• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Is there any quick leveling in the Division like there is in Destiny now? Any buy a straight to max level item?

Will be playing on XBO for the first time (cause survival) and if i do want to run with friends outside of that i wont be able to coming in fresh... but i have no desire to run all the story stuff again and spend the 20+ hours it takes to max up. Any suggestions? Or should i simply stick with Survival.

GazzaGSi

Is there any quick leveling in the Division like there is in Destiny now? Any buy a straight to max level item?

Will be playing on XBO for the first time (cause survival) and if i do want to run with friends outside of that i wont be able to coming in fresh... but i have no desire to run all the story stuff again and spend the 20+ hours it takes to max up. Any suggestions? Or should i simply stick with Survival.

If your friends are willing, they can pull you through the story missions and afew side missions to get you upto 30 in around 4-5 hours. They join your instance so all missions, encounters and side missions are selectable, they fast travel to safe houses and then you fast travel to them to unlock the safe house starting north east lmb territory as that's where the most XP is given for side missions working your way round anti clockwise.

I played 2 rounds of Survival last night and it was really fun. I was soloing and died within 30 minutes each round. The constant threat of death is really intense too. Both times I died it was after barely surviving a firefight and then freezing to death before I could get to shelter.

I will surely spend many hours in this mode but I am disappointed that it is essentially a waste of time (in regards to character progression) unless you extract from what I can tell. I feel like you should get rewards for the main game buy reaching milestones or something. I can run a hard mission in Tier 5 and get tons of loot along the way and finish in 20 minutes but the time suck that is survival doesn't seem to give you shit unless you extract.

I reached 256 GS last night and now am just refining my gear so once i have maxed that all out I won't care so much about rewards. That said it seems like this mode to a game all about loot and not building in milestone type rewards for staying alive 15, 30, 45 minutes etc. seems like a lost opportunity.

If your friends are willing, they can pull you through the story missions and afew side missions to get you upto 30 in around 4-5 hours. They join your instance so all missions, encounters and side missions are selectable, they fast travel to safe houses and then you fast travel to them to unlock the safe house starting north east lmb territory as that's where the most XP is given for side missions working your way round anti clockwise.

Ah so no 'straight to end-game level' option then... guess i'll just play survival lol.

Thanks for the good info though!

GazzaGSi

Ah so no 'straight to end-game level' option then... guess i'll just play survival lol.

Thanks for the good info though!

Unfortunately not lol

For anyone on Xbox/pc how is the stash lag? Was meant to be fixed in 1.5 but have read earlier even the quick nav doesn't work now to a specific group of pieces?

jesu

I played 2 rounds of Survival last night and it was really fun. I was soloing and died within 30 minutes each round. The constant threat of death is really intense too. Both times I died it was after barely surviving a firefight and then freezing to death before I could get to shelter.

I will surely spend many hours in this mode but I am disappointed that it is essentially a waste of time (in regards to character progression) unless you extract from what I can tell. I feel like you should get rewards for the main game buy reaching milestones or something. I can run a hard mission in Tier 5 and get tons of loot along the way and finish in 20 minutes but the time suck that is survival doesn't seem to give you shit unless you extract.

I reached 256 GS last night and now am just refining my gear so once i have maxed that all out I won't care so much about rewards. That said it seems like this mode to a game all about loot and not building in milestone type rewards for staying alive 15, 30, 45 minutes etc. seems like a lost opportunity.

I played a couple of times too.
First time I didn't last too long and only got 440 points
Second time I got over 1000 and that earned me a couple of 204 pieces of Gear.
Didn't have to extract anything.
Not much but one was better than what I had.

I played a couple of times too.
First time I didn't last too long and only got 440 points
Second time I got over 1000 and that earned me a couple of 204 pieces of Gear.
Didn't have to extract anything.
Not much but one was better than what I had.

Good to know!! That makes me feel a bit better. The more I think about it I realize this mode is perfect to play once I'm basically satisfied with my build. It is by far the most fun I have had just playing the game. I solo most of the time and this mode is really perfect for that!

Unfortunately not lol

For anyone on Xbox/pc how is the stash lag? Was meant to be fixed in 1.5 but have read earlier even the quick nav doesn't work now to a specific group of pieces?

I noticed that I couldn't use the quick nav in my stash last night so that is still there. Really wonky behavior. I am not familiar with the lag you're talking about though.

GazzaGSi

I noticed that I couldn't use the quick nav in my stash last night so that is still there. Really wonky behavior. I am not familiar with the lag you're talking about though.

In 1.4 opening your stashed lagged quite abit with a lot of items but the quick Nav worked holding R2 to skip to a category. Seems like quick nav is broken in 1.5 :(

Please tell me that this patch wasnt delayed because of the xbox deal. Please.

According to Hamish from Massive, the PS4 1.5 version of the patch was kinda buggy and not ready for release on the 22nd (like the other version were working fine, lol). So yeah. We're hoping it doesn't take too long, after all there's a nice GS 256 Navy MP5 blueprint for sale and I don't want to miss that one.

xclaw

Just skipped through the last few hours of the official stream, they close it off with no ETA yet but are trying to get it out before the end of the week which I believe is sometime Thursday/Friday AM timeframe. Might know more today.

Just skipped through the last few hours of the official stream, they close it off with no ETA yet but are trying to get it out before the end of the week which I believe is sometime Thursday/Friday AM timeframe. Might know more today.

I doubt we're getting it this week, unfortunately.

Thank you massive for making us PS4 users miss on that MP5 BP! That's really awesome of you.

last I heard, Patches were supposed to be free.
wtzgU.gif

Archpath1

First game of survival, grouped up with randos, was intense throughout, like ten players died in the same contaminated area lol
We pretty much lasted until the end last 4 players only.
Lost two guys on the way to DZ

Then I had 15min other guy had 5min, didn't know we had to craft the freaking flare gun

Had the other dude make it
We did the extraction in DZ4
It takes 3 mins but he only had like 2 mins, so we knew he wasn't going to make it, had to fight off 2 hunters

He yelled take my loot broooooo, his body flopped over
And I was the last man standing. Extracted.8k score.
Crazy night

Here's a screenshot

First game of survival, grouped up with randos, was intense throughout, like ten players died in the same contaminated area lol
We pretty much lasted until the end last 4 players only.
Lost two guys on the way to DZ

Then I had 15min other guy had 5min, didn't know we had to craft the freaking flare gun

Had the other dude make it
We did the extraction in DZ4
It takes 3 mins but he only had like 2 mins, so we knew he wasn't going to make it, had to fight off 2 hunters

He yelled take my loot broooooo, his body flopped over
And I was the last man standing. Extracted.8k score.
Crazy night
Would you please stop posting about Survival

PLEASE

:'(

I was a PC player with the Season Pass, but I have nobody to play with and some buddies play on Xbox One so I bought that version for $10 on Amazon.

Is it worth the grind again and maybe I only need to buy the Survival DLC to enjoy the game??

Apologies if this has been asked already, but how do you find Survival mode? It isn't on the map and I can't find any reference to it in the menus.

Apologies if this has been asked already, but how do you find Survival mode? It isn't on the map and I can't find any reference to it in the menus.

Go to the Terminal, where the lift down to the Underground is, and you will see some open double doors on the right, as you come from the BOO. Through those doors is a little room with another set of doors you can use to queue and matchmake for Survival.

I played Survival once more and got Master rank! I was pretty surprised, since I thought I wouldn't get that high a score, but I saw afterwards that I killed loads of enemies, plus a named guy in the DZ. You might want to kill them if you can, since they drop survival caches, which have like 5 HE items (can also be set items, but seems rare). All that time spent playing solo in the DZ really helps for Survival.

You're all playing survival and here I am farming for that goddamn Lex chest.
I want that chest! That said, the chances of it dropping are slim. The chances of it dropping with a decent armor or stamina/firearms stat? Even slimmer. Gah. I know I'm going to get one finally and it'll be Electronics/Protection from Elites. Sigh.

GazzaGSi

last I heard, Patches were supposed to be free.
wtzgU.gif

That's because most idiots keep moaning and asking in previous SoTG's is 1.5 free so massive can't make it anymore clearer than saying free 1.5, paid for DLC Survival. Even then you constantly see "is 1.5 free" "Uh I ain't paying for a patch" etc etc when they've never said 1.5 is paid for, it's just released at the same time as survival yet people don't realise they're separate.

EL CUCO

Man, I've been playing a ton of Survival
on twitch :(
no 2 runs are ever the same.

Tempted to pick up the $10 Amazon price for the Xbone version, but I'll be strong till the 20th of Dec..

Man, I've been playing a ton of Survival
on twitch :(
no 2 runs are ever the same.

Tempted to pick up the $10 Amazon price for the Xbone version, but I'll be strong till the 20th of Dec..

The only reason I haven't gotten the XBone version yet is that I'd have to go all the way through the campaign again and up my char in the DZ... I have no patience to do that again. But damn this wait (for the 1.5 and Survival) is killing me.

The only reason I haven't gotten the XBone version yet is that I'd have to go all the way through the campaign again and up my char in the DZ... I have no patience to do that again. But damn this wait (for the 1.5 and Survival) is killing me.

Im in the same boat but said fuck it and will just play survival on the XBO. At this point that's really all im interested in. When it comes to PS4 i'll likely buy it there if they will have future survival mode updates etc.

ThatHurt

Played a four-man last night with two guys that haven't played in a while. as they're trying to figure out how to craft things and break things down I'm yelling at them you're going to kill us all.
I kind of figure that's how it would work out in real life too

Bombless

Finally managed to extract after the 5th run or so. The last 3 were always at the extraction and I would had succeeded if not for the game's fucking awful stuttering every time the Hunter would attack.

It's nice but once you've done it a couple times it quickly becomes an easy task to get to the DZ since the spawns/chests aren't randomised. Once you got your areas of interest down it's a walk in the park.

Extracted with 6 dz cases, that run finished the weekly task as well which ended up with 12 or so cases reward in total.

Klocker

Posted this the Amazon thread but...

Just got my three mission to create my base camp... Does the game ever open up to a true open world where you just randomly encounter events and challenges that are not linear missions with check points?

Playing solo no DZ for me or MP

Is survival worth coming back for a mostly solo / coop type of player?

I generally play solo and survival PvE is a blast. Take your time and gear up if you play alone and you can be fine.

Top tip is to engage and retreat as a solo player. If they flank you, you die. You then revive and die again. They will surround your dying corpse and continue shooting while dancing.

You get self revive with med-kits in Survival so you spend time crafting extra med-kit pouches and med-kits to fill them before you get near the Dark Zone.

I successfully extracted in a solo mission for my first time out of 6 or 7 attempts last night. The loot just flowed and flowed. 8975 score so plan to do better next time.

You also can "choose" what packages to extract with you so last night I just took Gear Crates. I may go Weapon Crates tonight if I can find them.

My First Time

SliChillax

Should I buy the gold edition on Steam for 45 euros? I really wanna play this game but I'm afraid that it's designed more around online play and I'm more of an offline guy.

Should I buy the golf edition on Steam for 45 euros? I really wanna play this game but I'm afraid that it's designed more around online play and I'm more of an offline guy.

If you're into golf then you're in the wrong thread. /s

You need to be connected to play obviously but I generally play solo and have enjoyed it. You can complete all the main missions solo and mess around in the Dark Zone (as long as you don't rage at the unfairness).

Having said that, the multiplayer component of Survival and the Dark Zone and the matchmaking required for the incursions and the Underground are 50% of the game so choose wisely.

I would say £20 or so is good value for that you would get if you don't play multiplayer but it's a tough call.

Top Bottom