• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Deku Tree

The writing was on the wall for awhile, but the last patch has turned the game and the community into a rolling dumpster fire.

Hard to believe that just slightly over a month ago there was a large group of Division-avatar'd posters evangelizing anyone they could find about how the Division was everything Destiny wasn't at launch, and how Massive were player-relations saints compared to Bungie.

The frontpage of the r/thedivision reddit is basically all-out war at the moment.

Well the incursion is a boring one room horde mode, and the loot system is grindy garbage, and they re-wrote the game economy one month after launch to make it much worse, and the game is so bug riddled that if you don't exploit then you fall behind. And the exploits are super boring. And Massive was very misleading in their statements about how the loot system was changing with update 1.1. Rather than tell us their listening and planning to fix the game, they are instead threatening to ban people. So yeah Massive messed up big time.

Poetaster

Banned
If Massive could do math, it would be fine. It is supposed to be chaotic and random and like MMO PvP servers....

....but that doesn't work when the gear / gear sets make TTK so low and defense not matter. The game is great when one can react.

With the math as it is, that is not happening.
As someone who's played solo 99% of the time I agree completely. Add in glitches like groups having double revives and it makes taking on a group gone rogue incredibly frustrating.

What stat if any boosts DZ credits?
There's a kneepad perk called perceptive that boosts dz credit gains by 10% if I'm not mistaken.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Well the incursion is a boring one room horde mode, and the loot system is grindy garbage, and they re-wrote the game economy one month after launch to make it much worse, and the game is so bug riddled that if you don't exploit then you fall behind. And the exploits are super boring. And Massive was very misleading in their statements about how the loot system was changing with update 1.1. Rather than tell us their listening and planning to fix the game, they are instead threatening to ban people. So yeah Massive messed up big time.

Yeah I had a lot of hope about the most recent loot update but they just straight up lied to their community. The update was not an attempt to shift the gear game from crafting to farming named bosses/drops. No, all the yellows you get from named bosses are complete dogshit and the best items are still behind the crafting wall (and now unobtainable to boot trolololol).

They desperately need to make farming bosses feel fun and rewarding. You should have a decent chance of getting 204+ weapons and armor pieces from random darkzone bosses and CM's because (especially true for weapons) said weapons are still going to be shit because of the talents. So you're still going to have people grinding out bosses and DZ, but at least give some hope that you can find a massive upgrade in there every once in awhile. Right now I only know that 100% my upgrades will solely come from weekly incursion reward (boring, one time) or crafting (again boring, behind a massive wall DZ-wise).

I just want to go out in the world and shoot things, and have a chance of that god weapon or armor piece dropping, then I get to scream in mumble at my friends and I get to hear them scream when they get something awesome. That's what makes POE fun, that's what makes diablo fun. Killing things and having a chance of getting something awesome from said things as you constantly upgrade your character. This game is lacking that completely and it all goes back to the quality of loot drops. That's what makes these exploits so appealing (and to many even, exciting), you're seeing those big 240's drop and comparing them with your buddies. Imagine if that same experience could happen in the DZ after every boss kill where you compare and talk about loot, but naaa, with the current model that's relegated to exploits.

Right now I just, craft 3-4 things ---> grind xp, credits, and mats for 10 years ---> craft 3-4 things ---> grind xp, credits, and mats for 10 years. Rinse and repeat. That's not a very exciting upgrade or character progression model.

Sucks that the TIV for the ps4 version on Amazon is so low. I wanted to lock in just in case they actually issue bans for the incursion cheese.

TsuWave

As someone who's played solo 99% of the time I agree completely. Add in glitches like groups having double revives and it makes taking on a group gone rogue incredibly frustrating.

yeah, right alongside non rogue players being able to revive rogue players without going rogue themselves if they are in the same party, and if you try to shoot them to prevent them from reviving the rogue, you end up going rogue yourself since they weren't then both of them drop you and you lose extra xp and currency because lol massive

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
They need to stop the glitch of armor re-arrganging its stuff in the inventory.

I had a Tacticians Bag which I didn't need and knew it was at the top of the list, I wasn't paying full attention dismantled the top one and noticed the Tacticians swapped places with my Sentry. Yea my fault but kinda annoying.

They need to stop the glitch of armor re-arrganging its stuff in the inventory.

I had a Tacticians Bag which I didn't need and knew it was at the top of the list, I wasn't paying full attention dismantled the top one and noticed the Tacticians swapped places with my Sentry. Yea my fault but kinda annoying.

It's so annoying when you're trying to delete stuff in the DZ backpack as well..

ChrisW

Anyone know why I suddenly set on fire when running down a street in DZ, I didn't get shot (There was rouges on the rooftop) but they didn't know I was there. SUDDENLY i'm on fire!

Nearly got myself to DZ 50 nowas solo, but it's so tough. I'm getting killed all the time by rouge teams of 4+ and then I can't venture too high in the DZ cause 32 enemies wipe me out if i'm on my own

spyder_ur

Went in top left DZ06 entrance to do a Divtech run. Spawn in, help some people clear the flamethrower guys. Dude dies, I go to his corpse, see he has a HE M1. He's respawned, sees me pick it up, but I go back to the checkpoint before he can react. Wait 3 minutes, come out, he fires on me. Take him down, run all the way down to DZ 04, he follows, down him again and extract.

It's the little moments.

M1 had Deadly, Destructive, and Determined. Not bad.

CLBridges

So I reached level 30 today and got my gear score up to 111. Should I now just roam the DZ for better loot? I've done some of the dailies and working towards weekly stuff. I just know I'm gonna get ganked in the DZ lol, I'm rolling solo ATM.

deadduck

So I reached level 30 today and got my gear score up to 111. Should I now just roam the DZ for better loot? I've done some of the dailies and working towards weekly stuff. I just know I'm gonna get ganked in the DZ lol, I'm rolling solo ATM.

Start with running General Assembly mission then Challenge modes now to start building some HE gear.

Buy blueprints.

I'd avoid the DZ right now unless you have a group.

I can run one with you if you're looking to..

Need a bit of an early (well it's nearly 1am here) night, will be up for one tomorrow tho.

CLBridges

Start with running General Assembly mission then Challenge modes now to start building some HE gear.

Buy blueprints.

I'd avoid the DZ right now unless you have a group.

Cool, thanks. Kinda figured as much about the DZ lol. Gonna run GA a few times then and go from there.

J-Rzez

Lol good luck Nacho. These guys are asking for it. They got some bad media on them already, what are they going to do when players get posses and cause an uproar over bans from their shoddy programming, lack of QA, and just garbage content experience. Blaming the players for their half-assed work. While letting the griefers and hackers run wild in the DZ.

Hell, i'll email some writers myself. And that's all Ubisoft needs right now.

CLBridges

Went into DZ solo just to peek, got some high level stuff extracted, I know I'm lttp but that was a thrill. Teamed up with some randoms but quickly got steamrolled by some high level rogues on a manhunt lol. I don't mind it though.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
New color? Solid - Plum.

j0ChQUx.png

Wolfe

yeah id like to end up with a mix of both, but as someone who can afford only one right now i think im going to go with the sentry's' 2pc bonus first. also, i remember reading that set pieces of different gs ie sentry's 191 + another sentrys 214 WILL NOT provide the set bonus, is that true?

thanks for clearing that up. iirc, i remember reading that in this thread.

Yeah I dunno why that was being tossed around but I've got the three piece striker bonus and two pieces are GS 191 while the third is 214 so the GS number doesn't matter in that regard.

On another note I did a MM lexington CM last night and noticed a few minutes after we got started that were was two extra people running it with us... First time I'd encountered that.

Edit: speaking of weapon skins, when the hell are these going to not take up inventory/stash space? I've got like 20 of the them on me now (not counting the 5 I currently have equipped on weapons) and I can only imagine they have a ton of different colors/styles still in the pipe. God forbid you want multiples of each color lol.

leng jai

Why aren't there more complaints about the cosmetics in this game? I've got like 40 jackets and 90% of them look almost exactly the same aside from colour. There's zero difference between male/female clothing from what I can see also. You can't even preview stuff you buy from vendors. It's absolutely pathetic.

TsuWave

i got the perk "coolheaded - performing a headshot reduces all skills cooldowns by 6%", alongside "balanced" on a 204 FW M1A.

man this thing is awesome. my skill power is only 20K but i get my pulse back so quick thanks to this thing, i'm gonna try and pair it with the 20% skill haste tactician set bonus.

J-Rzez

i got the perk "coolheaded - performing a headshot reduces all skills cooldowns by 6%", alongside "balanced" on a 204 FW M1A.

man this thing is awesome. my skill power is only 20K but i get my pulse back so quick thanks to this thing, i'm gonna try and pair it with the 20% skill haste tactician set bonus.

Nice. Where did you get it to drop?

darkwing

yup I have it, works well with sentry/tactician

Wolfe

Why aren't there more complaints about the cosmetics in this game? I've got like 40 jackets and 90% of them looks almost exactly the same aside from colour. There's zero difference between male/female clothing from what I can see also. You can't even preview stuff you buy from vendors. It's absolutely pathetic.

My main issue is the menus for the cosmetic/vanity gear, maybe more sub categories for example all "trendy" jackets being their own sub category within Jackets. As it stands now I have to sit there scrolling for what feels like forever if I want to check out a new item since they always populate at the bottom at first. Plus it's just a chore going through and checking out how things look together when you have to constantly scroll just to find anything.

I have to wonder how can they punish people for using the exploit because until now they actually welcomed and told Players to use the exploits and they would not be punished. They did this going all the way back to Bullet King even showed exploits on their twitch stream but now all of a sudden players will get in trouble for using exploits? Also their Code of Conduct is something that just recently started working and became viewable up until Thrusday you could not see the Code of Conduct and all we agreed to via the ToS was to not hack the game like what is going on right now on the PC version.

I haven't played in a while but there was another glitch and they are threatening bans? lol

Maybe I should get back in the game and try the incursion and then trade it in

And the incursion is just fighting waves of enemies in one place? Is it any fun? I paid 40 + tax for the game and can get 35 for the trade in right now

Wolfe

I have to wonder how can they punish people for using the exploit because until now they actually welcomed and told Players to use the exploits and they would not be punished.

Bit of a difference between stuff like bullet king and the rehab bug vs utilizing out of bounds and going through geometry just to kill a boss without actually fighting the encounter.

I know a lot of people like to say "an exploit is an exploit!" but that's not how things work in the real world. Just like crimes have varying degrees of severity so can bugs and exploits be more or less worse than others.

I do agree that they shouldn't punish anyone though, and instead need to focus on stopping what is allowing the exploits and how to make the players enjoy the content they're providing more.

Minimaul

Sweet! I'll be on tonight in about an hour, lets get a group going.

(I thought we had it that time!)

Perfect. Yeah, perhaps that's why we failed, we got cocky and then we got smacked down. It seems like goal number 1 of any new wave is to ensure that everyone immediately destroys the drones. Number 2 would be the shotgunners.

Top Bottom