• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

fuzzyset

Do you guys think breaking the DZ into an "Iron Banner"-like bracket and a normalized bracket would create some balance with all the cheesing and high-hour players?

Like it's been discussed, there is a ridiculously huge disparity between top-geared players and the moderately geared players. Myself, for example, I just hit 162 gear score but I don't even have all high-end stuff, much less gear sets. For me to survive/compete/succeed in the 161+ DZ bracket is near-impossible.

If there was a DZ where damage values and armor were normalized, I, and others, would be able to play where skill and tactics are the name of the game. Not your gear values. Then there could be a DZ where your numbers are as-is and people can just wail on each other. The incentive to play in the as-is DZ would be increased drop percentages for gear sets and higher level high end.

And yes, I get that the DZ is supposed to be brutal and cut-throat but at the same time, the majority of the player base does not have a chance in hell to be productive. The DZ is obviously not intended to be safe for everyone. But having said that, there's a lot of fun stuff to do in the DZ! That is part of the endgame!

I just don't have the hours available to run the incursion multiple times and gear up. I wish I did, but I don't. Is it in the games best interest for me to be essentially gear-locked out of the DZ?

They're going to need to change something. In the meantime, equip of jank pistol and it'll pull your gear score way down. Stash your good pistol, and you can enter the <160 bracket. You can still run into some beefy people (I can equip nearly all 182 gear but a level 4 sidearm and it lets me enter), but I was in the DZ for 2-3 hours yesterday and leveled in peace.

Quazar

Was going to come In here and ask if anyone wanted to cheese on Xbox 1...but a ban? That's crazy. I beat my first challenge last night. Fun stuff

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Starting to get sick of the AI shooting through walls and all these broken ablities like Overdose and One is None.

Thanks, guys. Guess I should reroll some of my secondary gear to have good skill scores.

I'll be on X1 this evening if anyone wants to cheese: Gareth Marenghi

Man... after the 1.1 it seems like it just wants to put me to the furthest server as possible. It's been like this ever since that update. Lag all over. Shooting at enemies just to have nothing show up, then they fucking teleport and ice skate around and next thing I know I'm dead. After the forth try I finally beat the mission just to get greeted with a bunch of blue parts and the gold performance part. Fuck this shit. I'm done with this. Curious in how they'll unfuck this mess.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
We tried last night to bypass the weekly restriction but it didn't work. Does all 3 in the group have to leave? Only 2 of us left while 2 stayed behind.

ch4fx_

Thanks, guys. Guess I should reroll some of my secondary gear to have good skill scores.

It's certainly doable with a low skill score, I went in at around 20k & didn't cause my team any issues.

Higher skill power just makes the process faster, it's not a necessity to actually complete it.

Wolfe

It's cosmetic, you get it from Incursion rewards.

Yeah I gathered it was clothing but didn't realize the incursion dropped it's own unique set, neat.

Does it look like LMB gear or something? Curious to see how it looks but can't find anything online (hence the pic request).

lt519

It's certainly doable with a low skill score, I went in at around 20k & didn't cause my team any issues.

Higher skill power just makes the process faster, it's not a necessity to actually complete it.

Cmon now, you dropped the teams DPS output by like 10% so every 10 cheeses they run they could have run 11 cheeses. You aren't helping maximize the cheese. At 30 minutes a cheese that's like 4-5 full cheeses a day you missed out on cheesing. Disgrace, leave GAF at once, we're better cheesers than that.

Deku Tree

Watched a team of pro mode 200 GS streamers getting rekt in the first few rounds of the CM incursion then they gave up and said lets do Darkzone lol.

CM incursion gives me those Destiny Arc Burn Solas PoE feels. No thanks. Not for me. Too much artificial cheap difficulty. Feels like it wasn't play tested tested at all. Like they designed and tested hard mode, and then just turned out all the knobs to max and called it "challenge mode".

Wonder if they will ever tune it, or if they will just move on to the next incursion in May.

We tried last night to bypass the weekly restriction but it didn't work. Does all 3 in the group have to leave? Only 2 of us left while 2 stayed behind.

No one has to leave, just make sure the host is someone who hasn't done the CM yet, and it's a fresh instance. Everyone gets the 240 drop and boss drop at the end.

Yeah I gathered it was clothing but didn't realize the incursion dropped it's own unique set, neat.

Does it look like LMB gear or something? Curious to see how it looks but can't find anything online (hence the pic request).

Yeah it looks like LMB gear. The jacket is the best one though, pants aren't too bad either...rest is meh.

No one has to leave, just make sure the host is someone who hasn't done the CM yet, and it's a fresh instance. Everyone gets the 240 drop and boss drop at the end.

After that, is the host locked out? As in, do you need a new host each time?

For the record, I have not done the CM yet.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned

Yeah it looks like LMB gear. The jacket is the best one though, pants aren't too bad either...rest is meh.

Think thats why it screwed up. I was host and gave it to someone else before we went down the ladder.

Iceman829

How do you get around the issue if everyone completed CM except for 1 player. Is he the only person that is stuck hosting or do you just refresh the instance in the same fashion people did with BK?

Klyka

Banned
Watched a team of pro mode 200 GS streamers getting rekt in the first few rounds of the CM incursion then they gave up and said lets do Darkzone lol.

CM incursion gives me those Destiny Arc Burn Solas PoE feels. No thanks. Not for me. Too much artificial cheap difficulty. Feels like it wasn't play tested tested at all. Like they designed and tested hard mode, and then just turned out all the knobs to max and called it "challenge mode".

Wonder if they will ever tune it, or if they will just move on to the next incursion in May.

i take it all 4 of them were DPS with stuff like pulse and smart cover and such?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
who says they are banning?

Multiple devs have said they need to come down harder on exploits, and that they are going to be looking into a possible way of punishing this particular one. Who knows if they'll find a meaningful and satisfactory method though. Hinted at more info during state of the game.

I don't know if I'd risk exploiting too much, they might just flag players with more than 5 pieces of 240 or something and (rightfully lol) assume anyone with such knew what they were doing and didn't bumble into 5 new CM leaders.

After that, is the host locked out? As in, do you need a new host each time?

For the record, I have not done the CM yet.

Yup, need a host that hasn't done CM every time. Alternatively, if you have an alt, you could boot the instance, invite a friend and join back on your main..

I personally have not done CM as host so I'm happy to load an instance for anyone than wants it.....on PS4.

Think thats why it screwed up. I was host and gave it to someone else before we went down the ladder.

Yup, won't work like that, must be a fresh instance.

How do you get around the issue if everyone completed CM except for 1 player. Is he the only person that is stuck hosting or do you just refresh the instance in the same fashion people did with BK?

That player needs to be the host in a fresh instance.

Hjod

Banned
Trying to do Falcon Lost with MM. Haha it's a nightmare, I haven't gotten past wave 5 yet. I need to complete the Incursion at least one time. Working all weekend so this is the only evening I an play.

Need 1 for incursion CM who hasnt done it. Psn gunawi.

I'm down if there is still room?

Kadin

This guy on reddit gets it. The players are not to blame for the existence of these exploits. And rightfully, they shouldn't be banned or whatever for using them. Obviously it's very hard to make a perfect game but this one has been riddled with exploits and glitches from day one. People can choose not to exploit of course but in a game where others are doing it, what are the majority going to do to stay relevant? They'll either adapt and do it, quit, or continue playing and slowly find themselves far, far behind.

f@luS

More than a member.
Finished my weekly hard and CM incursion. Good its weekly. So annoying. Won't do again before reset for less loots

gunawi

Trying to do Falcon Lost with MM. Haha it's a nightmare, I haven't gotten past wave 5 yet. I need to complete the Incursion at least one time. Working all weekend so this is the only evening I an play.

I'm down if there is still room?
Ok. Add me.

DasTanK

Multiple devs have said they need to come down harder on exploits, and that they are going to be looking into a possible way of punishing this particular one. Who knows if they'll find a meaningful and satisfactory method though. Hinted at more info during state of the game.

I don't know if I'd risk exploiting too much, they might just flag players with more than 5 pieces of 240 or something and (rightfully lol) assume anyone with such knew what they were doing and didn't bumble into 5 new CM leaders.

they could say "if you have 2(maybe 3) or more pieces of gear score 240 you will receive (punishment)." They could totally bluff and get people to panic and delete those pieces of gear. Pretty much have a reset but comes at a cost of only being able to pull that stunt once.

they could say "if you have 2(maybe 3) or more pieces of gear score 240 you will receive (punishment)." They could totally bluff and get people to panic and delete those pieces of gear. Pretty much have a reset but comes at a cost of only being able to pull that stunt once.

Uh no, people with 4 alts can get 4x 240 gear without cheesing.

Or even players with no alts can get 6x 240 gear by just playing with a host that has not done CM once.

Top Bottom