• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Pixels

Did I miss something with daily missions? Is there no rotation?

Side note: Things are beginning to feel more and more out of my control when it comes to farming gear. DZ has hackers. Enormous damage output disparity in DZ. Getting kicked from challenge mode missions right before the end. Crafting nerf wrecked me as a casual.

Just a bunch of things that are like a bunch of little kicks in the groin.

I'm feeling the same. Thinking of stopping until the next major patch...

Bought the Navy MP5N BP, rolled with shit damage :(

6965 DMG. Better than the vector I had but still. Talents are Meticulous, vicious and unforgiving. Any good?

Also in the crafting screen it says that it has a mag size of 50, mine is only 32?

Klyka

Banned
Running an M44 with explosive rounds in the DZ is just hilarious

Just to see how it works I went rogue on three guys extracting their stuff and I one hit killed two of them before I managed to get the third one with a one shot kill as well as he ran away
I just waited there for them and let them kill me then, it was just too quick

kriskrosbbk

6965 DMG. Better than the vector I had but still. Talents are Meticulous, vicious and unforgiving. Any good?

Also in the crafting screen it says that it has a mag size of 50, mine is only 32?

Where is this new BP? BoO?

Regarding the mag size, it suggests what mag you would have with your current mag,that is why.

ChrisW

Bases it on your current main weapons load out i.e. the mag you have on your current vector what it would bump your MP5 up to

Bases it on your current main weapons load out i.e. the mag you have on your current vector what it would bump your MP5 up to

Where is this new BP? BoO?

Regarding the mag size, it suggests what mag you would have with your current mag,that is why.

Thanks guys!

Yeah it's from BoO.

There's also a nice extended mag purple at the vendor, puts the mp5 at 52 rounds and my lmg at 178.

Never used an g before but oh god is this thing a beast.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Can't blame anyone glitching the incursion. Shit is like all the worst parts of the game put into a single room for 45 minutes. Bullet sponge enemies, one shot kills, and grenade spam. It's not super hard and people only wipe because by the time you get to wave 15, they just want to get the fuckin thing over with and end up making mistakes.
It's funny because every single mission in the game is like this. The only difference is that by putting you into a room, they made it extremely tedious.
holy shit that means sentry's 4 set bonus is broken in pvp if that's possible

headshot another agent with pistol for 15% damage buff that applies to everyone in the team, without going rogue.....
Is anyone surprised? lol
The DZ is all about this kind of behaviour, and you can only imagine why some people would rather just avoid it altogether.

Is anyone surprised? lol
The DZ is all about this kind of behaviour, and you can only imagine why some people would rather just avoid it altogether.

The DZ is what it is and if some players don't like that, I get it. Problem is there are so many things broken in the game, that even players who like it will eventually just bail out and stop playing (some already have).

Just to see how it works I went rogue on three guys extracting their stuff and I one hit killed two of them before I managed to get the third one with a one shot kill as well as he ran away

Thought you were against the whole griefing and hunting bambi's thing?

Klyka

Banned
The DZ is what it is and if some players don't like that, I get it. Problem is there are so many things broken in the game, that even players who like it will eventually just bail out and stop playing (some already have).

Thought you were against the whole griefing and hunting bambi's thing?

While I killed them, like I said I waited there for them and let them kill me so in the end they got more out of it than they had before.

I just wanted to see if the M44 I had was capable of one shot kills and there wasn't really a rogue around to try it on.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
The update to crafting is seriously tiresome. I extracted 60 items all high-end from the DZ last night and I was still short on materials for crafting.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

I just find it funny that the hardcore DZ players are feeling exactly like what PvE players have been feeling since the second week. DZ guys want a place to PVP, PVE guys just want a place to co-op farm. And of course the DZ doesn't satisfy anyone now because, surprise surprise a PVP based entirely on RNG loot drops creates a massive unbalance.

Hahaha, at the gym at the moment so can't watch. Thanks for the update Death.

They eventually beat it, the 3 players were 214-222 GS and one even had a video on his stream doing the exploit..

Stream chat is totally toxic today....feel bad for Hamish.

I just find it funny that the hardcore DZ players are feeling exactly like what PvE players have been feeling since the second week. DZ guys want a place to PVP, PVE guys just want a place to co-op farm. And of course the DZ doesn't satisfy anyone now because, surprise surprise a PVP based entirely on RNG loot drops creates a massive unbalance.

Yup, with supply drops and general drop rates in the DZ being super underwhelming, I'm not sure what the future holds for the DZ. I still like it for what it is but some fundamental things need to change asap for this mode to remain interesting..

Hjod

Banned
They eventually beat it, the 3 players were 214-222 GS and one even had a video on his stream doing the exploit..

Stream chat is totally toxic today....feel bad for Hamish.

I agree, no need to be toxic at all. Better to give constructive criticism, but we all know how good the internet is at that.

Is the Incursion on hard do-able with 4 x 175-180's? If not, back to the DZ I go :)

The hunted becomes the hunter. Welcome to the fold.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yup, with supply drops and general drop rates in the DZ being super underwhelming, I'm not sure what the future holds for the DZ. I still like it for what it is but some fundamental things need to change asap for this mode to remain interesting..
I find it funny that they were proud of the fact that players were spending twice as much time in the DZ when it was basically because there was nothing to do in the game. They funneled more people there by removing the penalties, but they also made it a potentially more toxic place because there's no reason not to go rogue if you were planning on being an asshole anyway.

(It's doubly funny because in the very thin lore of this game, going Rogue is the equivalent of betraying the United States since half the game involves you hunting down First Wave agents. I wonder if at the end of Russian Consulate, Hornet could just wait 5 minutes and then have his rogue timer turn off? :p)

Since they can clearly bracket off players in the DZ, they just need two types of DZ. The DZ you have now where people can bring whatever crap they want and a normalized DZ where all PVP damage is the same regardless of your gear sets/gear drops and the game comes down to skill.

Well, bonus if they can allow people to make private DZ instances that you can just play with friends. Disable DZ rank gain in this mode if it would make some people "mad" for whatever reason.

rpcdrag0n

GS does not matter that much, the recommended GS is 130 for hard btw.

Team work, skill balance and communication is way more important that good gear and higher GS.

Ah ok cool - was weary on getting instantly nailed like the first challenging I tried weeks back. Good to know, thanks!

Deku Tree

Stream chat is totally toxic today....feel bad for Hamish

Lol they wouldn't have been able to bear CM otherwise.

Ubi should have given you four chances to get CM loot per week instead of locking the three other chances behind having leveled up three additional identical characters.

I find it funny that they were proud of the fact that players were spending twice as much time in the DZ when it was basically because there was nothing to do in the game. They funneled more people there by removing the penalties, but they also made it a potentially more toxic place because there's no reason not to go rogue if you were planning on being an asshole anyway.

(It's doubly funny because in the very thin lore of this game, going Rogue is the equivalent of betraying the United States since half the game involves you hunting down First Wave agents. I wonder if at the end of Russian Consulate, Hornet could just wait 5 minutes and then have his rogue timer turn off? :p)

Since they can clearly bracket off players in the DZ, they just need two types of DZ. The DZ you have now where people can bring whatever crap they want and a normalized DZ where all PVP damage is the same regardless of your gear sets/gear drops and the game comes down to skill.

Well, bonus if they can allow people to make private DZ instances that you can just play with friends. Disable DZ rank gain in this mode if it would make some people "mad" for whatever reason.

The second they made a RNG loot game with an area with PvP element that doesn't have brackets. Like driving a car at 88mph with no brakes and loose steering, you're gonna see some shit lol

DZ rank 87.....so close to 90 then I can buy the Valkyria and promptly never use it i'd imagine :D

Has anyone found themselves buying stuff with Phoenix Credits just for the sake of it, they've gone from most wanted currency to almost worthless since 1.1.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
just saw this video on Reddit about the challanges Blizzard had with Diablo III and how they fixed it. Massive should take note and fix the Division asap.

This sums up all the current problems that Division has currently.

http://www.gdcvault.com/play/1021776...g-Hells-Diablo
Everyone has made this joke, but Massive is literally going in the opposite direction of Blizzard when it comes to the handling of the content in The Division. Where Diablo 3 made drops plentiful AND useful, farming enjoyable, and co-op experiences pretty fun even with randoms... well, we know what happened with The Division.

Klyka

Banned
I personally before the game released had always thought the DZ would be split into brackets cause Massive was saying how good their on-the-fly matchmaking was and how seamlessly it worked

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I personally before the game released had always thought the DZ would be split into brackets cause Massive was saying how good their on-the-fly matchmaking was and how seamlessly it worked
It worked so good that people can make 8 man squads.

The second they made a RNG loot game with an area with PvP element that doesn't have brackets. Like driving a car at 88mph with no brakes and loose steering, you're gonna see some shit lol
Yeah, pretty much. But gear score is such a useless indicator of gear quality, that it doesn't even matter. Hell, bracketing off people by whether or not they finished the incursion would be a more useful measure than an arbitrary number.
Lol they wouldn't have been able to bear CM otherwise.

Ubi should have given you four chances to get CM loot per week instead of locking the three other chances behind having leveled up three additional identical characters.
You should be able to get 240 rewards every time you complete CM, because why artificially limit player advancement when the chances of getting a useful drop are exponentially small the more you play?

Klyka

Banned
With how many stats on items in the game are completely useless and no one cares for, they should just redo their itemization and remove like a third or so of stats, change the numbers on the ones remaining and then turn gearscore into a proper indicator of the stat amount that people will have.

Deku Tree

It worked so good that people can make 8 man squads.

Yeah, pretty much. But gear score is such a useless indicator of gear quality, that it doesn't even matter. Hell, bracketing off people by whether or not they finished the incursion would be a more useful measure than an arbitrary number.

You should be able to get 240 rewards every time you complete CM, because why artificially limit player advancement when the chances of getting a useful drop are exponentially small the more you play?

I completely agree.

I was just saying that if you need to have a lockout then don't block players behind a long boring grind that doesn't give you anything even slightly different than what you already have in the game. The characters are identical.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
With how many stats on items in the game are completely useless and no one cares for, they should just redo their itemization and remove like a third or so of stats, change the numbers on the ones remaining and then turn gearscore into a proper indicator of the stat amount that people will have.
Yeah, pretty much. Even then, if drops were plentiful, then at least you wouldn't feel as hampered by RNG than you do now.

I completely agree.

I was just saying that if you need to have a lockout then don't block players behind a long boring grind that doesn't give you anything even slightly different than what you already have in the game. The characters are identical.
Yeah, it'd be different if you could actually pick a class (since this game essentially has a tank, dps, mage set up just like every other game) but there's no reason to have alts. The fact that there aren't even starting bonuses for alts (which again, Blizzard figured out already with Paragon points) is kind of insane too (along with shared crafting inventories and credits).

Klyka

Banned
Also, I wish the PvE world was leveled up to 30 and we had all encounters basically reset with leveled up enemies and named enemies and they are on a 1 hour respawn timer.

I want to run around with my two friends through the city, get into hard firefights and get loot and once we made it across the city all the guys are back again. Maybe take a shortcut through the dark zone and get into some trouble there on our way back to the east/west.

ChrisW

DZ rank 87.....so close to 90 then I can buy the Valkyria and promptly never use it i'd imagine :D

Has anyone found themselves buying stuff with Phoenix Credits just for the sake of it, they've gone from most wanted currency to almost worthless since 1.1.

I bought my two pieces of sentry gear from the BoO for 722 PC's :D nothing else to spend them on, went to do the incursion on HM (Legit) completed it and got the tactician gear set + no mission reward.

Then read that they had stopped it for a bit till they fixed the exploit, very annoyed

So loving the game in every aspect, meeting some great people a la the days of Resistance 1 FOM with capture the flag. Nothing is bug breaking for me, I just enjoy my time when playing and don't over analyze it... Love it...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Also, I wish the PvE world was leveled up to 30 and we had all encounters basically reset with leveled up enemies and named enemies and they are on a 1 hour respawn timer.

I want to run around with my two friends through the city, get into hard firefights and get loot and once we made it across the city all the guys are back again. Maybe take a shortcut through the dark zone and get into some trouble there on our way back to the east/west.
There was a suggestion on reddit that was at least interesting. Introduce a mode where they spawn enemies across the entire map that you can kill, like the mobs in the DZ. But you can adjust the difficulty of these new mobs to scale to your current gear and improve your chances at getting better gear - like the Torment levels/Greater Rift levels in Diablo 3.

It'd change the DZ to an entirely PVP zone, but why does that matter when that would only make the experience better for people who are interested in PVP (and presumably you play PVP because it's a challenge to fight against equally geared human players and not because it's fun to hunt bambis or whatever).

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Make new weapons and gear and all talents require high Electronics, its like it wants me to go that route and now my health is terrible. Going from 95k to 45k health is horrible. I don't even feel any benefit of my skill power being 40k.

darkwing

Make new weapons and gear and all talents require high Electronics, its like it wants me to go that route and now my health is terrible. Going from 95k to 45k health is horrible. I don't even feel any benefit of my skill power being 40k.

yeah with the skill caps, 40k is overkill

The item talents/attributes need a complete overhaul.
All attribute types should be equally useful. They should not have god-tier attributes (+crit damage) sharing slots with shit-tier ones (+exotic resistance)

Basically, all attibutes/talents should be viable and "trash" should mean "useless for my build" instead of "objectively shit".
There will always be some attributes that are favoured by the current meta-game but the current attribute balance is utterly awful.

bosseye

I'm getting confused by DPS now. Is it broken or am I missing something? I keep having issues with the value randomly changing, so for example, the latest one:

Had a primary DPS of 170k. Was waiting for a friend to join me so was just assessing and clearing old gear. Deconstructed a couple of HE guns I had in my inventory that I hadn't used for ages and was only holding onto for nostalgic purposes.....couple of minutes later I notice my primary DPS now say 164k. Why!? Tried logging out and in a few times, but apparently it is now 164k but I have absolutely no idea why. Why would removing non equipped guns from the inventory change the DPS?

I've also had a presumed bug where stats are updating just moving around the categories in the inventory, so hover cursor over the primary weapon, DPS, Health and Skill report their value - move the cursor over to say the equipped chestpiece and the Health value suddenly drops. Logging out and back in seemed to cure this though, but still bizarre.

I still really enjoy the game, but I have no faith in the stats/numbers of gear.

Never again :p

Mmhmm...

There it is. Such a lust for revenge. Enjoy your M44, it's become my favorite gun in the game.

There was a suggestion on reddit that was at least interesting. Introduce a mode where they spawn enemies across the entire map that you can kill, like the mobs in the DZ. But you can adjust the difficulty of these new mobs to scale to your current gear and improve your chances at getting better gear - like the Torment levels/Greater Rift levels in Diablo 3.

It'd change the DZ to an entirely PVP zone, but why does that matter when that would only make the experience better for people who are interested in PVP (and presumably you play PVP because it's a challenge to fight against equally geared human players and not because it's fun to hunt bambis or whatever).

I really like this idea. Couple it with the paragon levels from D3 and you turn a static world (at level 30) into something dynamic again. The city felt like an additional character while leveling, always there, never speaking, every bit a victim of the outbreak as the people within it.

Now, the only view I get of the city is from my map when I'm teleporting to missions, the DZ or my BoO.

To keep the DZ alive with its risk/reward draw, recalibrate the drops to have random good PvE gear but introduce great PvP gear.
Protection against Player DMG
Reduce duration that you appear on an enemy's pulse
X hits reduce the healing effect of your target by Y%
Gain 1 explosive round for your M44 for each time Klyka whispers the word bambi after one-shotting defenseless players.

Top Bottom