• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Need that last Striker piece.

FLbemi6.jpg

PznICAU.png

Archpath1

Why striker, all you need is four, they're no 6 piece bonus

Unless you meant to say sentry

That sentry 4 set bonus is sick
You really see that damage increase

Awesome if your buddy is running strikers his damage should be insane

I don't see what they can do considering hackers only get a 3 day ban.

I know it's not much, but probably not the way they're handling it now. Just frustrated that the "solutions" they come up with just divides the player base more by making it more grindy.

Like some others suggested:

-un-nerf the crafting and flood the market with loots. The incursion gear sets are a lost cause, so just make it back to letting people get those gears. Make it so that it's easier to catch up to those that took the exploit and got those high gears.

-In the longer run, consider rebalancing those gun talents and skills so they are more meaningful.

-Repopulate the PVE map with the Rogue gallery so some that don't prefer PVP have those things to do for gears.

-Make better groupings for DZ rankings so that those that are interested can do so at their own pace going against others of similar level. Because forcing them to go pvp is not going to extend the game's life or sell DLC.

-Get rid of the gear scores all together because that was just a dumb idea to begin with. Considering that the formula to get that score is shaky at best due to RNG on top of RNG within the gears themselves. Hell, even trying to be more accurate with your own numbers are a problem in this game like that bug where your gears won't update correctly unless you log out and back in? Gear score at the end is meaningless but some people will use that to kick people.

-More missions variety, I've listen to Larea screaming how she's just another body to me enough times and heard enough of Scarecrow informing me that I'm about to step into the big leagues.

-Do that test server thing that others suggest. Have people help break your game before it gets sent out like this incursion. Not likely will make it for the next incursion, but probably could for the next big update.

Some of those may take some time like rebalancing talents etc... but some of those could be done now like respawn those street kings, make the whole map 30-32s once someone reached 30. Unfuck the crafting system etc...

Right now, they're too kneejerk about everything and it fucks only the majority of the players while the exploiters already got what they want.

As it stands, their threats are meaningless and everyone knows it. Before the update, I play with my friends every night when we get out of work. After the update, they just straight up quit the game. Mind you that they were interested in the DZ way more than me, but after getting rained on by high geared players repeatedly in there just kinda drained the curiosity out of them. When the update came and they saw that crafting gears and deconstructing stuff rendered meaningless, they just dropped out.

I still played after the update, but seems like that I was doing worst than before, and finding out that my controls were messed with due to the auto aim that can't be switch off. Also my connection and lag is just getting worst by the day with shooting enemies but no reaction, then all the sudden numbers pop up with them skating/teleporting all over the place. On top of the crafting nerf I just had to stop playing.

Rizific

what are people choosing between striker's and sentry? they both sound good to me and i have one piece of each with enough PC to purchase one blueprint.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Those are other peoples setups, I currently have 3 pieces so wanting a 4th. 5th and 6th will probably be Sentry for that 30% headshot damage bonus.

Kadin

what are people choosing between striker's and sentry? they both sound good to me and i have one piece of each with enough PC to purchase one blueprint.
Personally I'm going for 3 Striker's and 3 Sentry's. I have 4 Striker's at the moment and I'm not really feeling the talent. I think my aim is just too shitty with a controller so it works against me a lot with that 2% drop per bullet missed.

Rizific

Personally I'm going for 3 Striker's and 3 Sentry's. I have 4 Striker's at the moment and I'm not really feeling the talent. I think my aim is just too shitty with a controller so it works against me a lot with that 2% drop per bullet missed.

yeah id like to end up with a mix of both, but as someone who can afford only one right now i think im going to go with the sentry's' 2pc bonus first. also, i remember reading that set pieces of different gs ie sentry's 191 + another sentrys 214 WILL NOT provide the set bonus, is that true?

cakely

Two more rogues down. At 9/20 for that plat trophy.

I think my problem is that I'm really reluctant to go rogue myself. It would sure speed up the process if I did.

Kadin

yeah id like to end up with a mix of both, but as someone who can afford only one right now i think im going to go with the sentry's' 2pc bonus first. also, i remember reading that set pieces of different gs ie sentry's 191 + another sentrys 214 WILL NOT provide the set bonus, is that true?
I have not heard that but one of my Striker pieces is the weekly 240 reward and the others are lower so that doesn't seem right to me as all 4 work together to unlock the talent.

So I hit 30 and have started running some of the missions on hard. Managed to get around 100 GS so far.

Thing is though, I'm replacing gear that's better purely because it has no GS on it. Should I be doing that or just sticking with the non GS stuff?

Also what GS level can I start doing the challenge modes at?

Kadin

So I hit 30 and have started running some of the missions on hard. Managed to get around 100 GS so far.

Thing is though, I'm replacing gear that's better purely because it has no GS on it. Should I be doing that or just sticking with the non GS stuff?

Also what GS level can I start doing the challenge modes at?
GS is just a number and that's it. While it might have the potential to be better, don't go off that alone. Be sure to pick the right piece that is best for your build.

As to GS for doing Challenging missions, I believe they're listed at 130 minimum recommended. I'd honestly try and push for 150-160 at least but that's just me. Also if you can get to around 85k/60k/15k I would think you should be okay with a decent group.

Rizific

I have not heard that but one of my Striker pieces is the weekly 240 reward and the others are lower so that doesn't seem right to me as all 4 work together to unlock the talent.

thanks for clearing that up. iirc, i remember reading that in this thread.

EL CUCO

Good DZ session with Grim and Gong. Finally hit 75 but there's no way I'm going back to crafting a gazillion Vectors again. Hopefully there's something better next week.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Increase DPS by 250%, keep armor caps the same.
Genius.

lookin damn fine

I don't even think increasing the armor cap is the solution (unless they also increase armor scaling). Just straight up increase the PVP damage reduction by 20% (I would say just 10% but remember reckless is bugged and nearly everyone is using it lol so after fixing that it would be like nothing changed).

I don't think there's a damage problem in PvE, a lot of groups are running two electronics builds and I don't think a game like this is currently suited for a required or designated "tank" role. The fuck is a tank going to do just run around like an idiot soaking damage or just being a lumbering riot shield? Na. Game needs to evolve more before a tank is shoe-horned into PvE. I guess the damage problem could be that CM mobs just 1 shot you sometimes despite 65% armor 100k hp rofl. But I think that's more of a balance problem from Massive, they think "Challenge" = ludicrous damage from NPCs. That's no fun, challenge comes from the tough mechanics and coordination not a random shotgun NPC hitting you for 75% of your health from across the room.

TsuWave

Ok, whats wrong with the picture? :D :p (not the language)

the chest. it happens if you kill a named enemy and he drops the gold item next to one of them blue items chests. when you open it, it will merge both drops as if they came from the same chest. at least that's what happened to me.

ChrisW

Finally completed incursion on hard, thought teammate had ruined it though, but thankfully we pulled through.

Shame I didn't get mission reward :(

GS is just a number and that's it. While it might have the potential to be better, don't go off that alone. Be sure to pick the right piece that is best for your build.

As to GS for doing Challenging missions, I believe they're listed at 130 minimum recommended. I'd honestly try and push for 150-160 at least but that's just me. Also if you can get to around 85k/60k/15k I would think you should be okay with a decent group.

Thanks. No probs, I kept the gear that I replaced so I'll maybe swap it back around!

Which console are you on? Not really sure what the "recommended" GS is for CMs, but if your on PS4 I'll be happy to help run you through some whenever I'm online.

That would be awesome! My PSN is - Souldestroyer199.

I see a lot of DGAF in here too, hopefully get some groups going from there too!

Is like to see a video of Skill Up doing a full "no cheese" CM with a controller on a console with a 191 GS crew.

He won't cause it's not possible, not after the mortar hotfix anyway.

I don't want to spend 2-3 hours in a trench waiting for enemies to trickle down so we can kill them one by one, or get one shotted by a shot-gunner from across the map.

Is like to see a video of Skill Up doing a full "no cheese" CM with a controller on a console with a 191 GS crew.

Considering the amount of shotgunners, snipers and the APC firing at you every 10 secs i don't know hos it's possible to do this mission in a "no cheese" way ..

The underground area is a Boring way to do the mission, but that's because the mission is boring and frustrating to the extreme.

Deku Tree

He won't cause it's not possible, not after the mortar hotfix anyway.

I don't want to spend 2-3 hours in a trench waiting for enemies to trickle down so we can kill them one by one, or get one shotted by a shot-gunner from across the map.

Yeah I consider it to be really bad game design. Doesn't sound fun at all. I have no interest in playing the CM incursion. The Division Game is a mess.

Considering the amount of shotgunners, snipers and the APC firing at you every 10 secs i don't know hos it's possible to do this mission in a "no cheese" way ..

The underground area is a Boring way to do the mission, but that's because the mission is boring and frustrating to the extreme.

Yeah. Booring.

I just don't understand... what do 4 dz lvl 90s get out of gunning down every single person in the DZ!?

Just minding my own business up in DZ04 and they mow me down before I knew what hit me... stupidest shit on earth this "pvp" is...

I don't think I will be getting those patterns anytime soon, seems like every time I level the rogues come and knock me back down /facepalm

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I just don't understand... what do 4 dz lvl 90s get out of gunning down every single person in the DZ!?

Just minding my own business up in DZ04 and they mow me down before I knew what hit me... stupidest shit on earth this "pvp" is...
DZ is a shit show for PvE players.

I'm just glad a lot of the people are more than happy to cheese into the lower bracket because it's been fairly quiet lately.

Poetaster

Banned

I saw someone make the analogy in the division subreddit that the DZ is PVP like the knockout game is a boxing match.

The writing was on the wall for awhile, but the last patch has turned the game and the community into a rolling dumpster fire.

Hard to believe that just slightly over a month ago there was a large group of Division-avatar'd posters evangelizing anyone they could find about how the Division was everything Destiny wasn't at launch, and how Massive were player-relations saints compared to Bungie.

The frontpage of the r/thedivision reddit is basically all-out war at the moment.

It's messed up, those weapon patterns are pretty much untouchable since you can't farm materials or level up to buy them and the guys maxed out are just making sure only they can stay at the top by force =S

I have good gear but hell 75k hp and 61% mitigation means shit all and you die in a second anyways, so I can't even attempt to fight back lmao

Kadin

The writing was on the wall for awhile, but the last patch has turned the game and the community into a rolling dumpster fire.

Hard to believe that just slightly over a month ago there was a large group of Division-avatar'd posters evangelizing anyone they could find about how the Division was everything Destiny wasn't at launch, and how Massive were player-relations saints compared to Bungie.

The frontpage of the r/thedivision reddit is basically all-out war at the moment.
And don't even think about going to the official forums. That place isn't moderated at all it seems and it's beyond toxic.

Bizazedo

I saw someone make the analogy in the division subreddit that the DZ is PVP like the knockout game is a boxing match.
If Massive could do math, it would be fine. It is supposed to be chaotic and random and like MMO PvP servers....

....but that doesn't work when the gear / gear sets make TTK so low and defense not matter. The game is great when one can react.

With the math as it is, that is not happening.

And don't even think about going to the official forums. That place isn't moderated at all it seems and it's beyond toxic.

Bungie.net's the same way, unsurprising.

My post was actually meant to go in a gaming-side thread about a forbes article re: the game eating itself, sorry for the weird lack of context and also shitting up the OT. :)

Top Bottom