• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

darkwing

Yeah. This is why I gave up on a skill build. It doesn't seem to be worth it right now. A capped sticky bomb every now and then seems to be less useful than insanely high SMG crit damage you can pump out on a consistent basis. It also doesn't seem worth it to ignore SMG, I went back to it because its just more efficient whatever I tried.

striker just melts everything lol

SkylineRKR

Honestly, mobile cover should just be ripped out of this game. There are no set pieces without sufficient cover. Maybe the panic room from RC, but mobile cover fucks it up really.

striker just melts everything lol

I knew it as soon as I saw the talents. Seeing how this game is designed.

bjaelke

See this is the problem. A healer with 50k skill power is an absolute misuse and allocation of skill. That heal caps out at like 15k skill power. I don't trust that people have really been approaching Challenge Incursion with the right builds and tactics. If you run an electronics build you should be running pulse and smart cover while your DPS guys run Heal since they'll have it maxed out. Changes everything.

You run smart cover and stick bomb flashbang. Smart Cover is worthless after the first wave.

Klyka

Banned
See this is the problem. A healer with 50k skill power is an absolute misuse and allocation of skill. That heal caps out at like 15k skill power. I don't trust that people have really been approaching Challenge Incursion with the right builds and tactics. If you run an electronics build you should be running pulse and smart cover while your DPS guys run Heal since they'll have it maxed out. Changes everything.

The confusing stats don't help. But I also bet a lot of the people with 200k/100k/10k are missing out on serious amounts of armor, damage to elites, and armor destruction. For challenge mode you probably should have 65% armor mitigation and at least +25% damage to elites or armor destruction. Better if you have both like me.

No way does heal cap out at 15k skill power.

The difference in my heal numbers between 15k and my 35k was huge

I need to check again

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...lkhePFwGwMX1uwxal9GzPJY48/edit#gid=1762190628

Here. The heal literally caps out at 70k skill power!

lt519

I need to check again

Depends on your health of course. It's just a massively confusing system in general so a lot of people misuse it. But if you have 15k skill power and are healing DPS guys with 80k of health you've probably fully healed them. Your DPS guys should run heal.

You run smart cover and stick bomb flashbang. Smart Cover is worthless after the first wave.

I was just mentioning things that scale well with skill power.

Does sticky bomb flashbang scale with electronics though? Cooldown yes, but are you gaining anything by having 50k electronics and using the flashbang mod? Why not have a low electronics build (your DPSers) use the flashbang seeing as how it is the status effect for shotgunner rushes that you only really need once in a while.

Klyka

Banned
Depends on your health of course. It's just a massively confusing system in general so a lot of people misuse it. But if you have 15k skill power and are healing DPS guys with 80k of health you've probably fully healed them. Your DPS guys should run heal.

Does sticky bomb flashbang scale with electronics though? Cooldown yes, but are you gaining anything by having 50k electronics and using the flashbang mod? Why not have a low electronics build (your DPSers) use the flashbang seeing as how it is the status effect for shotgunner rushes that you only really need once in a while.

The maximum heal amount for first aid caps out at 100k as I showed in that linked spreadsheet.
So no,with 15k you do not heal a guy with 80k health full :p

lt519

Incoming wave of "beat CM legit
with my gear I got from exploiting
"

:)

Bet in a few days time there are very well formed strategies/builds for the encounter and won't seem so brutal.

bjaelke

You want it for all shotgunners and for drones. We had 2-3 with high electronics so the skills were evenly distributed. I'd switch back to first aid booster shot on the slower waves.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Incoming wave of "beat CM legit
with my gear I got from exploiting
"

:)

Bet in a few days time there are very well formed strategies/builds for the encounter and won't seem so brutal.

Doubt if there was any good strats they would of been found by now. Not like the game is complex. There probably could of been a lot of different strats but they basically over tuned the incursion with the hot fix on Tuesday. Just the usual knee jerk reaction from massive on every single issue except cheating.

lt519

The maximum heal amount for first aid caps out at 100k as I showed in that linked spreadsheet.
So no,with 15k you do not heal a guy with 80k health full :p

I run at like 20k and fully heal with an overshield to people with 80k. I also have a couple gear pieces with first aid ally heal %'s and run talents that benefit healing.

Doubt if there was any good strats they would of been found by now. Not like the game is complex. There probably could of been a lot of different strats but they basically over tuned the incursion with the hot fix on Tuesday. Just the usual knee jerk reaction from massive on every single issue except cheating.

It's been out for two and a half days and for 3/4s of that people were playing hard mode and then cheesing challenge mode. Not sure many people even got the builds they wanted out of exploiting. It wasn't meant to be beat in 2 days. Bjaelke seems to have a good strategy for it..

quest

Not Banned from OT
Wait are they removing the AUG and M1A blueprint?

Yep basically handycap anyone who was not level 75 at the time of the patch. I can imagine these will be replaced by a shotgun and LMG yippy. Funny they are not going to rotate the set plans to help people collect them.

Klyka

Banned
I run at like 20k and fully heal with an overshield to people with 80k. I also have a couple gear pieces with first aid ally heal %'s and run talents that benefit healing.

It's been out for two and a half days and for 3/4s of that people were playing hard mode and then cheesing challenge mode. Not sure many people even got the builds they wanted out of exploiting. It wasn't meant to be beat in 2 days. Bjaelke seems to have a good strategy for it..

Using a chestpiece with "all healing skills can overheal" is really great btw since you are not forced into the overheal one and instead can use the revive one or the damage one even

lt519

Using a chestpiece with "all healing skills can overheal" is really great btw since you are not forced into the overheal one and instead can use the revive one or the damage one even

Using a striker chest piece now (; I'm the DPS guy that somehow defies that spreadsheet and still heals people to full health with 20k skill power. Maybe its the mods on my gear, now I'm questioning it.

darkwing

Using a striker chest piece now (; I'm the DPS guy that somehow defies that spreadsheet and still heals people to full health with 20k skill power.

I have to agree with this, i tried with a 25k and a 45k something skill power, still healed people , I wonder if the Tactician gear set bonus is even that useful with all the skill caps

lt519

Hey at least we are talking about builds and the game again!

that makes no sense XD

Gotta be something else going on, just like Sticky Bomb is maxed at 250k but people are claiming 400k+ with mods, enemy armor damage, etc etc. What other skills cause your skill power to go up during gameplay? Maybe getting some benefits from other peoples skills, etc.

Skill builds are in a awful place right now. They need a way to properly buff mitigation and do some damage via skills. 34 Elites melt through the 68% mitigation cap and average top end stamina. I feel like they have tweaked enemy damage without any consideration of scaling skills, dmg mitigation, health etc.

My old HE had this and it was awesome being able to use the damage boost heal for my group and still give us overheal. New one of course rolled with crap =/

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

I need to check again

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...lkhePFwGwMX1uwxal9GzPJY48/edit#gid=1762190628

Here. The heal literally caps out at 70k skill power!

it's not a matter of capping out, it's that with the overheal skill having around 15k skill power is usually more than enough to full heal most players (with current health pools)

but as you outlined earlier with an electronics weapon you can have that perma heal running which is pretty legit; I just feel like heal baseline would be amazing for a game like this or just designing an electronics set that unlocks a third skill. Either or would be cool.

darkwing

that makes no sense XD

like the sticky bomb, it has a dmg cap at 250k , without any damage modifiers like damage to elite etc.. you can achieve that dmg cap at around 40k+ , but with the Tactician set bonus, your skill points will increase like 90k+ , but with the cap, what is the use?

Dreez

Seriously? Ugh. I haven't been able to play the past 3 days due to work so I couldn't grab them. Wanted to grind through the ranks this weekend.

Are they never coming back?

Watch it's gonna be like Xur selling Gallarhorn and then never again til a year later

elelunicy

So other DZ blueprints are rotating too? I want to buy the GS204 stamina and firearms mods, but I don't have that 500k dz funds for them. I have a feeling that they're going to replace them with electronics and performance mods. Ugh.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Devs claim rotation is random. I'm not sure I believe it.

I don't believe that shit at all. Maybe going forward, but there's no way you throw the two most sought after guns (SMG and sniper) behind a grind wall without knowing what you are doing.

I mean here's to hoping there's a pool of like 10-12 blueprints that randomly rotate every week. I know if there's an assault rifle this week I am poopsocking to 75 so hard. I know SMG's are king right now, but I still love assault rifles. The feel, the higher optimal range; I'll eat a slight disadvantage to just have fun. I love shotguns as well.

Archpath1

Do support stations proc triage per health tic or is it still like the heal shot where you have to go in and out?

I don't think I've ever seen a HE SMG 9

Looking at the comments, people are starting to realize just how OP Sentry's 4-set bonus is while using an SMG.

Especially considering how stable and easy it is to roll headshots with an MP5. I have Brutal and the +dmg to Elites/Named on mine and I'm starting to see 99k and 106k headshots with it on yellow guys. And I only have 2 pieces of Sentry's right now.

One hour before a hotfix in the dz is like pure apocalypse. Walked out of a checkpoint and ran into two rogues camping with their backs to me as they were fighting other agents. Killed both and then killed the three other agents. Then killed two more. Manhunt. Escaped. Went to extract and someone went rogue a block away. Then rogues north of me. Then I went rogue. Repeat repeat repeat. It was a blast lol.

Made it to a checkpoint safely with 30 seconds to go until reset.

Klyka

Banned
Do support stations proc triage per health tic or is it still like the heal shot where you have to go in and out?

i think they proc every couple of tics cause you get MASSIVE reduction to cooldowns if you have people stand in there.

I need to do a heal build again.

Caduceus, first aid + support station
and heal away

Paertan

i think they proc every couple of tics cause you get MASSIVE reduction to cooldowns if you have people stand in there.

I need to do a heal build again.

Caduceus, first aid + support station
and heal away

I have Caduceus, First aid and Sticky Bomb. Sticky Bomb with stun. So much fun! xD
Stun, Overheal Shoot, Stun, Overheal, Shoot repeat until win!

PatDH

One hour before a hotfix in the dz is like pure apocalypse. Walked out of a checkpoint and ran into two rogues camping with their backs to me as they were fighting other agents. Killed both and then killed the three other agents. Then killed two more. Manhunt. Escaped. Went to extract and someone went rogue a block away. Then rogues north of me. Then I went rogue. Repeat repeat repeat. It was a blast lol.

Made it to a checkpoint safely with 30 seconds to go until reset.

Just woke up, what's the hotfix fixing?

bjaelke

someone on reddit posted this

w4J0q6Q.jpg

PatDH

No more cheese on your burgers :-(

Cheers Dom, bit more specific? Have hardly had time to play since the patch haha. Mobile covering through the wall in the Incursion? Or was there DZ cheese? Or both.. the Division forums are getting hammered and I can't load the page to find out myself.

They killed burger king. And now they've cut off our supply of cheese.

You god damn hippies, speak English!

Deku Tree

Just spent 500K trying to re-roll my gloves to get SMG damage. Min damage is 330. On second roll got 331. On last roll got 336 SMG damage. RIP

I'm geared enough to destroy all the content in the game that I care about. Not gonna do the insane grind to min-max. I'll just survive with the gear that I get.

Grind is too nuts.

someone on reddit posted this

banned and rolled back.

Top Bottom