• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

That doesn't look very fun.

It's horrible, my group did it over and over for challenging mode and kept getting overwhelmed near the last waves, since doing this shit a hundred times and praying for 1 drop worth a damn with proper rolls we said fuck it and glitched it and will likely never return, it's a pointless waste of time glitched or legit sadly.

lt519

This is not true. End game gear could get from lvl 34 and lvl 32. Could get PoE exotic bounties from lvl 34 too.

A lot of people have full gear sets from hard mode and challenge mode is still ridiculous

Well you could only get the legendary 331 weapons from Skolas. True about the exotics.

My point was really about there only being one Skolas encounter. At least there are two encounters for the Incursion. See my post above though, I really think it's probably a fair fight once geared up.

Remember when everyone cheesed Crota's End bridge section and complained about the raid being so easy. Then they fixed the cheese and tons of groups couldn't even get past that part. Same thing with the Incursion. People are just cheesing to gear up and just really aren't good when faced with a real challenge.

Personally I haven't cheesed and our group is looking forward to progressing to where we can tackle challenge mode. Judging we beat Hard Mode blind within 2 hours and most of us had 2-3 iLvl 31 items tops we think we can do challenge eventually.

For the sake of science, tried me a solo HM Incursion cheese before. Had a decent skill build but nothing like the guys speeding through it. Took me 50 minutes.

Got a Striker's holster, the 3rd piece in that set I've received from Incursion so far and my 5th piece overall. Pretty lucky, will be running 4x Striker and 2x Sentry's now!

VE3TRO had to sign off for a bit, tell Sly and them my bad. I'll be back after finishing some work.

Klyka

Banned
My favorite thing is that no one is actually using healers or supports or tanks, everyone is just all MUST HAVE MAXIMUM DPS AT ALL TIMES AAAAAARGGGGHHH and then have to use exploits to get their precious items cause they can't beat the CM incursion.

Deku Tree

Well you could only get the legendary 331 weapons from Skolas. True about the exotics.

My point was really about there only being one Skolas encounter. At least there are two encounters for the Incursion. See my post above though, I really think it's probably a fair fight once geared up.

Remember when everyone cheesed Crota's End bridge section and complained about the raid being so easy. Then they fixed the cheese and tons of groups couldn't even get past that part. Same thing with the Incursion. People are just cheesing to gear up and just really aren't good when faced with a real challenge.

Personally I haven't cheesed and our group is looking forward to progressing to where we can tackle challenge mode. Judging we beat Hard Mode blind within 2 hours and most of us had 2-3 iLvl 31 items tops we think we can do challenge eventually.

The power level of exotics during the PoE era was 365, not 331. Skolas dropped the PoE elemental primaries with about a 15% drop rate. You could also get a unique ship from the Skolas treasure chest. That was it for unique drops.

Your guns could reach max level with infusion. Even your VoG and Crota elemental primaries. The PoE primaries were horrible anyway. No one used them if they knew better

I never cheesed the Crota end bridge, unless the group insisted. Our Team WIPE was recking the Crota end raid.

I love difficult video game encounters and I totally disagree that the difficulty of CM is fair once your on level. I think it's ridiculous and not worth my time so I'm not gonna try. And I don't like the lack of checkpoints.

Deku Tree

There was no real way to work up to Skolas beyond getting etheric light and getting your snipers to max level and even then it was nuts. If we all played Hard Mode incursion and got gear sets, worked our way there, and it was still silly hard then yeah it should be toned down. But nobody ever gave it that chance. People trying it now with maxed out sets aren't even trying to run builds/strategies. Probably a bunch of strikers running around trying to out DPS everything. Seen videos of Tacticians, etc, working together to beat it.

We already know that CM incursion is like this. Division has no lockouts (none that can't be worked around) so people already have all the gear. People already have all the builds lol. This is what I have been saying.

Yes people can beat it. And people also bear arc burn Skolas. But neither one was worth it IMHO.

Tawpgun

My favorite thing is that no one is actually using healers or supports or tanks, everyone is just all MUST HAVE MAXIMUM DPS AT ALL TIMES AAAAAARGGGGHHH and then have to use exploits to get their precious items cause they can't beat the CM incursion.
Probably because of the dark zone. Dps reigns supreme in pvp

fuzzyset

Has anyone played around the Robust talent on chest pieces? It gives +45% armor while in cover. Easily put me to the cap without any +armor pieces. I had an Elec piece drop in DZ so I through together a Caduceus build real quick. Between that and Smart Cover, I was basically invincible while constantly pumping out skills. I was doing pretty solid damage.

I went from being frustrated to slowly beginning to enjoy watching massive torpedo their own game into the depths. I hope they get this turned around but this has blasted past absurdity and has began to manifest in hilarity.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I love how it took them 4 hours to destroy challenge mode 3-4 HE drops, yet it's been days and they still haven't deployed a hotfix to mobile cover or sticky bomb affecting the APC.

edit: speak of the devil

anyone wanna last minute cheese on PC lol?

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Only day off and they're shutting down the server? WHY.

For how long it's going to be down?

quest

Not Banned from OT

With how gear is handled in this game I can see why people would be max DPS. It works in almost every mode in the game. With such limited storage space and how hard gear is to come by I can see why there is limited number of support players. If they gave people more storage and had reasonable drop rates people would have multiple sets of gear to handle each mode. It is just another failure of the worst in game economy since Vanilla D3.

My group had a dedicated healer lol, she had over 50k electronics too /shrug.

Considering I missed out on all the earlier farming and exploits and get rogue farmed every second I am in DZ I don't feel too bad getting 2 decent items from a glitch =/

The game is broken, I am out farming mats in DZ so I can craft stuff maybe in a week or so since you get piss all for breaking things down etc.

I want to play legit and be able to have fun but every choice Massive makes seems to fuck everyone that was playing fair =(

SkylineRKR

Well, Crota's End was badly designed. Bungie kept fireteams underleveled for it, which made it a gear check. Especially insta oversoul in HM was a dick move on top of that, I thought. The salt during Dark Below was real, lots of players quit the game. It wasn't much different from the complaints about Incursions currently. Also VoG was full of glitches and the random teleports caused lots of grief too (I applauded this, I was fucking sick of being the runner all the time).

Give it time, who knows players come up with proper builds to tackle those challenges quite effortlessly.

But I do have to say Massive seems to be in a bigger bind than Bungie ever did. The issues here are completely glaring, and they gave hardcore players a huge ass headstart which completely ruins the PvP. I was sort of slow, I became 30 after BK and PC was fixed. Then I was Challenge proof after Hornet was fixed. Missing these 2 exploits means I have much less materials which means the nerf hit me like a truck. It also means DZ leveling is more tedious as i'm consistently out geared. Destiny doesn't have a DZ, you could get the best weapons everywhere and the best gear from just Normal mode.

TsuWave

i guess the server shutdown is for a fix? better late than never, i'm guessing the number of people with 240 pieces let alone complete 240 sets is still pretty low when all is said and done so it should not be much of a problem in the DZ moving forward.

feel bad for the players unlucky enough to end up in a lobby with said players that have complete 240 gear sets

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

Considering I missed out on all the earlier farming and exploits and get rogue farmed every second I am in DZ I don't feel too bad getting 2 decent items from a glitch =/

The game is broken, I am out farming mats in DZ so I can craft stuff maybe in a week or so since you get piss all for breaking things down etc.

I want to play legit and be able to have fun but every choice Massive makes seems to fuck everyone that was playing fair =(

Don't the majority of skills cap out at 40k skillpower?

That's one of my biggest issues with the game, they decided to be lazy and just flat out hard cap many skills (arbitrarily in some cases...) instead of taking the time to scale them properly. So we end up with hard-capped skills, but some absurd headshot-dmg/crit-dmg/firearms scaling that will keep climbing significantly with more gear (especially since everything seems multiplicative in this game too).

bjaelke

Server shutdown in like 50ish minutes? I didnt know there's gonna be a patch today.

That's because they haven't announced anything. People speculating that it's a hotfix for the Incursion glitch. I believe it's the only way they can change vendor blue prints without breaking the game.

That's one of my biggest issues with the game, they decided to be lazy and just flat out hard cap many skills (arbitrarily in some cases...) instead of taking the time to scale them properly. So we end up with hard-capped skills, but some absurd headshot-dmg/crit-dmg/firearms scaling that will keep climbing significantly with more gear (especially since everything seems multiplicative in this game too).

Damn I didn't know that, she could have pumped more into stamina =/

SkylineRKR

Yeah. This is why I gave up on a skill build. It doesn't seem to be worth it right now. A capped sticky bomb every now and then seems to be less useful than insanely high SMG crit damage you can pump out on a consistent basis. It also doesn't seem worth it to ignore SMG, I went back to it because its just more efficient whatever I tried.

lt519

We already know that CM incursion is like this. Division has no lockouts (none that can't be worked around) so people already have all the gear. People already have all the builds lol. This is what I have been saying.

Yes people can beat it. And people also bear arc burn Skolas. But neither one was worth it IMHO.

But people at least have a version of it that is beatable in Division. There was no version of Skolas worth playing until they nerfed it because there was only the one version. That's the difference. Why should they nerf Challenge Mode? There's a lower difficulty for people that don't want it to be that hard. Boohoo if you can't get the best gear because you can't beat Challenge Mode. I gave up on ToO gear during HoW because I wasn't good at PvP and I've given up on Dark Zone gear because I'll never put in the time to level up there. I'm not calling for nerfs to those modes or for the gear to be made available other ways. That's your decision, but it shouldn't be nerfed because there is already a nerfed version of it called Hard Mode.

Fine if you don't want to play it; I'll probably come to the same conclusion after we beat our heads against the wall of a bad encounter design. But why nerf something that already has an easier mode when some people do enjoy the challenge?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I think skillpower builds are really awesome, it's just gotta be a hybrid build more than anything. You get anywhere from 25k-40k in electronics and then you focus on firearms or stam like most others. Getting that huge pulse boost is absolutely amazing (even just for solo play), same with smart cover.

It's also a shame that heal is basically mandatory; I feel it would have been really awesome if the tactician set 4 piece gave you a third skill slot for free. Hell, in the future they should consider just giving the medical heal skill as a baseline skill that doesn't count as one of your two choices. There's a lot of cool skill variety in that second slot but the heal hampers build diversity a lot.

That's because they haven't announced anything. People speculating that it's a hotfix for the Incursion glitch. I believe it's the only way they can change vendor blue prints without breaking the game.

That would actually be amazing. The explosion on reddit or the like... holy shit I want this to happen. Take the servers down, don't even fix the glitch, just swap the blueprints of the two best weapons in the game that are behind a grind wall and were only offered in the first week.

SkylineRKR

I think skillpower builds are really awesome, it's just gotta be a hybrid build more than anything. You get anywhere from 25k-40k in electronics and then you focus on firearms or stam like most others. Getting that huge pulse boost is absolutely amazing (even just for solo play), same with smart cover.

It's also a shame that heal is basically mandatory; I feel it would have been really awesome if the tactician set 4 piece gave you a third skill slot for free. Hell, in the future they should consider just giving the medical heal skill as a baseline skill that doesn't count as one of your two choices. There's a lot of cool skill variety in that second slot but the heal hampers build diversity a lot.

Also true. I never run without heal. So I basically have 1 skill to choose from. I can't imagine playing end game content without heal. Its borderline impossible.

bjaelke

Here is the list of changes that will be implemented with the hotfix on April 15:
Falcon Lost

Fixed an exploit where players could attack the APC without triggering new waves of NPC
Fixed a bug where the Weekly Reward for Falcon Lost was not granted correctly

Missing characters

Fixed a bug on Xbox One where players could no longer see their characters. Please note that in order to fix this issue, we restored the account data of the affected players to that of April 12, 12pm CEST | 6am EDT | 3am PDT
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1434010-Changelog-April-15-2016-Maintenance?

Deku Tree

But people at least have a version of it that is beatable in Division. There was no version of Skolas worth playing until they nerfed it because there was only the one version. That's the difference. Why should they nerf Challenge Mode? There's a lower difficulty for people that don't want it to be that hard. Boohoo if you can't get the best gear because you can't beat Challenge Mode. I gave up on ToO gear during HoW because I wasn't good at PvP and I've given up on Dark Zone gear because I'll never put in the time to level up there. I'm not calling for nerfs to those modes or for the gear to be made available other ways. That's your decision, but it shouldn't be nerfed because there is already a nerfed version of it called Hard Mode.

Fine if you don't want to play it; I'll probably come to the same conclusion after we beat our heads against the wall of a bad encounter design. But why nerf something that already has an easier mode when some people do enjoy the challenge?

You have the right to your opinion. I disagree. As I've said, I think that the Challenge mode incursion is bad encounter design, and bad video game design. It's not just that it's "too hard" as I have already explained.

Outside of taking out the Bullet King a couple of times to get some of the last Phoenix credits I needed to make a Vector way back when, I haven't exploited any of the other glitches (tempted as though I may have been). Since then, it's been a really nice gradual ramp up with my character. Two weeks ago, the Warrengate Powerplant seemed impossible for my group of four. We couldn't get past the timed part. Last night, after incremental gear improvements from Hard mode boss drops and the easier challenging dailies, we were able to clear that section with 3:30 left. Got downed once on the boss wave before beating it. Made it to wave 12 on the Incursion hard mode and it seems like it's only a matter of time before we beat that too...

All that to say, I'm still enjoying my time...hope that feeling isn't lost when we finally decide to hit the Dark Zone for more than a few minutes.

Kadin

Glad to see the X1 users are finally getting their characters restored. I wasn't hit by that nasty bug but man would I be pissed.

Eh.

I decided to not do the cheese, and instead focus on getting the Sentry's Call gear set. I'm going to start with the blueprints at the Base, so I have to run a Challenge mission 11 times to be able to afford it. Hah! That's assuming I don't have any Phoenix Credits.

TsuWave

i played with some idiots today that couldn't even do hard incursion without cheese and they all had really high gear score. no healing, no anything, just DPS machines, i was trying to explain it to them how to play/do it since i've completed it a few times with my regular group and they just didn't want to hear it "our GS and DPS is high enough so we do what we want". got up to wave 11 and two of them just got up and got mauled by the turrets, the 3rd went for a revive and died and i just watched all of this horrified, and ultimately died because i was the only one up, game loads us back to the start and first thing i heard was "eh switch to mobile cover, let's just cheese this". i left the group, was so annoyed.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Also true. I never run without heal. So I basically have 1 skill to choose from. I can't imagine playing end game content without heal. Its borderline impossible.

Yep and one big issue for electronics builds is that heal (especially with people generally having low health pools) scales very quickly. You only need 12-16k skillpower to get full healed in most cases. If an electronics focused player could get that maximum effect smart cover and pulse it would be absolutely amazing. But nopE.

Klyka

Banned
Yep and one big issue for electronics builds is that heal (especially with people generally having low health pools) scales very quickly. You only need 12-16k skillpower to get full healed in most cases. If an electronics focused player could get that maximum effect smart cover and pulse it would be absolutely amazing. But nopE.

If you have a healer who uses the caduceus and has the "heal for cooldown reduction" stuff going with the support station and then a normal heal, you can basically heal every like 4-5 seconds and are a total healing machine.
Then get a support player like you described above and have the two stick together.

lt519

See this is the problem. A healer with 50k skill power is an absolute misuse and allocation of skill. That heal caps out at like 15k skill power. I don't trust that people have really been approaching Challenge Incursion with the right builds and tactics. If you run an electronics build you should be running pulse and smart cover while your DPS guys run Heal since they'll have it maxed out. Changes everything.

The confusing stats don't help. But I also bet a lot of the people with 200k/100k/10k are missing out on serious amounts of armor, damage to elites, and armor destruction. For challenge mode you probably should have 65% armor mitigation and at least +25% damage to elites or armor destruction. Better if you have both like me.

Top Bottom