• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

SkylineRKR

Strikers set is insane. I only have three pieces to it, can't imagine how hard it will hit when I get the fourth.

I need to recalibrate burn resistance on this gear set. When wearing this set I drop like a fly when enemies use fire.

Just need Larae or Finch to drop those gloves and I'm set.

I feel 4 isn't worth it. The talent has a drop off on misses, which will probably be sort of hard to maintain on console.

EL CUCO

If you feel there is nothing wrong then you have been living under a very large rock.
Game isn't perfect, but I'm enjoying it just as much as I was when it first launched. The crafting nerf and exploits dont bother me enough to bitch and complain every 5 mintues.

And if it ever does get that far, I'd leave it in a heartbeat. Thankfully there's some more content to look forward to, and Massive seems to have the right tools in place to work on the game quickly.

SkylineRKR

The crafting is a pain. Because the chance of crafting something good is slim. One thing I hated about vanilla Destiny was doing chest runs. In Division you now have to do the exact same stuff but even more of it. Gear pieces drop a lot, fabric is not a problem. For me its Tools. Weapon mods almost never drop for me.

The Striker bonus is only worth it on an LMG with a big clip. But why would anyone ever want to use an LMG?

I enjoy using the Pakhan in CM now and then. I hope they'll buff LMG somehow. Same goes for shotguns. Its mainly SMG and Sniper, and Assault Rifles do a good job. Sort of boring.

Haven't played since Tuesday, boot it up and the game is placing me in the 161+ DZ every time even though my gear is in the 150s. Not trying to be one shotted by try hards. Why does Massive not want people to play their game?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So what's the consesus for the best combination of gear sets? I'm guessing 4 Sentrys Call and 2 Strikers?
4 strikers for tanks, 4 sentry for everything else (particularly in groups). 3/3 is workable for SMGs if you have a high crit chance.

I enjoy using the Pakhan in CM now and then. I hope they'll buff LMG somehow. Same goes for shotguns. Its mainly SMG and Sniper, and Assault Rifles do a good job. Sort of boring.
Yeah, pretty much. SMG's with a natural crit chance and Snipers with the headshot damage make it so that there's no reason to use much of anything else.

EL CUCO

Haven't played since Tuesday, boot it up and the game is placing me in the 161+ DZ every time even though my gear is in the 150s. Not trying to be one shotted by try hards. Why does Massive not want people to play their game?
Actually all the try hards are in the lower bracket now since most of them are exploiting to get matched in 161- lol

Do you have any higher scored gear in your stash? Game seems to be taking that into account now.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
The hot fix made it so that the items in your stash count towards your GS for DZ ranking.
You can get around this by dropping your higher items onto an alt.

ElyrionX

Was thinking of giving this a shot but will I enjoy it if I don't have a regular group of friends to play with? Does it have decent matchmaking with randoms? It's mainly a PvE game is it?

Maximus P

I un-installed this today. The final straw was having a very high leveled 8 man team of Rouge's kill my friends and I for no reason (we had no loot) before sitting outside the DZ spawn point all clapping before killing us again....and again.

If this is the vision Massive had for the end game then i want no more part of it.

A seemingly terrible community and bizarre design choices have made this game more annoying than fun for casuals.

They really should have tested their updates more and created more to do for players that aren't willing to poop sock their way to indestructible levels.

Overall, Ive had a blast with the game, and the co-op campaign was lots of fun. I may look back in a couple of months but I'm done for now.

Actually all the try hards are in the lower bracket now since most of them are exploiting to get matched in 161- lol

Do you have any higher scored gear in your stash? Game seems to be taking that into account now.

Yeah I saw a few tryhards in this thread doing that. I have 0 items in my stash.

Klyka

Banned
I un-installed this today. The final straw was having a very high leveled 8 man team of Rouge's kill my friends and I for no reason (we had no loot) before sitting outside the DZ spawn point all clapping before killing us again....and again.

If this is the vision Massive had for the end game then i want no more part of it.

A seemingly terrible community and bizarre design choices have made this game more annoying than fun for casuals.

They really should have tested their updates more and created more to do for players that aren't willing to poop sock their way to indestructible levels.

Overall, Ive had a blast with the game, and the co-op campaign was lots of fun. I may look back in a couple of months but I'm done for now.

you could have just switched instances or teleported to another entrance *shrug*

Maximus P

We did. They chased us down and killed us again.

Tbh. I would really have liked to have seen a area just outside the checkpoint in which you are invulnerable.

Ryhian

Anyone on PS4 down to do some DZ level grinding? I'm still fairly newb when it comes to the map in the zone but looking to grind out some levels today. Currently around 42.

PSN: Ryhian

Birdman02

I had my first rogue hunting experience last night, and it was a blast. It was 1v4, so it didn't go great. But these guys didn't hit real hard, so I was almost always able to take down 1 or 2 before they downed me.

I had always avoided rogue players before. My gear isn't great, but I finally realized last night that I can hold my own in certain situations. i need to grind DZ rank and buy/find some better weapons to make it even better.

ODDI

It's amazing that I can run Lexington CM in under 10 minutes with randoms, everyone knows their roles without saying a word.

Hjod

Banned
4 strikers for tanks, 4 sentry for everything else (particularly in groups). 3/3 is workable for SMGs if you have a high crit chance.

I run mostly solo, so I think I'll run 3 Strikers and 3 Sentry. Think that will work best for my play style. Thanks!

Kadin

I run mostly solo, so I think I'll run 3 Strikers and 3 Sentry. Think that will work best for my play style. Thanks!
I've been running this setup stacking as much Damage to Elites as I can get (at +55% atm) and it's pretty damn insane. Elites in DZ06 and Challenging absolutely melt with my Vector and my +RoF mag.

CLBridges

I haven't been playing the game since launch but have read about the changes/nerfs, hopefully Massive works it out. But, I'm having a pretty good time ATM. Steadily getting ganked in DZ rollin' solo but it's fun to me.

I'm like gear score 130-40 and was extracting some loot with two people in a group. All of a sudden one of the guys starts shooting me but I get my loot off. I then realize that they weren't doing much damage to me, he must have to cause he gets on the mic and said sorry mate for the shooting lol. The DZ can turn folks into savages lol. DZ is a big digital social experiment.

Pop

What's this I hear about Massive looking into punishing people using the Incursion exploit? That's some extreme bs.

Maybe Massive should.

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should exploit. When you do this and every other thing to cheese the game and then turn around and complain. I won't take you serious. The majority is enjoying the game because most aren't cheesing at every opportunity.

Hjod

Banned
I've been running this setup stacking as much Damage to Elites as I can get (at +55% atm) and it's pretty damn insane. Elites in DZ06 and Challenging absolutely melt with my Vector and my +RoF mag.

Yeah I use an Navy MP5 and when I hit 75 I'm getting an AUG (I would like to use a M249 or another LMG, but then I'm toast in the DZ) so I guess this is the gear I'm going for.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Yeah I use an Navy MP5 and when I hit 75 I'm getting an AUG (I would like to use a M249 or another LMG, but then I'm toast in the DZ) so I guess this is the gear I'm going for.

The AUG blueprint has gone though if thats what you meant, been replaced by a FW Vector.

JohnCYQ

TBH, 4pc Sentry + Savage Gloves >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 3/3 for solo.

3 headshots to a target boosts your damage by 45% (so if your headshot does 20k to the target, after 3 shots it jumps to 29k). This buff also affects non-headshot dmg by the way (after you apply the initial 3 headshots). This lets me shred NPCs in DZ way better than 20% armor dmg + 50% crit dmg would.

The only time 4pc Sentry is bad is when you are facing a non-human target like drones/turrets etc.

Kadin

TBH, 4pc Sentry + Savage Gloves >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 3/3 for solo.

3 headshots to a target boosts your damage by 45% (so if your headshot does 20k to the target, after 3 shots it jumps to 29k). This buff also affects non-headshot dmg by the way (after you apply the initial 3 headshots). This lets me shred NPCs in DZ way better than 20% armor dmg + 50% crit dmg would.

The only time 4pc Sentry is bad is when you are facing a non-human target like drones/turrets etc.
I crit so much with capped crit chance and pulse that I'd rather keep the +50% crit dmg than go for the Sentry's talent. Plus my ability to always get headshots with a controller is pretty terrible it seems. The +20% armor dmg is also nothing to scoff at but like all things, people enjoy different setups. Glad there's a good bit of variety here and not an easy FotM that everyone will follow.

SkylineRKR

I specced on Elite damage as well. I have a harder time with Purple enemies. Regular Elites fall quicker.

TsuWave

before the patch i chased after this weapon relentlessly for days, and now that i have a GS 204 one via blueprint it finally decides to drop from a DZ boss, decent roll as well, harmful, toxic, balanced:

tumblr_o5sdv6uzjw1r6mcwfo1_540.png

i was going to give it to a friend but on the way to the checkpoint we got into a fight with a group of 4 rogues, it was only 2 of us and my friend isn't the most skilled so they got the weapon and extracted. actually managed to respawn and kill two of them but then survivor link comes into play from the other two and well, yeah...

Hjod

Banned
The AUG blueprint has gone though if thats what you meant, been replaced by a FW Vector.

Damnit, I forgot they rotated the blueprints haha.

I crit so much with capped crit chance and pulse that I'd rather keep the +50% crit dmg than go for the Sentry's talent. Plus my ability to always get headshots with a controller is pretty terrible it seems. The +20% armor dmg is also nothing to scoff at but like all things, people enjoy different setups. Glad there's a good bit of variety here and not an easy FotM that everyone will follow.

I'm in the same boat as Kadin actually, I aldo have a very high crit chance. But I'm goibg to try both builds actually, just need to stop working all the time so I can play haha.

Sober

95% of people running SMG/M1A is not FOTM? What?

ChrisW

Has anyone else noticed that DX bosses seem a bit harder and mobs too, do the mobs get harder the more your gear score increases? cause I've gone from 176 to 185 and I've noticed I get taken down a bit easier recently

Flintty

This is my biggest complaint with the game.

I get the DZ and even enjoy it. I understand the risks and that's what makes it fun. But getting smashed by people with incredibly higher gear than you repeatedly isn't fun.

When I join DZ with a group of friends, if one has lower GS than the rest he is put in a different instance by default and has to switch manually. How the fuck is this not the case with higher geared players not in your group? DZ should be match made by gear score brackets - that would fix most of the problems for me.

Game isn't perfect, but I'm enjoying it just as much as I was when it first launched. The crafting nerf and exploits dont bother me enough to bitch and complain every 5 mintues.

And if it ever does get that far, I'd leave it in a heartbeat. Thankfully there's some more content to look forward to, and Massive seems to have the right tools in place to work on the game quickly.

Seconded. It's only been out a month. I still enjoy playing. I'm gonna give it some time to see how the balances and extra content goes before I start joining in with all the uneccessary histrionics going on at the minute.

A bunch of very vocal griefers and cheesers who levelled up way quicker than most average folk would are having a hissy fit even though they have partly added to the problem. Makes sense.

Just spent four hours of my life trying to beat the incursion with some randoms. Mic'd and all, but they kept making stupid fucking mistakes. Not coordinating when turrets were disabled, running out to get the bomb when the bomb carrier wasn't dead, etc. Ugh. Made it to wave 13 at our best.

Has anyone else noticed that DX bosses seem a bit harder and mobs too, do the mobs get harder the more your gear score increases? cause I've gone from 176 to 185 and I've noticed I get taken down a bit easier recently

It's possible your gear is worse, even with a higher gear score. GS don't necessarily mean jack shit, since different ratings can overlap stat ranges.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Crafting seems broke. I noticed this last night but thought I'd made a mistake. I wanted to make an HE Electronics mod and it needs 6 Electronics and 4 Fabric.

I had 2 Electronics already so I only needed 4 pieces. I crafted 1 from blues and dismantled others I had no need for which gave 3. Total 4.

Great I have my 6 pieces available but when I got to the crafting it shows 4/6. Wheres the other 2 gone?

ChrisW

Just spent four hours of my life trying to beat the incursion with some randoms. Mic'd and all, but they kept making stupid fucking mistakes. Not coordinating when turrets were disabled, running out to get the bomb when the bomb carrier wasn't dead, etc. Ugh. Made it to wave 13 at our best.

It's possible your gear is worse, even with a higher gear score. GS don't necessarily mean jack shit, since different ratings can overlap stat ranges.

Nah i've managed to increase my health and firearms with adding two of the sentry gear sets. Also it added better crit chance and dmg values for me + increased armor, so better everything.

I'm getting a bit sick of players in groups of two or three being DZ level 99 and gear score 204 or w/e not even taking hardly any damage from me and able to take me out in half a mag. How am I even supposed to compete with that

theWB27

Why didn't you and your friend spawn at another checkpoint? It gives you more than one option. There's also the trick of forcing the game to switch servers.

Seems weird one would keep spawning at the same point.

Top Bottom