• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

theWB27

I just discovered that they patched out punching while doing emotes. No more change direction jumping jack dancing :(

Such a weird thing to be worried about from them.

I wonder if I'll make it to the end of the week. My most anticipated game this gen since it was revealed and it's been so cloudy.

Dark zone 61 and I don't have the urge to grind to 75 mostly by myself.

Tawpgun

Honestly the games loot system got off to such a rocky start... They need to put everyone on a level playing field and start over.

I don't mean by deleting loot.

They need to figure out how to make loot better, less frustrating, and this time make sure you can't just grind and craft everything.

While they figure this out (and for the love of god do some QA testing) they should just make super saught after weapons and gear MUCH easier to acquire. Basically make it super easy to give everyone the best gear at the moment, putting people on a level playing field.

Then next update or patch or whatever, up the highest level of gear, and implement a better loot system

Are there any good guides/wikis for new players? I have a lot of experience with MMOs and with Borderlands, but not online shooters, if I just jump in will things make sense to me? And are all the complaints I'm seeing here mostly just endgame stuff?

I think jumping in everything should make sense - a few tips:
Dont buy or craft anything until you hit end game
Dismantle weapons rather than sell them - between level 1-30 you will be getting new weapons every few levels so it's only at level 30 you start to get attached to stuff

Honestly everything upto level 30 is fantastic - the complaints are all end game related!

Once you hit 30 the game will change fairly drastically and you will want to figure out how to get the most current gear - but in my opinion the journey to 30 is better than the destination

jamesdbc

Neo Member
Are there any good guides/wikis for new players? I have a lot of experience with MMOs and with Borderlands, but not online shooters, if I just jump in will things make sense to me? And are all the complaints I'm seeing here mostly just endgame stuff?

I'd recommend jumping in and levelling to 30. If you've got mates that play and are a similar level try the story missions on hard – that's the most fun I've had on this game.

Vast majority of online chat about the game relates to the endgame now and it will be easier to comprehend all of it once you're level 30 I reckon.

theWB27

Take down some rogues...but his partner manages to double revive while I unload a clip into the downed agent with incendiary and my special.

I can't take it.

Lomax

I think jumping in everything should make sense - a few tips:
Dont buy or craft anything until you hit end game
Dismantle weapons rather than sell them - between level 1-30 you will be getting new weapons every few levels so it's only at level 30 you start to get attached to stuff

Honestly everything upto level 30 is fantastic - the complaints are all end game related!

I'd recommend jumping in and levelling to 30. If you've got mates that play and are a similar level try the story missions on hard – that's the most fun I've had on this game.

Vast majority of online chat about the game relates to the endgame now and it will be easier to comprehend all of it once you're level 30 I reckon.

Cool, thanks :) As a long time WoW veteran I fully understand having endgame complaints but if the leveling experience is fun I'll definitely give it a shot.

theWB27

invulnerability frames

They can be as invulnerable as they want now. Already into 2k16 now.

That ish is infuriating.

Edit- so they didn't intend for us to be able to join an in progress incursion, but their matchmaking allows us to be put in a group that is in progress? Geez

Hard:

214 random set (weekly reward)
191 random set (boss drop)
182 random HE (boss drop, most likely a mod)
Cosmetic cap or scarf
HE mats

Challenging:

240 random set (weekly reward)
214 random set (boss drop)
204 Named HE - Warlord Assualt rifle (not guaranteed drop)
Cosmetic jacket
HE mats

So you get one weekly reward for doing hard AND challenging? Some friends and I wanted to see what challenging was all about but we were worried we used up the weekly reward on our characters doing the hard.

Deku Tree

Hard:

214 random set (weekly reward)
191 random set (boss drop)
Cosmetic cap or scarf
HE mats

Challenging:

240 random set (weekly reward)
214 random set (boss drop)
204 Named HE - Warlord Assualt rifle (not guaranteed drop)
Cosmetic jacket
HE mats

RAWR said he got the cosmetic jacket as his end of mission reward and no 240 random gear set from CM.

Believe it was his first time too. Or they did the join on another player who hasn't done it glitch.

This is lame overall of course but I don't think any of us here understand how difficult it is to work on a title of this magnitude, or the complexity of developing and maintaining this sort of game, so I personally can give them a pass on a number of these for time being.

And at least they are communicating that they are aware of these known issues. There are tons of developers/publishers that would never give this level of detail. It's a net benefit to the community that we know they are working these out.

Neil_J_UK

What's the best thing to spend PxC on? I'm only a new 30 with 150 gear score. The only vendor I've seen that I can spend them at is the one in base - is that it?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
GtByYorl.jpg

I think for PVE, the 3 Striker + 3 Sentry build is going to be the thing to aim for. The challenge will be trying to get 6 pieces to drop at 240, I guess.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
What's the best thing to spend PxC on? I'm only a new 30 with 150 gear score. The only vendor I've seen that I can spend them at is the one in base - is that it?
I have no idea what's for sale now, but an SMG would be a priority. After that, at this point, I honestly don't know because of the crafting nerf and the introduction of gear set BPs. You want to have enough survivability to be able to grind Lexington comfortably though.

OG Loc

Constantly being kicked from groups (for what I will assume is a "low" gear score) while trying to matchmake a CM mission is hampering my enjoyment of the game.

GtByYorl.jpg

I think for PVE, the 3 Striker + 3 Sentry build is going to be the thing to aim for. The challenge will be trying to get 6 pieces to drop at 240, I guess.

Nice! I'm thinking along similar lines, and really would like to have 3-4 pieces from each set for flexibility.

I've currently got 4 Striker + 1 Sentry, looking for a Sentry holster so that I can run 4 + 2 respectively. Most are 214, some 191, but part of the fun is hoping for that next great loot drop at a higher Gear Score ;-)

jamesdbc

Neo Member
Cool, thanks :) As a long time WoW veteran I fully understand having endgame complaints but if the leveling experience is fun I'll definitely give it a shot.

No worries. If you've got any questions along the way people here will be more than happy to help I'm sure.

Deku Tree

New thing is to kick players in MM with low gear scores.

Constantly being kicked from groups (for what I will assume is a "low" gear score) while trying to matchmake a CM mission is hampering my enjoyment of the game.

You can always start your own group. Open your party to public, start the mission solo and wait at the beginning, and wait for people to join. Then your the leader, other players can quit but they can't kick you.

Pons

Neo Member
Does anyone have issues with in game voice comms on ps4? Especially in the dark zone?

I use a Sony Gold Wireless, my bro Horsticuffs uses a standard controller plug in headset.

Seems like when we go to the Dark zone, it starts working but then quickly the voice comms stop working, he can't hear me, I can't hear him. Frustrating.

We keep meaning to for a psn party chat to take the in game voice comms out of the equation, to narrow it down whether it is one of our headsets or the in game voice comms that is the issue, just keep forgetting.

Curious if anyone else has ran into this.

jamesdbc

Neo Member

Can't go wrong with the vector and extended mag blueprint. Both should increase your DPS a fair amount, depending on what you currently have. I think the BoO guy sells an MP5 blueprint as well now, which – I've read – is better, at least for PvE.

Deku Tree

Does anyone have issues with in game voice comms on ps4? Especially in the dark zone?

I use a Sony Gold Wireless, my bro Horsticuffs uses a standard controller plug in headset.

Seems like when we go to the Dark zone, it starts working but then quickly the voice comms stop working, he can't hear me, I can't hear him. Frustrating.

We keep meaning to for a psn party chat to take the in game voice comms out of the equation, to narrow it down whether it is one of our headsets or the in game voice comms that is the issue, just keep forgetting.

Curious if anyone else has ran into this.

It's been buggy since the beta. Most people use PSN party chat instead.

_woLf

They need to revert all the shit in this patch. All of these loot exploits are completely fucking everyone who isn't high enough level to do this stuff over. We're going to be at a permanent disadvantage because high end players were able to exploit shit and it'll be fixed by the time others can catch up.

This is not good.

JohnCYQ

Did they add extraction spawns for the DZ6 extraction site?

Just had a bunch of purple LMB spawn right before the chopper came down. This is in the 0-160 bracket btw.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Nice! I'm thinking along similar lines, and really would like to have 3-4 pieces from each set for flexibility.

I've currently got 4 Striker + 1 Sentry, looking for a Sentry holster so that I can run 4 + 2 respectively. Most are 214, some 191, but part of the fun is hoping for that next great loot drop at a higher Gear Score ;-)
Yeah. The real problem though is that when you start trying for 240 gear, you're not able to be choosy anymore. You can grind the 214 rolls though, at least.

Did they add extraction spawns for the DZ6 extraction site?

Just had a bunch of purple LMB spawn right before the chopper came down. This is in the 0-160 bracket btw.
Yeah, they did.

darkwing

They need to revert all the shit in this patch. All of these loot exploits are completely fucking everyone who isn't high enough level to do this stuff over. We're going to be at a permanent disadvantage because high end players were able to exploit shit and it'll be fixed by the time others can catch up.

This is not good.

you don't need to be high level to cheese the APC

lt519

So is there a point when critical chance and crit damage isnt worth stacking anymore when using pulse? I have 50% crit chance and like 180% crit damage. I know chance caps out at 65%. Am I hitting that ceiling with pulse? Cause I can move some gun mods around to get more range/headshot damage and give up some crit chance.

That third piece of striker gear giving 50% crit damage is absurd. My DPS skyrocketed.

Iceman829

Thanks Dom for giving my buddy the M1A drop last night.

Now I just need to get 1. There's no way I'll hit 75 DZ before the reset to bug the AUG or M1A

ChrisW

So this dropped for me earlier, any good?
VQO3PCe.jpg

Only 163 GS has;

141% HS dmg

Ferocious 13% damage increase against elites and named

Deadly 25% crit damage

&

Destructive 17% armour destruction

ERMint13

you don't need to be high level to cheese the APC

That's the problem. I feel at this point now that it is really out there if it is still going on tonight I have to do it(due to DZ). I already have some issues in the DZ. I can't imagine running into groups of these people that glitched the rewards.

The easiest solution is to break up the DZ even more. There is still a huge gap in the "upper" tier.

Deku Tree

Would this work?

Load in your low level alt that hasn't done anything. Have end game friends join you. Have them start up the CM incursion but don't enter it yet. You leave, then you return with your main character. Beat CM incursion. Get loot. Then do the same thing again.

Would you get weekly rewards over and over again that way?

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Honestly the games loot system got off to such a rocky start... They need to put everyone on a level playing field and start over.

I don't mean by deleting loot.

They need to figure out how to make loot better, less frustrating, and this time make sure you can't just grind and craft everything.

While they figure this out (and for the love of god do some QA testing) they should just make super saught after weapons and gear MUCH easier to acquire. Basically make it super easy to give everyone the best gear at the moment, putting people on a level playing field.

Then next update or patch or whatever, up the highest level of gear, and implement a better loot system

I think overall the end game is/was an experiment that they are trying to figure out. As many have said here, they should do something to beef up the PvE end game while they are trying to get the DZ right. Atleast that would give people something to do. But it seems all of their efforts are spent on DZ and high level players.

I would REALLY hate to pick up the game right now and at level 10 be told to go to the DZ. Can you imagine? But Massive may not have the staff to adequately work on improving PvE, improving the end game for low level players and satisfy high level players at the same time.

I am not saying the fixes are easy, but they really need to stop taking shots in the dark and hoping for the best. I am still enjoying the game really. I am slowly making improvements to my agent, but then again I don't go in the DZ that often and that is where it seems most of the angst is.

Looking for incursion group. 11 Wave was Max with Matchmaking but people leave to fast or Troll.

So if anyone is looking for 1 guy. Here i am

Ingame Name Vana-gandar
PS4

Top Bottom