• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Red Hood

Banned
So I was fighting some NPCs in the Dark Zone and it was pretty hard. Got help from a guy and we took down ten or so quite tough opponents, was pretty fun. Then he killed me and took my loot.

Fuck it, as of tomorrow I'm playing DZ as a rogue. Is there any punishment to this playstyle except for losing much more XP? Is Dark Zone XP very beneficial?

Quazar

That's talents right? I want other weapons such as shotguns and LMGs to be used so they should also have innate talents/bonuses on them.

You know what. I can't honestly remember where I saw it. But that's be cool for double sawed off.

I got a High-end Tactical M1911 sidearm with 3 mod slots. However, nothing works in the Underbarrel (Small) slot. I thought maybe a laser mod would work as it's the only mod that makes sense in that slot on a sidearm but it doesn't.

Anyways, it does over 100K DPS (lol) even with the empty slot.

This game is spiraling out of control. It's too bad really. Had so much potential. But it might be time for me shelf it for a while until they fix everything.

darkwing

you are forced to eat cheese just to survive in DZ, a full striker/sentry near 240 group is no joke

we just tried in DZ, even with survivor link, we just melted everything

They probably were waiting for the patch to release this new cheese...smart :p

Also massive fuck up by massive for not fixing mobile cover. It's the core of all these exploits...
Yeah I'm reading his post and he talks about how he's been doing this before today's patch but has decided to show it off today since they patched up the other one.

Can you get the incursion end of mission reward more than once by joining someone who hasn't done it after the patch?
That's what one streamer was doing yesterday. You just need 1 person in your team who hasn't done it yet for the rest of the team to get drops.

Yeah I'm reading his post and he talks about how he's been doing this before today's patch but has decided to show it off today since they patched up the other one.

That's what one streamer was doing yesterday. You just need 1 person in your team who hasn't done it yet for the rest of the team to get drops.

I thought I saw them say they disabled the weekly rewards till next week's maintenance.

Maximus P

I would like for shotguns to have like a chance to stagger to interrupt players

This.

theyed be great for countering rushers.

Everyone I know uses the SMG Sniper combo.

I'd like to also see...

LMG recoil reduced when in cover.

Added 3 shot burst assault rifles with high damage.

Slighty reduce range on Smgs.

Kadin

Good article. Agree with just about everything he said. The last paragraph sums up what I think a lot of people are starting to feel... in some way.

People often ask me why I even play a game I’m so critical of, and the reason is because at The Division’s core, there really is a great game there, and I want to see it live up to its promise. But I now feel like I have to set it aside until Massive figures out a way to fix the entire game, as playing it in its current form when it’s riddled with so many gamebreaking bugs and exploits is nothing but a recipe for frustration. This is supposed to be Ubisoft’s flagship IP going forward, and it needs better QA testing than what it’s gotten. Start a public test server, disable glitched skills, do whatever you have to in order to get this situation under control. I’ve reached out to Massive to try and understand exactly what they’re doing about all this, but haven’t heard back yet. The Division has so much potential that it would be a shame to see it sink due to technical problems alone, but right now, that’s exactly what we’re seeing unfold.

Oh and one unrelated thing I will say: Forbes ads are horrible. Just about crippled Chrome as I continued to browse down below the linked article.

Wolfe

I got a High-end Tactical M1911 sidearm with 3 mod slots. However, nothing works in the Underbarrel (Small) slot. I thought maybe a laser mod would work as it's the only mod that makes sense in that slot on a sidearm but it doesn't.

Anyways, it does over 100K DPS (lol) even with the empty slot.

You specifically need a Small laser pointer, it's the only small underbarrel I know of that will fit on it. I've only found one in my entire time playing so far and it's green lol. Hoping to replace it someday with a higher quality one as this one only has +18.5% hip fire accuracy and I never fire my pistol from the hip so it's basically a waste for me.

Oh and one unrelated thing I will say: Forbes ads are horrible. Just about crippled Chrome as I continued to browse down below the linked article.

Yeah it's pretty awful.

How to Fix the broken game that is the division.

Step one. Delay the next incursion for a month.

Step two: Start a server for players to play test the new incursion and to find bugs/exploits

Step three: bring everyone up to 240 and add a new GS to chase for next incursion.This will Even the playing field and punish these exploiters that put in the time to glitch themselves up to 240.

Step four:Remove mobile cover.

Step five: fix the loot, lvl32 boss should drop 191 or 204 gear! For next incursion it should be higher obviously

This should fix it

The1Ski

I sooooo regret getting 161+ (or whatever the requirement is for the upper bracket.).

Current gear score is 162 and I feel like a named NPC for 200+ GS players to farm. Think about it... The odds are very good that any real player is carrying at least one high-end, along with a potential wealth of gear and funds. I'm all for competitive play but getting one-shotted by a 220+ zero fun. Especially after battling NPCs and scooping some sweet gear!

I'll stick to challenge mode missions!

(Yeah I get it, good riddance. Git gud and all that)

Top Bottom