• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

4 players shooting adds at a supply drop and I snuck in, secured the chest and backed away...then turned around, sniped the boss to he would drop a HE for me. Picked it up and ran away while they were wondering what happened to the supply drop...

Personally speaking? I just don't care about that as much as you do. It's not affected me that much yet anyway. It just means I won't be able to churn out as many items looking for the perfect fit.
My last little sojourn in th DZ was all about having fun for a couple of hours and surviving dodgy encounters anyway. It wasn't really time spent worrying about mats etc.

I mean feel free to try and convert me but you'll have about as much luck as Jehovas Witnesses have in the past. ;)

So your argument is that because you ignore the endgame it doesn't effect you.

Also please, convert? We discuss the issues here transparently. If you want this to turn into some weird social conversion I am trying to do, move on. No need for this attitude here.

Lnkn52

4 players shooting adds at a supply drop and I snuck in, secured the chest and backed away...then turned around, sniped the boss to he would drop a HE for me. Picked it up and ran away while they were wondering what happened to the supply drop...

That was us for the first time yesterday. We didn't know if we got loot or not.

EL CUCO

Does feel in areas that frame rate is abit smoother. I like it more aswell because if its daytime and your inside a building looking out everything is really bright but with this option enabled its easier to see and not blinding.
It does look better on those screens. Gonna give it a shot when I get home.

I love the way it looks. Makes lighting far more realistic. And also makes things harder to see... But hey that's night time for ya.

3N2tu3R.jpg

Fa0VDnb.jpg

Also makes you realize how cool-tinted everything is........

Pandy

FYI it's super easy to use the GS brackets for DZ in your favor. Leave the set items in your stash and equip a green or below sidearm and you can fit into the 0-160 bracket for easy farming. (boss or player)
Naughty, but good to know for teaming up with lower-level friends. Cheers.

Shit I want that Assassins Creed outfit since I like all white clothing, the Strike set gear being white is icing on top, soooo good.

So it seems it bugged out for someone and they got it all free when its supposed to be paid? Or did we all get these outfits?

Gear Score was a completely unnecessary addition to the game which has just made character building overly-complicated with another number added to the mix. If it was going to be added it should be clear why higher-rated gear is better than say 163 rated or lesser gear.

Also, if you are going to develop and maintain a game in this genre the numbers and calculations need to be correct at all times rather than what is currently happening.

Via Reddit:

red satchel, canister or ammo pack. The rusher enemies (ones with the lightning bolt by the health bar) are weak in the knees. If you shoot them in the knees their armor melts like butter. Some people may already know this but my experience in matchmaking most do not.
The weird thing about this is your numbers do not change but their armor will drop faster. So the next time you see one try it out for yourself and don't let them panic you anymore.
TL;DR rushers are weak to bullets in the knee so end their adventures before they end yours.

Whaaaa. I had no clue. Not that rushers are much of a problem when you can unload a magazine of SMG to the face with pulse up, but good to know if I don't have a good headshot.

Mullah88

Via Reddit:

Whaaaa. I had no clue. Not that rushers are much of a problem when you can unload a magazine of SMG to the face with pulse up, but good to know if I don't have a good headshot.
I enjoy shooting the packs to watch them engulf in flames and apply bleed effect to anyone around them

Eirulan

So what's the best way to farm DZ credits?
I've never had problems getting PC quick, but I'm really low on those DZ credits...

Gearscore is a simple function of item quality (specialzed, superior, high-end, set) and item level.

A high level, high-end item will have a high gearscore even if the stats and talents on it are garbage.

But...why? What's it supposed to represent? If a low GS outclasses (in terms of stats and talents) a high GS, what's the point?

Jesus, the pulse scan with loot mod is now broke too since 1.1. Doesn't show chests, bags, boxes etc. This is ridiculous. I think they bit off more than they can chew. I think we are getting more new bugs each patch then they fix.

Edit: Lol, the hits keep on coming. The 4 set bonus for Nomad doesn't proc when getting killed by rogues in DZ. So the set gear specifically made for solo DZ, doesn't proc its main bonus. This is just embarrassing now.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Wes, since you were asking last night. This is chromatic aberration. It's the blurry sorta-colorful effect added to the edges of the view.

l7kzy1W.png

Lnkn52

Gear Score was a completely unnecessary addition to the game which has just made character building overly-complicated with another number added to the mix. If it was going to be added it should be clear why higher-rated gear is better than say 163 rated or lesser gear.

Also, if you are going to develop and maintain a game in this genre the numbers and calculations need to be correct at all times rather than what is currently happening.

Totally agree. Here I was thinking I needed to chase a number to reach recommended GS for CM.

lt519

Omg.

Massive what are you doin

Haha soon 160+ will be the place to be because everyone else will be trolling the lower gear bracket.

But...why? What's it supposed to represent? If a low GS outclasses (in terms of stats and talents) a high GS, what's the point?

Higher gear score can have the max rolls. Gear score 204 might have a range of 550-650 for the primary stat and 182 might have a range of 475-575. The ranges overlap so it's often the case the 182 might actually be better. But a roll of Gear Score 204 with the right perks will almost always be better. For example a GS204 Critical Damage might roll form 32%-34% and a GS182 might roll from 30-32%.

In a vacuum, only looking at best possible perk rolls for each Gear Score bracket, GS204 will always be better.

Sober

"Should we weigh primary/secondary weapons into gearscore a little more because that seems to be the part where all the killing power in the game comes to?"

"Nah, weapons should be equal to gear dude. Don't think about it too hard."

FYI it's super easy to use the GS brackets for DZ in your favor. Leave the set items in your stash and equip a green or below sidearm and you can fit into the 0-160 bracket for easy farming. (boss or player)

Yeah, that's fucking stupid on Massives end. They should change it so the highest Gear Set number you achieved (or possible with inventory and Stash) is set and can't be lowered.

Sober

Yeah, that's fucking stupid on Massives end. They should change it so the highest Gear Set number you achieved (or possible with inventory and Stash) is set and can't be lowered.
Other solution - make PVP interesting to play as a cover shooter (good luck with that) and not just run out of cover and roll the dice on who can burst/blow survivor link faster.

Higher gear score can have the max rolls. Gear score 204 might have a range of 550-650 for the primary stat and 182 might have a range of 475-575. The ranges overlap so it's often the case the 182 might actually be better. But a roll of Gear Score 204 with the right perks will almost always be better. For example a GS204 Critical Damage might roll form 32%-34% and a GS182 might roll from 30-32%.

In a vacuum, only looking at best possible perk rolls for each Gear Score bracket, GS204 will always be better.

It's beyond stupid that there is overlap. I mean, I thought a part of the point of Gear Score was an easily definable "this gear, or this player's gear, is worse, equal, or better than mine" metric.

With overlap, there is an unnecessary muddling of that metric. I can't think of a justification for it.

Other solution - make PVP interesting to play as a cover shooter (good luck with that) and not just run out of cover and roll the dice on who can burst/blow survivor link faster.

The day will come when PvP will be optional. Mark my words. The casuals will have their day sooner than you think.

Thanks for the details. I've only run it on Hard once and want to again tonight, so I will make sure my friend who hasn't complete it is the leader.

If this glitch persists it seems alts aren't necessary.

What time is "tonight"?

I could be down for another go at it, if only so I can get my 3rd and possibly 4th Sentry's Call backpack!

As for the DZ, is there a confirmation that the 160+ bracket has harder enemies? It certainly feels that way. I changed my chest piece to a non-Reckless one and it still seems like they're hitting harder.

I used to solo the majority of the map with ease, and the rest with care. Yesterday, I had to burn 2 medkits at the Library.

...The Library.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I cant be bothered with this gear score shit. Everything I do makes me worse in every way.

DPS drops, Electronics drop, abilitie haste takes 3x longer, Overdose is worthless since it fills up 1 bar vs 3 and overheal. Crit dmg and chance falls so low. Armor mit % drops like 10%.

Think I'll stick at 188. Any gear I get along the way I'll keep.

cakely

I'm not defending it, it's a stupid decision.

Gearscore should be based on how much it raises your actual dps and effective hit points, but this is what we've got. Right now it's effectively just a number that you can ignore.

Anyone want to run the Incursion on Hard at 9pm EST tonight?

It will be myself (I've beat it twice now) and a friend who hasn't (so he can be the leader and make sure we all get the bonus and the APC drop).

Looking for two on PS4!

I cant be bothered with this gear score shit. Everything I do makes me worse in every way.

DPS drops, Electronics drop, abilitie haste takes 3x longer, Overdose is worthless since it fills up 1 bar vs 3 and overheal. Crit dmg and chance falls so low. Armor mit % drops like 10%.

Think I'll stick at 188. Any gear I get along the way I'll keep.
I'm going to make sure the <160 bracket is doing okay. Just gonna lend a helping hand and such. Be a good citizen for the people.

It makes zero sense why a single piece of Gear Set armor is rated 214 given that equipping it alone gives you zero benefit compared to most High-end gear in the same slot. Concerning Gear Set ratings, the number should go up as you add/equip additional pieces of a particular Gear Set.

One piece by itself, IMO, should be rated quite low (like 150 or even under).

Wolfe

Bought the m44...rolled balanced, brutal and deadly. Scope adds 19.5 head shot damage. 83 extended mag with 33% crit hit damage.

All talents unlocked.
I like it.

Damn dude that beats the one I rolled last night by quite a bit imo lol, right on.

New lighting option looks much better IMHO especially at night.

4DBDpJY.png

qCqWsmX.png

I dunno man, looks kinda like a myth :p

Isn't the gear score based on all gear and not just equipped gear?

It's based on whatever is on your character afaik (as in equipped and in backpack), I was able to swap out for a grey pistol and dropped down to 158 after putting my normal one into the stash.

I kinda feel like gearscore is totally worthless and you can actually be a low gearscore with much better stats than a guy with high gearscore

I have a purple handgun that allows all mods, it destroys every HE I have seen so far but it's gear score of course is shit cus reasons lol

Special C

Crafting is not nerfed people. HEs drop like candy now. I get way more mat's than I used to from deconstructingdeconstructing the HEs.

blacklotus

So, i have about 800 PCs.

Got Vector and Black Market AK.
All Equip is HE but only two are 182 (body armour and mask).
Also have extended mag HE blueprint.

(only level 30 DZ).

Should i spend it or keep it for now?

So, i have about 800 PCs.

Got Vector and Black Market AK.
All Equip is HE but only two are 182 (body armour and mask).
Also have extended mag HE blueprint.

(only level 30 DZ).

Should i spend it or keep it for now?

You could buy two set item patterns from BoO and still have change left

Wolfe

Anyone want to run the Incursion on Hard at 9pm EST tonight?

It will be myself (I've beat it twice now) and a friend who hasn't (so he can be the leader and make sure we all get the bonus and the APC drop).

Looking for two on PS4!

I'm down, still haven't done it yet and rather not have my first attempt be with rando's lol.

Crafting is not nerfed people. HEs drop like candy now. I get way more mat's than I used to from deconstructingdeconstructing the HEs.

Correct me if I'm wrong as I have not been as invested in this game as others, but don't you now require twice as many mats to craft the same gear?

Top Bottom