• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Not sure how anyone can be fine with the 50% blanket increase in crafting requirements...

If you're not paying any attention to Gear Score and only the allure of gold gold gold, it's pretty exciting :p

After extracting bags and bags of HEs last night, it was only at my stash that I realized the majority did nothing for my GS and had worse stats than my (much lower GS) purples.

I've seen comparisons to Destiny, but I'm kinda thinking that Destiny's post-TTK Light levels are better than this GS nonsense. Light levels actually impacted your damage and armor outputs, right? GS seems to be some arbitrary assignment. It doesn't feel like a higher GS necessarily increases my survivability or damage output, though I could be missing something?

If you're not paying any attention to Gear Score and only the allure of gold gold gold, it's pretty exciting :p

After extracting bags and bags of HEs last night, it was only at my stash that I realized the majority did nothing for my GS and had worse stats than my (much lower GS) purples.

I've seen comparisons to Destiny, but I'm kinda thinking that Destiny's post-TTK Light levels are better than this GS nonsense. Light levels actually impacted your damage and armor outputs, right? GS seems to be some arbitrary assignment. It doesn't feel like a higher GS necessarily increases my survivability or damage output, though I could be missing something?

Lol yep. Never seen so many gear mods.

I was playing the challenging mission yesterday and basically carried the group through. The group leader had a gear score of 180 and thought he was invincible so he kept going after heavies and chargers on his own. This resulted in him dying at least 6 times just in the opening sequence of the Russian Consulate alone, which resulted in a near wipe.

I politely (not exaggerating) told him we should stick close to the group since we could flash bang, heal, and concentrate fire and get them down quicker. He said, "sure." Immediately after the opening sequence you could see this guy running up the stairs and going straight for the next group of enemies all by himself...and then immediately die.
We revive him and continue on without ever saying a word. This continues on throughout the mission all the way up until the end.

We kill the boss and right as I go to pick up my two HE drops from the boss the asshole kicks me from the group. I wasn't even mad because I know karma has something special cooked up for this kid.

I've decided I'm done with the game, but sometime this evening I'm going into the DZ and killing (or attempting to kill) every single person I see. I don't care if they are in a group of 8. I don't care if they have a 200 GS. I don't care if they don't have any gear. I'm shooting everyone.

I know this blood thirst all too well. Embrace it.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Not sure how anyone can be fine with the 50% blanket increase in crafting requirements...
Speaking for myself it's not much of an issue because there's not much TO craft until I get to Dark Zone Level 75 and 90. (I'm currently Lv.37) and I imagine by the time I get there I will have more than enough Crafting material to roll a "good enough" weapon.

There's no point in rerolling Gear Set Blueprints since the bonuses are set in place and the recalibration station using normal Credits makes rerolls a less necessity and that's without even mentioning the abundance of HE items if Crafting wasn't much of your jam to begin with.

fuzzyset

We kill the boss and right as I go to pick up my two HE drops from the boss the asshole kicks me from the group. I wasn't even mad because I know karma has something special cooked up for this kid.

You know about the Open Group Make You Group Leader Thing? Basically, set your group privacy to open. Go reset the CM and walk into the edge of the mission to start it. Matchmaking will fill the group for you, but you'll be group leader so you won't get booted.

Personally speaking? I just don't care about that as much as you do. It's not affected me that much yet anyway. It just means I won't be able to churn out as many items looking for the perfect fit.
My last little sojourn in th DZ was all about having fun for a couple of hours and surviving dodgy encounters anyway. It wasn't really time spent worrying about mats etc.

I mean feel free to try and convert me but you'll have about as much luck as Jehovas Witnesses have in the past. ;)

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Rerolled some gear.
  • 9.50 % Turret Health
  • 9% Sticky Bomb Radius
  • 9.50 % Turret Health
  • 9.50 % Turret Health

Can we stop the duplicates Massive? Happened yesterday three times in a row..

You know about the Open Group Make You Group Leader Thing? Basically, set your group privacy to open. Go reset the CM and walk into the edge of the mission to start it. Matchmaking will fill the group for you, but you'll be group leader so you won't get booted.

Yeah I know about it. Just figured I've had a pretty good experience with matchmaking thus far and it wouldnt be necessary.

They need to add some logic to matchmaking that states if you kick a player after that player has helped you through the boss fight (and dealt damage) then the drops will carry over into your stash should you be kicked. Or implement a vote kick system.

Personally speaking? I just don't care about that as much as you do. It's not affected me that much yet anyway. It just means I won't be able to churn out as many items looking for the perfect fit.
My last little sojourn in th DZ was all about having fun for a couple of hours and surviving dodgy encounters anyway. It wasn't really time spent worrying about mats etc.

I mean feel free to try and convert me but you'll have about as much luck as Jehovas Witnesses have in the past. ;)

This makes it sounds like you don't really care about the stats metagame, which is interesting, considering how stat-heavy The Division is.

That's fine, but the endgame for a lot of people is getting the best gear, which doesn't simply mean the color gold, but instead the best stats on the best gear for (your) best build. The game was designed this way but its mechanics don't support it or make it absurdly punishing to pursue.

This makes it sounds like you don't really care about the stats metagame, which is interesting, considering how stat-heavy The Division is.

That's fine, but the endgame for a lot of people is getting the best gear, which doesn't simply mean the color gold, but instead the best stats on the best gear for (your) best build. The game was designed this way but its mechanics don't support it or make it absurdly punishing to pursue.

I care about getting new gear and improving my stats etc. I'm just not obsessed about it.
I also just enjoy having fun playing it.

Edit> and let's not forget, all this sort of stuff will be tweaked and changed several times over the next year etc (as happens with all these types of games). So getting my knickers in a tightly knotted bunch over this change the day after its made would seem futile and somewhat of an over reaction.
If there's anything I really don't like in a few weeks time then maybe I'll send Massive a tweet or something.

Rerolled some gear.
  • 9.50 % Turret Health
  • 9% Sticky Bomb Radius
  • 9.50 % Turret Health
  • 9.50 % Turret Health

Can we stop the duplicates Massive? Happened yesterday three times in a row..
Tried to reroll a low 523 stamina stat on a piece that could go up to 645ish. Rolled 3 times and it wouldn't give me anything over 523. Wasted a lot of credits.

Happened again on a different set piece.

I never had rolls this bad prepatch. Either I'm just getting bad rng or they stealth adjusted the re-rolls too.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Theres a new DLC pack out. Sports Fan pack and its pretty neato. Also the other gear from Agent Origins and season pass is also available.

jzqmyj_Untitled-01-24.png

The1Ski

Can anyone explain why damage on a crafted weapon will sometimes be lesser than listed damage range?

For example:

If an SMG says the damage range is 8950-9400, I'll still craft the SMG with a damage result of 8500.

Is there some kind of multiplier or something that I'm missing?

Mullah88

Tried to reroll a low 523 stamina stat on a piece that could go up to 645ish. Rolled 3 times and it wouldn't give me anything over 523. Wasted a lot of credits.

Happened again on a different set piece.

I never had rolls this bad prepatch. Either I'm just getting bad rng or they stealth adjusted the re-rolls too.
Was waiting for patch to reroll all my gear with credits rather than pxc and this exact thing happened to me, couldn't get it to roll any higher on all my gears! Wasted all my credits rolling

cakely

Massive needs to remove at least half of the weapons talents from the gun talent pool.

If they really insist on keeping them they can move them down into a new "minor talent" item property, and keep them there.

There are currently 35 weapon talents and maybe only 1/4 of them are actually worth keeping.

But of Massive's actual solution will be to dramatically nerf or remove the useful talents.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Splinter Cell outfit looks fucking terrible. Heres the sports pack pictures. Snowboarder looks pretty cool with no jacket and black pants.

Also Baseball has white pants. Yay..

zfruoc_Untitled-01-27.png

Vinneh

Banned
Finally got me an HE first wave m1a but with so so stats:
37.8k dmg and Deadly/ Fierce/Provident. Too bad dmg is low tier...

cakely

Gearscore is a simple function of item quality (specialzed, superior, high-end, set) and item level.

A high level, high-end item will have a high gearscore even if the stats and talents on it are garbage.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Anyone got Striker gear to drop from challenge mode missions? I got the knees earlier so might try for gloves.

Wolfe

Seeing people get down about the game is no bueno. I'm trying not to get down about it just yet. Stupid crafting nerf, deleted characters and all.

Yeah I agree, I'm still enjoying the game but it's a bummer seeing people trying to but not having fun as well (for whatever reason).

Also even though I didn't find out till after I picked up the game, I can't stand timed exclusive content (PS4 here). What a way to make a large portion of your user base feel left out due to money even though we paid for the product same as everyone else.

I am also at work and did not have the chance to check it myself.I heard few people mentioned it on this and the previous page but now a friend of mine cannot find such option.Is this a myth?

Dude a myth? Cmon. Myself and 2 or 3 others have all commented on it so obviously it's real lol...

Settings>Visuals>third option down "Neutral Lighting"

It's not hard to find :(

Sober

Gearscore is a simple function of item quality (specialzed, superior, high-end, set) and item level.

A high level, high-end item will have a high gearscore even if the stats and talents on it are garbage.
I wish that if they absolutely has to include gear score it graded the item on a curve based on the stats it actually rolled, not it's maximum potential.

Completed the Incursion on the very first go with a pick up group I had running today. Tried a few times yesterday and failed despite getting close so am glad to have completed it so easily today.

Our strategy was:

Stay in the very bottom area. When we have the bomb only one person rushes it and we pop survivor link for him. I dont know if it helped but I threw my electro turret towards the APC to hopefully distract the enemy turrets.

I had pulse and electro turret and was sure to load up on explosive rounds when the shotgun symbol came up.

Two guys were running the ammo cache heal and we had a second guy popping pulse too (he later switched to electro turret). It really seemed to help having pulse and turrets to hand.

Was fun but now I really am out of things to do. My rewards were far worse than my level 31 armour! So I think im mostly out of the game until the next update where I can blow my money on the next tier of stuff they sell.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Okay, read these and tell me with a straight face that there is nothing wrong with the patch (or the hotfix):

TLDR Massive fucked up big time.

I'll say this. They fucked up by reverting the 3-4 HE's per CM. The new crafting system and loot system in general felt great during those hours. You get plenty of HE mats, and you get to poke through a few HE's every run scrounging for something good. Sure, most things aren't going to be good, but the sheer number of HE's was fun, you felt like you were getting decent mats, and the chance of that nice drop still felt alive. That's my one big gripe so far.

If the revert that and go back to hell even just 2 HE's from a CM boss (so 3 total); I think things will be fine. You'd be able to craft a shit ton from running CM's, maybe find a few pieces, and get phoenix creds to boot.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Does neutral help in performance?

Does feel in areas that frame rate is abit smoother. I like it more aswell because if its daytime and your inside a building looking out everything is really bright but with this option enabled its easier to see and not blinding.

I have this good sniper rifle that I can increase the DPS with a normal scope but it's not a rifle scope. I've been going back and forth on whether I want a rifle scope or just sacrifice it for high DPS. I don't mind aiming over the shoulder but I don't know if the high DPS makes a difference if I'm going for headshots.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
FYI it's super easy to use the GS brackets for DZ in your favor. Leave the set items in your stash and equip a green or below sidearm and you can fit into the 0-160 bracket for easy farming. (boss or player)

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
FYI it's super easy to use the GS brackets for DZ in your favor. Leave the set items in your stash and equip a green or below sidearm and you can fit into the 0-160 bracket for easy farming. (boss or player)

Scrub man up.
Will do later.

I'd wear the Assassin's Creed outfit, if it were black! Why do they always get stuck on Ezio when designing stuff like this? We all know that the Frye twins are much better.

As for current on-goings, I extracted a bunch of HE items from DZ06 last night, so that was nice. There was nothing of use for me, but it's nice to see so many drops. Some friends of mine were complaining about the value of their gold drops, but I made sure to remind them that at this time last week they were complaining that they weren't getting any gold drops, and now we just extracted a full backpack of them.

I also bought the Custom M44 marksman rifle, so that's good. It's a nice upgrade from my First Wave M1A that I bought a while ago. The DPS is lower, but that really doesn't matter for these guns. I went from 10K DMG to 45K. I really need HE mods for that thing, though. I'm still running full purples on it. I haven't seen a 12x or 15x HE scope mod, does one even exist?

Top Bottom