, at the very ending trying to kill the Sniper boss and I get a Delta error. Guess I gotta re-do it :(

This is enraging.

And yes the 7gb update is 1.5/Survival DLC.

I'm mainly excited about Survival for the fact that it lets me play with friends who haven't kept up on The Division, since everyone starts with the same base gear and moves up together. While doing so, I'll unlock gear that fits my normal character outside of Survival and they'll do the same, without us having to make alts that are properly leveled. I think it's a smart system for a wave of players who'll revisit the division with the new patches and for players picking up the game with the crazy sales ($10 at Amazon, etc.). Makes it so there's a mode you can dip your toes in at any level.

Man, the loot just rains down now. I played 40 minutes at lunch and went from 1 item in each slot to a full backpack. Must have looted 65-70 256 items just by doing HVTs. Now to sort through it all...hah.

Oh I agree. I just wish there was some cool integrated Suevival ranking system and loot rewards granted cosmetics that were only for Survival mode.

Ketch

of the 4 times i've tried survival so far, 1 I got disconnected, 1 I had a "bad connection" message on screen and couldn't loot anything for the duration, 1 I actually got to play, and the current attempt where I'm stuck at the loading screen for going on 5 minutes.

Lanrutcon

Current server stability is...not great. I used to play without a single disconnect/crash for days before the patch. Now? every 10 to 15 minutes in group content gets me a disconnect. During primetime I even get it while solo open worlding.

Still loving the game, but 1.5.X needs to address the stability issues. Nerfing the Famas can wait.

Edit: The Barrett chest. Is it Challenge mode only?

Flintty

I tried Survival last night with a couple of randoms (mics were used too!) and it was an awesome experience. kind of makes the rest of the game feel like 'arcade mode'.

We extracted on our 3rd or 4th attempt with one of the three of us dying on the extraction point (it scales the number of bosses with your party size).

Overall, a huge and rewarding challenge but a bit disappointed that the first to reach the corpse gets the loot. Not good if you're a sniper. Personal loot would be my preference.

Oh, PvE mode btw. PvP is for the insane!

Just had two goes in PVE Survival solo after being away from the game for quite a while.

First time I was one of the last still alive and died after calling an extraction to a Hunter with a seeker mine who just kited me. Made the mistake of crafting a G36. I think you really need to go for guns that are good all-rounders without mods, since you probably won't be able to craft many. I was so annoyed at dying right at the end that I queued again right away.

Second time I thought I was going to die right at the start. Loads of players spawned around me and I couldn't find anything at all. Then they died or ran off and I had a surfeit of loot. Ended up crafting a lot of HE gear and made an HE SVD. I was going to loot some more since I had lots of time left, but then a guy called in an extraction and I decided to go join him. It was DZ03, so I thought I would just snipe from the buildings, but I don't know wtf this patch did on PC since my FPS just died completely and I couldn't do much up there. Then a third guy came, and those two died to Hunters. I though about just bailing to another extraction point, but I then decided what the hey, almost no sniper ammo, three Hunters and only a blue MG as backup. Luckily the Hunters lost aggro, so I went down and isolated one and killed him, then aggroed the other two, who got stuck in a little corridor with my turret keeping them in there so naded one down and turret got the other as he ran around and tried to flank me. Ressed the one guy who hadn't left and extracted.

Would play again.

Just had two goes in PVE Survival solo after being away from the game for quite a while.

First time I was one of the last still alive and died after calling an extraction to a Hunter with a seeker mine who just kited me. Made the mistake of crafting a G36. I think you really need to go for guns that are good all-rounders without mods, since you probably won't be able to craft many. I was so annoyed at dying right at the end that I queued again right away.

Second time I thought I was going to die right at the start. Loads of players spawned around me and I couldn't find anything at all. Then they died or ran off and I had a surfeit of loot. Ended up crafting a lot of HE gear and made an HE SVD. I was going to loot some more since I had lots of time left, but then a guy called in an extraction and I decided to go join him. It was DZ03, so I thought I would just snipe from the buildings, but I don't know wtf this patch did on PC since my FPS just died completely and I couldn't do much up there. Then a third guy came, and those two died to Hunters. I though about just bailing to another extraction point, but I then decided what the hey, almost no sniper ammo, three Hunters and only a blue MG as backup. Luckily the Hunters lost aggro, so I went down and isolated one and killed him, then aggroed the other two, who got stuck in a little corridor with my turret keeping them in there so naded one down and turret got the other as he ran around and tried to flank me. Ressed the one guy who hadn't left and extracted.

Would play again.

See... this right here sounds amazing! I cannot wait to play over the long weekend.

I just cant see why anyone would want to go play outside of Survival mode now. I think if anything (if it sells well) Survial mode should be expanded upon with more to do around and within the mode(s). Biggest of which is solo vs team PvP mode queueing. Have it work just like KOTH H1Z1 where there are Solo PvP matches, Doubles etc.

Top Bottom