• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Archpath1

Easy solution, just like in the Incredibles

Once everyone is super, no one will be.

Inflate the market with gear so everyone will be OP evenly across

Then next patch will be the refresh with better gear with everyone starting kinda evenly

itxaka

Defeatist
Argh, this is horrible. Finally got a couple of HE gear that I needed like crazy and when extracting I got mowed down but a bunch of gankers with a huge gamerscore comepared to mine.

Rinse and repeat the same stuff for 1 hour. Not even sure what the hell would they do with that gear, it was obviously not good enough for them.

Bunch of wankers, that shit makes the DK suck ass.

At least I got a nomad set piece the other day.

Deku Tree

Four piece striker perk is OP. Things melt. Love it. Was gonna go 3 striker plus 3 sentry. Got enough to for that. But can't now. Striker too good.

deadduck

Dunno what to do, I have 700 saved already. I'm still on a low lvl purple sniper because nothing has come close to the raw DMG of it. I made the Tenebrea and it was shit in comparison.

If you are still on a purple it'll be worth grinding for, the damage is ridiculous in comparison.

Deku Tree

Never use shock turret or other turret when your in big 6+ Agent DZ Ultra group.
I'm looking at you Cuco.

I gain more xp a lot quicker doing DZ solo in 0-160.

Flintty

If you are still on a purple it'll be worth grinding for, the damage is ridiculous in comparison.

Current purple is 41.5k dmg equipped. The one I want to but is 10k more so it's a good upgrade. Just worried about spaffing over 800 PC on it and it turning out to be shit like the other one I got. Ah well, I think I'll just do it.

vivftp

Still farming the dark zone 161+. I was fortunate to find a good LFG group, and more importantly we wound up on a completely empty server. We've been farming for the past 7+ hours and I'm up to 72! Just a little more to go...

Originally Posted by Natchai_Ubisoft
We are working on fixing the exploit. Obviously it is against our Code of Conduct and the team is looking into what can be done in terms of punishment for those who have exploited.

Brakara

I don't get this, it's not as if a 160 player can't hold their own in CM.

We had 2 guys join the other day, one was 150 (OK), the other was 90 (wat)... As it wasn't the powerplant it was fine. He switched to a support role and it was really useful.

I usually start missions so that I can be a leader to avoid being kicked. Once, a 104 GS player joined but I didn't kick him because the rest of us could easily carry him (was Lincoln Tunnel).

I know right? I enjoyed the story and love the setting. That's too bad because when I free roam in the map, I see all these potentials for new missions and stuff. Adding new interiors to buildings creating new missions or extra storypoint via DLC.

The obvious solution is to have high level enemy mobs in the rest of the map, like in the DZ (and just have the best loot in the DZ to avoid it being barren). Because as is, there's absolutely no reason to free roam outside the DZ, and that's a shame. This would also help fresh 30s gearing up without being ganked.

bjaelke

Changed the tone a bit since yesterday.
Using exploits is against the code of conduct, so no, it's not OK.

We know that we have to act a lot more strongly towards players who use exploits, and we are working on that.

In terms of punishment, how can they know who glitched purposefully and who joined a group via matchmaking who then did the exploit but didn't partake in it.

In terms of punishment, how can they know who glitched purposefully and who joined a group via matchmaking who then did the exploit but didn't partake in it.

If he joined a glitching team and participate then took the loot, then he's certainly exploiting as well.

If he exit as soon as he saw them glitching and didn't take the loot, he's not exploiting.

It will be interesting to see if massive do anything, I'd just like to actually play the incursion lol, I CE error every time and really can't be bothered to download and install it again to try and fix it.

EL CUCO

Never use shock turret or other turret when your in big 6+ Agent DZ Ultra group.
I'm looking at you Cuco.

LOL shock turret OP. Bungo pls nerf

That was a lot of fun last night. Mega groups dont function well for farming xp because you dont get credit for the other group's kills, unless you put some kinda damage into them as well.

Eirulan

I'm sure they can find out who glitched and who did not, if they can find out how many headshots you did, how many car doors you closed, and other things.
I'm really curious what the "punishment" could be...
In my opinion, they should close the incursion asap with an emergency hotfix, fix it and open it again when they are sure it can't be cheesed.

Yeah, nerf your players instead of buffing your broke as fuck loot game. They should open the loot flood gates, let everyone have fun experimenting with builds and min/max stats. Get lots of good data about high end damage output, mitigation, user behavior, favorite stats, talents abilities, etc then take a fucking minute to analyze and test your next content update. Delay that shit by a few months, work out the bugs and fix your god damn game. This "fix the players" punishment talk is a joke.

GazzaGSi

Four piece striker perk is OP. Things melt. Love it. Was gonna go 3 striker plus 3 sentry. Got enough to for that. But can't now. Striker too good.

Currently sat with 3 pieces of striker gear, so a fourth is definitely worth it? I wasn't quite sure how it would pay off when reading the description.

Anyone on PS4 want to team up for daily warrengate CM? I'll be ready in a few minutes. Just join on me if you want.

PS4 DekuBleep

I can be on in about an hour, or if you've done it by then I could still add you and run some Lexington for phoenix creds or DZ?

Klyka

Banned
meh if they do a 3 day suspension, it's worth it

"Oh no,I already got all the loot I'd ever need and now I need to take a break from the game for 3 days oh nooooo"

Make them do zero damage in the DZ and stick their characters in there for a month >:D

phen0m24

I'm looking at you Cuco.

That was a lot of fun last night. Mega groups dont function well for farming xp because you dont get credit for the other group's kills, unless you put some kinda damage into them as well.

<3 you guys. That was mad fun. Cuco:
"See that dude clapping? Get him."
8 purple people shoot him simultaneously
"RIP"

freaking awesome. Wish there was a way to form an alliance between groups because the accidental rogue is so easy and so potentially costly. :(

Deku Tree

Originally Posted by Natchai_Ubisoft
We are working on fixing the exploit. Obviously it is against our Code of Conduct and the team is looking into what can be done in terms of punishment for those who have exploited.

Scare tactics IMO. Only thing this confirms is that the fix isn't coming until at least early next week IMO. If they ban or roll back millions of accounts that would take huge courage and very expensive. They gave three day bans to major PC cheaters using hacks and mods. And they would be very likely to make a lot of mistakes and punish a lot of people who did no exploits.

Medicated

Neo Member
meh if they do a 3 day suspension, it's worth it

If it is something simple like that totally worth it. Massive just needs to be careful if they are seriously considering punishment because if they go too extreme they will definitely lose some players for good.

I mean, they've already took our money. Does it matter if they're losing old players?
If anything, it'll only encourage new players who are actually into playing the game in a legit way to purchase the game.

Maximus P

Punishments?

I wasn't expecting that. Great news.

If the punishment is decent then it will at least put off people trying out the next inevitable expoilt that is discovered in the future.

One parts of the cheese is you can disconnect, and the game will auto reconnect to your last group, and the loot drops even if you weren't there for the kill. So say you are in a group, become aware they are cheesing, disconnect. Then when you reconnect, they have killed the APC, you get that cheese loot but you didn't participate. That alone means it will be near impossible to differentiate between willing participants in the exploit and those who didn't know any better. Idle threats trying to buy them time before they get their patch right. Based on their previous patch performance and unintended bugs and broken systems, I can see them creating 10 new exploits by rushing to patch out this one if they don't get it right.

Klyka

Banned
I'm really looking forward to the May update with new DZ stuff.

I am REALLY looking forward to seeing what the Underground expansion is like and if it will actually deliver random dungeons (as people think) or not.

Honestly, I am looking forward to ALL content updates.

And I REALLY want to go on that damn aircraft carrier!

Deku Tree

<3 you guys. That was mad fun. Cuco:
"See that dude clapping? Get him."
8 purple people shoot him simultaneously
"RIP"

freaking awesome. Wish there was a way to form an alliance between groups because the accidental rogue is so easy and so potentially costly. :(

Yeah was a lot of fun. Awesome!!! GGz!!!

ChrisW

There won't be any punishment, it's simply a way to try and scare people who haven't already done the exploit from doing it. How can they punish people for a mistake that they have made in not preventing the shield from being deployable.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Lost pretty much all interest in playing after this update.

giphy.gif

phen0m24

Yeah was a lot of fun. Awesome!!! GGz!!!
Deku I'll be on in a little bit if we can grab recently woken up Grim we could run stuff. I'm waiting for Costco to open

Edit: another funny quote last night

We go rogue (again on accident) and then 8 man shoot things. Cuco:

"We are all being reported to Bungie right now."

:)

kriskrosbbk

I'm sure they can find out who glitched and who did not, if they can find out how many headshots you did, how many car doors you closed, and other things.
I'm really curious what the "punishment" could be...
In my opinion, they should close the incursion asap with an emergency hotfix, fix it and open it again when they are sure it can't be cheesed.

THey should just put another drawer between the other two_Or kill the stupid Cover anyway noone is using it except for exploits.

Maximus P

There won't be any punishment, it's simply a way to try and scare people who haven't already done the exploit from doing it. How can they punish people for a mistake that they have made in not preventing the shield from being deployable.

This is an excuse I've seen from many gamers, many times over.

'It's not our fault the game is broken'

Or

'Everyone else is doing it....'

Unfortunately, this is a multiplayer game and people are using these exploits to become powerful and run riot in pvp areas making the game difficult for guys who have put real time into the game, even overtaking some players who have earned their gear legitimately

Eirulan

Originally Posted by Natchai_Ubisoft View Post
"We are in fact working on cheating, but it is all behind the scenes and not something we will very publicly discuss.
We are banning cheaters, permabanning as well."

... He edited this comment a few minutes after he wrote this... ;)

Edit: no he did not, was looking in the wrong thread at ubi forums.

Lost pretty much all interest in playing after this update.

giphy.gif

Same, unfortunately. Maybe a short break will do me some good.

I'll look forward to seeing where Massive is moving the goal posts to, since I'm not feeling where they're at right now.

This problem is exacerbated by the 1-month exclusivity... I'm on PSN...

I might try to get a cheese or two in to stay competitive and wait for the May update.

Considering this.

Top Bottom