• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Deku Tree

What's he gonna do? Nerf crafting and drop rates some more? That'll punish those that already benefitted from those exploits!

What are they considering exploits exactly? Pc hacking obviously. Wall glitching? Using broken game mechanics?

In the discord it is being said that on the stream they said that they are aware of the incursion cheesing and they don't like it and they are currently thinking about possible punishments. No other comment yet.

Could be an empty threat, sure, to try to scare people away from doing the cheese. Usually hard to punish people for using in game mechanics to their own advantage in PvE.

In the discord it is being said that on the stream they said that they are aware of the incursion cheesing and they don't like it and they are currently thinking about possible punishments. No other comment yet.

Just noise. Trying to thwart players from attempting the cheese. It's a scare tactic.

fuzzyset

Could be an empty threat, sure, to try to scare people away from doing the cheese. Usually hard to punish people for using in game mechanics to their own advantage in PvE.

It's not unprecedented in online games http://www.engadget.com/2010/02/04/ensidia-temporarily-banned-for-exploits/

quest

Not Banned from OT
RIP https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivisio...u_use_the_challenge_and_incursion_glitch_you/

Natchai_Ubisoft
Using exploits is against the code of conduct, so no, it's not OK. We know that we have to act a lot more strongly towards players who use exploits, and we are working on that.

I will believe it when I see it. If they give hackers a 3 day vacation I doubt we will see strong punishment. Anything less than a roll back or perm ban is no real punishment. A week off to get a full 240 gear set is easily worth it.

f@luS

More than a member.
Finally got He sniper

Classic m1a (56k base dps) with talent prepares and deadly which doesn't need electronic so I'm good

Or

First wave m1a (61k) with some Talents I won't have because I don't so electronic

Thanks !

fuzzyset

It's a lot easier to do that to one team, that is claiming a worlds first record, than it is to do it to a huge collection of your player base that is exploiting your game because the loot system is total garbage.

Yeah, just saying "it's in game so it's fine" isn't a sure way to protect yourself. Like I said earlier, they've got to have a way to look at mission logs on their backend for balancing or "10 billion LMB guys dead in the first 3 months of launch!!!!". It'd pretty trivial to separate what a "good" incursion run looks like from a cheesed one. I'm saying this as someone who will probably do it tonight because anything more than a 3day ban is unlikely, and fuck it.

Deku Tree

Yeah, just saying "it's in game so it's fine" isn't a sure way to protect yourself. Like I said earlier, they've got to have a way to look at mission logs on their backend for balancing or "10 billion LMB guys dead in the first 3 months of launch!!!!". It'd pretty trivial to separate what a "good" incursion run looks like from a cheesed one. I'm saying this as someone who will probably do it tonight because anything more than a 3day ban is unlikely, and fuck it.

Well Hamish previously said something like "we put it in the game so we can't punish people for using it" about the BK farming glitch. So if they're gonna go back on that principle then they should at least publicly warn people of what will happen before they start changing their principles.

Releasing a broken game for $60 and then continuing to patch it into a more broken and oppressive state is against the AAA code of conduct, so no it is not ok that you had players locked out of the game for weeks on end.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
And since nobody is suppose have more than 1 piece of GS 240 atm than it wouldn't be hard to pin point who has done the exploit if they do decide to punish the exploiters/cheaters.

So that caps with pulse as well? So I basically went overboard on Critical Chance? I could definitely rework some mods to bring it down.
IIRC they stack 60% +40% off Pulse=100% Critical Rate

bjaelke

And since nobody is suppose have more than 1 piece of GS 240 atm than it wouldn't be hard to pin point who has done the exploit if they do decide to punish the exploiters/cheaters.
The weekly thing can be circumvented just by joining someone who hasn't completed it yet. Honest "mistake" if you can even call it that.

fuzzyset

The 240 gear thing is easily/accidentally encountered cause of the party leader error though.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
The weekly thing can be circumvented just by joining someone who hasn't completed it yet. Honest "mistake" if you can even call it that.
Ahhh I didn't know that I tough it was only possible with exploits at the moment so I guess that method of tracking down exploiters is out of the question than.

Welp this poor form of implementation is at fault than but I still think that they should get rid of Mobile Cover.

Where's the crit spot? Can't seem to consistently hit it.

Door on the back, below the handle. Where it says 'US army'.

I aim for the spot left of the 'U' of US and get 25% of shots to crit.

Sometimes just below the eye hole, it's not very consistent.

Player with 4 lvl 30 alts can have 4 x 240 items.

Mullah88

Haha that's the only way to get in front of this, they'll lose a lot of players but they'll save the games economy lol. Either that or keep patching and more loop holes will open up

All they need to do is make loot drop properly like they said they would from all lvl 32 named in pve and DZ and Incursion, make 4 HE's drop again from CM, unfuck the economy, and then just move the goal posts forward again. Make higher GS stuff and just push it all up again. Rolling back is going to kill this game off for a lot of ppl, cause there is no way they do that right. Unless you streamed yourself doing it, how would they prove it?

Deku Tree

geez one of my friends has 580k dps.

is that shit normal around you crazies?

That is probably a picture taken while a lot of multipliers are active. Like having the full striker set etc. your DPS goes up while in Smart Cover and other effects etc.

HoodWinked

geez one of my friends has 580k dps.

is that shit normal around you crazies?

meanginless. there are gloves that give you 9.5% crit chance for 3 bullets. where as savage gives you 13% nearly all the time. difference the useless gloves actually inflate your dps sheet while savage gloves do not affect your dps stat but does way more actual dps.

Only have the M44 I crafted. I haven't had a chance to play much since the patch because of work. It helped him upgrade more anyway. He doesn't have time to min/max his guy, so anything pretty good is great for him.

You still rek with that sniper. Both of them are dope, and actually M44 might be better for you with that one-hit-one-kill mentality!

As for grinding DZ to get that M1A and AUG, not going to happen for me either unless I stay there every second from now until tomorrow night. No worries, let's get an Incursion done instead..

HoodWinked

im thinking about how probable it would be for me to hit dz rank 75 before the blueprints cycle out. i think im 66 or was it 68. there are going to be a ton of ppl farming so it may be more difficult as well.

Wolfe

So that caps with pulse as well? So I basically went overboard on Critical Chance? I could definitely rework some mods to bring it down.

Sorry I should have clarified that I meant base crit before multipliers such as pulse. In the stat screen it caps out at 60%.

Anyone trying to run the incursion on PS4? Got a few attempts in with randoms yesterday but never managed to clear wave 4 :p

I've done 2 runs that were 20-25 mins.

600,000 sticky bomb damage yo

You don't have to do this, or need alts.

As long as the team leader is someone who has not done CM, everyone gets 240 loot.

Are you saying 600k sticky bomb damage collectively as a four person fireteam?

Or you yourself are doing 600k?

I ask cause I was under the impression that there was a hard cap at 250k for the sticky bomb.

You still rek with that sniper. Both of them are dope, and actually M44 might be better for you with that one-hit-one-kill mentality!

As for grinding DZ to get that M1A and AUG, not going to happen for me either unless I stay there every second from now until tomorrow night. No worries, let's get an Incursion done instead..

Dom, do you guys already have 4 people for the Incursion?

bjaelke

The 250k cap is from skill power alone. You can then add armor/elite damage and skill modifiers to double it.

I'm at 500k while still maintaining 175 scavenging.

nWbg5KZ.png

Wolfe

Put Neutral Lighting on. Wait for nightime and go to co-ordinates 795-2424 on the map. I love it.

So I'm on PS4 (I know you're on X1), not sure how you're using/seeing coordinates.

Was curious what you were talking about but I have no idea how to know where 795-2424 is atm.

Top Bottom