• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

You currently can only get 1 piece of 240 gear each week by completing the incursion on challenge mode. After that you get locked out and only receive the 214 dropped by the boss. However, if you join a party where the party leader has not completed his weekly incursion you also qualify for a weekly reward (again).

Incursion has been completed legitimately by a lot of people, so that would be unfair to them/us.

I've completed the Incursion on Hard legitimately. I'm talking about CM Incursion only. Are you saying it has been done by a lot of folks legitimately?

The APC has a ton of health/shield so depending on your Skill Power, it might take a good amount before you see the bars start to slowly darken and go away. And you're using the sticky bomb, right?

Yeah stickybomb with bfb mod. I do around 13900 dmg a bomb.

quest

Not Banned from OT
You currently can only get 1 piece of 240 gear each week by completing the incursion on challenge mode. After that you get locked out and only receive the 214 dropped by the boss. However, if you join a party where the party leader has not completed his weekly incursion you also qualify for a weekly reward (again).

Incursion has been completed legitimately by a lot of people, so that would be unfair to them/us.

That is the perfect example of where they went off the rails with the economy. To lock out the 240 drops is just plain stupid. At a once per week rate it could take 1000 years to complete a set with good stats. I just shake my head at these developers they need to go to loot based game school. Want items to have a crap drop rate fine make sure they all roll good stats then when they drop. The reason people are exploiting it is because it really is the only way to gear up. Thanks to making 2/3 of set items having no plans and having a incredibly low drop rate. Fix the economy and the exploits will slow down. People for the most part would rather play the game and make progress than to do a boring ass exploit over and over.

bjaelke

I've completed the Incursion on Hard legitimately. I'm talking about CM Incursion only. Are you saying it has been done by a lot of folks legitimately?
A lot might be pushing it since this exploit has been there for 2 days already. But it was already completed Tuesday night by someone in this thread and I did it yesterday before trying the exploit.

cakely

I'm 99% sure I did all the missions on hard but still didn't get the trophy. It's so stupid there isn't even a way to track missions, that's a basic feature in any game.

Yep, it's pretty silly, but that's the nature of cheevos/trophies. I think on the Xbox One you can at least get a count of your progress by looking at your cheevo list.

I have have a sheet of paper with check marks for each mission on hard, each DZ extraction point, and named DZ boss kills.

The only one that remains for me to do is 20 rogue kills. I have 7 hash marks on my sheet. :)

EL CUCO

Yes. I felt peer pressured after tech and kabouter completed it.
Nice! Congrats. Haven't seen Kabouter around in a while. Wondering what his thoughts are on the current difficulty level since he was one of the few the seemed to be looking for more of a challenging activity.

f@luS

More than a member.
Is warlord AF any good ? Just got one on incursion CM... It need a bit of electronic which I'm not found (ferocious unforgiving and capable )
Quoting myself. Tried on shooting range it's good but I feel like my vector is better and I have 35% crit on vector with this weapon I have 18%

So much for new end gun :eek:

Deku Tree

Nice! Congrats. Haven't seen Kabouter around in a while. Wondering what his thoughts are on the current difficulty level since he was one of the few the seemed to be looking for more of a challenging activity.

Kabouter quit the game. Think Kabouter said didn't like how buggy and exploitable the game is. Massive coding failure. Didn't want to have to exploit bugs to keep up.

EL CUCO

Not that I don't believe you but at this point I'd have to see video evidence to completely buy into anyone claiming to have completed the CM Incursion.
Inigo from StreamerHouse has completed multiple times. Today they had a pretty rough few starts but they eventually locked it down and finished it. Took them almost 2 hrs today. I saw them complete it in less time yesterday.

Deku Tree

Not that I don't believe you but at this point I'd have to see video evidence to completely buy into anyone claiming to have completed the CM Incursion.

If you are really hardcore and have poop socked the game, and deeply understand all the games upgrade systems, and min maxed all your stats to a crazy extent by grinding for days and days, then those are the kind of players who can complete the CM incursion.

ch4fx_

What is poop socking, it's r referenced a lot recently.

I was curious as well, & the internet told me..

"An insult used to refer to an obsessive MMORPG player who gains an unusually high number of levels in one day."

Or...

"Defacating into a sock in order to avoid having to get up from your computer to use the toilet. Often utilized when playing online role playing games."

If you are really hardcore and have poop socked the game, and deeply understand all the games upgrade systems, and min maxed all your stats to a crazy extent by grinding for days and days, then those are the kind of players who can complete the CM incursion.

My current goal is to get a character to 200K+ DPS, 100K+ Health w/ armor mitigation at max and all Talents on weapons active. I play too much as is but I'm close.

the fuck? players had done it within hours of the update...

there were multiple streams on youtube and twitch

Congrats to the players who have done it legitimately and as intended then. I don't keep up with what every player/group has accomplished in The Division or have the time to.

EL CUCO

Kabouter quit the game. Think Kabouter said didn't like how buggy and exploitable the game is. Massive coding failure. Didn't want to have to exploit bugs to keep up.
I mean, isn't this who challenging is for thou? People that have taken the time to have the right build, skill, understanding, and teamwork to beat this type of content? It shouldn't be easy.

I can see why hardcore players like Kabouter might wanna quit the game since his and other's hard earned achievements are being pooped on by exploits :/

pip77

You select the one to roll
Check options - if crap
select one for confirm option to pop up
Then hit start to cancel out
The roll again

As long as you have money, you can keep rolling with the lowest price til you have the stat you wanted

Will try this when I get home. Bless you.

Deku Tree

I mean, isn't this who challenging is for thou? People that have taken the time to have the right build, skill, understanding, and teamwork to beat this type of content? It shouldn't be easy.

Bungie toned down the difficulty of PoE Skolas Arc Burn. They had too if they wanted people to keep playing. Massive should do the same with their CM Incursion. Looks like cheap, lazy, artificial and boring difficulty IMHO.

Feels like they designed the Hard Mode incursion and then just turned up all the difficulty knobs to Max without testing it.

Kadin

So what are everyone's thoughts between selling or dismantling their excess gear/weapons? I had 1.6m credits prior to 1.1 and I'm now down to 20k due to some pretty bad rolls on set items and some HE pieces. I would always dismantle prior to the patch but now that the requirements are so high, I'm almost turned off of even considering to craft stuff. I'm still doing that but starting to think I might just sell off everything since money is definitely needed more now.

lt519

Bungie toned down the difficulty of PoE Skolas Arc Burn. They had too if they wanted people to keep playing. Massive should do the same with their CM Incursion. Looks like cheap, lazy, artificial and boring difficulty IMHO.

Feels like they designed the Hard Mode incursion and then just turned up all the difficulty knobs to Max without testing it.

Difference is that people still have Hard Mode incursion to play which is actually pretty fair and tough for people that are under or even geared. PoE didn't have difficulties for Skolas, so they had to do something. If there was only one incursion difficulty I agree but I have no problem with Challenging being super hard and something to work towards. Much like the Raids in Destiny like KF with Normal and Hard being drastically more difficult on the Oryx fight.

Whether the encounter is fun and the fact that it is all artificial difficulty is another story though...

Deku Tree

Difference is that people still have Hard Mode incursion to play which is actually pretty fair and tough for people that are under or even geared. PoE didn't have difficulties for Skolas, so they had to do something. If there was only one incursion difficulty I agree but I have no problem with Challenging being super hard and something to work towards. Much like the Raids in Destiny like KF with Normal and Hard being drastically more difficult on the Oryx fight.

Whether the encounter is fun and the fact that it is all artificial difficulty is another story though...

Oh PoE had lvl 28, lvl 32, lvl 34 and lvl 35 difficulties. Much more than hard and challenging.

You could make the same argument about lvl 35 Skolas as you have made about challenging.

Challenging is not "super hard". It's ridiculous on a whole nother level.

lt519

Oh PoE had lvl 28, lvl 32, lvl 34 and lvl 35 difficulties. Much more than hard and challenging.

But only one level with Skolas with the end game gear. You couldn't get a Dregs promise from level 34. In Division at least you can get a lower level gear set from the Hard Mode to slowly progress to a build that can beat the Challenge Mode. Skolas was just a punishing end game at that point. Challenge Mode may seem like that now but if people took the time to get full gear sets from HM and blue prints I'm sure they could take on Challenge Mode eventually.

We're two days out from the patch, it should be ridiculous because we should all be playing Hard Mode to gear up just like Destiny does with Normal and Hard raids. Someone that jumped straight into a Hard raid without having done Normal would get squashed too.

There was no real way to work up to Skolas beyond getting etheric light and getting your snipers to max level and even then it was nuts. If we all played Hard Mode incursion and got gear sets, worked our way there, and it was still silly hard then yeah it should be toned down. But nobody ever gave it that chance. People trying it now with maxed out sets aren't even trying to run builds/strategies. Probably a bunch of strikers running around trying to out DPS everything. Seen videos of Tacticians, etc, working together to beat it.

Deku Tree

But only one level with Skolas with the end game gear. You couldn't get a Dregs promise from level 34. In Division at least you can get a lower level gear set from the Hard Mode to slowly progress to a build that can beat the Challenge Mode. Skolas was just a punishing end game at that point. Challenge Mode may seem like that now but if people took the time to get full gear sets from HM and blue prints I'm sure they could take on Challenge Mode eventually.

This is not true. End game gear could get from lvl 34 and lvl 32. Could get PoE exotic bounties from lvl 34 too.

A lot of people have full gear sets from hard mode and challenge mode is still ridiculous

HoodWinked

I would think if Massive really wanted to isolate who cheesed the Incursion and who didn't, they'd have to run some type of script (or whatever) to see who actually finished the mission without finishing any of the waves. I have to believe this type of information is obtainable, right? I'm no programmer so I don't know but I would think this type of data is easily definable. Or I'm talking out of my ass...

With massives qa on testing code it probably would ban legit players and give cheaters free loot

Top Bottom