• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

red731

Just bought the SP.

If are on uplay and have 100 uplay credits or whatever it's called you can exchange that for 20% off of anything.

SP 50% sale + 20% for around 15eur in total was hard to pass.

Lima

The obvious question? Risking death for no rewards is stupid. The calculated gank is where it's at.

And if you weren't a pussy you'd be in the DZ, not in survival. Let's be honest here.

No one is in the DZ anymore. Why would you be? Survival is out.

The point of the mode is everyone for themselves. If you see someone in PvP mode open fire because otherwise they will take you out. Letting them run if they don't notice you is not really a good option either as they can take loot you need or beat you to the DZ or extract first. I really don't think this concept is hard to understand.

Bought the base game for $9.99 on Amazon and got the season pass for $19 on Uplay. I feel like I made out pretty good. Can't wait to start this tonight after work.

$30 for everything isn't so bad.

On PC, by the way.

Bought the base game for $9.99 on Amazon and got the season pass for $19 on Uplay. I feel like I made out pretty good. Can't wait to start this tonight after work.

$30 for everything isn't so bad.

On PC, by the way.

Why are season passes so consistently expensive? It makes no sense to me.

Is that true? Sticky bomb is meta again? :(

I'm not sure how potent a high Skill Power Sticky Bomb build can be in the game's current state in PvP but for PvE and for my use both Pulse and Flashbang can be useful no matter the Skill Power as simply an awareness tool for enemy location and a crowd control tool.

I've been running 4 different builds all featuring 300K+ DPS, 500K+ Toughness, and 90K Skill Power...

4 Predator + 2 Nomad
4 Alpha + 2 Nomad
3 Predator + 3 Striker
2 Predator + 2 Striker + 2 Nomad

...with Pulse and First Aid while destroying any and everything in my path. As I said before the game is way more of a shooter first and RPG second in it's current iteration but it's still very fun, I'm just starved for some new PvE content to, you know, use the new gear/weapons/builds on. The Survival/1.5 update should have at least included a new Incursion with some Survival mechanics (medicine, extreme weather, etc) to satiate that PvE thirst.

I asked that because I already heard from more than one person that in 1.5 1 hit kill with sticky bomb in PvP was possible again... I hope that's not the case.

Speaking of PvP, now that they have done a separate disjointed mode from the rest of the game with new mechanics introduced they should be able to add a dedicated PvP mode with objective gametypes.

With a big map, something like a 16v16 battle to a centralized location within the city where you have to build, fortify, and defend to win. Fight NPCs to gather materials/open caches (weapons/gear/crafting) along the way to the center where it would then be a dedicated PvP only zone.

Archpath1

sticky is pretty strong , can either one shot or atleast 90% health gone.
was at 230skill, then other bonuses can get me at 300+
this is just low side of skill power, didn't want to go full squishy.
heard one guy had 600k, was dropping everyone.

sticky is pretty strong , can either one shot or atleast 90% health gone.
was at 230skill, then other bonuses can get me at 300+
this is just low side of skill power, didn't want to go full squishy.
heard one guy had 600k, was dropping everyone.

Well that really sucks. If the DZ becomes a sticky bomb fest again I'll finally drop this game. They know how this stuff works to make the same mistake again.

Yes but when the game is down to 20$, whos still paying for the dlc? Isnt the reason the game is down to 20$ precisely because no one is buying it?

What are you even talking about? I literally have no idea what point you're trying to get across.

Base game was $9 on a sale on Amazon. I got all of the DLC for $19 on a sale on Uplay. I got a good deal.

What are you even talking about? I literally have no idea what point you're trying to get across.

Base game was $9 on a sale on Amazon. I got all of the DLC for $19 on a sale on Uplay. I got a good deal.

My point is some games drop below 30$ while their season passes are still over 50$, like battlefront. It makes no sense.

My point is some games drop below 30$ while their season passes are still over 50$, like battlefront. It makes no sense.

Oh, yea. I agree with that for sure. It's a silly practice. The only reason I even bought the season pass was because it was on sale so much. I didn't evdn plan on it until I saw the sale.

But the game wasn't that cheap on Uplay, I got it on Amazon for like 60% off. It's still $50 without the sale. So normally the base game wouldn't be cheaper.

yeah seems like its back. ill probably have a nomad solo build for it or tactician

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBsRxb8x7DM

Tom Clancy’s The Division- The one-shot sticky bomb meta is back and it's worse than ever. Rather than try to promote this build (which in my view, is pretty damn lame) I'm interested in helping you counter it with a few tips that should make your time in the DZ a little safer.
Oh for fucks sake Massive. Fuck you. Fuck you right in the ass you fucking idiots. Congrats on marring your game once again.

Mullah88

in tears right now deconstructing and selling everything. my beautiful min/maxed banshee set :(, my glorious MP5 and LVOA-C you shall be missed

Played 3 games of survival. Died in the first minute on a PvP team. Died to an NPC at 7 minutes. Finally made it an hour, but I couldn't find tools or weapon parts to save my life. I did get ping and it helped me choose my battles. Died to an NPC after an hour because I was not about to go out to a super bug. Now I'm back to lvl 13 and doing side missions in the normal game.

BTW there was also a small PC patch and it completely fixed the poor performance and random stuttering from 1.5 for me, and fullscreen is back to being proper fullscreen and not fake windowed fullscreen.

Managed to get some new AB and Nomad gear items and the Famas, so far so good. 300/315/100 ... lots of room for improvement obviously, I just started. :p

1.5 PS4 day, yay! Unfortunately ubisoft don't share my enthusiasm and I am getting delta errors on all my characters. Have rebooted and power cycled the console and modem multiple times too :(

Lanrutcon

1.5 PS4 day, yay! Unfortunately ubisoft don't share my enthusiasm and I am getting delta errors on all my characters. Have rebooted and power cycled the console and modem multiple times too :(

Was the same on PC. It's not you, it's not your hardware. Just gotta ride it out till they hotfix the issue like they (only recently) did for the PC.

rulerk1

I just got this game and its fun. Psn is rulerk1 feel free to send an invite if you see me playing. Does this game have matchmaking for coop missions?

red731

I swear that after installing new AMD drivers 16.11.5, the game got smooth as hell on my settings on 7970 GHz.

I was rolling at 85% res from 1080p but now I maintain 100% and near always 60fps.

I just got this game and its fun. Psn is rulerk1 feel free to send an invite if you see me playing. Does this game have matchmaking for coop missions?

Matchmaking for everything!

Effect

Only been playing the game a little bit this weekend after having originally played during the beta but liking what I'm seeing from the Survival mode. Not even deep into the single player and I think I might just but that sooner rather then later.

Do you make an entirely new character for the Survival mode or bring the one you're using in the main game into it?

Top Bottom