• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

darkwing

That's the problem. I feel at this point now that it is really out there if it is still going on tonight I have to do it(due to DZ). I already have some issues in the DZ. I can't imagine running into groups of these people that glitched the rewards.

The easiest solution is to break up the DZ even more. There is still a huge gap in the "upper" tier.

the way gear set score is calculated right now, DZ bracket doesn't matter

Can't stop laughing at your title

CQGbbsq.jpg

stn

I need some convincing - and fast (got an offer to buy the game for really cheap, have to make my decision ASAP). Got some questions:

1. Is the campaign worthwhile? Any cool encounters or boss fights?
2. How long is the campaign?

I have a really good group of people to play MP with, I'm just concerned about lack of time due to work. Would appreciate a quick answer if possible. Thank you! :)

JohnCYQ

Would this work?

Load in your low level alt that hasn't done anything. Have end game friends join you. Have them start up the CM incursion but don't enter it yet. You leave, then you return with your main character. Beat CM incursion. Get loot. Then do the same thing again.

Would you get weekly rewards over and over again that way?

1) Get a lvl 30 Alt.
2) Clear Incursion HM on him.
3) Use this alt to invite party members. Once party members load in successfully, log off back to your main.
4) Join this party with your main.

Congrats, you now have infinite weekly rewards to CM incursion. This works with HM incursions as well if you did not clear HM on the alt yet.

cakely

Did they add extraction spawns for the DZ6 extraction site?

Just had a bunch of purple LMB spawn right before the chopper came down. This is in the 0-160 bracket btw.

That sounds completely normal to me. Nearly every time you extract the rooftop fills up with LMB guys.

fuzzyset

I need some convincing - and fast (got an offer to buy the game for really cheap, have to make my decision ASAP). Got some questions:

I have a really good group of people to play MP with, I'm just concerned about lack of time due to work. Would appreciate a quick answer if possible. Thank you! :)

1) I had a blast leveling up with friends. Campaign could be better, but the missions are pretty fun with a full group.

2) I think I hit 30 with about 40hrs played. I messed around in the DZ for a bit while leveling and definitely wasn't rushing it.

darkwing

1) Get a lvl 30 Alt.
3) Use this alt to invite party members. Once party members load in successfully, log off back to your main.

Congrats, you now have infinite weekly rewards to CM incursion. This works with HM incursions as well if you did not clear HM on the alt yet.

ay lmao

Tawpgun

I think overall the end game is/was an experiment that they are trying to figure out. As many have said here, they should do something to beef up the PvE end game while they are trying to get the DZ right. Atleast that would give people something to do. But it seems all of their efforts are spent on DZ and high level players.

I would REALLY hate to pick up the game right now and at level 10 be told to go to the DZ. Can you imagine? But Massive may not have the staff to adequately work on improving PvE, improving the end game for low level players and satisfy high level players at the same time.

I am not saying the fixes are easy, but they really need to stop taking shots in the dark and hoping for the best. I am still enjoying the game really. I am slowly making improvements to my agent, but then again I don't go in the DZ that often and that is where it seems most of the angst is.

That's because the dz is the endgame. I know some of you abhor pvp, but what else would the pve endgame entail? Next month we're getting new challenge missions and a new incursion plus new dz activities.

If you're strictly a new pve player, the game is just running challenge mode/incursion to get better gear so you can run them again easier?

I think they're balancing for players that do all the content, but even pre launch when asked if there was enough end game content they said the dz is the end game and it's different everytime.

Imo challenge mode/hard incursion should be about getting good gear to go into the dz with. Dz is where you should live to min/max your build.... In order to be best equipped for challenge incursion.

Challenge incursion is the ultimate challenge in the game. Beat it enough times to get the goat gear.

then either keep doing dz or put the game down waiting for the new stuff. There's nothing wrong with that.

People ragged on Luke Smith for saying it's ok to stop playing destiny but he was 100% right. The devs can't sustain progression for those top .1% of players. If you're socking the game that hard you're gonna reach the ceiling. The VAST majority of players won't, before the new stuff rolls in.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
[Gameplay] Collision / Mobile Cover
We’re aware of exploits using the Mobile Cover / Ballistic shield to glitch through walls.

[Gameplay] Talent / Reckless
We’re aware of the Reckless talent currently decreasing incoming damage instead of increasing it.

[Gameplay] Instant Revive Stack
We’re aware that players can get an instant revive by holding the revive animation and having a “double revive”.

randy_no__nooooo__by_nozamiarcher-d7p39s2.gif

jorma

is now taking requests
So i decided to spend 45 minutes solo cheesing the hard incursion mode.

And my weekly reward was a strikers holster. And my boss drop was a.. strikers holster. And they were both a lot shittier than the gs 182 holster i was already wearing. I got what i deserved, pretty much :)

Are there any good guides/wikis for new players? I have a lot of experience with MMOs and with Borderlands, but not online shooters, if I just jump in will things make sense to me? And are all the complaints I'm seeing here mostly just endgame stuff?

Hey, Lomax!

The game is fairly straightforward, with your character being as fluid as you want to make him, so you don't have to worry about pushing toward a character build only to find out that it sucks and having to re-roll. You can change at any time through gear changes and talent/skill re-speccing, which is free.

My general advice while playing through is:

- do not ignore upgrading your base, as getting it 100% is critical for end game. (This isn't super difficult to do.)
- everything you can do with a group, do with a group. The matchmaking is really well implemented and natural. To keep things interesting, play missions on Hard when doing this. There's not a ton of benefit for doing this while leveling beyond the fun, so don't feel obligated.
- Deconstruct your loot instead of selling it. You'll need those mats a lot more than you'll need those credits, though this is changing some. Missions give out a decent amount of credits.
- pick up cosmetics. All of them. FashionGAF, baby.

As for the complaints, a lot of those are end game. And I'd wager that a good amount are from people who genuinely like/love this game and just want to see it come out as good as it can be.

Tawpgun

So i decided to spend 45 minutes solo cheesing the hard incursion mode.

And my weekly reward was a strikers holster. And my boss drop was a.. strikers holster. And they were both a lot shittier than the gs 182 holster i was already wearing. I got what i deserved, pretty much :)
Holsters are probably the most bs item in the game. Only they can roll 3 attributes, so if you get one that rolls 2 you're shooting yourself in the foot.

JohnCYQ

That sounds completely normal to me. Nearly every time you extract the rooftop fills up with LMB guys.

Pre-1.1 there were never additional LMB spawns at that extraction, which was why it was a good spot to extract at for solo players.

Guess that wasn't intended.

fuzzyset

That's because the dz is the endgame. I know some of you abhor pvp, but what else would the pve endgame entail? Next month we're getting new challenge missions and a new incursion plus new dz activities.

If you're strictly a new pve player, the game is just running challenge mode/incursion to get better gear so you can run them again easier?

They're straddling this weird line between tiered MMO content and Diablo loot. For me personally, I enjoy the DZ, but I would love an endless Rift style mode. I started playing Diablo again on the couch with the same people I play Division with. It's really nice to just run around and kill shit while getting loot that is decent. CMs are close to this, but the Diablo loot loop is so much tighter because there's nearly 0 downtime and good loot can drop from anything not just the final boss.

Kalamari

New thing is to kick players in MM with low gear scores.

Gear Score was a mistake, it's nothing but trash.

I'm, not making it to 75 either. HE M1A continues to elude me, the AUG sounds really great too. Maybe net week will bring some good weapons.
probably not

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Striker gear is all white but the mask is green. Wonderful..

massive pls

Pre-1.1 there were never additional LMB spawns at that extraction, which was why it was a good spot to extract at for solo players.

Guess that wasn't intended.

No, there were always LMB there. That's why it was one of the more dangerous extractions for solo players. You may have just gotten lucky and hit it after someone else cleared each time.

jorma

is now taking requests
Holsters are probably the most bs item in the game. Only they can roll 3 attributes, so if you get one that rolls 2 you're shooting yourself in the foot.

yup, both holsters had 2 attributes and not even much else going for them. I don't think i'd use them even if i had any other strikers gear to equip.

Can I just pay 5 bucks to have maxed out gear? Lol this looks really bad unless Massive is going to do a massive rollback to a week ago.

Mullah88

massive pls

No, there were always LMB there. That's why it was one of the more dangerous extractions for solo players. You may have just gotten lucky and hit it after someone else cleared each time.
No, after clearing the initial 5-6 LMB on site, that was it. Post patch after clearing the initial batch, a new group appears once the extraction line is dropped making it difficult to clear again and extract

Deku Tree

1) Get a lvl 30 Alt.

Damn. Hard to defend that. Must be some pretty awful coding in the game to allow players to be able to skip the weekly lockout that easily. All they need is a simple completion check for each player to stop that from being possible.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
No, after clearing the initial 5-6 LMB on site, that was it. Post patch after clearing the initial batch, a new group appears once the extraction line is dropped making it difficult to clear again and extract

Oh, I didn't realize you were referring to a second wave.
I guess that didn't fit their pattern of having a wave of purples appear after the extraction is called.

For solo players the safest extractions continue to be the DZ05 west extraction and the DZ04 east one.

theWB27

Can I just pay 5 bucks to have maxed out gear? Lol this looks really bad unless Massive is going to do a massive rollback to a week ago.

I'd quit for forever if they rolled back anything. It would solve nothing because there'd still be players far ahead of others.

I'm not taking a weeks worth of progress being taken away from me as a fix. At and juncture.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
massive pls

No, there are the 5 yellow bars that are always there. The addition purple bars are new.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football

I really enjoyed the campaign. Full of cool encounters, but they do get a bit samey towards the end.

The campaign took me about 45 hours in doing all the side missions. If you have a group to play with, it makes the game that much more fun. The end game is more fun with a group as well.

If you want to do some extra damage solo, the blast shield mod on the mobile cover can damage the APC. Mine is hitting for 52K while my sticky does 242K

Edit: Even better, it seems to get a double hit every so often which puts it at 1/2 the damage output of the sticky.

Edit2: You can get the double hit from the mobile cover nearly every time, just place it directly behind the APC facing its bumper.

Kadin

Season Pass supply drops have arrived in the BoO at the rewards vendor.

A few stacks of consumables like water, soda, explosive bullets, etc. Also a decent looking weapon skin (Glitch - Crimson, great name btw) along with 2 of each HE material - no DZ tech.

fr0st

Banned
If you want to do some extra damage, the blast shield mod on the mobile cover can damage the APC. Mine is hitting for 52K while my sticky does 242K
More efficient to run first aid with triage talent since that shortens cool down every time someone runs in it.

j_rocca42

Season Pass supply drops have arrived in the BoO at the rewards vendor.

A few stacks of consumables like water, soda, explosive bullets, etc. Also a decent looking weapon skin (Glitch - Crimson, great name btw) along with 2 of each HE material - no DZ tech.
Nice. I'll swing by and grab that.

Kadin

Feel ashamed even asking, but how long does the incursion glitch take with 3-4 people blasting away? Are we talking 10 minutes? 30 minutes? An hour?
This depends on Skill Power. Did it with a group of 4 last night and most were in the 25k-30k range and took us about 25mins I'd say. The key is doing the First Aid drop with the skill cooldown mod. Luckily the guys I was with were cool to bs with otherwise it would have been a tad boring running back and forth spamming the sticky bomb.

How long would it take you to do solo?
I assume using the ammo cache support station is better since it reduced cool down too.

The mobile cover cool down is really quick though. The smart cover mod didn't seem to reduce my sticky cool down that much. Would need to do some maths to figure out which is more efficient.

Top Bottom