• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Red Hood

Banned
After a little over 50 hours I'm afraid I'm done, enjoyed my time with it. I took my sweet time (~40 hours) completing the singleplayer stuff in order to prepare myself for PvP and played an additional 10 hours in the Dark Zone (~135 gear score I think). But that hasn't been a very pleasant experience. I keep getting ganked by various three-party one-hit super builds, in addition to non-hostile agents turning rogue quite frequently and catching me off guard. Surely that can't mean we're all equally levelled or that DZ is balanced well enough. Anyway, I suppose that's the charm for many, but playing PvP solo so far hasn't proved very fun for me.

Man so many on the incursion are just asking if you know "the bug"...can't we just play the game?

This along with Massive's crafting nerf is what is killing the game for me. I totally get why people exploit the fuck out of this game but also I just wanna join a group and play the game, I don't wanna mobile cover through a fence and kill the boss over and over again and I don't wanna spend 5-10 minutes climbing up and down a ladder til the game fucks up and lets me float through the ceiling.

mackaveli

I got hard incursion reward again. Did it reset with the daily? I've done hard incursion numerous times with my guy. It was nice to get another 214 item I won't use.

TsuWave

After a little over 50 hours I'm afraid I'm done, enjoyed my time with it. I took my sweet time (~40 hours) completing the singleplayer stuff in order to prepare myself for PvP and played an additional 10 hours in the Dark Zone (~135 gear score I think). But that hasn't been a very pleasant experience. I keep getting ganked by various three-party one-hit super builds, in addition to non-hostile agents turning rogue quite frequently and catching me off guard. Surely that can't mean we're all equally levelled or that DZ is balanced well enough. Anyway, I suppose that's the charm for many, but playing PvP solo so far hasn't proved very fun for me.

you are supposed to be alert at all times in the DZ, like don't ever drop your guard regardless if random agents look/behave in a friendly manner. never let anyone walk behind you. i play solo and i learned that early. run pulse to check your surroundings and avoid other agents whenever possible/hide behind cars, take alternative routes. call bait/diversion extractions.

it also helps setting goals when playing solo in the DZ, stuff like "ok, i'm gonna farm DZ04 til i rank up x amount of times" or "til i have x amount of credits to buy x item", it helps with levelling up, you might also want to check good solo builds online. plus, the extraction area all the way to the right in DZ04 is the safest when playing solo, for some reason hardly anyone goes/extracts from there.

Archpath1

I was pretty surprised by the amount of randos that knew about cheesing and glitches
I always wondered if it was because they looked it up, or by others telling them
80% of the time randos knew glitches

Can't blame anyone glitching the incursion. Shit is like all the worst parts of the game put into a single room for 45 minutes. Bullet sponge enemies, one shot kills, and grenade spam. It's not super hard and people only wipe because by the time you get to wave 15, they just want to get the fuckin thing over with and end up making mistakes.

I was pretty surprised by the amount of randos that knew about cheesing and glitches
I always wondered if it was because they looked it up, or by others telling them
80% of the time randos knew glitches

You mean people who don't always play with the same players/group know the goings on and how to play a particular game? Amazing.

It's all I generally play with and have no trouble with the Incursion or CMs done legitimately. This idea that a "random" is a worse player or doesn't understand a particular game and it's mechanics is silly.

When I want to play a game/certain gametype the last thing I want to do is schedule it around someone else's life and gaming-time. Thank goodness for matchmaking and Ubisoft/Massive for offering it in all game modes.

Quazar

You mean people who don't always play with the same players/group know the goings on and how to play a particular game? Amazing.

It's all I generally play with and have no trouble with the Incursion or CMs done legitimately. This idea that a "random" is a worse player or doesn't understand a particular game and it's mechanics is silly.

When I want to play a game/certain gametype the last thing I want to do is schedule it around someone else's life and gaming-time. Thank goodness for matchmaking and Ubisoft/Massive for offering it in all game modes.

I agree for the most part. You get some bad ones but I don't experience it as much anymore. I think most are getting used to difficulty and general strats now.

Rizific

so ive been team AR since pretty much the beginning. didnt like what smgs had to offer. bought the vector blueprint a long time ago and after crafting a few, pretty much cemented my opinions on the smgs...then a he navy mp5 dropped. WOW.this thing is NASTY

Fury Sense

How high do gear levels go?

I was really happy to see gear rank-based matchmaking, but once I got into the 161+ tier it's pretty much the same as before the update: getting wrecked by everyone.

J-Rzez

What are the most efficient phoenix credit farms now, repeatable, outside of DZ? No friends on, thus DZ is out of the question for now.

Finally starting to get a build going that I'm happy with. Need to get a Sentry holster, and then I can focus on getting better armor.

Also the same daily missions again?

20160417210752_1_zpsspo3plnd.jpg

Archpath1

What are the most efficient phoenix credit farms now, repeatable, outside of DZ? No friends on, thus DZ is out of the question for now.

Lexington CM

Fairly easy less than 20 minutes

More than likely will pair up with speed runners, or people that know what to do

Daft Punk

Banned
Been stuck at 189 for a few days now. I don't know where I should be looking for the good gear/blueprints to level up my gear score. Any help?

J-Rzez

It is. Majority of the named HE's so far have been lame.

Its baffling how Massive think its ok for named unique weapons to not have anything special about them outside of finish. I can understand if this was a competitive game, but its not.

I mean, they just got around to set items. Everything about the game screams rushed and halfbaked. So much wasted potential.

ChrisW

Noticed something people who have the 4 gear set bonuses doing last night.

They would be near me and tag me in the head with a pistol(low dmg I imagine to not go rouge) which would proc their gear set skill (15% incresed damage for every HS) without them going rouge, giving them time to switch to main weapon and then mow me down because they could do a ton of dmg to me.

I only started to notice because I had these diamonds above my head and remember seeing a Skill-up video where he talked about what they mean

Noticed something people who have the 4 gear set bonuses doing last night.

They would be near me and tag me in the head with a pistol(low dmg I imagine to not go rouge) which would proc their gear set skill (15% incresed damage for every HS) without them going rouge, giving them time to switch to main weapon and then mow me down because they could do a ton of dmg to me.

I only started to notice because I had these diamonds above my head and remember seeing a Skill-up video where he talked about what they mean

holy shit that means sentry's 4 set bonus is broken in pvp if that's possible

headshot another agent with pistol for 15% damage buff that applies to everyone in the team, without going rogue.....

ChrisW

holy shit that means sentry's 4 set bonus is broken in pvp if that's possible

headshot another agent with pistol for 15% damage buff that applies to everyone in the team, without going rogue.....

Thought going rouge was based on a damage percentage dealt, so if they have a green pistol equiped then it will do hardly any damage

Thought going rouge was based on a damage percentage dealt, so if they have a green pistol equiped then it will do hardly any damage

If 1 player has the 4-set sentry bonus, it will apply for all teammates on proc.

White/green pistol makes it even worse, you could potentially headshot someone 2-3 times without going rogue and get 30-45% bonus..

The1Ski

Did I miss something with daily missions? Is there no rotation?

Side note: Things are beginning to feel more and more out of my control when it comes to farming gear. DZ has hackers. Enormous damage output disparity in DZ. Getting kicked from challenge mode missions right before the end. Crafting nerf wrecked me as a casual.

Just a bunch of things that are like a bunch of little kicks in the groin.

mr.beers

I encountered so many issues tonight that almost made me quit for good, if it weren't for my friends playing I think I would be done. Just in the one CM I had the audio issue where everything goes silent, fell through the world, enemies shooting us through walls(lag for all?), game froze requiring a restart. Myriad of issues I have never encountered in any Bethesda which are apparently the most broken games on the market not to say I didn't have issues occasionally with those games in the 1,000 hours I put into them but nothing like this. The Division I have either a audio bug or falling through the world issue everyday.

Top Bottom