• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

jamesdbc

Neo Member
i hit 30 over the weekend and i want to get into the more challenging PVE stuff. what's the most efficient way to get geared up?

i finished the 3 wings in the base and did the daily missions yesterday except the lincoln tunnel challenging one bc gearscore too low. right now i'm wearing a mix of purples/yellows. is there a particular blueprint or weapon or whatever i should be looking for?

i see a lot of people say to get the vector blueprint, is that still the way to go after the incursion update?

As the MP5 doesn't require division tech anymore I'd recommend that over the Vector. Slightly lower damage but higher RoF and much bigger magazine. Next I'd recommend the HE extended magazine BP. If you can roll RoF/CHD/CHC that will increase your DPS significantly.

You should be able to make it through Lincoln CM with that gun/mag and purple/HE gear, providing the guys you're playing with are reasonably good.

What platform you on?

Wolfe

DZ rank 87.....so close to 90 then I can buy the Valkyria and promptly never use it i'd imagine :D

Has anyone found themselves buying stuff with Phoenix Credits just for the sake of it, they've gone from most wanted currency to almost worthless since 1.1.

Must be nice being in that position lol, for me and I'm sure a majority of people they're still quite useful though.

Everyone has made this joke, but Massive is literally going in the opposite direction of Blizzard when it comes to the handling of the content in The Division. Where Diablo 3 made drops plentiful AND useful, farming enjoyable, and co-op experiences pretty fun even with randoms... well, we know what happened with The Division.

I thought that was the point of him posting the video, to show how Bliz had to get out of that cycle and how Massive could learn from it.

Also, I wish the PvE world was leveled up to 30 and we had all encounters basically reset with leveled up enemies and named enemies and they are on a 1 hour respawn timer.

I want to run around with my two friends through the city, get into hard firefights and get loot and once we made it across the city all the guys are back again. Maybe take a shortcut through the dark zone and get into some trouble there on our way back to the east/west.

This so much, the area outside of the DZ feels so pointless to me as a level 30. It's just an area to pick up crafting materials as all of the enemies are a joke and there's next to no (if any at all outside of the story encounters) purple/yellow enemies. Sucks cause I love the look of the game and would greatly enjoy incentive to spend time in the non DZ area.

KDR_11k

I was hyped for DZLV 25 HE gear but now that gearscore is there we can see that it's worse than what you get for PxCs and yet is more expensive to craft...

As the MP5 doesn't require division tech anymore I'd recommend that over the Vector. Slightly lower damage but higher RoF and much bigger magazine.

Also the vector has a strong horizontal kick, the MP5 seems to be a bit better in that regard.

Cels

As the MP5 doesn't require division tech anymore I'd recommend that over the Vector. Slightly lower damage but higher RoF and much bigger magazine. Next I'd recommend the HE extended magazine BP. If you can roll RoF/CHD/CHC that will increase your DPS significantly.

You should be able to make it through Lincoln CM with that gun/mag and purple/HE gear, providing the guys you're playing with are reasonably good.

What platform you on?

pc uplay. thanks i'll look into the mp5. that's the navy mp5 right?

i just hit 30, and one look at r/thedivision makes it seem like the sky is falling. id go there to follow some news about the game and it seems like everyone there just despises the endgame with some white hot hate. wether its bugs, the grind, or something else.

is it that bad? kinda taking the wind out of my sails to jump back in

BSherrod

Hey, guys. I'm on XB1 and still haven't done the Incursion yet. Tried it first day and had some under geared guys and couldn't do it, but would love to try it now. Gamertag is the same as my username on here.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Yeah that MP5 is a beast. Using the AUG but I might move back to the MP5 until a 204 blueprint is available. The high mag size shits over the others.

Wolfe

regarding GS drops- does high scavenging % increase likelihood of them dropping outside of the Incursion?

Assuming you're talking about set items and not gear score. No idea but given how people have been saying scavenging affects the quality of the stat rolls and not the quality of the drop roll itself I'd have to guess no.

With that said they can still drop from bosses in CM missions, for example my first set piece was the striker gloves from the boss in Lincoln tunnel.

Mullah88

What platform you on?

Slightly lower damage? My few 182 vector does 13.2k (204 PB roll is at 15.3k) damage with all the attachment buffs, if I transfer everything to the highest rated mp5 I've rolled, I'll be lucky to be above 10k damage. And they all have brutal, deadly and destructive for the vectors, and swift for the mp5. I love the 61 bullet count and RoF but I rather have that high damage of the vector and destructive for enemy armor damage. Now if I can roll an mp5 with destructive, I'll be in division heaven

edukate

Assuming you're talking about set items and not gear score. No idea but given how people have been saying scavenging affects the quality of the stat rolls and not the quality of the drop roll itself I'd have to guess no.

With that said they can still drop from bosses in CM missions, for example my first set piece was the striker gloves from the boss in Lincoln tunnel.

Edit-- set items.Just curious given I have gear that'll get my scavenging >120% but will result in a drop of GS...

Do you remember having a high scavenging % when those gloves dropped for you?

Wolfe

Edit-- set items.Just curious given I have gear that'll get my scavenging >120% but will result in a drop of GS...

Do you remember having a high scavenging % when those gloves dropped for you?

Naw my scavenging % is always quite low.

i just hit 30, and one look at r/thedivision makes it seem like the sky is falling. id go there to follow some news about the game and it seems like everyone there just despises the endgame with some white hot hate. wether its bugs, the grind, or something else.

is it that bad? kinda taking the wind out of my sails to jump back in

Keep in mind these are people who do nothing but play the game. You literally have people saying things like "I've played over 200 hours and I'm bored. This game sux".

SeanR1221

So sitting at 165 gear score...what do I do?

I haven't played the Incursion yet, so I have to.

Do I just play challenge missions on repeat?

Find randoms to team up with in the DZ?

cakely

I just recorded this footage of me in the DZ:

XDXgDm.gif

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned

MrBlonde

Any tips on getting good gear??

I took a break from this game for a little over a week. I played last night for about 2 hours and for the first time didn't really enjoy myself. I am a level 30 but most of my gear is not that great with the exception of a few things so since I have just recently finished all the main missions and all I have left is pretty much encounters I decided to finally check out the dark zone and I got wrecked. I wasn't finding much good loot and even when I did I would die and lose it from the AI, I was only able to extract once and I didn't have anything that great.

So I would love to know a way to get better loot? Is it just grinding the darkzone? Also I am frustrated that I cant do the free DLC mission since my rank is not high enough, I believe you have to be 140 and I think I am only in the 60's or 70's?

Wolfe

Well damn... what's the GS on that M1A?

Stop thinking about GS, it doesn't effect the actual rolls meaning I still have 163 weapons that I regularly use over my 182 ones (it's a nice guideline but still doesn't mean the gear piece will actually be worthwhile over what you already have.)

fuzzyset

This was posted over on Reddit: http://www.gdcvault.com/play/1021776/Against-the-Burning-Hells-Diablo

Pretty interesting talk from the Diablo ROS game designer on how they fucked up D3 at launch and then fixed it. Around 30min in he starts discussing the loot loop and why it was wrong. He mentions how in original D3 the loop was so bad that players farmed terra cotta pots or did weird loot/quest runs to be most efficient because the game wasn't fun otherwise. Hopefully Massive can fix some of these things.

Wolfe

This was posted over on Reddit: http://www.gdcvault.com/play/1021776/Against-the-Burning-Hells-Diablo

Pretty interesting talk from the Diablo ROS game designer on how they fucked up D3 at launch and then fixed it. Around 30min in he starts discussing the loot loop and why it was wrong. He mentions how in original D3 the loop was so bad that players farmed terra cotta pots or did weird loot/quest runs to be most efficient because the game wasn't fun otherwise. Hopefully Massive can fix some of these things.

Yeah someone posted that a bit ago, really good watch and I hope Massive is able to learn from it because it really feels like the issues he's talking about mirror a lot of the things this game currently has issues with imo.

bs000

Any tips on getting good gear??

I took a break from this game for a little over a week. I played last night for about 2 hours and for the first time didn't really enjoy myself. I am a level 30 but most of my gear is not that great with the exception of a few things so since I have just recently finished all the main missions and all I have left is pretty much encounters I decided to finally check out the dark zone and I got wrecked. I wasn't finding much good loot and even when I did I would die and lose it from the AI, I was only able to extract once and I didn't have anything that great.

So I would love to know a way to get better loot? Is it just grinding the darkzone? Also I am frustrated that I cant do the free DLC mission since my rank is not high enough, I believe you have to be 140 and I think I am only in the 60's or 70's?

Replay missions on hard difficulty. You'll get a guaranteed high end from the boss each time. Doing the daily missions will get you the same thing plus some bonus stuff like Phoenix credits which can be used to buy high end blueprints at the Base of Operations and you can use whatever crafting materials you have to craft some decent gear.

For crafting, I'd go for the Vector first since not many high end guns seem to drop from the missions. Then get the gear mod blueprints to fill in any empty mod slots on your gear.

Once you're geared enough to do challenging difficulty you can do the same thing there but now you get one guaranteed high end from the boss and one for just completing the mission on challenging.

MrBlonde

Replay missions on hard difficulty. You'll get a guaranteed high end from the boss each time. Doing the daily missions will get you the same thing plus some extra stuff like Phoenix credits which can be used to buy high end blueprints at the Base of Operations and you can use whatever crafting materials you have to craft some decent gear.

For crafting, I'd go for the Vector first since not many high end guns seem to drop from the missions. Then get the gear mod blueprints to fill in any empty mod slots on your gear.

Once you're geared enough to do challenging difficulty you can do the same thing there but now you get one guaranteed high end from the boss and one for just completing the mission on challenging.

Thanks, I wasn't sure if redoing hard missions or daily missions would be worth my time but I will definitely give those a shot this week. I definitely need some better gear before I try the DarkZone again.

TsuWave

i wish they'd just throw these garbage changes to the bushes and change crafting to what it was pre-nerf and change recalibration back to phoenix credits. i don't wanna fucking do these missions i have done over and over to get 13K credits a piece when recalibration for gear set items start at 76K. phoenix credits are much easier to come by, you run a challenging mission and you have 30+ whatever the boss drops on kill. you can go DZ and make a considerable amount of phoenix credits in a short time.

man, game is so grindy now

darkwing

i wish they'd just throw these garbage changes to the bushes and change crafting to what it was pre-nerf and change recalibration back to phoenix credits. i don't wanna fucking do these missions i have done over and over to get 13K credits a piece when recalibration for gear set items start at 76K. phoenix credits are much easier to come by, you run a challenging mission and you have 30+ whatever the boss drops on kill. you can go DZ and make a considerable amount of phoenix credits in a short time.

man, game is so grindy now

especially crafting

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
So did the weekly rewards for the incursion reset yet or still disabled? The map seems to imply they did, but didn't they say the reward was disabled until Tuesday?

fr0st

Banned
So did the weekly rewards for the incursion reset yet or still disabled? The map seems to imply they did, but didn't they say the reward was disabled until Tuesday?
I just got a weekly reward as long as the leader hasn't done it yet I think you'll get it.
Also it resets in 6 hours.

ch4fx_

I'm not sure if it's this "article" or not.

I live about an hour East of Nashville, TN & I haven't heard of this -- it isn't on The Tennesseans website or any other local news outlets, nor did I see anything on Facebook about it (FB loves video games & volence!).

If this does turn out to be real, I'm in awe. Until then, I'm gonna hope this is just another click bait article trying to belittle video games & show that we are all actually psychopaths.

Top Bottom