• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Only reason I can think of is you're running some kind of glass cannon build and getting finished off immediately after getting dropped. Maybe you're getting "overkilled".

Or is there a cat sitting on your space bar?

Lol I thought so too but my friend who doesn't go down instantly has nearly the exact same toughness and defensive stats as me (155k thoughness ~3.5k stam) and he doesn't go into a death state instantly.

I'm talking everything puts me in a death state instantly, never downed I don't mean a huge chance to go into the death state over downed, I mean I literally haven't been able to be in the downed state since hitting 30.

Burn damage
Body shots
Melee hits
Grenades

Not just headshots, it's annoying in the normal world but it makes the dark zone super rough.

Yeah more or less exactly like it was before I left the game last time :D

Cant you change bracket?

For the DZ? I don't think you can choose your DZ bracket. Which is really annoying because I'm running around in world tier 2, but the DZ is putting me in the equivalent of world tier 4.

xclaw

Is the Converted USC BP worth it? Seems to have more dmg than my mp7 crafting.... but how it is for usability?

Tecnniqe

Banned
When you ninja someones ride out of survival
hiTTzKQ.png

JCtheMC

Is the season pass on PS4 for this game region locked? i'm looking for a nice deal on the season pass to go with Dutch (EU?) copy of the game.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Is the season pass on PS4 for this game region locked? i'm looking for a nice deal on the season pass to go with Dutch (EU?) copy of the game.

To my knowledge EU DLC and EU games fit but EU DLC and NA games don't.

Both game and DLC needs to be from the same region in order to work due to different codes or something weird.

Cause Sony.

(I noticed this when I bought EU DLC pack for Destiny with my NA game copy cause I was logged into EU and not NA account, and they refused to refund it as well, based Sony.)

JCtheMC

To my knowledge EU DLC and EU games fit but EU DLC and NA games don't.

Both game and DLC needs to be from the same region in order to work due to different codes or something weird.

Cause Sony.

(I noticed this when I bought EU DLC pack for Destiny with my NA game copy cause I was logged into EU and not NA account, and they refused to refund it as well, based Sony.)

Does the UK fall under the EU in this case, or is it a separate region?

Tecnniqe

Banned
Does the UK fall under the EU in this case, or is it a separate region?

Doing some googling I found no definitive answer outside a PS3 blog 'from' Sony;

These are the codes you will find on a game disc and on the bottom of the spine of the game cover

BLES (Europe and Australia / New Zealand)

BLUS (North America, including Canada)

BLAS (Asia)

These are the region numbers, found on the back of the game cover in the bottom right corner

Region 1- USA, Canada

Region 2- UK and European Countries, Japan falls under here apparently

Region 3- Asia

Region 4- Australia, New Zealand

When purchasing a game with a code OTHER than Australia / New Zealand, the code WILL NOT work when redeemed from the Australia / New Zealand Playstation Store

Any Game add-ons (DLC) purchased from the Australia / New Zealand Playstation Store, WILL NOT work with games from a region OTHER than Australia / New Zealand

http://community.eu.playstation.com...-PS3-game-regions-codes-and-DLC/td-p/19920601

So really, I have no idea, UK is a weird one and could go either way. However, see if your copy (BLES-1234 or whatever) have the same number as the DLC (BLES-1234) if its available.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Started playing yesterday on PS4. This is really good so far. Are there clans? A GAF one?

And I had heard that pre 1.4 crafting was not worth it til the end, is that still true? Or can I craft as I go? Seems easier/cheaper than buying from vendors.

Started playing yesterday on PS4. This is really good so far. Are there clans? A GAF one?

And I had heard that pre 1.4 crafting was not worth it til the end, is that still true? Or can I craft as I go? Seems easier/cheaper than buying from vendors.

Crafting mats are much, much easier to acquire now but even then it's beneficial to just wait until you are Level 30 and playing in Tier 5.

That said, play/craft when/however you like along the way as different players can want a different experience and there is nothing wrong with that.

Edit: The main reason not to craft now is because you will constantly get higher level drops as you level up towards Level 30.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Crafting mats are much, much easier to acquire now but even then it's beneficial to just wait until you are Level 30 and playing in Tier 5.

That said, play/craft when/however you like along the way as different players can want a different experience and there is nothing wrong with that.

Edit: The main reason not to craft now is because you will constantly get higher level drops as you level up towards Level 30.

Thanks. I guess I was worried that drops won't be plentiful. Didn't know if the game is geared more towards vendors, drops, or crafting. It sounds like drops as I level and then crafting?

So I saw this yesterday...

Gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eT_YOk-_-Bc&t=2s

Build video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cd3SE2xPYPc

...and decided to create my own build based off of it and, oh my, it shreds like no other.

I'm using Barret's chest, a Specialized backpack, 4-piece Alpha (LMG DMG bonus on Gloves) with elite and armor damage bonus where possible.

Using the Pakhan as my main. Weapon talents are Skilled, Commanding, Meticulous, Destructive, Ferocious, and Deadly.

I'm using Deadly rather than Brutal as I refuse to take my Toughness down into the 300s which would be the case if I traded Stamina for Firearms in order to activate the Brutal talent..

Got a god roll on Savage gloves... but no Specialized backpack to be seen. FML :(

Where do I have more chances to get it? Also, no AB Holster...

Decided to get back into the game after putting it aside for months. Played a few nights leveling up a new character, going for collectables, now 3 days later my game is a CONSTANT CE-34878-0 error on the connecting screen after boot up. What's weird, is that the first time this happened, 3 resets later I manage to get in. Then on the next fresh boot up, I get the error again but on the 12 or so I try I get in again and play for hours.

Now it won't work at all and the error actually comes faster than it did before.

I've done 2 fresh delete/installations and a rebuild database and nothing is working. I was so close to buying the season pass for a game I can now no longer even fucking boot up.

Has anyone heard of this issue?

Google just gives me vanilla results, alot dating back to the damn betas. It's infuriating.

Those first 2 flawless days where pre 1.5 update on ps4. Could the patch have corrupted something? I'm having trouble finding others like me.

Decided to get back into the game after putting it aside for months. Played a few nights leveling up a new character, going for collectables, now 3 days later my game is a CONSTANT CE-34878-0 error on the connecting screen after boot up. What's weird, is that the first time this happened, 3 resets later I manage to get in. Then on the next fresh boot up, I get the error again but on the 12 or so I try I get in again and play for hours.

Now it won't work at all and the error actually comes faster than it did before.

I've done 2 fresh delete/installations and a rebuild database and nothing is working. I was so close to buying the season pass for a game I can now no longer even fucking boot up.

Has anyone heard if this issue?

Unfortunately there's a lot of people having exactly this issue. Nothing helps. :/

Look at reddit's the division sub.

I'm glad I haven't had any issues on PS4 since 1.4 at all. No errors, no disconnects, no stutter, no lag, nothing.

I've never had this issue before. Also, I played the game on the previous 3 days just fine.

Kinda similar experience with this one, but different error place & code, I guess.

Has anyone heard of this issue?

Google just gives me vanilla results, alot dating back to the damn betas. It's infuriating.

Those first 2 flawless days where pre 1.5 update on ps4. Could the patch have corrupted something? I'm having trouble finding others like me.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Incursions on WT5 on challenging are giving me and my friends a real tough time.

We did clear sky last night and we just couldn't get past the columbus circle segment.

Between the endless enemy respawns, the 4 boss elites, the mortar fire and the auto turret from the chopper we were never able to get the fuses moved to their location. We killed enemies for 40 minutes straight and they would not stop spawning so we figured we would try to just move the fuses but we couldn't even make it half way to their drop off point without getting obliterated by the turret and mortar fire.

Lanrutcon

Incursions on WT5 on challenging are giving me and my friends a real tough time.

We did clear sky last night and we just couldn't get past the columbus circle segment.

Between the endless enemy respawns, the 4 boss elites, the mortar fire and the auto turret from the chopper we were never able to get the fuses moved to their location. We killed enemies for 40 minutes straight and they would not stop spawning so we figured we would try to just move the fuses but we couldn't even make it half way to their drop off point without getting obliterated by the turret and mortar fire.

Alter your party setup. Get a tank to draw fire, get a medic. Abuse links. Have everyone gear for toughness (which is actually the only proper way to gear anyway). The fight isn't about dps.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Alter your party setup. Get a tank to draw fire, get a medic. Abuse links. Have everyone gear for toughness (which is actually the only proper way to gear anyway). The fight isn't about dps.

Well we can last for a really long time without issue, we each had about 300k toughness and 6k stam.
We had one with the defense link and two running the health link.

We basically had two medics and a tank with his shield constantly up. The issue we had was that we couldn't reduce their numbers to a point where it was feasible to even go for the fuses.

Party was basically:
Tank with defense link + heart pulse + kinetic shield
Healer with auto revival support station + health link + flame turret
Healer with revival healing gun + health link + auto revival support station.

We all had LMGs and snipers.

Lanrutcon

Well we can last for a really long time without issue, we each had about 300k toughness and 6k stam.
We had one with the defense link and two running the health link.

We basically had two medics and a tank with his shield constantly up. The issue we had was that we couldn't reduce their numbers to a point where it was feasible to even go for the fuses.

Party was basically:
Tank with defense link + heart pulse + kinetic shield
Healer with auto revival support station + health link + flame turret
Healer with revival healing gun + health link + auto revival support station.

We all had LMGs and snipers.

Weird choice of weapons :p current meta favors ARs like mad. Why 300k toughness as a breakpoint, btw? I'm running 420k and I still get shredded if a play like a moron. Your setup seems fine, if a bit unoptimised. Guess it comes down to teamwork.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Weird choice of weapons :p current meta favors ARs like mad. Why 300k toughness as a breakpoint, btw? I'm running 420k and I still get shredded if a play like a moron. Your setup seems fine, if a bit unoptimised. Guess it comes down to teamwork.

Lol well we just hit max level on like friday or so so our set up is basically what we can pull together that has any level of synergy :p

I guess this is a gear thing then lol, we are all using the same LMG because it was a 256 with meticulous that showed up in the store haha.

Lanrutcon

Lol well we just hit max level on like friday or so so our set up is basically what we can pull together that has any level of synergy :p

I guess this is a gear thing then lol, we are all using the same LMG because it was a 256 with meticulous that showed up in the store haha.

Ah! Optimise your setups :) it makes a huge difference. In time you'll get great rolls on the bits you need and then the world is your mollusc. Reddit is a great source for builds if people want some cool ideas.

ezekial45

Banned
Just got back into the game. While I'm enjoying it, I'm getting my ass kicked pretty often. I'm at lvl 25 and mostly playing solo, so it's very challenging making it through the various missions.

What's the best way to get new weapons and armor? I thought the dark zone would be great, but purple lvl 25-26 enemies in there are messing me up. I have about 50k in credits, but I heard that buying gear isn't a good idea now. Should I just keep at it with the side-missions and missions?

Also, should I try Underground DLC? I have it available, but I haven't gotten around to dl'ing it yet. Would that be good to do? Or should I hold off till I hit lvl 30?

fr0st

Banned
Just got back into the game. While I'm enjoying it, I'm getting my ass kicked pretty often. I'm at lvl 25 and mostly playing solo, so it's very challenging making it through the various missions.

What's the best way to get new weapons and armor? I thought the dark zone would be great, but purple lvl 25-26 enemies in there are messing me up. I have about 50k in credits, but I heard that buying gear isn't a good idea now. Should I just keep at it with the side-missions and missions?

Also, should I try Underground DLC? I have it available, but I haven't gotten around to dl'ing it yet. Would that be good to do? Or should I hold off till I hit lvl 30?
Underground is only for lvl 30 I think

Samikaze

Decided to get back in after months off. Really enjoying Massive's changes to loot and enemy balancing.

One question though: Is the 4 piece Path of the Nomad talent still bugged and not working?
I found a GS229 vest with great stats, but I'm hesitant to search for the other 3 pieces if that bug is still in effect.

GazzaGSi

Decided to get back in after months off. Really enjoying Massive's changes to loot and enemy balancing.

One question though: Is the 4 piece Path of the Nomad talent still bugged and not working?
I found a GS229 vest with great stats, but I'm hesitant to search for the other 3 pieces if that bug is still in effect.

Nomad works fine now, I believe it was the scavenging set piece bonus that used to be bugged, they never fixed that they just deleted scavenging from the game completely instead :p

Nomad was reworked to:
2 piece - 15% health on kill
3 piece - Administers a constant small heal, allowing the user to heal passed the segments of the healthbar.
4 piece - When receiving fatal damage, you are instead healed to full health. Can occur once every 4 minutes

Mullah88

Lol so the barrett chest when 2 skills are used, you get a toughness and on the move toughness which takes me up to 750k....thought I was the shit till I got this pic from a group member

PS_Messages_20161206_003017_zps7zt2tj2o.jpg

Left the game since May, I think I'm getting the hang of the updated loot & gear system now. I have now 400k toughness with 50% damage mitigation. I think that's enough for now so I can change my focus on the firearms/DPS stats. My SCAR-L assault rifle is still crappy with meh talents as well. I still have a long way to go, I guess.

Questions about the Underground expansion. I like the sound of endless, randomly generated dungeon, but does it got stale after a while? Is it worth doing compared to repeating hard/challenging/incursion missions? Also, is it popular enough so I won't have difficulties finding people to group up?

I was running a nice 4 Predator/2 Nomad with a lightweight M4 and I was loving it.

I got a ton of D3-FNC pieces and I'm running a shield build now and it's so fun in a group, I really want the Barret vest, but the Reckless chest and resourceful backpack is fun.

Changed the way I play the game completely, got me thinking about other builds now.

BLCKATK

This past weekend I really got an itch to play so I spent some time gearing up. I had a blast. Just hit 256 with a bunch of random high-end pieces, nothing is really optimized yet.

I really want to run the D3-FNC gear set, but I'm having trouble finding pieces of it to drop. Any place I should be looking specifically? I did some HVT events and a bit of Dark Zone today. Matchmaking came in handy (though the DZ was quite a gank zone, more than I remember).

Last question. Do you guys think there will be a deal on the season pass this holiday? I'm on PS4, and I'd like to pick it up since Underground and Survival sound like a lot of fun. Don't want to grab it this early though if there might be a deal to get more people to purchase it.

Lanrutcon

This past weekend I really got an itch to play so I spent some time gearing up. I had a blast. Just hit 256 with a bunch of random high-end pieces, nothing is really optimized yet.

I really want to run the D3-FNC gear set, but I'm having trouble finding pieces of it to drop. Any place I should be looking specifically? I did some HVT events and a bit of Dark Zone today. Matchmaking came in handy (though the DZ was quite a gank zone, more than I remember).

Last question. Do you guys think there will be a deal on the season pass this holiday? I'm on PS4, and I'd like to pick it up since Underground and Survival sound like a lot of fun. Don't want to grab it this early though if there might be a deal to get more people to purchase it.

Quick loot haul is the world bosses. You can ice em all in about 40 minutes, minus the stupid dude with the riot shield. It's a field cache and a minimum of 24 pieces of high end gear. Sell what you don't want, buy normal caches. Open those, sell what you don't want, buy more caches. Repeat until out of money, then use the Phoenix credits you got for 2 caches of your choice from the Phoenix vendor.

For 40 minutes of work, that's pretty damn sweet.

I was running a nice 4 Predator/2 Nomad with a lightweight M4 and I was loving it.

I got a ton of D3-FNC pieces and I'm running a shield build now and it's so fun in a group, I really want the Barret vest, but the Reckless chest and resourceful backpack is fun.

Changed the way I play the game completely, got me thinking about other builds now.

I run the following and love all of them...

4 - Alpha, 2 - Nomad
4 - Alpha, Barret's chest, Specialized backpack
4 - D3-FNC, Barret's chest, Specialized backpack
Barret's chest, Skull gloves, Specialized backpack, Tenacious mask, Accomplished knee pads, and Sturdy holster (all High-end build)

...and finally what may be my new favorite... 4 - LoneStar, Barret's chest and Specialized backpack. I've never really given the shotgun a real chance until now but I am rippin' and tearin' as I play DOOM inside The Division. Using my blinged-out Pakhan and Medved (340% stagger) is glorious. I rush the shotgunners and, well, anything else for that matter.

Edit: I'm probably going to add two pieces of Nomad to the LoneStar build as the Health on Kill bonus goes hand-in-hand with the insane play-style of running and gunning with a shotgun. LMG and Shotgun damage bonuses from set and gloves, enough ammo for a small army, no reload, and the stagger effect is simply amazing and really transforms the game in how different it feels from anything else.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Finally got a full set of D3-FNC, but I only have an AUG, I feel like the pp19 is probably better. Still excited to see how this works out

I have been chaining lexington for gear because it's so fast!

Also I think I got a decent SCAR-L, it's capable, deadly, destructive with 20.1k per round. I haven't heard anyone singing any praises about ARs that aren't the LVOA-C or FAMAS so I dunno how good this is.

Lanrutcon

Finally got a full set of D3-FNC, but I only have an AUG, I feel like the pp19 is probably better. Still excited to see how this works out

I have been chaining lexington for gear because it's so fast!

Also I think I got a decent SCAR-L, it's capable, deadly, destructive with 20.1k per round. I haven't heard anyone singing any praises about ARs that aren't the LVOA-C or FAMAS so I dunno how good this is.

I use a SCAR-L. I prefer its handling. Allows me stack less handling mods on it while still staying accurate.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I use a SCAR-L. I prefer its handling. Allows me stack less handling mods on it while still staying accurate.

Yeah I like it's handling too, allows me to drop that one talent where touching cover gives me god tier handling. I was just wondering if there was something of a hidden stat that made it worse or something lol.

Still on the hunt for a specialized backpack and 3 more alphabridge pieces. Also just wondering, is the recommended way to gear up stamina on all pieces with fire arms mods in all slots? Or a combination?

Lanrutcon

Yeah I like it's handling too, allows me to drop that one talent where touching cover gives me god tier handling. I was just wondering if there was something of a hidden stat that made it worse or something lol.

Still on the hunt for a specialized backpack and 3 more alphabridge pieces. Also just wondering, is the recommended way to gear up stamina on all pieces with fire arms mods in all slots? Or a combination?

Essentially people want ARs with high ROF, clip size and damager per bullet. The rest doesn't matter.

Then again, those are the people that are bloody useless unless they're standing a few feet away from their target.

Top Bottom