• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

oakenhild

FYI it's super easy to use the GS brackets for DZ in your favor. Leave the set items in your stash and equip a green or below sidearm and you can fit into the 0-160 bracket for easy farming. (boss or player)

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that they didn't design this properly. No way is a new player (or even me at 140 GS) going to compete with a matched set of 160 gear with all the right talents and stats on it. Especially considering you can just drop your sidearm to lower your score even further. Gear score is the wrong metric to use for this, or is at least far too simple.

Once again, the DZ doesn't really sound the least bit fun now that I've hit level 30 with purple gear (2 HE so far only at 140 gear score, but my gear is not great). I was optimistic that it would be a bit more balanced with the latest patch but that's clearly not the case.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that they didn't design this properly. No way is a new player (or even me at 140 GS) going to compete with a matched set of 160 gear with all the right talents and stats on it. Especially considering you can just drop your sidearm to lower your score even further. Gear score is the wrong metric to use for this, or is at least far too simple.

Once again, the DZ doesn't really sound the least bit fun now that I've hit level 30 with purple gear (2 HE so far only at 140 gear score, but my gear is not great). I was optimistic that it would be a bit more balanced with the latest patch but that's clearly not the case.

I'm not sure anyone (including Massive) can explain what they were going for with the addition of a Gear Score.

The idea that a single equipped piece of Gear Set armor is rated 214 is a complete joke considering most High-end gear items of the same slot will be much more useful even though the Gear Score will be much lower.

Gear Set armor should start at a very low Gear Score and go up as you add pieces to unlock perks.

So blue division tech is useless then?

You can use it for crafting High-end Fabric, Electronics, Tools, or Weapon Parts. In the crafting section you will see these listed as Fabric (Dark Zone) etc. That just means you need to use Division Tech. You can also use green Division Tech to craft blue crafting mats.

I thought this patch was supposed to make DZ05 / DZ06 desirable.

With what is either a stealth buff to NPC damage or a stealth nerf to player mitigation and the fact that the same GS tier drops up there as it does down in the bowels, it basically cemented the DZ 02 - 04 shuffle.

DZ01 is still a playground for rogue groups.

theWB27

mbDqvTp.png

It's been a pretty good couple of days. Vector is at 162dps.

Tried the dz with the other lighting too. Looks real good with the lights as your guide.

cakely

Yea that ONE IS NONE talent bugs your magazine before reload, and jams up
Switch to other weapon fixes it

I want to believe but The Division has been one of the most glitchy, buggy experiences I've had with a AAA console game this generation. Crashes, falling through the map, instances where the front door of a mission refuses to unlock ... these aren't subtle bugs. How do these patches pass certification?

I'm sure someone will refresh my memory with a worse game, but, wow, this is bad.

I never played THPS 5

ChrisW

So spent an hour and a half wth 4 ransoms doing the incursion, first try we got to wave 10, second try we get toasted by shotty on wave 3 and then FINALLY we get to wave 15 and everything starts coming down on you and two of us died and then the last two people couldn't hold out.

It was so upsetting to know we got to the last wave working well as a team

telasoman

So spent an hour and a half wth 4 ransoms doing the incursion, first try we got to wave 10, second try we get toasted by shotty on wave 3 and then FINALLY we get to wave 15 and everything starts coming down on you and two of us died and then the last two people couldn't hold out.

From what we discovered last night, wave 15 will not end until you plant the bomb. We were on it for 20 minutes the first time until we figured that out.

Get the bomb on wave 15, and just rush the ACP and plant and run away. The entire place will auto die and you win after like 30 seconds after its planted.

Bizazedo

GS in this game is so ridiculous. They really should have a system that relates GS to your actual power.
I am dying to know what the game was like before it was pushed back.

Do lower level sidearms really drop the GS lower than a lv30 grey?
I made a new character and pushed her level 1 pistol over to my main. I stalked a solo character who was probably also lower geared as he was on manhunt and crushed him from behind since he didn't expect someone on equal footing.

Level 1 pistol forever. And add Massive to the list with Bungie of "I want a Tell All book of Incompetence",

Final wave is overwhelming, best strat is to kill the elite with the explosives asap, use defensive link and plant the bomb, then hide. All the enemies will despawn once the APC is down.

Is there any difference between a primary and a secondary? any extra buffs or benefits to primary guns?

My DPS varies wildly depending on which positon it's in. Sometimes I'm at 190k with my M4 as primary and sometimes it's there at secondary. I think it's broken unless I'm missing something

tosu

Neo Member
I equipped a green secondary and grey sidearm and it says my GS is 157, but it still puts me in DZ 161+. Am I missing something?

oti

Banned
After beating this sniper in one story mission I accidentally dismantled the really good weapon he dropped and now I feel dead inside.

J-Rzez

Glad to see the oversight of GS calculation that allows scumbags to artificially drop their numbers to farm, yes, farm players. They even refer to it as such. I'm just going to hang out in the higher bracket as ironically I think there's less scumbags up there because they have to play on more equal footing outside of using superior tactics of having number advantage and shooting people who are in combat with AI.

I'm going to have to go Punisher route again soon I think, see a player extract, hang out of sight, when the leet-skilled players show up to farm the solo guy, I'll pick them off then. Farm the dirt farmers.

Wolfe

None, unless you're using that one talent (repo reaper I think) that gives your primary 30 ammo if you get a kill with the sidearm.

I found that talent super useful while doing the story missions while leveling up, so nice to finish a few dudes off with the pistol and reclaim a few clips for my AK.

Dropped it pretty quick after 30 though.

Josh378

Oh crap I'm in the 161 + bracket, im going to get destroyed. I did not mean to put on that extra kneebrace. I juat wanted to see my stats with mods on it...this going to suck.

I equipped a green secondary and grey sidearm and it says my GS is 157, but it still puts me in DZ 161+. Am I missing something?

Im on 158...this is BS. I do not want to be on 161+ until i get my vector gun. Well thw good news is that i am only 6 credits away from buying that vector blueprint.

phen0m24

Glad to see the oversight of GS calculation that allows scumbags to artificially drop their numbers to farm, yes, farm players. They even refer to it as such. I'm just going to hang out in the higher bracket as ironically I think there's less scumbags up there because they have to play on more equal footing outside of using superior tactics of having number advantage and shooting people who are in combat with AI.

I'm going to have to go Punisher route again soon I think, see a player extract, hang out of sight, when the leet-skilled players show up to farm the solo guy, I'll pick them off then. Farm the dirt farmers.

I'm gonna ask this question at the risk of being the Bambi, but I don't care.

Ve3TRO and Co. The "Bambi hunters." As we all kind of watch the thread evolve, there are posts like the one above. Now, Ve3TRO was kind enough to raid and Trials and whatever else with my kid in Destiny. Are you guys playing up the anti hero image here in thread? Obviously we've seen Wes' videos of him gunning down everyone in sight. Sad. :(

But having always put GAF out there as this fantastic place with super helpful people and fine fun folks to play with, part of me refuses to believe that helpful people are out there just being merciless and being proud of it in the thread.

Tell me you guys are just playing it up and it's not as mean spirited as it comes across. Under the GAF symbol it says "Believe"and I'm trying. :)

Goes back to Bambi cave, hiding from crazed snipers...

I'm gonna ask this question at the risk of being the Bambi, but I don't care.

Ve3TRO and Co. The "Bambi hunters." As we all kind of watch the thread evolve, there are posts like the one above. Now, Ve3TRO was kind enough to raid and Trials and whatever else with my kid in Destiny. Are you guys playing up the anti hero image here in thread? Obviously we've seen Wes' videos of him gunning down everyone in sight. Sad. :(

But having always put GAF out there as this fantastic place with super helpful people and fine fun folks to play with, part of me refuses to believe that helpful people are out there just being merciless and being proud of it in the thread.

Tell me you guys are just playing it up and it's not as mean spirited as it comes across. Under the GAF symbol it says "Believe"and I'm trying. :)

Goes back to Bambi cave, hiding from crazed snipers...

Nah we're just in it having fun and playing up the antihero. In party chat we're all just carrying on and taking advantage of what massive created to be a ruthless pvp/pve zone. I've never played a game like this before, where all bets are off, and I've always been interested in DayZ and the like- just haven't had a pc for gaming in almost ten years now.

In destiny I'm always down to help and Sherpa and raid with randoms. I think it's a blast, to be able to take what you've learned and offer that to help other people.

But the dark zone?

Entirely different ballgame.

B-Man

The game is outright unplayable for me now.

I can MM to the darkzone, and everything is fine.

I try to do the same for the dailies, and it's like i've turned into spectator mode!

I'm not seen by the NPCs, i can stand in their line of fire with no damage at all, i can empty the clip into a NPC from 1 meter and no damage or any reaction.

i can't deploy a skill, my grenades doesn't explode.

This happened for the second night today, since the 1.1 patch.

Does anyone have any idea what is happening ? is this a known issue ?

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Did some testing today thanks to Tawp and Wes.

Reckless talent is still bugged.
w/o Reckless => 10707 damage body
w/ Reckless => 9707 damage body.

This is visible in the UI under "Survivability" where it says All Damage Mitigation. The numbers were just verifying that it wasn't only a UI glitch.
If you have a chest piece with Reckless I would highly recommend using it over a little extra health or armor.

-----

Armor mitigation is still working fine, and it's not the cause of the DZ enemies seemingly hitting harder. Not sure if it was the placebo effect of the Rehab glitch, or if they upped the strength of them in the patch.

3888 armor (54.47% mitigation) => 1804 body, 3058 head
1308 armor (18.32% mitigation) => 3237 body, 5487 head

-----

I wish the enemies damage was visible so we could test the 0-160 bracket against the 160+ bracket to see if there is any difference in enemy difficulty.
Thought I'm assuming that a 32 is a 32 regardless of where they are at.

My DPS is floating like crazy. I enter the sidearm menu, it goes up to 155k. I go to the Primary Weapon menu, it goes down to 146k. WTF? And no the weapons aren't different levels... they're all 182. Fuck this shit.

Edit: also, I bought the MP5 BP because everyone says it's the best weapon, crafted two and both had horrible talents and even with all the best mods I have, the DPS doesn't even go to 140k. I'll just keep my long time Vector going.

phen0m24

Nah we're just in it having fun and playing up the antihero. In party chat we're all just carrying on and taking advantage of what massive created to be a ruthless pvp/pve zone. I've never played a game like this before, where all bets are off, and I've always been interested in DayZ and the like- just haven't had a pc for gaming in almost ten years now.

In destiny I'm always down to help and Sherpa and raid with randoms. I think it's a blast, to be able to take what you've learned and offer that to help other people.

But the dark zone?

Entirely different ballgame.

Dat stealth edit doe

;)

Cool Wes. Just asking. I've enjoyed the DZ more treating it like co-op but knowing the hectic nature of it - it's probably the most fun experience I've had outside of a raid in Destiny!

Tawpgun

Did some testing today thanks to Tawp and Wes.

Reckless talent is still bugged.
w/o Reckless => 10707 damage body
w/ Reckless => 9707 damage body.

This is visible in the UI under "Survivability" where it says All Damage Mitigation. The numbers were just verifying that it wasn't only a UI glitch.
If you have a chest piece with Reckless I would highly recommend using it over a little extra health or armor.

-----

Armor mitigation is still working fine, and it's not the cause of the DZ enemies seemingly hitting harder. Not sure if it was the placebo effect of the Rehab glitch, or if they upped the strength of them in the patch.

3888 armor (54.47% mitigation) => 1804 body, 3058 head
1308 armor (18.32% mitigation) => 3237 body, 5487 head

-----

I wish the enemies damage was visible so we could test the 0-160 bracket against the 160+ bracket to see if there is any difference in enemy difficulty.
Thought I'm assuming that a 32 is a 32 regardless of where they are at.

When we're not hunting bambis we're doing science

Dat stealth edit doe

;)

Cool Wes. Just asking. I've enjoyed the DZ more treating it like co-op but knowing the hectic nature of it - it's probably the most fun experience I've had outside of a raid in Destiny!
Caught it just before it dipped below the water's surface ;)

I'd have to say that Vault of Glass and King's Fall are two of my most favorite gaming experiences, out of all the games I've played that involve co-op of some sort. Especially VoG. Bungie did a lot of things wrong in Year One but they absolutely nailed VoG.

The dz is an entirely different beast. While yes, it can be treated as a co-op experience, and yes, you definitely will fare better with a friend or three, it's still very much a pvp free for all zone, where there are no rules by design.

It's what you make of it, but it's also what others make of it for themselves, which can either bypass or gravely affect you.

EL CUCO

tumblr_o2lf5vEggH1upvr5ao2_400.gif

Josh378

One lvl 4 green pistol, one 163 GS HE mask, the rest GS 182 HE:

And my 165K DPS Vector can go into the 160 GS DZ braket. LoL

I would love to test my all 163 with one glove 182 vs your all 182. Gear plus one 163. I have huge armor pen + crit build working that mow down every person build ive fought at the 160 area.

Top Bottom