• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

vivftp

lol, as soon as I post here that I'm enjoying being on an empty server in the DZ, it immediately populates with tons of players. Ah well, it was a good 8 hour run that allowed me to get this far... I can't complain

GazzaGSi

They did fuck all with regards to punishment for the BK, hornet and scarecrow farm. Can't see it for the APC cheese. BK wasn't a glitch as such, the game respawned him if you didn't kill the other mobs. Hornet and Scarecrow required a similar method as the APC with the mobile cover and no action was taken after them.

EL CUCO

<3 you guys. That was mad fun. Cuco:
"See that dude clapping? Get him."
8 purple people shoot him simultaneously
"RIP"

freaking awesome. Wish there was a way to form an alliance between groups because the accidental rogue is so easy and so potentially costly. :(
that was glorious carnage! Love how our groups randomly ran into each other in the DZ.

Pretty sure we got reported tho :D

They should also ban all the people who exploited stacking smart cover to farm CM's over and over. It is against the code of conduct to take advantage of in game bugs in an unintended way. Come on guys, play fair and get that one worthless HE Performance mod drop per day and grind mats by opening boxes. In 4 months when your squad is geared up enough to take on CM Incursion, you can earn all of that out dated loot finally!

When are they going to fix the mission not starting bug? It's absurd.

Yeah, it's been going on since day 1. It's baffling that they haven't even touch the issue after all these weeks.

They did fuck all with regards to punishment for the BK, hornet and scarecrow farm. Can't see it for the APC cheese. BK wasn't a glitch as such, the game respawned him if you didn't kill the other mobs. Hornet and Scarecrow required a similar method as the APC with the mobile cover and no action was taken after them.

BK, Hornet, Scarecrow, etc are just a faster way of earning PxC, and everyone can still catch up with exploiters by simply doing the regular activities that net PxC. Personally, I can gain PxC pretty fast by repeating CM over and over again; and I'm sure many other people can do that as well, which is a pretty legit way. While in the other hand, incursion exploit is on another whole level. Many people won't be able to finish the incursion (even on hard) if you're not glitching. And with this glitch, people can easily beat challenge mode which is ridiculous. There's a whole difficulty wall for this content, and people are bypassing it.

Tl;dr: skipping time for grind vs skipping difficulty wall

Tawpgun

Same, unfortunately. Maybe a short break will do me some good.

I'll look forward to seeing where Massive is moving the goal posts to, since I'm not feeling where they're at right now.

This problem is exacerbated by the 1-month exclusivity... I'm on PSN...

Considering this.

It's ok.

We've all beta tested their endgame. Xbone will pick up the mantle of responsibility to beta test their expansions

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Lawd.

rbghbwT.gif

Daffy Duck

Man around end of Mach I took a break from his game, and I had just reached level 30 so felt a little burnt out and wanted a break, then I read about all this going down, glitches here there and everywhere, and I'm sat here with no yellows thinking WTF do I do to get some and make myself able to even compete/join friends who have yellow gear without screwing them over.

Seems like a massive mess at the minute, am I wrong?

Sometimes I see my DPS at 260k, most times it is at 160k. I think there is some bug where it take sinto account Striker set or not?

Reached 65% armor, 70k hp at least.

4 set Striker, 3200 Firearms.

Maximus P

Man around end of Mach I took a break from his game, and I had just reached level 30 so felt a little burnt out and wanted a break, then I read about all this going down, glitches here there and everywhere, and I'm sat here with no yellows thinking WTF do I do to get some and make myself able to even compete/join friends who have yellow gear without screwing them over.

Yellows are easy to obtain now. They've just made high level yellows and gear sets hard to obtain.

Klyka

Banned
This update drove me back to destiny. Haha

I tried to get back in after reading people say stuff like "So much to do! so much new stuff!"

I booted it up and it was all stuff I had already been at, stuff I had already done before or stuff I had already seen.

I turned it off after an hour.

I don't really care about getting my light level up just for the sake of getting my light level up

GazzaGSi

BK, Hornet, Scarecrow, etc are just a faster way of earning PxC, and everyone can still catch up with exploiters by simply doing the regular activities that net PxC. Personally, I can gain PxC pretty fast by repeating CM over and over again; and I'm sure many other people can do that as well, which is a pretty legit way. While in the other hand, incursion exploit is on another whole level. Many people won't be able to finish the incursion (even on hard) if you're not glitching. And with this glitch, people can easily beat challenge mode which is ridiculous. There's a whole difficulty wall for this content, and people are bypassing it.

Tl;dr: skipping time for grind vs skipping difficulty wall

So the HE's that were dropped on the BK, hornet and scarecrow farm don't count? It wasn't just for PxC and 2 of the 3 required glitching through the door/gate no matter how tough the enemies were. If massive want to preach their code of conduct about glitching the incursion that requires the same glitch for previous exploits then the same punishment should be dealt across the board not 1 for 1 exploit and 1/none for another that required the same method.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football

I don't know about that. If you read this thread, you would think the game isn't playable at all. I do my dailies, get my HE, go to the DZ at odd hours and get my HE and kill some mobs. I do think that for people who played the game 6 hours a day are probably frustrated with things but for me, it is still fun. After the patch, my agent has geared up pretty quickly.

So for me, it isn't a complete mess, though I would like to see more changes to make the game better and more balanced.

I have Black market AK and Classic M1A

From a weapon crafting perspective I have nowhere to go until I reach rank 75 DZ. There need to be crafteable weapons that are rank 204, or am I missing them somewhere?

Daffy Duck

Yellows are easy to obtain now. They've just made high level yellows and gear sets hard to obtain.

So how do I obtain yellows now? Just roaming around the DZ? Then how do you obtain HE yellows the daily stuff?

I don't know about that. If you read this thread, you would think the game isn't playable at all. I do my dailies, get my HE, go to the DZ at odd hours and get my HE and kill some mobs. I do think that for people who played the game 6 hours a day are probably frustrated with things but for me, it is still fun. After the patch, my agent has geared up pretty quickly.

So for me, it isn't a complete mess, though I would like to see more changes to make the game better and more balanced.

So the HE's that were dropped on the BK, hornet and scarecrow farm don't count? It wasn't just for PxC and 2 of the 3 required glitching through the door/gate no matter how tough the enemies were. If massive want to preach their code of conduct about glitching the incursion that requires the same glitch for previous exploits then the same punishment should be dealt across the board not 1 for 1 exploit and 1/none for another that required the same method.

I farmed BK, but I never did Hornet and Scarecrow so I have no idea how those exploits work. I did get a Cadeceus from BK but I've already ditch the gun since forever ago. And you're missing my point, they're on a different level of exploits.

So how do I obtain yellows now? Just roaming around the DZ? Then how do you obtain HE yellows the daily stuff?

Bosses from hard mode missions will guarantee you a yellow. Farm hard mode missions until you're all set, then proceed with challenge mode. Then you'll have enough Phoenix Credit to purchase better weapons and gears from the BOO vendor. That'll be your last PvE checkpoint before going into DZ.

Deku Tree

That was quick. GS booting is a good way to get a good MM team for Warrengate CM. I like to play with everyone but lol I'm not doing Warrengate CM with your 25 GS character.

phen0m24

The game needs infusion a la Destiny. My 163 Vector has a better roll than my 182. I would rather not craft umpteen more to try to replicate it. Let me put my trash 182 into my 163. Come on massive common sense here.

Same with armor. Prolonging the grind is not content. I'm not sure I'll ever have 900+ PC to buy some of these things.

Economy kinda broken

That was quick. GS booting is a good way to get a good MM team for Warrengate CM. I like to play with everyone but lol I'm not doing Warrengate CM with your 25 GS character.

People are getting more and more well-geared. I remember Warrengate being such a drag. If it was the daily, I wouldn't do dailies.

But I booted it up yesterday with a crew of randoms, no GS kicking or anything, and we just cruised through. We got a little too cocky on the boss, but a few clutch revives kept us moving.

4 peices of sentry gear plus a high end M1A and high end scar feels awesome

I'm able to activate the headshot bonus up close on my scar which is super precise and at range easily with my M1A

I do wish I had that luck with the striker gear though!

The game needs infusion a la Destiny. My 163 Vector has a better roll than my 182. I would rather not craft umpteen more to try to replicate it. Let me put my trash 182 into my 163. Come on massive common sense here.

Same with armor. Prolonging the grind is not content. I'm not sure I'll ever have 900+ PC to buy some of these things.

Economy kinda broken
Destiny's infusion is fantastic. It's so jarring switching between both games, where in destiny you can keep upgrading items you enjoy or are attached to, but in the division, no, screw you, here's some crap HE items and set items that drop your stats but raise your GS.

Did the cheese Twice yesterday with some friends.

Why did we do it ? because it was more rewarding than doing the mission normally.

Falcon lost design is Bad, underwhelming and doesn't make me hopefull for the future content.

Still sticky bombing that APC while we're talking about things IRL was a much pleasant experience than being frustrated by the design of that mission witch is awefull.

In years of horde mode co-op with friends, it's the only one i can't get into.

Daffy Duck

I farmed BK, but I never did Hornet and Scarecrow so I have no idea how those exploits work. I did get a Cadeceus from BK but I've already ditch the gun since forever ago. And you're missing my point, they're on a different level of exploits.

Bosses from hard mode missions will guarantee you a yellow. Farm hard mode missions until you're all set, then proceed with challenge mode. Then you'll have enough Phoenix Credit to purchase better weapons and gears from the BOO vendor. That'll be your last PvE checkpoint before going into DZ.

Guaranteed drops from named enemies in the DZ and two in each DZ key chest.

High level yellows are mostly found from incursions.

Every named 30+ mob guarantees a yellow (or gear set) piece. The mobs in the DZ really like to drop gear score 163, but the CM bosses drop 182.

OK I get it now, will have to hit this game up again after the weekend and the BO3 Double XP weekend/DLC launch.

As a filthy casual on the division and someone who took a break I have to admit I feel massively alienated by this game. Seems I've shot myself in the foot not playing everday for hours.

Lima

Did the cheese Twice yesterday with some friends.

Why did we do it ? because it was more rewarding than doing the mission normally.

Falcon lost design is Bad, underwhelming and doesn't make me hopefull for the furture content.

Still sticky bombing that APC while we're talking about things IRL was a much pleasant experience than being frustrated by the design of that mission witch is awefull.

In years of horde mode co-op with friends, it's the only one i can't get into.

It's almost Prison Of Elders levels of bad. How can you miss the point of a replayable horde mode so badly?

Like randomization of the waves should be your number 1 priority.

EL CUCO

Destiny's infusion is fantastic. It's so jarring switching between both games, where in destiny you can keep upgrading items you enjoy or are attached to, but in the division, no, screw you, here's some crap HE items and set items that drop your stats but raise your GS.
How long did it take to be that way tho? After they squeezed every bit of grind and shit RNG out of us for 6 months? Lets be real, the only reason they made the Infusion system better in the first place, was to convince people to buy their gear pieces for real money.

ch4fx_

I farmed BK, but I never did Hornet and Scarecrow so I have no idea how those exploits work.

Can't speak on Scarecrow.. but Hornet involved using mobile cover to get in/out of an area you otherwise shouldn't be in (until you complete the mission). Although I certainly agree the APC cheese definitely has a MUCH MUCH higher payout, thus screwing up the current gear gap even further.

Mobile cover is single handedly fucking this game. Does anyone actually use it for anything other than exploits?

How long did it take to be that way tho? After they squeezed every bit of grind and shit RNG out of us for 6 months? Lets be real, the only reason they made the Infusion system better in the first place, was to convince people to buy their gear pieces for real money.
And that's bad? It's optional to buy or grind and the game is better for it.

Deku Tree

Originally Posted by Natchai_Ubisoft View Post
"We are in fact working on cheating, but it is all behind the scenes and not something we will very publicly discuss.
We are banning cheaters, permabanning as well."

... He edited this comment a few minutes after he wrote this... ;)

Edit: no he did not, was looking in the wrong thread at ubi forums.

1) In the past they ban first time PC PvP exploiters who go around the DZ immune to damage, with infinite bullets, and essentially infinite damage for three days. And let them keep their gear.

2) Hamish said that they can't ban people for exploiting BK farm because it was "in the game"

3) Banning people now for glitching the incursion would be changing the rules in the middle of the game IMHO.

4) Massive should take a hard look at themselves and realize that people are glitching because (1) the incursion is horribly designed. No CPs lvl 34 CM with rushing shotgunners that one shot 100K health and 65% armor mitigation player is ridiculous. APC that fires every with perfect accuracy every ten seconds is ridiculous. Their loot system is horribly broken. Their game is Massively too grindy. No infusion system sucks when you reset the GS or ilvl of weapons with each monthly update, when you have too many awful and useless RNG talents and boring generic loot. They said they didn't want to have a crafting economy anymore in their PR for the 1.1 update but they gave us a much more grindy crafting economy. LoL.

5) Going through and figuring out who exploited the incursion would be either (1) very expensive for them or (2) they would automate it and get ALOT of false positives and ban innocent people. They would be much better off spending their resources fixing the bugs in the game, the horrible broken loot system, and giving Xbox players their accounts back.

I hope either Natchai is just blowing hot air and trying to scare people off, or Massive and Ubi come to their senses before they do a mass banning and probably permanently kill off the player base of their game.

GazzaGSi

IMO an exploit is an exploit whether you skip hard content or not doesn't matter, the user is still using a glitch intentionally to benefit and reward themselves from it. That's how I see it anyway, I can see where you're coming from with regards to skipping hard content but both use the same method to farm and cheese so I think they should be treated the same as they both reward the user.

quest

Not Banned from OT
OK I get it now, will have to hit this game up again after the weekend and the BO3 Double XP weekend/DLC launch.

As a filthy casual on the division and someone who took a break I have to admit I feel massively alienated by this game. Seems I've shot myself in the foot not playing everday for hours.

It is funny I was talking to a friend and we both agreed. We not seen a game in recent memory that punishes the casual gamer and rewards the exploiters, trolls and griefers to such a degree. I blame Massive 100% for the broken economy that is so broken that the only way to make real progress is to cheat. They need to make 182 drops the minimum drop on any level 32 named. With a high chance of a set piece dropping. Massive just don't get it at all it could take 50 drops in a single slot to get a usable item and 500 to get a good item. If they upped the drop rates of the good stuff people would not feel the need to cheat to make progress. I have put in 20 hours since the patch and made 0 progress at all. I have 2 crafted set pieces but I break even because they are not nearly as good as my HE items. So I can see why people want to cheat the game is simply broken if after a patch with new gear and content people cant make progress after 20 hours.

EL CUCO

And that's bad? It's optional to buy or grind and the game is better for it.
My point is it took Bungie 6 months and MT's to make the change. Something we've all said they should do since day one of TTK.

Massive been working faster in 1 month than Bungie has in a year and a half. They'll get it right.

Deku Tree

My point is it took Bungie 6 months and MT's to make the change. Something we've all said they should do since day one of TTK.

Massive been working faster in 1 month than Bungie has in a year and a half. They'll get it right.

Division doesn't even have infusion. And all Massive talk about now is permaban of players.

Sarcasm

How do I send support tickets or something?

I have my XB1 connected and its really affecting my gameplay as I can't use the KBM really well. It is fine for the action but menu panes you are forced to use keyboard as mouse doesn't work. Map is useless.

And why I don't connect it? Well MS broke the system as when you disconnect it your PC pretty much "freezes". So you have to hard reset.

Top Bottom