• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

JohnCYQ

Shame you cant adjust the date on the Xbox One. Thats all done server side.

Obviously you're supposed to meet up with the guys in charge of XB1 time, drop a mobile cover on the ground and have them magically change the time for each exploit you intend to do.

Iceman829

It's still funny that if they just disabled mobile cover weeks ago they would've solved most of the issues.

Maybe they should've given us a remote controlled air drone like they showed off at the reveal instead of a piece of cardboard that helps us go through walls

Klyka

Banned
It's still funny that if they just disabled mobile cover weeks ago they would've solved most of the issues.

Maybe they should've given us a remote controlled air drone like they showed off at the reveal instead of a piece of cardboard that helps us go through walls

I want that little flying drone from one of the early trailers that flies up to an enemy and blinds them with a super strong light.

ChrisW

So bit the bullet since I'm only level 50 DZ and will take me ages to get to 75 and bought two pieces of sentries call gear, turns out they had better attributes than my current gear in terms of crit chance and crit damage + elite damage.

Cost me a lot of PC but in the time it take to get to 75 I will have got it all back
T30tu7D.jpg

KDR_11k

I really think they need to add more brackets to the dark zone if they want it to be actual battles and not just gear-based steamrolls. But that would probably end up with nobody ever meeting.

Does anybody actually kill other players over the loot itself though? It seems rather worthless considering the abundance of yellow gear in the DZ (and the relatively low GS of it all). Sounds more like people want to grief or grind levels, not the meh stuff that drops in the DZ.

the funniest cheese i've seen still belongs to destiny tho, people yanking their ethernet cables to keep crota kneeled was a different level of hilarious

Massive might have to start staggering releases of the Hard and Challenging like Bungie does with Normal and Hard. It'd give them a chance to fix game breaking exploits without max level gear dropping all over the place.

SkylineRKR

I really think they need to add more brackets to the dark zone if they want it to be actual battles and not just gear-based steamrolls. But that would probably end up with nobody ever meeting.

Does anybody actually kill other players over the loot itself though? It seems rather worthless considering the abundance of yellow gear in the DZ (and the relatively low GS of it all). Sounds more like people want to grief or grind levels, not the meh stuff that drops in the DZ.

Nah, I don't really care for DZ loot. I think the initial plan was to rob other players of great stuff, but its all underleveled shit anyway.

Supply drops are an insult, even. The named elite guarding it at least drops a yellow and PC. The supply chest itself is utter shit.

Nah, I don't really care for DZ loot. I think the initial plan was to rob other players of great stuff, but its all underleveled shit anyway.

Supply drops are an insult, even. The named elite guarding it at least drops a yellow and PC. The supply chest itself is utter shit.

After fighting solo against the AI goons at a supply drop in DZ05 only to be rewarded with two superior useless pieces from the actual drop made me ask what was the point? The named boss there dropped a weapon mod that was useless as well.

The way they made it sound was Agents would be rushing to these supply drops and fighting it out with extremely tough AI and other Agents for the awesome loot. I've yet to experience this. The risk/reward has not been worth it as of yet.

Massive might have to start staggering releases of the Hard and Challenging like Bungie does with Normal and Hard. It'd give them a chance to fix game breaking exploits without max level gear dropping all over the place.

I still can't believe they have not just shut the Incursion down completely while working on a fix. Seems like leaving it up in it's current state will do more harm in the long-run to the community and level playing field for the DZ compared to the repercussions of shutting it down and explaining why they had to do it. This content was a free add-on so its not like people paid for it and would be losing anything. I mean it was promised so maybe folks look at it as part of the initial product but still removing it while working on a real fix seems like the best course of action although it's pretty late at this point.

Lima

After fighting solo against the AI goons at a supply drop in DZ05 only to be rewarded with two superior useless pieces from the actual drop made me ask what was the point? The named boss there dropped a weapon mod that was useless as well.

The way they made it sound was Agents would be rushing to these supply drops and fighting it out with extremely tough AI and other Agents for the awesome loot. I've yet to experience this. The risk/reward has not been worth it as of yet.

Especially when the easiest course of action is to pop survivor link and open the box and then run to the next one. Rinse and repeat.

I think I am on a record streak of all HE drops being nothing but gear mods, specifically performance mods. Did all the dailies, a few Lex CM runs and then a bunch of DZ last night and not a single HE drop was a weapon. Without crafting, I would still be using purple primaries.

I think I am on a record streak of all HE drops being nothing but gear mods, specifically performance mods. Did all the dailies, a few Lex CM runs and then a bunch of DZ last night and not a single HE drop was a weapon. Without crafting, I would still be using purple primaries.

I got the MK17 and a couple of Shotguns from Lexington yesterday but yeah weapon mods are at a very high drop rate it seems.

From CMs I'd say in my experience it has been...

10% Weapons
30% Armor
60% Weapons/Gear mods

High five baby~! That's my experience as well. Since the update, I had pretty much farmed and did missions and CM for almost 4-5 days just so I have enough materials to craft 2 HE M44 with shitty rolls.

J-Rzez

Was a slow night in the DZ last night though I didn't play much since another skilled hacker showed up one shotting players with a m60.

Only killed 11 scumbag dirt farmers.

I still can't believe they have not just shut the Incursion down completely while working on a fix. Seems like leaving it up in it's current state will do more harm in the long-run to the community and level playing field for the DZ compared to the repercussions of shutting it down and explaining why they had to do it. This content was a free add-on so its not like people paid for it and would be losing anything. I mean it was promised so maybe folks look at it as part of the initial product but still removing it while working on a real fix seem like the best course of action although it's pretty late at this point.

It seems their access might be client side and if that's the case, wouldn't it require a patch to pass through first party certification? I don't see how they let something like this happen if they can simply kill it with a server side fix. Maybe it will push them to put more of their controls server side to prevent chaos like this in the future.

SkylineRKR

Lots of Weapons since yesterday.

Military M60 with 3 accuracy buffs. 2 or 3 shotguns of which I kept one because it has good perks. I also got a sidearm and some SMG I think Black Market T821.

Its all useless stuff, but they are weapons I guess.

Wait, Ubi is actually looking at punishing players who used the Incursion APC cheese?

Ubisoft Plans To Punish Players Who Exploited The Division Falcon Lost Incursion Boss Glitch
News

tc-the-division-incursions-agents-lmb-encounters
Uh oh, looks like the players who have taken advantage of The Division’s Falcon Lost Incursion boss glitch are going to be in trouble. Ubisoft has revealed it plans to punish players who’ve taken advantage of the glitch since it’s against their ‘code of conduct’.

Ubisoft’s community manager, Natchai Stappers, has stated that the company is going to punish any player who has knowingly used the exploit found in the game’s first incursion, Falcon Lost.

“Obviously it is against our Code of Conduct and the team is looking into what can be done in terms of punishment for those who have exploited,” Stappers wrote in a post on the official forums for The Division.

The punishment might not be severe considering players who have used other glitches in the game have been handed out a 3-day ban and the matter wasn’t pursued further. However, Ubisoft can also wipe a player’s stats completely if they want but that’s quite unlikely to happen.

Recall

I'm level 7, my friends are level 17.

How do we group up and do missions without everything scaling to their level?

Thanks

TsuWave

fighting against a group of 3 DZ rank99 GS 190+ rogues in the DZ. managed to down one of them twice but couldn't finish him off so they get the revive then drop me pretty quick.

terrible idea to have gear sets which immensely boost TTK and not have gear sets that immensely boost your armor, at least for now. yeah, the whole armor being capped and not scaling up like DPS does system is quite terrible tbh

TsuWave

also would appreciate if they made it so if your team mates are rogue and you're running alongside them/within a certain distance for more than 10 seconds you automatically go rogue. nothing more frustrating than chasing rogues while their non rogue team mates keep getting in front to block your shots/make you go rogue. ugh.

fr0st

Banned
I hope the punishment is severe enough to cause some drama.
They should just give everyone gear so no one is left behind and just try to make the next incursion and glitch and exploit free and possible then if people exploit at that point then start handing out punishment.

SkylineRKR

As I fail in getting good M44 and M1A's, how is the SRS A1 considered in general?

I got one dropped with Swift, Vicious and Prepared, which I think are excellent perks for a sniper. Had a spare mag with reload buff and yeah the reload speed is rather insane. Might stick with this...

Seems like the community thread is a bit slower today. I would expect on the weekend more post. How is the overall The Division community feeling? I am not in the loop with their direct forum or reddit

Balphon

fighting against a group of 3 DZ rank99 GS 190+ rogues in the DZ. managed to down one of them twice but couldn't finish him off so they get the revive then drop me pretty quick.

terrible idea to have gear sets which immensely boost TTK and not have gear sets that immensely boost your armor, at least for now. yeah, the whole armor being capped and not scaling up like DPS does system is quite terrible tbh

You can get the nomad set bonus so they can kill you twice.

Top Bottom