• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

So, after reading here and elsewhere, I am still stuck at what I need to do to git gudder at gearing my Division agent. Been playing casually since release with friends who are also pretty clueless, and we know it. Rip me a new one if you like. I know i have no clue.

I would be very grateful for some pointers at what to do to get better stats and better results and where to look for improvements next. At this point hard is too easy and challenging missions are too hard and I don¨t really know where to focus my efforts. Gameplay is still fun just going around shooting, but I¨m kind of stuck. Been buying shit willy nilly.

Here´s what I have

MYCC9Ti.jpg

Main gun: Vector 45 APC 10,2K damage, 25% crit, Deadly, Stable, Accurate

Body Armor: Tactical Vest (182) 730 armor, 710 firearms, 7% damage to elites, 11% health on kill, 22% increased kill xp (stupid but yeah), 7,5% pulse duration 1 mod slot with prototype firearms mod +158 firearms, +1392 skill power. Talent: Vigorous

Mask: Tactical mask (182) 409 armor, 683 stamina, 11% damage to elites, 12% blind/deaf res, 8,5 % seeker mine radius with advanced stamina mod +113, +587 health. Talent: Refreshed

Knee pads: Spec op Pads (182) 1084 armor, 655 firearms, +287 armor, 45% kill xp, 8% enemy armor damage, 106% bleed resistance, 9% puls crit with prototype firearms mod +148, +154 armor. Talent: Refreshed

Backpack: Rush backpack (163) 448 armor, 149 firearms, 485 stamina, 17% crit damage, 43% ammo capacity, 9% sticky, 7% first aid with prototype firearms mod 149. Talent: Resourceful

Gloves: Gunslinger gloves (182) 380 armor, 532 firearms, 10% damage to elites, 9% health on kill, 36% critical hit damage, 8% support station duration. Talent: Astute

Holster: Rush holster (163) 720 armor, 429 firearms, 502 stamina, 448 electronics, 338 armor, 8,5% puls crit hit damage

Abilities: Tactical scanner, Booster shot, Survivor link
Talents: Critical save, Combat medic, Steady hands, One is none

EL CUCO

So people that exploited Incursion excuse was mainly because they felt they needed to do it, to "keep up" with other exploiters.

What's the excuse for the lower DZ bracket exploit?

Deku Tree

which is counterintuitive to what the DZ is supposed to be..... I just shake my head.

Well massive locked the best weapons behind a monster DZ grind after they sAid in PR that the best in slot weapons were not locked behind DZ rank. So I blame the game designers Masssive.

Wolfe

They Want a solo PvE farm zone without all the griefers.

I think what you want to say is "They want to be the griefers"

Because that's what this is about

Lol yeah it's a bit amusing because it seemed like in the beginning it was people trying to avoid the DZ death squads and whatnot where now it's mostly people trying to stomp on casuals from what I'm seeing.

Lol yeah it's a bit amusing because it seemed like in the beginning it was people trying to avoid the DZ death squads and whatnot where now it's mostly people trying to stomp on casuals from what I'm seeing.

I don't kill people because I know how much it pisses me off when I just want to extract crap to break down (no such thing as good drops in there from my experience) but it's rare to see others helping people out which sucks since I would hope in real life everyone wouldn't insta-gib each other over garbage lol

Odd question but does anyone else have to constantly fix the deadzone setting? At 5 it drifts slightly so I put it to 10 but it always reverts when I log off /facepalm

xclaw

Well massive locked the best weapons behind a monster DZ grind after they sAid in PR that the best in slot weapons were not locked behind DZ rank. So I blame the game designers Masssive.

Yup.

And the recent decision to break up the DZ just shows their genius at work.

Well it is a PvPvE mode designed to be about griefing.

I mean, if people don't have the guts nor skills to be the griefers on their own high DZ brackets, then decided to go to the lower brackets so they can grief actual lower GS players, then there's something wrong with their mentality.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
They should have just sold those BPs for 1k pheonix credits in the BoO.

Samus4145

Odd question but does anyone else have to constantly fix the deadzone setting? At 5 it drifts slightly so I put it to 10 but it always reverts when I log off /facepalm

Okay, I'm not going crazy that it will drift to the right since the 1.1 patch? It was driving me insane, I thought my controller was busted, but it doesn't matter in any other game.

Klyka

Banned
I honestly always thought of GAF players as like, the honorable group.
Kinda like the people who stay decent against the usual filth of gaming communities.

Instead its all "let's cheese, exploit and make mega groups to kill 'bambis'" all day :(

You failed me GAF

I am fine with that, but there are no intermediate weapons in PvE to craft or get apart from random weapon drops in CM Incursion. Those can drop with useless talents so it's stupid anyway.

Bizazedo

So people that exploited Incursion excuse was mainly because they felt they needed to do it, to "keep up" with other exploiters.

What's the excuse for the lower DZ bracket exploit?

I think what you want to say is "They want to be the griefers"

Because that's what this is about

My reason is because high end PvP with these gear sets is broken as fuck and it's more fun at the lower bracket. Lots of people were doing it so a lot of fights were even and lasted awhile where right now with proper set bonuses, you can melt even if their SURVIVAL LINK is active.

This, basically.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4ev5tk/dz_and_pve_major_problem_that_has_just_gotten/

High brackets aren't worth it because Massive is inept at Math.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Will the Gear Set blueprints rotate in the Special vendor at the BoO?

Do I buy the Mask and Knee Pads now or hope the restock has Gloves, Holster or Chest instead to replace Nomad.

I want to run 3 Striker with 3 Sentry. Currently have the Striker mask, backpack and kneepads.

finally got my character back and can play.

how hard is the regular hard version of falcon lost? also, are challenging missions now much easier due to the better gear, or did they raise the difficulty with the update?

So, the Incursion was patched so that if you damage the APC then waves start. You can still glitch through the wall though so could you technically run to the pit, get set up and start hitting the APC with sticky bombs from there and just kill whatever few mobs venture towards the pit. I'm sure there is a limit on the number of NPCs that spawn and several varieties just stay behind cover so could you technically stay in the pit the whole time ignoring 90% of the NPCs?

The turrets will probably shoot you every time you poke your head up but the damage would be minimal. Anything I'm missing?

Not sure this technique would really be necessary for HM but for CM it could be worth it if you can't handle the 1 shotting elites.

Zom

Banned
good run alone in DZ6, two striker drops, 20 seconds to extract, internet goes off, lose all, fuck everything.

Top Bottom