• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

fr0st

Banned
7402_tom_clancy_s_the_division_tm_2016-4-15-1-21-25.jpg

o_O. ( not my picture)

thats the striker set inflating the dps.
you can see hes in the shooting range trying to get it up.

xrnzaaas

Man I hate how Ubisoft is not in a hurry to fix all the bugs and glitches. Yesterday I had this bug in the Grand Central Station mission TWICE: https://youtu.be/QEeofAbs-Rg
The only reason why I didn't get it for the third time is because I've teleported to the group leader.
I googled this bug and it turns out people were getting it a month ago.

ChrisW

This game really needs some kind of closed beta test now for future updates, similar to what BF4 did with their CTE so that these kind of issues are hopefully happen a lot less!

It worked wonders for BF4 and really improved the game to the point that it's still one of the best FPS multiplayer games out there 3 years on

darkwing

Half the replies in this thread are just talking about cheesing the game. The state of this game is pathetic.

true, why waste time on doing other things when there is green cheese

BTW when damaging the APC besides high electronic skill, also equip every bonus dmg to armor or elites, including Pakhan, I can reach about 500k doing this

Wolfe

Lol yeah it kinda bums me out a bit but I can't fault anyone for taking advantage of it either. I admit to doing it myself once after a solid handful of attempts just to see what we'd get and to try it out for the hell of it.

Won't deny it was boring as hell though and definitely didn't feel like an accomplishment of any kind. I agree with the post above about Massive needing to utilize a beta for future content releases like this, can really help weed out issues like these.

shermas

Sorry we were in the middle of a 3 man run when you messaged me. It sucks you can't join in progress

No problem.. Found an LFG group.

Blew my PC buying and crafting electronics gear so I could get up over 40k skill. My stamina is about 25,000 when I max out skill...

Half the replies in this thread are just talking about cheesing the game. The state of this game is pathetic.

I did some daily missions, some CMs and what I got for my troubles were some gold "mods" and some drops of blues. So a regular mission, I can average ~3 blues, maybe ~2 purple if I'm lucky, and the guarantee gold drop? Probably 14/20 times it's a mod part for skill or health while the rest is like some grip for gun or some shit. Maybe an armor that's worse than what I have currently if I'm lucky. Which I can deconstruct for rad "1" crafting material.

Also ran around opening boxes for crafting and I got a lot of greens for my time. Add on top of the crafting nerf it's like a kick in the dick for the players that don't use exploits. So it's absolutely understandable that it's gone down this route.

Once again everytime I finish a mission or open a box, my usual reaction is this lol:

a05fdln.gif

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I did some daily missions, some CMs and what I got for my troubles were some gold "mods" and some drops of blues. So a regular mission, I can average ~3 blues, maybe ~2 purple if I'm lucky, and the guarantee gold drop? Probably 14/20 times it's a mod part for me while the rest is like some grip for gun or some shit. Maybe an armor that's worse than what I have currently if I'm lucky. Which I can deconstruct for rad "1" crafting material.

Also ran around opening boxes for crafting and I got a lot of greens for my time. Add on top of the crafting nerf it's like a kick in the dick for the players that don't use exploits. So it's absolutely understandable that it's gone down this route.

Once again everytime I finish a mission or open a box, my usual reaction is this lol:

a05fdln.gif

Yeah, the solution to exploiting in these kinds of games is just to make the actual content more rewarding.

-GS 240 set rare drop in darkzone
-Challenge modes drop 4 HE's
-Incursion guaranteed 191 set, medium chance for a 214, rare for 240

Boom, done. Even though exploits will be found they won't be too damaging and they won't usually be better than just playing. Doesn't take away any of the grind since most HE's are going to be shitty and crafting fuel which is a whole nother RNG-fest. I guess having some sort of pts helps too.

Nah. Just like ChrisW posted earlier, all this game needs is beta testing their new shit before they're actully rolling them out. I was so glad that I can finally come back to this game after a hiatus for a week before. This incursion update had a lot of potential and I totally enjoyed my first day. But then new exploits (which is totally expected) happened. There goes my hype. I'm done (again) with this game.

darkwing

this game is hilarious, my 214 gear is better than the 240 I got, I'd be pissed if this is the only one I will get for the week

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Trying to decide what's the best overall dps set; 4 strikers / 2 sentry, 2 strikers / 4 sentry, or 3/3.

for darkzone or CM's?

4 sentry + reckless + savage is best for DZ by far imo

for CM's 4 striker's + 2 sentry is the best since i'm going to assume 1 person in my group has 4 sentry for the free 45% damage

On an unrelated note, I absolutely love how the DZ was always touted as having the best gear, and about how supply drops will contain amazing loot. I'm not complaining about free phoenix credits and divtech but when you overhype the shit out of the DZ and supply drops, and then the best gear is just on some blueprint... shits awful man.

GazzaGSi

Thought scavenging is bugged. At one point my scavenging was at %150 and my drop variety was still crap compared to my friend that constantly get gold drops but lower scavenging than me

I think scavenging effects the quality of drop rather than upping your chances of getting HE. For example if you get a purple chest piece and the main stat is firearms, you'd get more points on the firearms stat of the item with more scavenging. Not that you'd have a better chance of a HE. That's how I thought it worked.

J-Rzez

for darkzone or CM's?

4 sentry + reckless + savage is best for DZ by far imo

for CM's 4 striker's + 2 sentry is the best since i'm going to assume 1 person in my group has 4 sentry for the free 45% damage

On an unrelated note, I absolutely love how the DZ was always touted as having the best gear, and about how supply drops will contain amazing loot. I'm not complaining about free phoenix credits and divtech but when you overhype the shit out of the DZ and supply drops, and then the best gear is just on some blueprint... shits awful man.

Yeah, my fear is they will "fix" reckless and then we're screwed.

I agree with the loot drops, they are a massive fail. This patch is just a massive disappointment. Never fear though, PC and PS4 are locked out of potentially cool content for a window iirc. : /

Trying to decide what's the best overall dps set; 4 strikers / 2 sentry, 2 strikers / 4 sentry, or 3/3.

I'm jelous your even in a position to ponder this.

Striker gear looks like the best set at the moment - followed by sentry.

Sentry armour and a balanced m1a would be a game winning combination

HMD

Oh god how unbearable is the DZ gonna get when I'm back in 2 days? I hope they do something drastic to the exploiters, or maybe even it all out and give everyone a chance at 240 gear.

I thought the cheese was bad, but now I find out you can get 240s to continuously drop from the thing too? Massive needs to disable the Incursion ASAP. The damage has been done, but it will only get worse. They also need a new DZ bracket and fast.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Yeah, my fear is they will "fix" reckless and then we're screwed.

I agree with the loot drops, they are a massive fail. This patch is just a massive disappointment. Never fear though, PC and PS4 are locked out of potentially cool content for a window iirc. : /

If they fix reckless you just go two tactician or honestly just best stat stick chest you can find + savage gloves. Sentry 4 piece is just waaaay too good in the DZ. That set is just monstrous amounts of damage, and the only reason why it isn't the damage set in pve is because everyone can theoretically benefit from the 4 piece.

I'm sitting at 2 sentry/3 striker (I haven't found much sentry) + reckless for pvp right now, but damn do I miss those savage gloves :(. I'm thinking of dumping all my armor mods for crit chance mods to make up for some of the loss, but then my armor drops from 61% to probably 56-57%. Might still be worth it though, idk.

I did the stupid incursion for like 5 hours with 170-180GS guys, we made it to near the end each time, but there was no way in hell we had the combined dps to keep those final infinite spawn waves of lmg assholes off of us, long story short we said fuck it and cheesed it, still got nothing but shit, half these 240/214/204 items are crap, yet because "gear score" you feel the need to wear it or everyone excludes you.

I bought a nice set mask pattern, but mats are impossible to farm now so it's gonna take me like a week to attempt two rng rolls which will end up being crap lol.

There's pretty much zero reason to keep playing, I don't understand how games can come out and not even attempt to mimic tested and true loot driven games like Diablo.

It really sucks, I have gotten the most enjoyment out of the PVE encounters with others, rogues in DZ I hate more than anything, but it's not even their fault, it's just stupid to make that area the only place to farm materials etc, and there's nothing to do but kill people basically.

I kinda wish the whole map was a DZ, spread things out, and give something to do once the PvE zones are cleared. The whole game just becomes empty, I log in to do the daily missions which take like an hour, and then if I'm in the mood to get my ass farmed I go into DZ until I get fed up and nope out until the next day >_<

I also envisioned the supply drops to be more than just a box with guys around it, and uh people just sorta loot it and don't care elites are there.

The incursion is stupid as fuck as well, like damn why didn't the LMB drive that badass invincible APC out in the streets and level the entire place with it's sheer might, and seemingly infinite army of soldiers and weapons!?

I think the RPG nature of it is falling off a cliff, I get three shotted, but the enemy has zomgmillionHP cus reasons. I am also not enjoying the whole harder = larger sponges routine lol

Sucks, I like the setting, the loot could have been fun, I liked how matchmaking was open for all, but they are making brutal choices and letting hacks run wild since day one have pretty much screwed anyone out of any self worth for their characters.

I read somewhere that that's what they're planning on with the second DLC. Which thankfully I didn't get the season pass because that's not attractive to me.

Oh I know what you mean, I hate DZ I just meant that since the rest of the map is essentially useless once cleared at least do something with it lol

Maximus P

The DZ was actually Ok today. Managed to bag a few 184 gs items, helped a few other guys out in the higher ends of the DZ and got invited to a few groups. There were still rouges here and there but they were dealt with quickly. I've not seen a 4+ people rouge death squad for a few days now, ever since the update. Maybe the 2 brackets really are separating the groups?

The thing that is annoying me now is being kicked from the daily's because of my relatively low GS (168). I have no problem melting level 32 elites with my level 31 Aug but people only see the gear score before I'm kicked. I'm having to start my own match making to get a game going and i seem to be matched with players that either quit out or go AFK for long periods. The exploits have created a lot of high gear scored players.

There have been some good suggestions in here to fix this-

• Flood the market with high end gear in the DZ and CMs (204+ and gear sets)
  • release higher level gear and new gear sets with next incursion making today's gear obsolete
  • beta test the hell out of next patch/updates
  • threaten to ban exploiters (I know this would be hard to do)

I love this game,i hope they manage to get back on track.

deadduck

The thing that is annoying me now is being kicked from the daily's because of my relatively low GS (168). I have no problem melting level 32 elites with my level 31 Aug but people only see the gear score before I'm kicked.

I don't get this, it's not as if a 160 player can't hold their own in CM.

We had 2 guys join the other day, one was 150 (OK), the other was 90 (wat)... As it wasn't the powerplant it was fine. He switched to a support role and it was really useful.

Oh I know what you mean, I hate DZ I just meant that since the rest of the map is essentially useless once cleared at least do something with it lol

I know right? I enjoyed the story and love the setting. That's too bad because when I free roam in the map, I see all these potentials for new missions and stuff. Adding new interiors to buildings creating new missions or extra storypoint via DLC.

We had 2 guys join the other day, one was 150 (OK), the other was 90 (wat)... As it wasn't the powerplant it was fine. He switched to a support role and it was really useful.

Nah, it's just the way some people operate. I thought the idea of displaying your GS was a bad idea because that would encourage ScoreWhores that distill all your skills to an arbitrary number and further fracture the players. It's like they're playing a meta "Fracture between Wave1 and Wave2 agents" storyline into real life lol.

Paertan

I had a GS 80 in CM Lex yesterday. He stayed back a bit to stay alive while doing as much damage as he could. No problem.

Ted

Does anyone know if assignments are only for level 30 players?

To answer my own question, they are only available for level 30 players. Not sure why. Most of the objectives are valid for sub-30 players and those that aren't could easily be amended to something appropriate, as could the reward.

Cha, them's the breaks.

Top Bottom