• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

quest

Not Banned from OT
My point is it took Bungie 6 months and MT's to make the change. Something we've all said they should do since day one of TTK.

Massive been working faster in 1 month than Bungie has in a year and a half. They'll get it right.

Why should we assume they will get this game right? I still seen no real movement on the economy that gives me hope for the future. I would say it is worse now than it was pre-patch since you either have win the luck lotto to get a good set piece or exploit. If they are not going to roll back exploiters they need to make every single set piece blue print avaible at the BOO for 100 PC each. That would at least give everyone else a chance to kind of catch up to the exploiters. That and undo the crafting nerf so people can craft those items to catch up.

My point is it took Bungie 6 months and MT's to make the change. Something we've all said they should do since day one of TTK.

Massive been working faster in 1 month than Bungie has in a year and a half. They'll get it right.

Division doesn't even have infusion. And all Massive talk about now is permaban of players.
Even the first iteration of infusion was great, in that you could still bring items forward.

Massive is full steam ahead, but in reverse, and it's tearing their game apart from every corner. They need to cool their jets and figure out what their vision for the future is. From what we've seen so far, no they aren't going to get it right. That definitely could change, but there is no evidence to support that.

Klyka

Banned
I would like to point out that infusion only works because light level actually changes how strong your character is compared to enemies. it doesn't actually make your weapon "strnger" or "weaker" it just makes it do less/normal/more damage to enemies based on the light level.

Since gearscore in no way effects your characters strength in comparison to enemies of any level, the infusion mechanic wouldn't really work here.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The problem is just that 99% of the time, the dropped item you see is a downgrade/sidegrade. They need to fix the itemization. Well, and have more opportunities to do things in PVE.

I would like to point out that infusion only works because light level actually changes how strong your character is compared to enemies. it doesn't actually make your weapon "strnger" or "weaker" it just makes it do less/normal/more damage to enemies based on the light level.

Since gearscore in no way effects your characters strength in comparison to enemies of any level, the infusion mechanic wouldn't really work here.
Which is more to the point of how useless GS is, and their current hierarchy of pumping out new items that:

1) are almost impossible to craft given the nuke they dropped on the game economy

2) make your old gun metas irrelevant within 1-2 weeks every time they kneejerk an update that no one asked for

3) are part of a drop/reward system that gives you "end game tier" stuff that is a sidegrade or a downgrade to what you are wearing currently.

Deku Tree

Division infusion could be like this: Stats and talents are locked. Infusion keeps everything locked except it bumps all your stat ranges into the higher GS range and gives all your stats a reroll within the higher range

Sarcasm

Anyways to keep controller plugged in and tell Division to ignore it? Its pretty much makes the game unplayable. I don't want to have to restart my PC due to that bug on W10 every time I want to play Division say after DS3.

ch4fx_

As a filthy casual on the division and someone who took a break I have to admit I feel massively alienated by this game. Seems I've shot myself in the foot not playing everday for hours.

"Exploit or die"
/sarcasm

If you are looking to min/max your character, yes -- the gear options heavily favor the exploiters/"no lifers". However, at the games core, there's still fun to be had -- aka running challenge modes/DZ with friends. IMO, it's realitively easy(ish) to get geared for these activities by doing what others have suggested. So if you enjoy the game it's self, don't get down on yourself because of your gear, or because you can't run an incursion -- you aren't missing much.

Regarding the DZ -- yes, you will get grief'd by rouges at some point. When this happens, swallow your pride & admit that they've won, spawn at a check point across the map in another zone, & continue along your way. Personally, I haven't had that much of an issue with rogues, while others have -- play in a group & be smart, you should be fine.

If you're on PS4, send me a friend request. I'll be happy to help you run dailies so you can get phoenix credits/HE gear pieces & we can venture into the DZ if you feel like checking it out. I don't give a shit about how high your gear score is, or what level gear you have.. I just really like playing the game & want to help out where/when I can, so feel free to hit me up man.

DISCLAIMER - I "no lifed" this game myself, roughly 7 days played at this point. So I mean no offense to anyone when using the term, please don't take it that way.

Klyka

Banned
Division infusion could be like this: Stats and talents are locked. Infusion keeps everything locked except it bumps all your stat ranges into the higher GS range and gives all your stats a reroll within the higher range

Yep, that would be a nice idea.

Does mean that everyone will always just use their god roll weapons forever though

vivftp

75!!!

Sweet Jebus, I can't feel my fingers. I've now been playing for a solid 22 hours with a short meal break. Got my frickin' blueprints and I'm glad to finally be done the grind.

Good luck to anyone still working on it! You can do it!

Deku Tree

Yep, that would be a nice idea.

Does mean that everyone will always just use their god roll weapons forever though

IDK but you should be able to use them for longer than one month. A year would be a good amount of time to keep allowing infusion.

Klyka

Banned
I do have to echo something that has been said earlier:

It really HAS only been barely more than a month.
Massive makes a lot of changes and makes them fast. Sure, many changes were bad, butt hat doesn't mean they cna't change things towards being better.

I don't want to say I have faith, but I also can say I have not regret getting the Gold Edition yet (albeit at a low price)

Quoting for a new page.. legitimately curious.

I have never once been in a situation where I thought "using a mobile cover now will turn the tide"

Tawpgun

Nah Massive is MUCH more responsive than year 1 destiny.

But their problems seem bigger. Not only that, destiny isn't as farmable as division. Because of no lockouts those with the time and friend resources can exploit the game HARD.

Not even the loot cave was that bad. Because divisions loot cave(s) drop you the best items in the game and more importantly crafting mats which lets you make the best items in the game.

Bungie had more time to patch things like the op vex gun before too many people got it. But loot didn't get decent in the game until HoW/TTK

Deku Tree

Quoting for the new page.. legitimately curious.

Yeah since the game has a lot of cover everywhere mobile cover is pretty useless. And there are many other much better perks. And it is the root cause of the majority of current glitching in the game. Also ballistic shield. Just change those two to something else and much less cheese. Would be almost all gone.

Klyka

Banned
Yeah since the game has a lot of cover everywhere mobile cover is pretty useless. And there are many other much better perks. And it is the root cause of the majority of current glitching in the game. Also ballistic shield. Just change those two to something else and much less cheese. Would be almost all gone.

Leave my ballistic shield alone! I love tanking :(

Quoting for a new page.. legitimately curious.

There's no point in this skill beyond laying it down cross-wise in a door to bypass it, laying it down in an opened door that will close upon mission reset to bypass it, or double tapping to lay it down to enter cover into as you run straight into a door to bypass it.

So, yeah. No legit reason to have the skill.

It is outclassed universally by better skills, like Pulse. It is outclassed specifically by Smart Cover for the bonuses provided. Given the amount of places for cover in this game, even in wide open areas, like Bryant Park in the DZ, there's never been a scenario where I thought putting one right where I was would have been the answer. I'll just roll twice to the right or left and I'm bound to hit a place to use as cover.

Remove the skill entirely. Replace it with another offensive Tech-based skill.

Buff / change turrets while you're at it. Make them useful beyond placement pieces to stutter the AI.

quest

Not Banned from OT
And also because of lockouts they could patch cheeses before crazy damage was done to the economy

They could of easily shut down the incursion the second they heard of the exploit. Then got a fix for next weeks maintenance. Instead they are to busy hot fixing things that actually help the average gamer like quad HE drops a CM. Or making the incursion harder to the point they are not fun for the average gamer. I just don't get it at all they hot fix that in a couple of hours but letting 240 gear exploit go for days. Best thing UBI soft could do is what blizzard did get rid of the person in charge and get someone who understands loot based games. They should break the bank and bring in John Yang to fix this mess. At least he understands how to make a loot based game that works for the hardcore and average gamer. That and if he made a threat to punish cheaters you bet your ass people would take it seriously.

darkwing

They could of easily shut down the incursion the second they heard of the exploit. Then got a fix for next weeks maintenance. Instead they are to busy hot fixing things that actually help the average gamer like quad HE drops a CM. Or making the incursion harder to the point they are not fun for the average gamer. I just don't get it at all they hot fix that in a couple of hours but letting 240 gear exploit go for days. Best thing UBI soft could do is what blizzard did get rid of the person in charge and get someone who understands loot based games. They should break the bank and bring in John Yang to fix this mess. At least he understands how to make a loot based game that works for the hardcore and average gamer. That and if he made a threat to punish cheaters you bet your ass people would take it seriously.

yeah, they need help, it is a loot game after all, and i've only seen ilvl 204 weapons drop from CM Incursion (correct me if I'm wrong), another reason to cheese it

lol at the "threat". Just like the "Hey guys! The crafting nerf is just half the story! Wait till you see what happens next!"

Also seems that my control problem is not just me, apparently they added aim assist on and can't be turned off which is what's throwing my aim all over the place.

Youtube video of it in action

https://twitter.com/hamishbode/status/720984604593811456

Chat in DivisionGame twitch became so toxic they had to close chat IMO. LMAO.

lol @ "Toxic Chat Bot"

Deku I'll be on in a little bit if we can grab recently woken up Grim we could run stuff. I'm waiting for Costco to open

Edit: another funny quote last night

We go rogue (again on accident) and then 8 man shoot things. Cuco:

"We are all being reported to Bungie right now."

:)

With my dog at the vet's office right now, but I'll hit you guys up soon as I get home. Within the next hour or so.

Deku Tree

With my dog at the vet's office right now, but I'll hit you guys up soon as I get home. Within the next hour or so.

Deku I'll be on in a little bit if we can grab recently woken up Grim we could run stuff. I'm waiting for Costco to open

Edit: another funny quote last night

We go rogue (again on accident) and then 8 man shoot things. Cuco:

"We are all being reported to Bungie right now."

:)

Just post here and I'll see it.

ChrisW

Think I'm going to stop visiting the subreddit for this game, all it is, is a bunch of people complaining about EVERYTHING and trying to tell Massive how to build their game, puts a real downer on me when I read it and makes me enjoy the game a bit less because I start to also look for the faults mentioned.

Hopefully going to jump on tonight a do some incursion mode, this I'm going to switch up my gear a bit and try complete it the legit way, once I've completed it once without the cheese, then I'll do it with the cheese and maybe farm it or just continue to run CM Lex or HM GA

Was it ever confirmed that the dailies were being stored client side like it was suggested via the game code when they disappeared? Maybe this will force them to change it to server side so they can suspend stuff like this in the future if there is a serious problem.

Iceman829

No problem.. Found an LFG group.

Blew my PC buying and crafting electronics gear so I could get up over 40k skill. My stamina is about 25,000 when I max out skill...

Glad to hear you got some Gouda in last night. I saw your message on xbox, but my keyboard batteries died and smartglass messaging wasn't working for me. We were basically 2 1/2 manning CM since arch needs to get some electronics gear.

I had been storing a bunch of electronics gear in hopes of trying out a build with my second character. I had to pull gear off my 2 alts, but I can hit about 33k electronics and have a bunch of sticky bomb damage + gear and armor + damage

Easy solution, just like in the Incredibles

Once everyone is super, no one will be.

Inflate the market with gear so everyone will be OP evenly across

Then next patch will be the refresh with better gear with everyone starting kinda evenly

Honestly this would be the best thing they could do. Just update the game to go full Opera with everything. You can also use this time to allow characters to test how effective the gear sets and abilities are so they can adjust/tune them in the future update. Players would probably be happy as well with their Diablo 3 loot drops all over the place.

I believe I can fly!

For you guys on X1, I know Ice you are working given the timing, but otherwise I am really considering grinding DZ rank all day while working lol..

But they are ordering lunch for us today. Taco Friday. I would prefer to be eating a wheel of cheese right now at my house.

Speaking of cheese they should sell one of the Green Bay Packers cheese head hats so everyone can wear one while they shoot at the APC.

Tawpgun

While there are bigger issues in the game, I think the enemies need work also.

It's really obnoxious design when enemies using the same weapons as you have different properties. This mainly applies to shotgunners and enemies that throw grenades.

Shotgunners need their range reduced. I was at dz3 parking garage extraction and was getting sniped with significant damage from shotgunners in the sports store. That's nuts.

Grenades need a cool down also.

darkwing

Easy solution, just like in the Incredibles

Once everyone is super, no one will be.

Inflate the market with gear so everyone will be OP evenly across

Then next patch will be the refresh with better gear with everyone starting kinda evenly

I'd agree with this, have the loot drop more frequently (ala Diablo) , then fix it with the next content

would retain/bring back a lot of people

While there are bigger issues in the game, I think the enemies need work also.

It's really obnoxious design when enemies using the same weapons as you have different properties. This mainly applies to shotgunners and enemies that throw grenades.

Shotgunners need their range reduced. I was at dz3 parking garage extraction and was getting sniped with significant damage from shotgunners in the sports store. That's nuts.

Grenades need a cool down also.

Yep. Also since I'm friends with Scarecrow, I've seen him tossing out 2 turrents in a row and seeker mines within seconds apart from each other. The shotgunners are pro snipers with their magic shotguns.

It's almost Prison Of Elders levels of bad. How can you miss the point of a replayable horde mode so badly?

Like randomization of the waves should be your number 1 priority.
So true , even if you have enough armor & dps, as long as you've found a right place , the game becomes dull .

4) Massive should take a hard look at themselves and realize that people are glitching because (1) the incursion is horribly designed. No CPs lvl 34 CM with rushing shotgunners that one shot 100K health and 65% armor mitigation player is ridiculous. APC that fires every with perfect accuracy every ten seconds is ridiculous. Their loot system is horribly broken. Their game is Massively too grindy. No infusion system sucks when you reset the GS or ilvl of weapons with each monthly update, when you have too many awful and useless RNG talents and boring generic loot. They said they didn't want to have a crafting economy anymore in their PR for the 1.1 update but they gave us a much more grindy crafting economy. LoL.
Agree to the bolded, the design hasn't been tested , that much is certain.
People were looking forward to something new and innovative after having played all the other story missions to the death , and that answer is piss poor

5) Going through and figuring out who exploited the incursion would be either (1) very expensive for them or (2) they would automate it and get ALOT of false positives and ban innocent people. They would be much better off spending their resources fixing the bugs in the game, the horrible broken loot system, and giving Xbox players their accounts back.

I hope either Natchai is just blowing hot air and trying to scare people off, or Massive and Ubi come to their senses before they do a mass banning and probably permanently kill off the player base of their game.

If the process is automated , then it's bound to cause more problems. after that backpad and the deletion account problem i have no faith in such a system.
They could also count the amount of Npc killed in the incursion to determine whenever they've played normally of nor but that would just cause the player base to quit.
You're right

Hjod

Banned
It's kinda sad that they still haven't fixed the meta in this game. Everyone is going to run with the same gear set, the same weapons and so on. They need to buff LMGs and Shotguns, I would love to run around with an M249, but if I would use that I would be seriosly gimped in the DZ.

darkwing

I predict lots of cheese this weekend, since there is no word on a patch, I guess it will be next week, same situation as Burger King

But they are ordering lunch for us today. Taco Friday. I would prefer to be eating a wheel of cheese right now at my house.

Speaking of cheese they should sell one of the Green Bay Packers cheese head hats so everyone can wear one while they shoot at the APC.

You going to be on tonight though right? Can have a wine and cheese dinner party, or maybe cheesy mozzarella sticks or a double-cheeseburger.

As for early today, if anyone on X1 is interested in running some Dark Zone in about an hour or so, let me know!

EL CUCO

Why should we assume they will get this game right? I still seen no real movement on the economy that gives me hope for the future. I would say it is worse now than it was pre-patch since you either have win the luck lotto to get a good set piece or exploit. If they are not going to roll back exploiters they need to make every single set piece blue print avaible at the BOO for 100 PC each. That would at least give everyone else a chance to kind of catch up to the exploiters. That and undo the crafting nerf so people can craft those items to catch up.
I can understand how the exploiting is alarming but what can they do, other than better prevent exploits from happening in the future, without turning the economy on its head again? I doubt they're gonna roll back exploiters.

If they undo the crafting nerf, the "exploiters" will just pull away further...

I know the crafting nerf sucks, but at least I get way more HE mats than I did before and I'm swimming in Dtech more than ever now.. The update made pretty good strides forward in just a months worth of time imo. They just need to tweak the game some more. GET RID OF EXPLOITS FFS, and figure out how to implement a GS system that people can understand. Seems like alot of people get hung up on chasing GS, but at the end of the day it's still all about your stats and bonuses...and that's a problem with how Massive is presenting GS. Had a sweet 163 HE AK drop last night that was metling level 32 elites in the DZ.

Iceman829

You going to be on tonight though right? Can have a wine and cheese dinner party, or maybe cheesy mozzarella sticks or a double-cheeseburger.

As for early today, if anyone on X1 is interested in running some Dark Zone in about an hour or so, let me know!

Kraft Mac & Cheese
The Cheesiest

Rizific

Anyways to keep controller plugged in and tell Division to ignore it? Its pretty much makes the game unplayable. I don't want to have to restart my PC due to that bug on W10 every time I want to play Division say after DS3.

you talking about the bug that makes your keyboard unresponsive after connecting a controller? theres a fix out there that involves rolling back a driver, worked for me.

I can understand how the exploiting is alarming but what can they do, other than better prevent exploits from happening in the future, without turning the economy on its head again? I doubt they're gonna roll back exploiters.

If they undo the crafting nerf, the "exploiters" will just pull away further...

I know the crafting nerf sucks, but at least I get way more HE mats than I did before and I'm swimming in Dtech more than ever now.. The update made pretty good strides forward in just a months worth of time imo. They just need to tweak the game some more. GET RID OF EXPLOITS FFS, and figure out how to implement a GS system that people can understand. Seems like alot of people get hung up on chasing GS, but at the end of the day it's still all about your stats and bonuses...and that's a problem with how Massive is presenting GS. Had a sweet 163 HE AK drop last night that was metling level 32 elites in the DZ.

No they just need make it so that cheesing and exploiting is meaningless by upping the gear for the current players AND THEN take the time to fix the glitches AND introduce new gear in the next update.
People wouldn't mind the crafting nerf is there was a better way to get good gear than it is now. and No falcon lost is not the answer since it's not fun to play and badly designed.
That need to change too.

Sarcasm

you talking about the bug that makes your keyboard unresponsive after connecting a controller? theres a fix out there that involves rolling back a driver, worked for me.

Driver? This controller is basic driver that comes with OS. But yea I found the setting after digging in the configs for the game.

Klyka

Banned
Ubisofts reaction time with patching their online games needs to really improve, took them long enough with Siege.

Welcome to games being out on consoles as well.

Hell, Siege is actually a really positive example of patching, because they do patch the PC before the consoles!

Back after 12 hours, and I hear they haven't fixed the Incursion cheese yet?

Did the BP's reset? Anything good available today?

Also have 7 PM's asking about the re-roll glitch haha!

Top Bottom