• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

You can get in the room back left of the APC as well and be invincible upon killing the first 10 or so enemies of the first wave. It's the quickest new way outside of the initial setup.

There are currently three different ways to exploit the Incursion after the fix today.

How to Fix the broken game that is the division.

Step one. Delay the next incursion for a month.

Step two: Start a server for players to play test the new incursion and to find bugs/exploits

Step three: bring everyone up to 240 and add a new GS to chase for next incursion.This will Even the playing field and punish these exploiters that put in the time to glitch themselves up to 240.

Step four:Remove mobile cover.

Step five: fix the loot, lvl32 boss should drop 191 or 204 gear! For next incursion it should be higher obviously

This should fix it

This would fix nothing as it is a meaningless number in those terms. Folks would still have sets of high level gear with great stats, attributes, perks, talents, etc from exploitation.

Massive should have sucked it up and simply shut the Incursion down the moment the exploits were out in the wild. While the players would have been upset for sure they could have at least fixed it and communicated with their player base during this time why it was needed to take the action (making it inaccessible until a real fix was in place).

Edit: I finished the Incursion on Hard for the second time and did not receive any PC. That can't be right can it? Only once per week for PC as well?

ChrisW

So annoyed, teamed with a bunch of randoms last night and we worked so well as a team communicating etc on the incursion. Got to wave 15, dude picked up the bomb rav to the side and I popped survivor, but he was too far away, in his confusion he didn't notice the enemies that spawned on him and he was downed. I ran to help him and the apc rocket landed right on me and killed me and him.

Last two guys just then randomly died...so painful

Prefer when I get put with Americans cause the communication between he team is so much better, most Euro guys just rage a ton

Kadin

I sooooo regret getting 161+ (or whatever the requirement is for the upper bracket.).

Current gear score is 162 and I feel like a named NPC for 200+ GS players to farm. Think about it... The odds are very good that any real player is carrying at least one high-end, along with a potential wealth of gear and funds. I'm all for competitive play but getting one-shotted by a 220+ zero fun. Especially after battling NPCs and scooping some sweet gear!

I'll stick to challenge mode missions!

(Yeah I get it, good riddance. Git gud and all that)
Craft and equip a level 4 green sidearm and watch your GS plummet and return to the <161 DZ bracket.

Just be sure to then move your current sidearm to your stash (if that's still not being scanned for GS determination).

Bosses from hard mode missions will guarantee you a yellow. Farm hard mode missions with a group via matchmaking. You can get a full high-end gear in a day by just doing hard mode missions. After you're all set, then proceed with challenge mode to get better gear and Phoenix Credits. After a while, you'll have enough PxC to purchase better weapons and gears from the BOO vendor. That'll be your last PvE checkpoint before venturing into the DZ.

Thanks for the advice!

Does each mission have a loot table or are they completely random? Also any particular mission that's worth farming the most?

This would fix nothing as it is a meaningless number in those terms. Folks would still have sets of high level gear with great stats, attributes, perks, talents, etc from exploitation.

Massive should have sucked it up and simply shut the Incursion down the moment the exploits were out in the wild. While the players would have been upset for sure they could have at least fixed it and communicated with their player base during this time why it was needed to take the action (making it inaccessible until a real fix was in place).

Edit: I finished the Incursion on Hard for the second time and did not receive any PC. That can't be right can it? Only once per week for PC as well?

Yeah but make old weapons gear obsolete. Don't bring them up to the new GS. Only bring the new green gear up. Also make GS work as it did with light lvl in destiny. Old weapons did hardly any dmg.

Bring in new weapons for people to farm for. Reset the world so to speak.

Kadin

Europeans > Americans.
Was gonna give a witty reply but instead I'll just...

igLa5zr.gif

Pretty much they need to fix or remove mobile cover.

Also, the way people are finding the new glitches is ridiculous, most QA is not going to test that way.

Unfortunately for massive since C4 is explosive damage, they can't do anything to fix sticky bomb until they change that.

Hzoltan69

At this point they should just remove mobile cover from the game. It's crazy how a single - otherwise useless - skill ruins the game singlehanded.

xrnzaaas

What's the best way to spend ~300PC on an assault rifle or a marksman rifle? (yeah I'm not that advanced as most of you guys ;)) I don't know if I remember correctly that DZ03 merchant had good blueprints, but yesterday when I checked in there he didn't have anything interesting.

Also is it possible to return to DZ 0-160 bracket if you've exceeded it at some point in the game? I've tried inserting a crappy pistol in my sidearm slot and it didn't help.

What's the best way to spend ~300PC on an assault rifle or a marksman rifle? (yeah I'm not that advanced as most of you guys ;)) I don't know if I remember correctly that DZ03 merchant had good blueprints, but yesterday when I checked in there he didn't have anything interesting.

Also is it possible to return to DZ 0-160 bracket if you've exceeded it at some point in the game? I've tried inserting a crappy pistol in my sidearm slot and it didn't help.

I went with the M44 patern from BoO and made a few until one was decent, it's pretty awesome until I can get high enough for the M1A one.

Kadin

It scans your personal inventory for gear not equipped, do you have anything there that might be making it stay high?

xrnzaaas

It scans your personal inventory for gear not equipped, do you have anything there that might be making it stay high?

Good to know. I had plenty of items in my inventory when I checked my GS. I assume gear from the stash won't count? :)

J-Rzez

(Yeah I get it, good riddance. Git gud and all that)

You mean get gear, friends, into the lower DZ bracket artificially, and the drop on players fighting mobs I think.

Gittin' gud or "skill" is on the lower end of the totem pole for this games PvP lol.

ChrisW

So I've been try the incursion this morning and failed, only to go to the subreddit and see that the weekly mission reward has been stopped for everyone, so now I have to wait till next week to try get some new gear... Great.

So I've been try the incursion this morning and failed, only to go to the subreddit and see that the weekly mission reward has been stopped for everyone, so now I have to wait till next week to try get some new gear... Great.

Yea, the only reason to really do CM Incursion is chance of 204 weapon drop with shitty talents at the moment.

Hopefully Tuesday all glitches are fixed and we can only legit do it. I want to give legit CM a try too.

ChrisW

Yea, the only reason to really do CM Incursion is chance of 204 weapon drop with shitty talents at the moment.

Hopefully Tuesday all glitches are fixed and we can only legit do it. I want to give legit CM a try too.
What annoys me though is that there is no where in the mission that says the reward won't pop for completion, meaning that hundreds of people will still be trying the incursion in the hope of getting a mission reward and won't get it, nice one Massive. Why not just lock it completely so there is no confusion and backlash from people claiming to have completed it and not getting anything from it

darkwing

What annoys me though is that there is no where in the mission that says the reward won't pop for completion, meaning that hundreds of people will still be trying the incursion in the hope of getting a mission reward and won't get it, nice one Massive. Why not just lock it completely so there is no confusion and backlash from people claiming to have completed it and not getting anything from it

cheese has to be served

Klyka

Banned
I don't even understand how people find these exploits and glitches and workarounds
It's like they don't even give a shit about the actual game but just all they do is try exploits from all directions

GAF, please stop exploiting :(
You are better than this.
Be a force for good.

Maximus P

We need that stonemountain chap in our team for the incursions.There are 3 of us and we mostly chat about our days, what food were eating and random shit. Our organisation is terrible.

Cob32

• Incursions is cheesed
  • Massive releases a patch that fixes the cheese (indirectly) and disables weekly rewards
  • 5 hours later players find another cheese for Incursions
  • another 5 hours later players find out a cheese on how to get weekly rewards
  • The creativity and determination of this playerbase is absolutely insane

I have no words left.

i love how the deactivation of weekly rewards was so that of any cheeses appeared over the weekend no one could gain from it and now most will be in full sets by Monday.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
CgJsuUzWIAI1zef.jpg

The one thing that the mobile cover glitch does is let you have fun with the game by seeing things you don't expect.

It was neat to be able to go to the carrier, but it's too bad you can't go inside it.

Klyka

Banned
i love how the deactivation of weekly rewards was so that of any cheeses appeared over the weekend no one could gain from it and now most will be in full sets by Monday.

"most" is of course greatly GREATLY exaggerated, but the hardcore part of the community will, yes.

jamesdbc

Neo Member
Good to know. I had plenty of items in my inventory when I checked my GS. I assume gear from the stash won't count? :)

Gear score never used to account for items in your stash, but last night's hotfix changed that.

To lower your score, equip a non-gear score pistol. There is a green lvl 4 bp you can craft for this purpose. Your gear score will now likely be under 160. However, you'll still be placed in the higher bracket if any of your stash gear is level 191+, eg a gear set item you've picked up and stashed, as this will increase your 'hidden' gear score.

To get around that, aside from deconstructing any offending items, you have to move these items into another character's inventory.

Neil_J_UK

Gear score never used to account for items in your stash, but last night's hotfix changed that.

To lower your score, equip a non-gear score pistol. There is a green lvl 4 bp you can craft for this purpose. Your gear score will now likely be under 160. However, you'll still be placed in the higher bracket if any of your stash gear is level 191+, eg a gear set item you've picked up and stashed, as this will increase your 'hidden' gear score.

To get around that, aside from deconstructing any offending items, you have to move these items into another character's inventory.

That explains why I logged off one day in the DZ safe zone bracket 0-160, and logged in to the 160+ bracket.

TsuWave

Is the vector any better than the one that you can craft from the BoO vendor?

first wave versions of weapons tend to be better because they fit a wider variety of mods. and that's without mentioning that the one being sold in the DZ is GS 204. so if you run vector has your primary you'd be wise to pick this one up and hope for a decent roll (if you have enough materials that is)

TsuWave

the funniest cheese i've seen still belongs to destiny tho, people yanking their ethernet cables to keep crota kneeled was a different level of hilarious

Neil_J_UK

Not just with The Division, but in most games it just boggles my mind the things people must do to try and find these glitches. What thought process must they go through to think "hold on a sec, I wonder if something will happen if I take out my ethernet cable at this very specific time"????

Madness

Top Bottom