• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

theWB27

Damn dude that beats the one I rolled last night by quite a bit imo lol, right on.

I dunno man, looks kinda like a myth :p

It's based on whatever is on your character afaik (as in equipped and in backpack), I was able to swap out for a grey pistol and dropped down to 158 after putting my normal one into the stash.

Yet rogues still escape : /

I love the way it looks. Makes lighting far more realistic. And also makes things harder to see... But hey that's night time for ya.

3N2tu3R.jpg

Fa0VDnb.jpg

Also makes you realize how cool-tinted everything is........

You guys are out of your God damned minds if the bottom one is supposed to be the better looking one.

Unless MAYBE a horror game or something like night time in Dying Light when it's part of the gameplay mechanic. Otherwise, no thanks I want to see the game I'm playing.

Josh378

some dude kicked me out of team due to low gearscore for a CM, but i completed a CM earlier today and i was doing good dps. Should i really save my money for a HG weapon or just reroll stats on current HG gear for crit dmg?

It's based on whatever is on your character afaik (as in equipped and in backpack), I was able to swap out for a grey pistol and dropped down to 158 after putting my normal one into the stash.

This is absolutely hilarious.

Is there a place currently selling a grey handgun? If so, get ready for an influx of people in the low bracket DZ.

Iceman829

You guys are out of your God damned minds if the bottom one is supposed to be the better looking one.

Unless MAYBE a horror game or something like night time in Dying Light when it's part of the gameplay mechanic. Otherwise, no thanks I want to see the game I'm playing.

FACT: Dom is scared of the dark. Please disable pee your pants mode wesley

Is there a place currently selling a grey handgun? If so, get ready for an influx of people in the low bracket DZ.

A civilian I helped out dropped a grey handgun for me last night. It was the most exciting loot of the evening and that was after dailies and 6 Lex CM runs.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I wanna go hunting tonight guys. Need to hit 75 just incase those blueprints go from DZ. Did nothing last night.

I need to get 380,000 xp or around 2200 kills on mobs and bosses.

Wolfe

Not that I know of (outside of low level alts?) but I get them pretty regularly from civilians I help out since they decided they're too good to give me clothes most the time anymore :p

FACT: Dom is scared of the dark. Please disable pee your pants mode wesley

In all seriousness I know where he's coming from, if I didn't play in a dimly lit room most of the time I would likely not toggle the option on as it does drastically reduce your nighttime vision in the game.

Although now that we have splinter cell goggles vanity hat coming I wonder if you'll be able to see the green lights at a distance before you see the player with the dim light setting, that would be rad lol.

Shocked he can't hack it when the playing field is leveled.
Like I said before, should be ranked based instead of gear score.
Oh I hacked it just fine last night in the upper bracket haha. Was murdering quite a few people. Got murdered a couple times as well. I just see no point in grinding so I can get into the incursion challenge mode so I'd rather just ruthlessly obliterate bambis instead haha. Far better use of time spent. 👌

j-wood

You know what I currently hate in the dark zone? How easy it is for rouges to run away. All they currently have to do is run through a mob. The AI for some fucking reason reacts initially so slow, that the first people can run right through. Whoever comes in next, prepare to get wrecked if you try to run through.

Rouges shouldn't just be able to sprint through packs of mobs.

You know what I currently hate in the dark zone? How easy it is for rouges to run away. All they currently have to do is run through a mob. The AI for some fucking reason reacts initially so slow, that the first people can run right through. Whoever comes in next, prepare to get wrecked if you try to run through.

Rouges shouldn't just be able to sprint through packs of mobs.
Love running past axemen and batboys so they can swing at me and hit my pursuers lol. Works maybe 6/10 times.

Maybe you need a Light Zone where rogues can't defend themselves at all. Or exist.

Love running past axemen and batboys so they can swing at me and hit my pursuers lol. Works maybe 6/10 times.

Maybe you need a Light Zone where rogues can't defend themselves at all. Or exist.

Come on, now. He's not complaining about the existence of rogues, he's complaining about the sometimes puzzling aggro mechanics.

Archpath1

You shouldn't be able to run as fast when taking shots
Reduced run speed when getting hit by like X% or so

But sometimes it's nice knowing the layout of the land and you can cut rogues off

Iceman829

In all seriousness I know where he's coming from, if I didn't play in a dimly lit room most of the time I would likely not toggle the option on as it does drastically reduce your nighttime vision in the game.

Although now that we have splinter cell goggles vanity hat coming I wonder if you'll be able to see the green lights at a distance before you see the player with the dim light setting, that would be rad lol.

I usually up the brightness when I play games not to make them look better, but to see things easier especially in mp games. In the description it says you should only use the option if you are in a dimly lit room. As for the option it really changes how the game is played. If it was turned on all the time sneaking around the DZ would be quite exciting. It would be harder to see people sneaking around at night and make for a great environment.

Archpath1

Who's gonna help me get some strikers parts tonight?

We can do DZ rank up, hit care packages

Run some incursion few times

All the good stuff
Xbox GAF lets go

darkwing

Jesus, the pulse scan with loot mod is now broke too since 1.1. Doesn't show chests, bags, boxes etc. This is ridiculous. I think they bit off more than they can chew. I think we are getting more new bugs each patch then they fix.

Edit: Lol, the hits keep on coming. The 4 set bonus for Nomad doesn't proc when getting killed by rogues in DZ. So the set gear specifically made for solo DZ, doesn't proc its main bonus. This is just embarrassing now.

beta test starts now

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Reckless is not fixed yet confirmed. Just tested it with Tawpgun.
10707 without Reckless, 9701 with.

Iceman829

Who's gonna help me get some strikers parts tonight?

We can do DZ rank up, hit care packages

Run some incursion few times

All the good stuff
Xbox GAF lets go

I might be on tonight. Got home late last night and everyone already had a group. I'll be home late again I'm sure

cripterion

The incursion is bugged to hell, don't they playtest their stuff before releasing it? Half of the time it doesn't start (door is locked) or you end up in a group but can't see them and teleporting you to your group members throws you in the nearest safehouse..

Jesus, the pulse scan with loot mod is now broke too since 1.1. Doesn't show chests, bags, boxes etc. This is ridiculous. I think they bit off more than they can chew. I think we are getting more new bugs each patch then they fix.

Edit: Lol, the hits keep on coming. The 4 set bonus for Nomad doesn't proc when getting killed by rogues in DZ. So the set gear specifically made for solo DZ, doesn't proc its main bonus. This is just embarrassing now.
Was confused about the pulse... Makes sense now. A friend I was with in the dz said he was using the loot scan but every time he used it, nothing would show up. Thought maybe he had equipped the wrong mod...

Kaimu

anyone knows if you can craft a set item holster with stamina firearms and electronics? Because so far I'm only getting either of those two.

Ha Ice is just a jerk. He knows I'm sensitive about my phobias. Jk.

As for the TV settings, I am probably an outlier in that I play in a completely dark room and have my LED TV turned up to the max settings. My family and friends complain it is too bright ;-)

Special C

Correct me if I'm wrong as I have not been as invested in this game as others, but don't you now require twice as many mats to craft the same gear?

It takes more mats to craft yes, but the HE drop rate increase more than makes up for it with all the HE mat's you get from deconstructing.

anyone knows if you can craft a set item holster with stamina firearms and electronics? Because so far I'm only getting either of those two.
I've yet to be able to craft a nomad holster with all three. It's always two out of three. It's either horrible rng or just horrible lol.

but the HE drop rate increase more than makes up for it with all the HE mat's you get from deconstructing.
No, it does not.

I see, I hope you can. Feels kinda like a waste to keep trying if it isn't possible D:
Even if it is possible, it still feels like a waste. Why would anyone want to have a holster with only two? It is a huge gimp on the missing stat.

...but to get a set holster to roll with three is a massive expense of your mats.

lt519

It's beyond stupid that there is overlap. I mean, I thought a part of the point of Gear Score was an easily definable "this gear, or this player's gear, is worse, equal, or better than mine" metric.

With overlap, there is an unnecessary muddling of that metric. I can't think of a justification for it.

Yeah the overlap is dumb, it's unnecessary extra RNG. But the Gear Score is broken far beyond that overlap. The set chest armor I got last night is worse than a 163 Superior I've been hanging onto that had perfect perk rolls and maxed out primary stat for that GS.

Even if it is possible, it still feels like a waste. Why would anyone want to have a holster with only two? It is a huge gimp on the missing stat.

If you've totally abandoned electronics you can get a mod slot in addition to another primary stat like additional armor. Only reason I can think of to do that.

If you've totally abandoned electronics you can get a mod slot in addition to another primary stat like additional armor. Only reason I can think of to do that.

Which is what I've had to do to have a third nomad item equipped. I couldn't get a holster to roll with three so I used one that had stamina and electronics and rerolled the electronics to firearms... But the missing 500-600 electronics is noticeable. It's a shitty compromise to have to make for what is supposed to be true end game gear.

KDR_11k

One annoying new bug is that I sometimes end up with the gun stuck at 1 round in the mag, unable to reload or shoot. Switching to another weapon and back shows that the mag is actually full, I suppose it's some weird desync with that "headshots take 50% less ammo" perk.

Another annoying thing is that the menus flip out if I use the turbo click button on my mouse to shoot semi-autos, as if the clicks got buffered and unleashed while in the menu... Shame, that button helps a lot against the annoyance of constantly clicking (and is completely OP in clicker games).

Was confused about the pulse... Makes sense now. A friend I was with in the dz said he was using the loot scan but every time he used it, nothing would show up. Thought maybe he had equipped the wrong mod...

OTOH I've seen white blips show up with my debuff pulse...

Top Bottom