• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Explosive rounds could use a good nerf.

Was running the DZ daily of killing a named when 2 people near me went manhunt. Figured why waste an opportunity.

One shot on both of them. Gained one full DZ rank.

ViciousDS

Banned
my buddy messages me and tells me you can get free incursion loot..........why am I not surprised Massive can't release something without an insane exploit dear god.

I just watched a video......of course.....it would use mobile cover lol..........is this something they can't seem to fix?

how decent is the custom m44 blueprint (the one that used to be in the dz and is now in the BoO)? i need a stopgap until the 204 m1a comes back, and my 131 ma1 is killing my gear score (and apparently people think 180ish gs isn't enough for challening missions.)

so, are the bolt actions decent?

Rizific

how decent is the custom m44 blueprint (the one that used to be in the dz and is now in the BoO)? i need a stopgap until the 204 m1a comes back, and my 131 ma1 is killing my gear score (and apparently people think 180ish gs isn't enough for challening missions.)

Stop caring about GS. I'm still rocking a purple m1a. 170gs shitting on my buddies with 176+ gs. "how is your m1a critting for 500k while my high end m1a only crits for 300?". GS doesn't tell the whole story.

So I have an extended mag for a Midas (24.5% crit chance) with Responsive (damage 13% when closer than 10m), Self-preserved (crit hits heal user for 3% damage delt), and Vicious (crit chance increase by 13% when at dull health)

I am currently using mag (84.5%. Mag size and 21.9% rate of fire)
Just got at 85.5% mag size and crit chance 7% mag

Which do I use

fr0st

Banned
So I have an extended mag for a Midas (24.5% crit chance) with Responsive (damage 13% when closer than 10m), Self-preserved (crit hits heal user for 3% damage delt), and Vicious (crit chance increase by 13% when at dull health)

Which do I use
You have another SMG? Cause midas is really bad and might be the worst SMG since it has set talents and low RoF even with mods.

Stop caring about GS. I'm still rocking a purple m1a. 170gs shitting on my buddies with 176+ gs. "how is your m1a critting for 500k while my high end m1a only crits for 300?". GS doesn't tell the whole story.

i know it doesn't mean anything, but like i said, i've been immediately kicked from a few challenging missions because of it.

spyder_ur

The M44 is great. I actually prefer it to the M1 in a lot of ways because the tempo of it suits me a bit more. M44 with explosive rounds might be the most fun the game has to offer in terms of shooting a weapon right now. Throw a rate of fire mod on it.

And great point about getting kicked for missions. It's part of the reason the cheeses are so damaging, in addition to the non-normalized PvP.

First Wave M1A...163 GS.

With Stable...not Balanced.

Fuck my life.

Reached DZ Rank 50. But that is useless now.

Edit: And Midas dropped too. But I prefer AR over SMG generally.

Wolfe

First Wave M1A...163 GS.

With Stable...not Balanced.

Fuck my life.

Reached DZ Rank 50. But that is useless now.

Edit: And Midas dropped too. But I prefer AR over SMG generally.

That's like my Socom M1A drop having Accurate instead of Balanced while my M44 rolled Balanced :p

You're telling me lol, I'm rank 27. I've been playing solo a lot due to connectivity issues so my DZ time has been somewhat limited.

Good Luck Sir

47knMg5.gif

Strikers set is insane. I only have three pieces to it, can't imagine how hard it will hit when I get the fourth.

I need to recalibrate burn resistance on this gear set. When wearing this set I drop like a fly when enemies use fire.

Just need Larae or Finch to drop those gloves and I'm set.

alife

Been farming the Incursion on Hard for a while now attempting to acquire a Sentry Call's Holster (In order to use my Reckless vest to keep up with exploiters in the DZ)... was going to finish another one just now but at the end after I planted the explosive, I go down along with 2 other people because the person I told to pop the ULT, didn't pop it. He is the last one standing and all he needed to do was fucking stay alive. I'm spamming in chat, "POP THE ULT". And of course he stands there like a fucking retard and doesn't do something as simple as press "T" on the keyboard. Some people are so stupid. I feel like stepping on that fool's face repeatedly.

/rant

ch4fx_

You're actually doing the out of bounds mobile cover cheese? Doesn't that take like an hour per run trying to hit it with the sticky bomb? :p

EXPLOIT OR DIE
/s

1 (maybe 2) of the dudes on our team had a pretty decent skill power, so the first time went by rather quick. The 2nd time, however, I had major issues actually getting all the way up the ladder, so that run was kind of a pain in the ass.

I didn't time either run, but once you start actually damaging the APC, I think the "ladder" cheese was quicker than the "wall" cheese -- but I'm sure this depends on your teams skill power/BFB mods.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
You're actually doing the out of bounds mobile cover cheese? Doesn't that take like an hour per run trying to hit it with the sticky bomb? :p

20-30 mins but sadly no chance at 240 gear unless someone has a level 30 alt (and you're on PC)

it ain't worth it to me to do that mind-numbingly boring run for a very small chance at a usable 204 wep

Maximus P

Holy shit im getting ganked today.

Death squads of 6+ everywhere. Killing on site. It doesn't matter if you have loot or not.

I wouldn't mind so much but they all seem to be 190+ so they don't need the large numbers.

Me and my friend dont stand a chance.

Good Job we don't give a shit. We've had nothing but shit loot all day anyway.lol

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
but where else does a 204 weapon drop

that is true but man those runs feel absolutely horrible and it's like a 0.001% of getting a usable weapon cuz first a weapon has to drop (and not shitty mods or armor) and then second it has to roll at least 2 decent talents (MAYBE 1).

just not worth it to me since i wanna kill myself after an hour of sticky bombing lol, i'd rather just be killing people in the dz if im not getting guaranteed 240 loot

also they really needed to have some sort of downside to the sentry 4 piece bonus to keep it in check for DZ (like with striker's), they absolutely did not think that through it is broken as fuck in the darkzone

Tratorn

I am stuck on connecting screen .

I have that same problem since several days:

What the fuck is going on with the login servers (on PS4)? Since 2-3 days I need like 5 or even more minutes to finally login. I have to restart the login process even by restarting the game, because it seems to enter an infinite loop.
F'ing annoying.

You have to completely restart the game when that happens.

Maximus P

Haha.

This is just a huge free for all now.

It's like playing a 3rd person call of duty but with a huge map.

Nobody gives a shit about NPCs or loot or anything other than showing everyone how powerful they are on the server I'm on. Theyre just running around killing each other.

Much fun.

Edit: and to the guy who inevitably just shot me in the back at extraction after he made out he was friendly....enjoy all your blue items I collected for you. I didn't pick up any gold becuase I knew you were a massive twat when you started following me around.

Daffy Duck

Haha.

This is just a huge free for all now.

It's like playing a 3rd person call of duty but with a huge map.

Nobody gives a shit about NPCs or loot or anything other than showing everyone how powerful they are on the server I'm on. Theyre just running around killing each other.

Much fun.

Edit: and to the guy who inevitably just shot me in the back at extraction after he made out he was friendly....enjoy all your blue items I collected for you. I didn't pick up any gold becuase I knew you were a massive twat when you started following me around.

So a pretty authentic post apocalyptic world then

Maximus P

So a pretty authentic post apocalyptic world then

yeah, i guess lol.

It's the sense of helplessness that is making this game poor for me. I love the gun play, the loot system, the setting...the game at it's core is brilliant, but there is no skill at all in the multiplayer portion of the game.

I have a sort of OK sniper rifle that has 110k dps that couldn't down a rouge with four explosive rounds to the head. The guy didn't even try to heal because i might as well have blown fresh air into his face for the effect it had. He just casual walked right up to my reloading guy and downed me with a quick burst.

Good loot should give you an advantage over less well equipped players, not make you invincible.

My best moments in the dark zone were all pre-level 30, meeting new friends, hunting rouges, going rouge myself on occasion... What I'm seeing now is teams of rouges being ignored and avoided because there's no point even trying.

ChrisW

My best moments in the dark zone were all pre-level 30, meeting new friends, hunting rouges, going rouge myself on occasion... What I'm seeing now is teams of rouges being ignored and avoided because there's no point even trying.

This! I dont even try anymore

deadduck

Which do I use

There's better ways to raise crit chance than a magazine. Use gear and mods.

ROF is terrible on Midas, so ROF mag.

SkylineRKR

Midas is T861 right? Its shit. But yes, go for ROF.

Vector is shit too I nocited, crafted a Tactical AUG with Destructive, Deadly and Fierce. My Vector is a good roll as well, but the AUG feels much better and has more bullets too.

Navy MP5 I still want to buy but I want Striker Mask first. Not swimming in funds, lol.

Top Bottom