• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

yup, I thought gear score would mitigate some of the damage, but it's just a number, Destiny did it correctly

Yup, that's what I was saying last week. Gear Score is a joke because it doesn't actually give a *precise* measure of your gear's worth. Having different GS gears whose stat ranges can overlap.

Like, a 184 GS chestpiece can have better stats than a 204 GS?

tRwBWGp.gif

Can't believe that Destiny's Light system is better designed compared to this.

Just spent 500K trying to re-roll my gloves to get SMG damage. Min damage is 330. On second roll got 331. On last roll got 336 SMG damage. RIP

I'm geared enough to destroy all the content in the game that I care about. Not gonna do the insane grind to min-max. I'll just survive with the gear that I get.

Grind is too nuts.

Materials are crazy too =/

Cheers Dom, bit more specific? Have hardly had time to play since the patch haha. Mobile covering through the wall in the Incursion? Or was there DZ cheese? Or both.. the Division forums are getting hammered and I can't load the page to find out myself.

Np buddy. It's mainly the Incursion fix, yep. Here's the changelog:

[Changelog] April 15, 2016 Maintenance

Here is the list of changes that will be implemented with the hotfix on April 15:
Falcon Lost

Fixed an exploit where players could attack the APC without triggering new waves of NPC
Fixed a bug where the Weekly Reward for Falcon Lost was not granted correctly

Missing characters

Fixed a bug on Xbox One where players could no longer see their characters. Please note that in order to fix this issue, we restored the account data of the affected players to that of April 12, 12pm CEST | 6am EDT | 3am PDT

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1434010-Changelog-April-15-2016-Maintenance

Yup, that's what I was saying last week. Gear Score is a joke because it doesn't actually give a *precise* measure of your gear's worth. Having different GS gears whose stat ranges can overlap.

tRwBWGp.gif

the technician armor set locked all my DPS weapons which is ironic because I am using Tech weapons (caduceus and Liberator) also armor set pieces dont have special abilities like my chest piece that can overheal with each healing ability

someone on reddit posted this

One of the folks here posted it a few pages back as well.

I've got 4x Striker and 2x Sentry equipped, and mostly Firearms, and I can't get anywhere near this DPS probably because it's not all 240 gear right? It's also rolled more for Marksman than SMG, that could be it too. But that's still crazy!

spyder_ur

Just got out of work and still 3 ranks away from 75. Yeah I dont think it's happening.

Time to pray to RNGesus

Take a second to recal some gear to Kill Xp - they raised the caps and I was able to get a bonus of 80% or so with mods. Knee pads biggest boost. I think I was leveling every 30 - 45 minutes but that was without a group dedicated to it.

One of the folks here posted it a few pages back as well.

I've got 4x Striker and 2x Sentry equipped, and mostly Firearms, and I can't get anywhere near this DPS probably because it's not all 240 gear right? It's also rolled more for Marksman than SMG, that could be it too. But that's still crazy!

I have three Sentry pieces equipped and I'm at 220 DPS, I can unequip one and use a High-end and get to 245 DPS w/ my Health going up.

I think I'm going to shoot for three Sentry pieces plus either two Striker or Tactician and continue to use my Reckless chest.

Max armor mitigation, 200K+ DPS, 80-100K+ Health, and 20-25+ Skill w/ all weapon talents active is what I want.

Edit: I meant to say all my Gear Set gear is of the 214 variety.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Looks like they fixed the lower level DZ exploit as well. Seems like the game takes into account your inventory AND stash now.

cakely

tRwBWGp.gif

Destiny's light system is actually, essentially, your weapon DPS averaged with the armor value of your gear, so, yeah, it works.

lt519

Dude probably has max accuracy. I'm at 150k DPS but feel comfortable with that as I have 28% dmg against elites and 28% armor damage. Only have three striker pieces and am still maintaining 1.8k skill power to keep ferocious active on my Vector and Custom M44. Might switch to an MP5 and go for armor destruction instead of ferocious then put those electronics into stamina.

Is there any specific stats I should be aiming for with my high end gear? The stat numbers seem to lie a lot.

Depends on your build but for weapons I'd focus on crit hit, crit dmg, and stability. Headshot damage is good for mods too, the optimal scope is crit chance and headshot.

For start aim for 65% damage mitigation via armor as a start and then start working on getting things like damage to elites, protection from elites, enemy armor damage. Gloves that have crit dmg, chance, and dmg to elites are top tier. That's good for PvE, for PvP it's armor and then a focus on DPS and crit chance/dmg as opposed to all the AI dmg perks.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Is there any specific stats I should be aiming for with my high end gear? The stat numbers seem to lie a lot.

The game inflates accuracy and stability a lot because it assumes you are going to hit a lot more shots.

If you're supxgosupro though and you feel like you already are able to land a ton of shots consistently then just focus on getting that firearms up, getting set pieces (sentry or strikers), and maximizing crit-chance, crit-damage, and headshot damage. Those latter three are all multiplicative so you'll see some insane numbers as you pick up set pieces and start increasing them.

HoodWinked

I finally hit dz rank 75 yesterday had to grind out the last 7 levels which felt like forever. When i hit 75 i excitedly ran out of the nearest checkpoint and fast traveled to dz03 west entrance.

anyways all i had to do was make the very shot trip over to that safe house probably one of the cloest safe houses from a checkpoint and managed to get killed by a hacker who mowed me down in half a second with what essentially looked like stream of bullets out of a gattling gun with his mic on blasting some chinese pop music.

OD2JKGL.png

i actually down ranked to 74 and cause i didnt want to die again i waited through another matchmaking to hopefully get in a new server so i could grind a few mobs back to rank 75.

the astronmomical odds of that happening after not seeing a single hacker since the recent patch and to get gunned down in the small distance from dz03. im still shaking my head at how absurd that was.

SkylineRKR

Yeah rerolling isn't that hard. Blind/deaf. pistol, mobile cover etc all that shit, get rid of it.

Armor, elites, crit, SMG damage etc is the way to go. Currently at 55% armor, 65% with gear that lowers my firearms and stamina a little... out of cash to reroll atm lol. And 10% elite defense or so. 18% elite damage.

Not sure on exotic damage though, but I removed it as well. Had 25% at some point.

I crafted a striker mask after grinding mats for the last few days and of course it was a pile of shit with no hope of rerolling. Sigh.. back to DZ to farm a few more useless widgets.

What's that other kneepad and sidearm you're carrying? I bet you've got a higher gs item you overlooked
Just a purple kneepad and a purple pistol. Nothing with a higher gear score than I have already equipped. I checked everything.

I even went back and put my high end side arm in my stash to take my gear score down even more.

jLhLHoI.png

fWwrSDl.png

I swear this game hates me.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Just a purple kneepad and a purple pistol. Nothing with a higher gear score than I have already equipped. I checked everything.

I even went back and put my high end side arm in my stash to take my gear score down even more.

jLhLHoI.png

fWwrSDl.png

I swear this game hates me.

They made it so the darkzone bracket takes into account all items in your inventory and stash now it seems; so that you can't exploit down into the lower one. So if you have some higher pieces in your stash, it will count towards your "hidden" gearscore.

Wolfe

dat gs score though

This reminds me of "RIP in peace" :p

Yep. There'll always be exploiters, but the game is more or less instructing us to find alternative means to getting gear faster.

Lol cmon man, I don't have much issue with people taking advantage of stuff like that even if I'm against it, but trying to justify it like that makes me roll my eyes.

The issues here are completely glaring, and they gave hardcore players a huge ass headstart which completely ruins the PvP. I was sort of slow, I became 30 after BK and PC was fixed. Then I was Challenge proof after Hornet was fixed. Missing these 2 exploits means I have much less materials which means the nerf hit me like a truck. It also means DZ leveling is more tedious as i'm consistently out geared. Destiny doesn't have a DZ, you could get the best weapons everywhere and the best gear from just Normal mode.

I'm in the same boat and it's a bit frustrating seeing the rate at which players are able to gear up with all of these exploits/bugs. I still think Massive would greatly benefit from running test servers for unreleased content.

Klyka

Banned
What would you pick: a gear mod slot or Protection from Elites?

It really depends. If you don't need the stats to get talents on your weapons going and the protection from elites is something like 10% and you already have it on some other pieces, then go with it.

Like, the difference between 0% and 10% is not that crazy but once you go from 10% to 20%? That's 1/5th less damage (+ all the other damage mitigation of course).
30% is HUGE for example. I don't even know if you can even get that :O

Klyka

Banned
Yep. There'll always be exploiters, but the game is more or less instructing us to find alternative means to getting gear faster.

Can I ask where the game asks people to find gear "fast"?
Because I don't see any kind of time limit on the game or a deadline that says "must be this exploited by this date" :p

Top Bottom