• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

fr0st

Banned
They'll know if the patch is ready to be deployed on Monday.

Note they're not 100% certain if it's ready by then.

Also the store reset will happen no matter what and they can't do anything about it.

E-flux

Survival is really good, the atmosphere is really cool and the pvp encounters that happen are probably the best division has to offer since there's no min maxing or ridiculous armor values.

Survival is really good, the atmosphere is really cool and the pvp encounters that happen are probably the best division has to offer since there's no min maxing or ridiculous armor values.

That's a good point. The gear you have is the gear you looted and it's never too extreme in the first 30 minutes.

The worst you get is running into what you think is a lone agent but they actually have a friend in the area. More fool you if that's the case though.

E-flux

That's a good point. The gear you have is the gear you looted and it's never too extreme in the first 30 minutes.

The worst you get is running into what you think is a lone agent but they actually have a friend in the area. More fool you if that's the case though.

Our last game was almost too intense, in the beginning we went to check out the chopper wreckage since none of us had an idea what it did, we get there and shortly after disposing one angry russian dude we get pinned down by two groups coming from the opposite sides, my friend throws a flame grenade between us and we barely managed to get away while those groups turned fire on each other instead of us.

Few moments later we are all freezing to death and see a store ahead of us, get inside and notice that there is another group of 3 looting the place, a long ass firefight happens and again, we barely survive but this time we managed to defeat them instead of running away. We ended up dying at the final extraction zone since we didn't know that elite mobs would pop up along side with the last 4 survivors of the game. The whole way through was super fun, i might pop in a pve server just to see what happens when i survive though, i can't see that happening any time soon on a pvp server.

Just bought this on Steam and while trying to log in I keep getting a message that the 'Division servers are unavailable at this time'

Great.

I had my first abject failure in Survival. I died like a bitch in a diner hiding behind the till to an Elite Riker Heavy after like 5 minutes. I ended up at something like 19415/20000 for the weekly, too.

Protip: if your equipment is crap and you see an enemy with a flashlight run away and keep running. He saw me outside and then fired where I was so I just looted the diner thinking, "What a dumbass!" Then he came in, trapped me and threw a nade at my sorry ass, and my starting pistol didn't do shit to him.

Also, if you want a higher score, use food/water before you extract. I noticed that those are 500 points each when at 100% and you get like 20 points or something per food/water you have left over at the end.

Ted

Played a little survival last night on the XB1. Looks like a really fun game mode, excited for the release on PS4 and it will definitely get me to play again.

I haven't kept up with the news so I expected the PvE version to just be your team on the whole map and was genuinely surprised when we saw other agents! Felt like a bit of a git looting an unconscious player from another team but hey ho, medkits are precious...

If it was Massive's intent on turning The Division into a generic cover-based shooter they are closer than ever to that vision becoming a reality with the 1.5 update and I'm not comfortable with that regarding my interests in the game.

Electronics/Skill Power and skills in general have taken more than a backseat in the game and are essentially useless whether basing a build around them or trying to balance/offset a build with those characteristics.

Going the tank build route will prove fruitless as you won't be able to offset the lack of fire power through Firearms or Skill Power thus making TTK long and ultimately extremely boring.

So, Massive have yet again forced you down a path of simply balancing the Firearms and Stamina main stats in the game with the only recalibration and mod importance being Firearms/Stamina and Armor which makes for what feels like a more and more increasingly generic TPS.

What the hell happened to "make no mistake we are a RPG first and a tactical shooter second?" You can almost completely remove the RPG from the game in it's current iteration.

With that I am currently running a 4-piece Predator (reload, AR + LMG damage, and set bouses) and 2-piece Nomad (health on kill bonus) setup. Main stats are 325K DPS, 470K Toughness, and 95K Skill Power while using a G36 (Deadly, Destructive, and Swift - have to offset that dreadful reload speed) as my main while alternating LMGs.

I believe the base stats for having "fun," well for me anyways, would be around 260K DPS and 450K Toughness.

It really feels like they have simply removed the RPG nature of the game from the forefront, removed an enemy level while making the current iteration overly aggressive, and thrown extra ammo to the player. The famous "do-good-by-the-player" 1.4 update was nothing more than an open-beta for what was to come.

Call me crazy but I enjoyed the 1.3 version of the game more so than this version. I would have been more than happy with just removing the level 35 enemies, tweaking gear sets a bit, keeping the RPG first nature of it, and adding a significant content update to the main portion of the game rather than a disjointed side project.

Spades

I haven't played much since launch month - apart from a few hours when the underground came out.

What gun(s) and/or gear do I need to get so I can get stuck into the new DLC and how do I go about getting them?

I think I'm around 190 gear score from memory at the moment, but my guns felt pretty meh. I'll check when I login - just downloading the DLC/update now.

Any help appreciated.

Lima

I haven't played much since launch month - apart from a few hours when the underground came out.

What gun(s) and/or gear do I need to get so I can get stuck into the new DLC and how do I go about getting them?

I think I'm around 190 gear score from memory at the moment, but my guns felt pretty meh. I'll check when I login - just downloading the DLC/update now.

Any help appreciated.

You don't need anything. The base game is still the same shit anyway. Just play survival. No gear needed just level 30.

Vic_Viper

How is the state of the game currently on PC? Thinking about picking up the game and season pass since it's on sale on Steam but worried people aren't playing it much these days. Is there a good endgame now?

moojito

So annoyed that I paid £10 for the survival dlc then like 2 days later the season pass is on sale for 12. I don't have underground, but I'm that annoyed I won't be picking it up for its £6 sale price because of this (and probably regretting it once the sale ends).

How is the state of the game currently on PC? Thinking about picking up the game and season pass since it's on sale on Steam but worried people aren't playing it much these days. Is there a good endgame now?

I can find players for Challenging Lexington and whatever the Daily Challenging mission is (there are only six rotating Challenging missions). Outside of Lexington and the Daily it's a ghost town in regards to story missions.

Regarding Incursions, I can find players for Clear Sky (there are 3 Incursions in total) and that's about it.

Underground Operations are rather inconsistent/frustrating regarding matchmaking.

The new Survival mode should be quite popular right now I would imagine but there were long waits in trying to get in an instance in the PTS, not sure if this is still a thing but I did see similar reports upon release.

I'm not sure what the player base is regarding the Dark Zone as I generally go solo the little bit of time I spend in that game mode.

Edit: Speaking of Incursions, how did Massive get away with not releasing a new Incursion with Survival? Survival mechanics with blizzard type conditions for an Incursion setting sounds fun. With a new Incursion of some sort with 1.5/Survival I would be much more content/somewhat satisfied.

Lima

Survival queues are indeed a bit on the long side but that's due to the matchmaking actually working quite good. So if you are queuing with a group the game takes a long time to fill the server with groups of the same size.

Solo queuing is generally faster and I've not run into groups yet.

I believe the base stats for having "fun," well for me anyways, would be around 260K DPS and 450K Toughness.
For what it's worth, I was having a blast when I first moved up from WT4, which probably would have had me at 30k less on DPS and 100k less on Toughness?

With my assault rifle (LVOA-C) I'm at 280k/455k/115k with only high end-gear (no gear sets)
With my sniper, I'm at 547k/455k/115k (really need to roll Brutal on it)
I've got a good LMG that's more in the 240k range too.

Absolutely in love with the build. It's just a bunch of high-ends - on top of the stats above, I get:
+10% armor while in cover (putting me over 500k toughness);
+7% crit chance to targets out of cover;
+10% damage after taking a medkit;
+ damage taken when running cover to cover regenerates
+ rewards from accolades tripled (woo proficiency caches)
(and the specialized backpack, hence my skillpower being over 100k)

Really want those named gloves and chest.

I also have performance mods that increase my pulse to last 20% longer/it last longer when I make headshots (talent), so in basically every fight, my pulse is up the whole time.

For what it's worth, I was having a blast when I first moved up from WT4, which probably would have had me at 30k less on DPS and 100k less on Toughness?

With my assault rifle (LVOA-C) I'm at 280k/455k/115k with only high end-gear (no gear sets)
With my sniper, I'm at 547k/455k/115k (really need to roll Brutal on it)
I've got a good LMG that's more in the 240k range too.

Absolutely in love with the build. It's just a bunch of high-ends - on top of the stats above, I get:
+10% armor while in cover (putting me over 500k toughness);
+7% crit chance to targets out of cover;
+10% damage after taking a medkit;
+ damage taken when running cover to cover regenerates
+ rewards from accolades tripled (woo proficiency caches)
(and the specialized backpack, hence my skillpower being over 100k)

Really want those named gloves and chest.

I also have performance mods that increase my pulse to last 20% longer/it last longer when I make headshots (talent), so in basically every fight, my pulse is up the whole time.

Just got a backpack with the Specialized talent this morning, oddly enough when equipped my Skill Power is also at 115K with a 325K DPS and a 460K Toughness rating. I haven't been able to play enough with that setup to determine if the extra 20K Skill Power is worth it considering I'm losing a set bonus. With the way Electronics/Skill Power has been treated I'm guessing it won't be.

I need to get some of those unique named High-ends pronto.

Just got a backpack with the Specialized talent this morning, oddly enough when equipped my Skill Power is also at 115K with a 325K DPS and a 460K Toughness rating. I haven't been able to play enough with that setup to determine if the extra 20K Skill Power is worth it considering I'm losing a set bonus. With the way Electronics/Skill Power has been treated I'm guessing it won't be.

I need to get some of those unique named High-ends pronto.
Damn, I feel like my gear is pretty close to optimized rolls on armour/stamina or firearms (only have it rolled on one item) and, ignoring the sniper rifle I have, I just can't get my DPS that high without sacrificing toughness to below 450k. I'm running all level 34 Firearms mods. Must be that the gear set you're running is boosting your main's stats? Maybe the GS still is a better build than all HEs? That said, I still don't have the two best named HE (the Barrett chest and the Skulls gloves), so reserving judgment.

But yeah, I feel like your build must feel godly? I feel like I rarely pop a medkit and almost never get downed, and imagining an extra 40k DPS with similar toughness and skill power seems like I could just run around melting everything in sight.

I just got that crazy sniper rifle 547k DPS. Can't wait to give it a try after work (and to farm phoenix credits to roll of deadly and get brutal instead).

Grisby

Logged in this morning for the first time in forever, and damn, I forgot how tight the shooting is. Did a daily mission and then some dark zone for the fun of it.

My gear score is apparently around the 140's, so I can't put the world into tier 2 mode yet. What score do I need for the incursions (not seeing the level?) and which one would you guys recommend I try first?

A lot of this new stuff, down to the High Value Targets (which I also plan to try) seem pretty cool.

Heartbreak is...

Crafting both virus filters, the flare gun, the extra medkit pouch, having a pulse, a first aid, 3 medkits, clothes warm enough to not be affected by the cold and enough crafting materials to make the HE M44 (with mods to boot) as well as an Assault rifle...

Making it to the extraction no problem...having the hunter in your sights and pressing the trigger...only to discover...

You ACCIDENTALLY CRAFTED A SHOTGUN INSTEAD OF THE M44 (GAHHHHH).

Two runs in a row I died at the helicopter. Once killing the hunter but dying to one another player spawned in. Sigh.

Lanrutcon

Damn, I feel like my gear is pretty close to optimized rolls on armour/stamina or firearms (only have it rolled on one item) and, ignoring the sniper rifle I have, I just can't get my DPS that high without sacrificing toughness to below 450k. I'm running all level 34 Firearms mods. Must be that the gear set you're running is boosting your main's stats? Maybe the GS still is a better build than all HEs? That said, I still don't have the two best named HE (the Barrett chest and the Skulls gloves), so reserving judgment.

But yeah, I feel like your build must feel godly? I feel like I rarely pop a medkit and almost never get downed, and imagining an extra 40k DPS with similar toughness and skill power seems like I could just run around melting everything in sight.

I just got that crazy sniper rifle 547k DPS. Can't wait to give it a try after work (and to farm phoenix credits to roll of deadly and get brutal instead).

It's commonly accepted that the dps stat doesn't mean much. It makes several assumptions and the calculation itself is questionable. I wouldn't make gear choices based on that stat.

It's commonly accepted that the dps stat doesn't mean much. It makes several assumptions and the calculation itself is questionable. I wouldn't make gear choices based on that stat.
Generally I agree and always go based on how it feels in game first and foremost, but a 14% increase in DPS while using the same class of gun and not sacrificing toughness is at the very least something I'd like to keep an eye on loot for to investigate further. Unless of course his G36 has that talent on it that artificially inflates DPS when no skills are on cooldown...

The DPS calculations seem better than they used to be (though you always have to keep tabs on potential bonuses for sure). But they used to inflate so wildly with accuracy/boosted so much with skill power builds on Smart Cover/Pulse that they were almost entirely useless.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Is there going to be a second expansion/season pass once the current set of three is finished? In other words, is there going to be a second season or will "The Last Stand" expansion be the end? Thanks.

Mullah88

why are some of my weapon mods red

and can't be skinned into another color

literally unplayable

mods come in different colors like red, tan, green, gray, black

too bad you have to sacrifice alot to get the crit hit chance on assault rifles high enough to be worthwhile. one reason i still use the mp5 more than the lvoa-c, you'll also need to add at least two mods with +12% stability on them to control the gun which takes away from adding hs dmg or crit chance

Ted

How about how long can an incursion last? Should finally be able to move to tier world 2 and finally try one.

I haven't done Dragon's Nest so can't comment on that but the other two are highly variable based on the squad if you are matchmaking in.

On PS4 Clear Skies right now on world tier 2 is definitely the quickest as people are grinding it for phoenix credits (100 phxc per run, plus a bunch of 182 that can be sold for half decent regular credits). It can be done in 10-20 minutes depending on the squad. It's more fun, in my opinion at least, than Falcon Lost as well. Falcon Lost can also take a lot longer with an inexperienced squad. I haven't done FL since a couple of updates ago but I believe it now has check points so that should make it easy to avoid a really time consuming wipe.

mods come in different colors like red, tan, green, gray, black

too bad you have to sacrifice alot to get the crit hit chance on assault rifles high enough to be worthwhile. one reason i still use the mp5 more than the lvoa-c, you'll also need to add at least two mods with +12% stability on them to control the gun which takes away from adding hs dmg or crit chance

My Navy MP5 is at 32% CHC with 117% CHD. Needless to say it melts everything.

Deku Tree

Is survivor the main activity in this DLC? Wasn't the fall DLC originally supposed to be on PS4 at the same time? Is there more DLC planned after this one? Thanks!

Tawpgun

On one hand, it's disappointing these dlc's are just game modes. At least the destiny expansions gave us some more story.

But survival is incredible. I wish more people used prox chat in it. I finally beat it just now. It definitely helps to play very cautiously when alone. At points I was moving cover to cover and waiting for patrols to go away, especially in the dz.

I can't recommend crafting clothing enough. It's so much easier when you don't have to worry about the cold.

kvk1

survival seems like a perfect "casual" introduction to the battle royale type of gameplay

if the devs stay on top of things it's going to be a great mode to reel people back into the game and/or keep them longer

Mullah88

My Navy MP5 is at 32% CHC with 117% CHD. Needless to say it melts everything.

yup even with lower damage output with savage gloves (spec'd to smg) and reckless chest it doesnt really matter as long as your crit hit chance and damage are high you'll be wrecking with that gun.

have an alphabridge comno with (not sure will double check when i get back and update) deadly/brutal/fierce/competent/prepared/responsive....it sucks having to look for the exact same build in 256 gear. probably hold on to 229 weapons if 256 does not increase the value you gain from the talents being unlocked

it also seems like toughness doesnt really matter anymore. damage mitigation at 59.8 and 340 toughness. i can get it to 450 toughness but it doesnt matter! it seems like it gets shredded like i only have 250 toughness. electronic/skill power and skills have been nerfed so bad that trying to run a skill/toughness build isnt really worth it anymore. being able to tank bullets but roll around and heal teammates in a battle was so much fun in 1.3 (dz pvp). now because of the delay in self heals or healing in general, its becoming a headache to survive when 3 players are focused in on you

Kadin

Haven't played the game in a few months but I'm obviously behind a bit in gear. Game just updated and I'll be logging on in a bit, how does one start with this new survival mode and anything I should know?

edit: last time I played, Sentry was the go-to gear set along with some Striker (for me at least).

Is Division expected to get more content after The Last Stand? Or is that it?

No idea, they haven't talked about it yet. But I suspect there will be more content. I don't think we'll see TD2 anytime soon. The game sold well and the player base has grown since 1.4 and survival.

Grisby

Matchmaking for underground takes a while, and then it seems like only one dude joins. It's a neat idea though, and the visuals, for being underground, are pretty good.

Moved up to about 170 something GS, and went rogue a few times with a group in the DZ, which is something i never really did at the time of release. Hopefully they can expand on the DZ in the sequel, as it would be cool to have some co-op mission type stuff (or any missions really) in there.
I haven't done Dragon's Nest so can't comment on that but the other two are highly variable based on the squad if you are matchmaking in.

On PS4 Clear Skies right now on world tier 2 is definitely the quickest as people are grinding it for phoenix credits (100 phxc per run, plus a bunch of 182 that can be sold for half decent regular credits). It can be done in 10-20 minutes depending on the squad. It's more fun, in my opinion at least, than Falcon Lost as well. Falcon Lost can also take a lot longer with an inexperienced squad. I haven't done FL since a couple of updates ago but I believe it now has check points so that should make it easy to avoid a really time consuming wipe.
Nice. Thanks. I thought i remembered some people saying it was taking hours when it was first released.

Of course, like you said, it depends on the squad though.

Heartbreak is...

Crafting both virus filters, the flare gun, the extra medkit pouch, having a pulse, a first aid, 3 medkits, clothes warm enough to not be affected by the cold and enough crafting materials to make the HE M44 (with mods to boot) as well as an Assault rifle...

Making it to the extraction no problem...having the hunter in your sights and pressing the trigger...only to discover...

You ACCIDENTALLY CRAFTED A SHOTGUN INSTEAD OF THE M44 (GAHHHHH).

Two runs in a row I died at the helicopter. Once killing the hunter but dying to one another player spawned in. Sigh.

You high!
Haha!

Tawpgun

kinda wish more players survived the initial phase of survival. The one survival I won I saw no players. Other times im gunned down outside the safe house, which I never understood. If you get in a firefight within the first 2-3 minutes of the game you're just shooting yourself in the foot.

Cool you killed me but now you're low health, used up your med kit and your reward..... 1 green fabric. Gg

Lanrutcon

kinda wish more players survived the initial phase of survival. The one survival I won I saw no players. Other times im gunned down outside the safe house, which I never understood. If you get in a firefight within the first 2-3 minutes of the game you're just shooting yourself in the foot.

Cool you killed me but now you're low health, used up your med kit and your reward..... 1 green fabric. Gg

Yeah, saw a few streamers running surival in teams and they open fire on other people the moment they see them...within the first minute of the game. What's the point of a 2 minute pistol battle for like, no rewards?

Lima

Yeah, saw a few streamers running surival in teams and they open fire on other people the moment they see them...within the first minute of the game. What's the point of a 2 minute pistol battle for like, no rewards?

So you stop the other players from looting landmarks and shit? I mean what kind of question is that. Should I let you loot a landmark and get guns and shit and then get killed by you because you looted a place I was after and now I have no guns to defend myself. If they could do one thing to improve it it's to up the player count to at least 48 so the battle royal character of the game is even more pronounced. I want fights.

Also it's pvp. It's fun. I mean if you wanna be a pussy then just play the PvE version.

Lanrutcon

So you stop the other players from looting landmarks and shit? I mean what kind of question is that. Should I let you loot a landmark and get guns and shit and then get killed by you because you looted a place I was after and now I have no guns to defend myself. If they could do one thing to improve it it's to up the player count to at least 48 so the battle royal character of the game is even more pronounced. I want fights.

Also it's pvp. It's fun. I mean if you wanna be a pussy then just play the PvE version.

The obvious question? Risking death for no rewards is stupid. The calculated gank is where it's at.

And if you weren't a pussy you'd be in the DZ, not in survival. Let's be honest here.

Top Bottom