• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Even if it is possible, it still feels like a waste. Why would anyone want to have a holster with only two? It is a huge gimp on the missing stat.

...but to get a set holster to roll with three is a massive expense of your mats.

Had to go 3 times at the Kneepads just to get one with decent enough stats to even start recalibrating. And it was really, really expensive.

I get why they don't allow you to recalibrate multiple places of a single piece, otherwise you could just pick up any mediocre piece and tool it into a perfect one with the right amount of cash and materials. But it begs the question of why the fuck a gear set piece ever even starts out mediocre? And they do, often.

One annoying new bug is that I sometimes end up with the gun stuck at 1 round in the mag, unable to reload or shoot. Switching to another weapon and back shows that the mag is actually full, I suppose it's some weird desync with that "headshots take 50% less ammo" perk.

OTOH I've seen white blips show up with my debuff pulse...
1. I think that's from one of your selected talents that is bugged right now.

2. Lmao. The pulses are probably swapped after 1.1...

Lnkn52

One annoying new bug is that I sometimes end up with the gun stuck at 1 round in the mag, unable to reload or shoot. Switching to another weapon and back shows that the mag is actually full, I suppose it's some weird desync with that "headshots take 50% less ammo" perk.

OTOH I've seen white blips show up with my debuff pulse...

I thought it was a new level of immersion where my gun kept jamming. But yes, that happened frequently last night.

Which is what I've had to do to have a third nomad item equipped. I couldn't get a holster to roll with three so I used one that had stamina and electronics and rerolled the electronics to firearms... But the missing 500-600 electronics is noticeable. It's a shitty compromise to have to make for what is supposed to be true end game gear.

I was able to roll a Nomad Holster with all three. It's possible.

Deku Tree

FYI it's super easy to use the GS brackets for DZ in your favor. Leave the set items in your stash and equip a green or below sidearm and you can fit into the 0-160 bracket for easy farming. (boss or player)

RIP DZ brackets. Nobody ever uses sidearm anyway. Wasted weapon slot IMHO.

Pandy

You know what I currently hate in the dark zone? How easy it is for rouges to run away. All they currently have to do is run through a mob. The AI for some fucking reason reacts initially so slow, that the first people can run right through. Whoever comes in next, prepare to get wrecked if you try to run through.

Rouges shouldn't just be able to sprint through packs of mobs.
You can use it just as easily to defend against would-be rogues. Fair's fair.

Though I do still think the risks/rewards are out of balance for going rogue in the rogue's favour. They should have to successfully extract to get any rewards.

Had to go 3 times at the Kneepads just to get one with decent enough stats to even start recalibrating. And it was really, really expensive.

I get why they don't allow you to recalibrate multiple places of a single piece, otherwise you could just pick up any mediocre piece and tool it into a perfect one with the right amount of cash and materials. But it begs the question of why the fuck a gear set piece ever even starts out mediocre? And they do, often.
So far, every set piece I've gotten except for the nomad gloves have been utter trash. The nomad kneepads were more of a sideways equip after I rerolled the main stat. Sentry's call chest....crap. Strikers backpack... Worse than my HE one and it was a higher GS! The nomad holster I had to craft multiple times and then just settle for one of them after rerolling the main stats.

It's so... Underwhelming.

In games like destiny and diablo... When you get that exotic or legendary or what have you... Even if it's not attuned to your particular play style, you can still understand it's power and and usefulness or at least why it exists.

These gear sets... I fail to see the point given how underperforming their stats are across the board.

RIP DZ brackets. Nobody ever uses sidearm anyway. Wasted weapon slot IMHO.

I actually fall back on mine quite a bit :(

Well, maybe less now, but I haven't done the two harder CMs in a while (since MM is hit or miss). But, last night running around DZ05-06, running out of ammo every loop or two was a common occurrence.

I even completely ran out of ammo at the end of Lincoln Tunnel CM the other night--was using my pistol to keep NPCs at bay.

Back on topic, that is a cheeky exploit. Pistols should be weighted to not really count that much.

DarKshodaN

So i tryed to beat Falcon Lost all day on hard mode. After we finally beat it, nobody from our team got the weekly drop.

The Teamleader and me never beats it before, so i don't know where our weekly drops are?

Don't tell me i wasted 6 Hours from my life for nothing, then i am done with this game.

People are feeling more squishy due to Rehab being fixed most likely.
That's true to an extent but the higher dz bracket has harder hitting enemies it seems like, and since the patch went live I noticed that my booster shot only heals me for one bar instead of three w/ overshield like it did before. Not sure if that's because I have different gear on now, or because my holster is missing electronics, or if that the actual ability was tweaked. Anyone have some insight?

So i tryed to beat Falcon Lost all day on hard mode. After we finally beat it, nobody from our team got the weekly drop.

The Teamleader and me never beats it before, so i don't know where our weekly drops are?

Don't tell me i wasted 6 Hours from my life for nothing, then i am done with this game.

Holy shit it took you 6 hours!?@!?@!

Tawpgun

Loot system needs work for sure. These are common complaints.

I'm kind of wondering if anyone at Massive is tuning the game for people at the end game anymore

theWB27

So far, every set piece I've gotten except for the nomad gloves have been utter trash. The nomad kneepads were more of a sideways equip after I rerolled the main stat. Sentry's call chest....crap. Strikers backpack... Worse than my HE one and it was a higher GS! The nomad holster I had to craft multiple times and then just settle for one of them after rerolling the main stats.

It's so... Underwhelming.

In games like destiny and diablo... When you get that exotic or legendary or what have you... Even if it's not attuned to your particular play style, you can still understand it's power and and usefulness or at least why it exists.

These gear sets... I fail to see the point given how underperforming their stats are across the board.

It just sounds like everything they're doing is geared towards us not getting better. As if they're giving themselves time to catch up on the dev side of things.

I've been in the dz for a good 7 hours today and I've not got one item above 163. Not one.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
We aren't the only ones who have hopped on the 0-160 bracket train. Hahahah

Wolfe

That's true to an extent but the higher dz bracket has harder hitting enemies it seems like, and since the patch went live I noticed that my booster shot only heals me for one bar instead of three w/ overshield like it did before. Not sure if that's because I have different gear on now, or because my holster is missing electronics, or if that the actual ability was tweaked. Anyone have some insight?

That sounds odd, I was using my booster shot in the DZ and during a few hard missions and it worked like normal every time.

@Sump: My bad, it's foxwolfe2

I'm now down to GS 155 with three nomad set items still equipped.

158k primary - dz75 aug
72k secondary - lvl28 superior m44
28k sidearm - grey trash quality
103k health

MikeyMike

I'm now down to GS 155 with three nomad set items still equipped.

158k primary - dz75 aug
72k secondary - lvl28 superior m44
28k sidearm - grey trash quality
103k health

Not sure if it would lower the score even more but I made a new character and transferred the lvl1 handgun.

Audioboxer

Sorry to be lazy but I've been soo consumed with DS3, and can anyone give me the patch quick run down? Guaranteed HE stuff and what not now? How has crafting changed?

Cheers GAF

So, is this a known bug / glitch?

The yellow waypoint line no longer shows up in the world for me when I mark a waypoint.

I've shut my console down completely and the issue remains.

Anyone know of a fix?

Top Bottom