• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

cakely

I need some convincing - and fast (got an offer to buy the game for really cheap, have to make my decision ASAP). Got some questions:

1. Is the campaign worthwhile? Any cool encounters or boss fights?
2. How long is the campaign?

I have a really good group of people to play MP with, I'm just concerned about lack of time due to work. Would appreciate a quick answer if possible. Thank you! :)

Campaign is 16 missions, they're all pretty decent. They are all much better when played co-op.

You'll need to be careful to stay within a couple levels of your friends as you progress through the game. The game will adjust the levels of the bad guys upwards when a higher-level player joins your party, and once a bad guy is about four levels above you he'll feel untouchable.

I think you can casually do levels 1-30 in about 30 hours, and that includes running all the missions, the side missions, and enough encounters to unlock your base 100%.

Josh378

My character with 80% 163 gear:

TZDSY5J43Gt9X7Pc9

Getting my butt kicked in DZ06. I have the damage but my defenses so low. I don't know why. I need to work on damage migration.

Bizazedo

Gear Score was a mistake, it's nothing but trash.
As soon as I saw gearscore, I started laughing because I thought of WoW and how many lessons were learned there.

It's like Massive is obsessed with proving that they can do it better than anyone that has come before.

The fact that lower GS items can be vastly superior to higher GS items due to build complexity actually makes it worse than WoW ever was.

And you know what the worst part is? If Division craters in keeping players, they'll blame the Dark Zone, not themselves.

OK, using the mobile cover blast shield mod is definitely more damage over time than running smart cover cool down mod. The delta between smart cover and no smart cover for sticky bomb cool down is 4 seconds. You have to run 7 stickies before you save enough time where you are getting a whole extra sticky usage. Meanwhile the mobile cover explosion is constantly doing a nearly a quarter of sticky damage every 19 seconds. Not even accounting for how often it double hits, doing ~1/2 your sticky damage, I will be landing 10 mobile cover explosions by the time I get that extra sticky shot due to reduced cooldowns. I think this may even scale up for 4 man squads. Not sure as I can't test triage solo. Maybe just one team member running smart cover, the rest running mobile blast cover.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
As soon as I saw gearscore, I started laughing because I thought of WoW and how many lessons were learned there.

It's like Massive is obsessed with proving that they can do it better than anyone that has come before.

The fact that lower GS items can be vastly superior to higher GS items due to build complexity actually makes it worse than WoW ever was.

And you know what the worst part is? If Division craters in keeping players, they'll blame the Dark Zone, not themselves.

It's silly because the easy way to calculate a score that allows people to compare is by just summing up the three primary stat values. Then maybe add in some complexity by factoring survivability (like resistances) and dps affixes (like crit damage).

Deku Tree

What they could have done is really simple. Destiny does it. Leave your GS calculated the way it is now, and leave build complexity the way it is now, but also put a debuff on both your overall defense and overall damage output based upon your total GS. That way people with a higher GS are always generally more powerful than people with a lower GS. That way reducing your GS to go into DZ 0-160 is pointless because your not going to be OP in that bracket anyway.

Atkison04

So i decided to spend 45 minutes solo cheesing the hard incursion mode.

And my weekly reward was a strikers holster. And my boss drop was a.. strikers holster. And they were both a lot shittier than the gs 182 holster i was already wearing. I got what i deserved, pretty much :)

It only took you 45 minutes solo? That's not bad. Looking to try this tonight after work >.>

Tawpgun

No rollback, but a roll forward.

basically find a way to give everyone the best gear of their choice. That way everyone feels powerful and professed but also on a level playing field.

Then fix the loot for the next update.

Deku Tree

No rollback, but a roll forward.

basically find a way to give everyone the best gear of their choice. That way everyone feels powerful and professed but also on a level playing field.

Then fix the loot for the next update.

That's what they tried and failed miserably to do with the April 1.1 update.

Definity

Any guesses on how fast the hotfix goes out to nerf the exploit in CM incursion? Watched a team on twitch farm the crap out of it and grab gear and more gear over and over.

Thanks Dom for giving my buddy the M1A drop last night.

Now I just need to get 1. There's no way I'll hit 75 DZ before the reset to bug the AUG or M1A

No problem but you're joking, right? I thought you had one. I would have given to you or at least requested a 1v1 in the DZ between you and Monkey to the death for it ;-)

On the Move talent doesn't work for me in the DZ.

Against other agents, I assume? I could have sworn it did but maybe it was against AI and I didn't notice against agents bc I'm too busy rekking
or poopin' me trousers
!

Bummer. I will report this on forums bc I use this Talent all the time.

Iceman829

No problem but you're joking, right? I thought you had one. I would have given to you or at least requested a 1v1 in the DZ between you and Monkey to the death for it ;-)

Only have the M44 I crafted. I haven't had a chance to play much since the patch because of work. It helped him upgrade more anyway. He doesn't have time to min/max his guy, so anything pretty good is great for him.

FinKL

1) Get a lvl 30 Alt.
2) Clear Incursion HM on him.
3) Use this alt to invite party members. Once party members load in successfully, log off back to your main.
4) Join this party with your main.

Congrats, you now have infinite weekly rewards to CM incursion. This works with HM incursions as well if you did not clear HM on the alt yet.

You could essentially do this on your main if you haven't cleared it?

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
1) Get a lvl 30 Alt.
3) Use this alt to invite party members. Once party members load in successfully, log off back to your main.

Congrats, you now have infinite weekly rewards to CM incursion. This works with HM incursions as well if you did not clear HM on the alt yet.

fucking lol

1) Get a lvl 30 Alt.

Unfuckingreal lmfao.

Deku Tree

Are you surprised?

Wait so if you join friends who are in progress, past the first few waves or something, in the incursion in a group less than 4, then you are locked out of going into the room where they are doing the incursion... and somehow that means that you are locked out of ever starting your own incursion? How?

fr0st

Banned
Wait so if you join friends who are in progress, past the first few waves or something, in the incursion in a group less than 4, then you are locked out of going into the room where they are doing the incursion... and somehow that means that you are locked out of ever starting your own incursion? How?

is that true?
i know you get teleported over and over if your in the group thats already doing it but im not sure if you do it with another one you get locked out forever?

Wolfe

So is there a point when critical chance and crit damage isnt worth stacking anymore when using pulse? I have 50% crit chance and like 180% crit damage. [I know chance caps out at 65%. Am I hitting that ceiling with pulse? Cause I can move some gun mods around to get more range/headshot damage and give up some crit chance.

That third piece of striker gear giving 50% crit damage is absurd. My DPS skyrocketed.

Base crit cap is 60% I believe.

Is the AK-74 still viable in those rough DZ streets? I love ARs.

I'm still rocking my black market AK, works rather well.

bosseye

Gaf! Need a quick answer if possible please. Not sure if this is a bug or what.

I've been using a HE Vector, with mods I set my dps to 133k. Got a HE Lightweight M4 from the dz, so I strip off the mods from the Vector, stick them on the M4. Dps goes up to 141k...but as soon as I equip the M4, dps drops to 129k. If I unequip it, and hover cursor over it, dps numbers in green advise 141k. Equip and they drop again...

Broken? Or am I being stupid?

Is there some guide to gear optimization for DPS?

Really lost on where to go further. Am at 160k/70k/10k with 55% armor

I see people with lower GS and 180-190k/80k and 65% armor.

Use Black Market AK and M1. DPS number is not that relevant, but getting to 80k health with 65% armor would be amazing with my BM AK DPS at 160k.

I do have Striker 4 piece, 2 214GS, 2 191 GS

DasTanK

Gaf! Need a quick answer if possible please. Not sure if this is a bug or what.

I've been using a HE Vector, with mods I set my dps to 133k. Got a HE Lightweight M4 from the dz, so I strip off the mods from the Vector, stick them on the M4. Dps goes up to 141k...but as soon as I equip the M4, dps drops to 129k. If I unequip it, and hover cursor over it, dps numbers in green advise 141k. Equip and they drop again...

Broken? Or am I being stupid?

if you have a talent on the vector like brutal it'll increase your dps for everything. It counts it as being on the m4 but its really not.

ERMint13

Good.. Good.
Patch it and roll it back.

I don't think it'll happen. This is an empty threat and people on console know it. They are even saying it in the thread.

I have 45k skill power...might try it once or twice but I doubt it's really worth farming all night.

fuzzyset

What's he gonna do? Nerf crafting and drop rates some more? That'll punish those that already benefitted from those exploits!

Surely, on the backend, they have tools to analyze fights/missions for the purposes of balancing to see how much damage was done, enemies killed, etc. If Incursions are being completed and logged without any enemies dying, it's a huge red flag.

Top Bottom