• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

So basically if you're not cheesing/exploiting, you're absolutely screwed when it comes to PVP. Massive is really destroying this game by not being on top of all these exploits. They need to release a class better than HE and make sure a system is in place to keep people from exploiting this badly. It's the only way to fix the community now. They have to make everybody start from scratch so it's more balanced. I finally got myself to a level where I was competitive in PVP and now I see tons of people have far surpassed me once again by cheesing. I don't even blame those people for doing it either. When something is that easy to get, why keep yourself from getting it? Personally I'm getting tired of always playing catch-up with this game. I don't have the time to grind out max gear and because of that I'm always at a major disadvantage in the DZ.

I can understand how the exploiting is alarming but what can they do, other than better prevent exploits from happening in the future, without turning the economy on its head again? I doubt they're gonna roll back exploiters.

If they undo the crafting nerf, the "exploiters" will just pull away further...

I know the crafting nerf sucks, but at least I get way more HE mats than I did before and I'm swimming in Dtech more than ever now.. The update made pretty good strides forward in just a months worth of time imo. They just need to tweak the game some more. GET RID OF EXPLOITS FFS, and figure out how to implement a GS system that people can understand. Seems like alot of people get hung up on chasing GS, but at the end of the day it's still all about your stats and bonuses...and that's a problem with how Massive is presenting GS. Had a sweet 163 HE AK drop last night that was metling level 32 elites in the DZ.
Rolling back crafting doesn't mean less dt drops and less HE drops. Just roll back the changes they made to what is needed per item to craft. It's absolutely obnoxious what they did to blueprint requirements and deconstruction. Borderline insane, even.

Exploiters are always going to be ahead no matter what. These changes hurt casual players or new players the most. Massive needs to stop kneejerking to every little thing and actually take a look at real solutions.

Iceman829

Back after 12 hours, and I hear they haven't fixed the Incursion cheese yet?

Did the BP's reset? Anything good available today?

Also have 7 PM's asking about the re-roll glitch haha!

Still plenty of cheese to go around.

BPs would reset tonight in about 8 hrs I believe.

re-roll glitch is pretty sweet. Just I had no luck getting the right perk on my 240 GS armor so I wasted like 300k fun bucks :(

ETA 8hrs 10mins.

Thanks.

Still plenty of cheese to go around.

BPs would reset tonight in about 8 hrs I believe.

re-roll glitch is pretty sweet. Just I had no luck getting the right perk on my 240 GS armor so I wasted like 300k fun bucks :(

At least it wasn't 900k :p

there is a reroll glitch? time to investigate

Yep when you reroll a stat and see the options, just go to menu and back out. Cancels the roll, essentially. Endless rolls until you get something that isn't laughably bad.

Damn it Wes, it was my secret to tell @@#@$#@!

Re-rolling is a such a troll, why can't you design a proper re-rolling system Massive?

Iceman829

Yep when you reroll a stat and see the options, just go to menu and back out. Cancels the roll, essentially. Endless rolls until you get something that isn't laughably bad.

Hi 12% bleed resistance. Would you like 15% bleed, 21 % bleed, 10% shock or 13% shock.

No, something useful like lemon pledge please

Thanks.

It was late and I went to sleep. I'll waste more today.

Deku Tree

Don't know if this is accurate but...

Was watching Ltzonda on Twitch and someone in his chat said that

"the streamer that's on the thedivisiongame channel says that anyone who streamed the incursion glitch is getting banned lmao..not our fault they cant make a game without bugs"

Streamer on DivisionGame Twitch is currently Natchai BTW.

Banning Twitch streamers is a great way to build up the community in your game. Especially when your CMs previously said that you won't ban for exploits that you left in your game. /s. LoL

Holy moly the Division Subreddit has gone to shit. Everyone complaining about stuff, trying to be developers, while I just do my dailies, get my fix, and move on with life. Some people on there live this stuff too much.

Lnkn52

"the streamer that's on the thedivisiongame channel says that anyone who streamed the incursion glitch is getting banned lmao..not our fault they cant make a game without bugs"

Banning Twitch streamers is a great way to build up the community in your game. Especially when your CMs previously said that you won't ban for exploits that you left in your game. /s. LoL

Natchai should stream with this on his face

gjn81wvxqsq6yzcwubok.png

Deku Tree

Thanks.

Re-rolling is a such a troll, why can't you design a proper re-rolling system Massive?

Darknyss was saying last night that he was trying this and it wasn't working for him.

Olengie

wat

btw anyone rolling in full battalion outfit? i'm just missing the boots, have everything else...the helmet looks awful though

Darknyss was saying last night that he was trying this and it wasn't working for him.

Can you post a video? Just tried it and the stats are still all available but it took my credits.

it will take your credits

the cheese is that it won't make the cost go up for the next re-roll on the same item

so, you can re-roll a stat 10 times but each time it will only cost 75k

Archpath1

You select the one to roll
Check options - if crap
select one for confirm option to pop up
Then hit start to cancel out
The roll again

As long as you have money, you can keep rolling with the lowest price til you have the stat you wanted

lt519

Holy shit on the re-roll exploit. Wasted like 300k rolling a chest piece and didn't even get what I wanted.

So that also means if you get a near perfect drop or craft you can then re-roll the primary stat over and over until it maxes out.

Crazy.

First exploit I might actually use.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
btw anyone rolling in full battalion outfit? i'm just missing the boots, have everything else...the helmet looks awful though

the cheese is that it won't make the cost go up for the next re-roll on the same item

Check options - if crap
You must keep selecting the same option you did the first time
The roll again

As long as you have money, you can keep rolling with the lowest price til you have the stat you wanted

Sweet. Only have 28,000 credits now. Wish I knew this last night.

Deku Tree

Yup. Darknyss said he was trying that and the cost was going up for him. Not sure if he did something slightly different from you.

Check options - if crap
The roll again

Yeah I don't know if he did exactly that or not.

EL CUCO

Lmao. Btw going back to cool looking areas with Neutral lighting, go hit up the Broadway Emporium mission area at night, there's a large pile of crap on fire and the way it lights everything in the immediate area up is pretty rad.
Yeah Neutral lighting gives a completely different look to locations. Very cool.

lt519

Oh so it actually takes the credits, limited exploit then, things cost 70k to reroll you can just go that on all your gear going for max stats.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
It says Holster of the Nomad is available from DZ06 vendor. I don't see it apart from Knees, Gloves and Knee blueprint.

Yup. Darknyss said he was trying that and the cost was going up for him. Not sure if he did something slightly different from you.
Yeah I don't know if he did exactly that or not.
I probably wasn't doing it right. I exited out of the game when the re-roll options came up.

Deku Tree

no, I got 2 with 3 stats

Well I have two set gear holsters and both have two stats and neither of them have the ability to roll with three stats at the re-rolling station.

My HE holsters can all easily roll for a third stat if one drops with only two stats.

The1Ski

Do you guys think breaking the DZ into an "Iron Banner"-like bracket and a normalized bracket would create some balance with all the cheesing and high-hour players?

Like it's been discussed, there is a ridiculously huge disparity between top-geared players and the moderately geared players. Myself, for example, I just hit 162 gear score but I don't even have all high-end stuff, much less gear sets. For me to survive/compete/succeed in the 161+ DZ bracket is near-impossible.

If there was a DZ where damage values and armor were normalized, I, and others, would be able to play where skill and tactics are the name of the game. Not your gear values. Then there could be a DZ where your numbers are as-is and people can just wail on each other. The incentive to play in the as-is DZ would be increased drop percentages for gear sets and higher level high end.

And yes, I get that the DZ is supposed to be brutal and cut-throat but at the same time, the majority of the player base does not have a chance in hell to be productive. The DZ is obviously not intended to be safe for everyone. But having said that, there's a lot of fun stuff to do in the DZ! That is part of the endgame!

I just don't have the hours available to run the incursion multiple times and gear up. I wish I did, but I don't. Is it in the games best interest for me to be essentially gear-locked out of the DZ?

bjaelke

Well I have two set gear holsters and both have two stats and neither of them have the ability to roll with three stats at the re-rolling station.

My HE holsters can all easily roll for a third stat if one drops with only two stats.
You can only re-roll stats into other stats in the same category (Main, Major, Minor and Skill).

Top Bottom