• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Quazar

You select the one to roll
Check options - if crap
select one for confirm option to pop up
Then hit start to cancel out
The roll again

As long as you have money, you can keep rolling with the lowest price til you have the stat you wanted

Kicked me out of screen after doing this six or so times. Lol can't even bring it up now. I'll try and log out.

Edit2 all good
Edit: says account is temporarily unavailable. Wtf

Deku Tree

When this game came out a lot of people were saying that Massive learned from Bungie's early mistakes. Now I personally feel like Massive is making several mistakes that are much worse. In particular they shouldn't be threatening their community because they made a crummy Incursion and they made the loot system 10x worse than it was before 1.1. That is on them.

Paertan

Anyone on PC wanna join for Incursion Hard Mode without glitching?

My friend is gonna be leader and he hasn't done it so extra reward in it for you.

Add Paertan on Uplay

Yup, need a host that hasn't done CM every time. Alternatively, if you have an alt, you could boot the instance, invite a friend and join back on your main..

I personally have not done CM as host so I'm happy to load an instance for anyone than wants it.....on PS4.

Nice. We could do at least two back to back tonight, if you're up for it / around.

I'm free after 5PM EST and, if possible, it would be cool to do them before the 8PM reset.

Kadin

they could say "if you have 2(maybe 3) or more pieces of gear score 240 you will receive (punishment)." They could totally bluff and get people to panic and delete those pieces of gear. Pretty much have a reset but comes at a cost of only being able to pull that stunt once.
I would think if Massive really wanted to isolate who cheesed the Incursion and who didn't, they'd have to run some type of script (or whatever) to see who actually finished the mission without finishing any of the waves. I have to believe this type of information is obtainable, right? I'm no programmer so I don't know but I would think this type of data is easily definable. Or I'm talking out of my ass...

When this game came out a lot of people were saying that Massive learned from Bungie's early mistakes. Now I personally feel like Massive is making several mistakes that are much worse. In particular they shouldn't be threatening their community because they made a crummy Incursion and they made the loot system 10x worse than it was before 1.1. That is on them.
Well said. And quite accurate.

Quazar

I would think if Massive really wanted to isolate who cheesed the Incursion and who didn't, they'd have to run some type of script (or whatever) to see who actually finished the mission without finishing any of the waves. I have to believe this type of information is obtainable, right? I'm no programmer so I don't know but I would think this type of data is easily definable. Or I'm talking out of my ass...

Depends on there data teams I guess! The question becomes it it worth there time and money?

ManCannon

Ugh why is it every time I matchmake in DZ from say a DZ1 checkpoint it'll start me a mile away at DZ3 safe house when I join a party?! Every time. :(

lt519

Bungie used to have heat map plots of where people traveled in levels so they could get a better idea of how encounters were being handled. Things like that can be done.

With the added "exploit" of being able to do it as many times as you want with other people as the host there is no real way to track this down unless they can individually track if the event was started properly or not.

Either way they won't do anything to players and I'd be surprised if they actually fixed the exploit. Why waste all that energy when they can focus on getting the May incursion right? When people are geared up enough they'll just do Falcom Lost CM legit because it'll be faster than the actual cheese. It's just posturing to scare people into not doing it. If it is taking them days to restore peoples deleted characters I'm sure it'll be much harder to roll certain characters back and they aren't going to just blanket strip everyone of the 240 gear because they won't do anything that negatively affects legit players.

DasTanK

sounds like a better idea than mine. I just hope they shower us with loot and bring back 4 HEs on CM. As well as add higher level gear drops on higher level NPCs.

Balphon

You'd think at some point they'd just address the fact that mobile cover allows players to clip through objects.

Since it's, you know, the source of most of these exploits anyway.

Alpende

I'm 99% sure I did all the missions on hard but still didn't get the trophy. It's so stupid there isn't even a way to track missions, that's a basic feature in any game.

Maximus P

This guy on reddit gets it. The players are not to blame for the existence of these exploits. And rightfully, they shouldn't be banned or whatever for using them. Obviously it's very hard to make a perfect game but this one has been riddled with exploits and glitches from day one. People can choose not to exploit of course but in a game where others are doing it, what are the majority going to do to stay relevant? They'll either adapt and do it, quit, or continue playing and slowly find themselves far, far behind.

C'mon man, this isn't an easy exploit that someone accidentally stumbled upon.You have to glitch through a wall and smash an APC for 30 minutes. People knew that this was giving them a leg up against non exploiters.

Thankfully,the people that are doing this are in a minorty.

I hope they do punish. Release level 34 gear that is obtainable in the DZ only and ban all the offenders from the DZ for a month.By the time they all get back in the 'bambis' will gank them.

but who beat it legit that many times?

I saw 220 GS players in the safe zone yesterday even before the cheese came out.

Nice. We could do at least two back to back tonight, if you're up for it / around.

I'm free after 5PM EST and, if possible, it would be cool to do them before the 8PM reset.

Yeah sure.

You'd think at some point they'd just address the fact that mobile cover allows players to clip through objects.

They've known about mobile cover for a while now. Still haven't fixed reckless even though they knew it was broken....

Iceman829

All they would have to do is disable mobile cover and the cheese is blocked. Most likely if they disable Mobile Cover they would actually delete everyone's characters by mistake.

ch4fx_

Cmon now, you dropped the teams DPS output by like 10% so every 10 cheeses they run they could have run 11 cheeses. You aren't helping maximize the cheese. At 30 minutes a cheese that's like 4-5 full cheeses a day you missed out on cheesing. Disgrace, leave GAF at once, we're better cheesers than that.

BRB, leaving GAF to go cheese the cheese in hopes of getting gear from the cheese that I just cheesed that will raise my skill power so that I may increase my chances of maximum optimized cheese while cheesing.

If I'm online when this happens, I'd like to join if you have room. I'd like to get a run, or two, in before reset.

'Destiny' Update Completely Removes Nightstalker Subclass Modifier - For Now

Just do something like that. A few people were upset but the majority of people welcomed it.

Yeah, exactly. Although players were using the shadestep glitch in trials for months and they only fixed that 2 days ago...

Mobile cover is one of least used skills anyway, it's like bottom tier of the bottom tier. No one would have cared if they had disabled that to prevent cheesing while they worked on a proper fix..

catspit

Yeah, exactly. Although players were using the shadestep glitch in trials for months and they only fixed that 2 days ago...

Mobile cover is one of least used skills anyway, it's like bottom tier of the bottom tier. No one would have cared if they had disabled that to prevent cheesing while they worked on a proper fix..

There are so many things that could be/could have been done. Taking it out on the community is the wrong way to go. Especially when the community has been so frustrated with loot drops/loot rolls and the crafting mechanics.

Balphon

'Destiny' Update Completely Removes Nightstalker Subclass Modifier - For Now

Just do something like that. A few people were upset but the majority of people welcomed it.

That may be a bit drastic in this case since it was the Quiver glitch's use in Crucible that was the main problem.

But yeah, there's a number of things they could actually do. I was commenting more on the fact that they appear to be oblivious to the fact that most of these loot progression-destroying glitches have the same root cause.

EDIT: Though I've never actually seen anyone use mobile cover to do anything other than clip through a wall, so I doubt anyone would miss it.

All they would have to do is disable mobile cover and the cheese is blocked. Most likely if they disable Mobile Cover they would actually delete everyone's characters by mistake.
Lmfao so true. This game is the coding equivalent of a piñata one strike away from bursting.

VaLiancY

So what's the best way for me to get gear? I tried running in the DZ solo and that shit ended very quickly. Matchmaking is hit or miss and then you get people with no mics.

C'mon man, this isn't an easy exploit that someone accidentally stumbled upon.You have to glitch through a wall and smash an APC for 30 minutes. People knew that this was giving them a leg up against non exploiters.

I hope they do punish. Release level 34 gear that is obtainable in the DZ only and ban all the offenders from the DZ for a month.By the time they all get back in the 'bambis' will gank them.

Not defending it, but this exploit is both very easy and already well within the game's lexicon, for lack of a better word.

I played the Incursion day of release, right after the patch went out. And the first thing we tried to do, logically, was to damage the APC. We saw that it took very minimal damage and saw that Sticky Bombs did slightly better damage.

As for the wall glitch, door glitching with mobile cover has been going on since release. It was used in Police Academy before the Hornet explosion, and from what I can tell, can still be used there. It was used in Lexington to skip a substantial amount of the mission.

So, the "how" of the method was already known, by both players and Massive. The only question was "where."

Mentok

Banned
Crafted 11 MP5Ns, ran out of materials....all were garbage compared to my Vector.....*sigh*

But on the plus side, you guys would've been proud of me as I survived my first Manhunt! Me and my buddies were wrecking the DZ last night. Got mostly TERRIBLE drops, but still I wound up with 2 pieces of Tactician armor. I'd love to try a skill build, but have NO idea what stats, weapons or talents to aim for. I played with a guy who could constantly heal, so noone could drop him. That's the kind of gear build I'd love to try out (as I feel my high crit gear is pretty decent). If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them!

Kadin

So when said group find and discovers this, then spreads it for everyone to see, can you blame others for being compelled to do it so they can stay relevant? I mean, how can you blame players for trying to do whatever they can so they can still compete and not get destroyed? People will either just play normally and eventually stop if they feel they're too far behind or adapt and do what others are doing to be on the same playing field. I'm not saying it's right, but you can't put the blame on the players when they're simply doing what the game allows.

I know exploiting is a constant subject for debate and I've been on both sides of the coin here. I'm just getting really fed up with them being so rampant in this game and I'm getting some clarity on who really is to blame for them. I hate exploiting but I'll be damned if I'm gonna let others fly ahead which might cause me to just stop all together.

Is there any legitimate way to acquire 240 gear currently? Maybe the Nomad gear in the DZ? I really don't know.

A simple solution would seemingly be to remove all 240 Gear that you can acquire from the CM Incursion from everyone's account. I doubt you could place the best four players in the world together and have them complete the current Incursion in CM with all 34 level yellow enemies.

With how Massive's handling the actual hacking cheaters on the PC version (three day ban then perm if caught again) I honestly think that all they should do is put a splash page up at login warning not to exploit and that it will be punished with a Ban, also link and show the Code of Conduct in he game. After doing this if people exploit again come down fast and hard on them since they would have been warned not to exploit.

You select the one to roll
Check options - if crap
select one for confirm option to pop up
Then hit start to cancel out
The roll again

As long as you have money, you can keep rolling with the lowest price til you have the stat you wanted

Be warry. This is glitchy as fuck. It locked me out of rolls and increased the money after going back and trying to roll it again at the base price after the game hard locked trying the second roll. So I ended up paying for two rolls without getting to pick a single one.

f@luS

More than a member.
Is warlord AF any good ? Just got one on incursion CM... It need a bit of electronic which I'm not found (ferocious unforgiving and capable )

TsuWave

forget about the cheese guys let's talk about my alleyways. the game needs more freaking alleyways so you can cut to street from street, it would make moving around faster and make chases more interesting too

Deku Tree

With how Massive's handling the actual hacking cheaters on the PC version (three day ban then perm if caught again) I honestly think that all they should do is put a splash page up at login warning not to exploit and that it will be punished with a Ban, also link and show the Code of Conduct in he game. After doing this if people exploit again come down fast and hard on them since they would have been warned not to exploit.

Does the game even have an official published "code of conduct"? I have never heard of it before today.

Originally Posted by Natchai_Ubisoft
We are working on fixing the exploit. Obviously it is against our Code of Conduct and the team is looking into what can be done in terms of punishment for those who have exploited.

Lmao well guys, you will be punishing 90+% of the community since everyone has HAD to exploit or glitch just to remain relevant, I've wasted so much time "playing legit" so if they want to ban me for glitching their stupid incursion good, fuck this game lol. There isn't anything for anyone to do anyways other than find empty DZ Tech containers and try extracting shit for crafting materials >_<

At this point they need to just spew out good items, get everyon on the same level, then next big release add new items after testing the game for fucking bugs and exploits.

bjaelke

Is there any legitimate way to acquire 240 gear currently? Maybe the Nomad gear in the DZ? I really don't know.

A simple solution would seemingly be to remove all 240 Gear that you can acquire from the CM Incursion from everyone's account. I doubt you could place the best four players in the world together and have them complete the current Incursion in CM with all 34 level yellow enemies.

You currently can only get 1 piece of 240 gear each week by completing the incursion on challenge mode. After that you get locked out and only receive the 214 dropped by the boss. However, if you join a party where the party leader has not completed his weekly incursion you also qualify for a weekly reward (again).

Incursion has been completed legitimately by a lot of people, so that would be unfair to them/us.

Kadin

Did the fix the incursion cheese? Im doing dmg with my granades but the armor bar wont move.
The APC has a ton of health/shield so depending on your Skill Power, it might take a good amount before you see the bars start to slowly darken and go away. And you're using the sticky bomb, right?

Top Bottom