• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

cakely

This was posted over on Reddit: http://www.gdcvault.com/play/1021776/Against-the-Burning-Hells-Diablo

Pretty interesting talk from the Diablo ROS game designer on how they fucked up D3 at launch and then fixed it. Around 30min in he starts discussing the loot loop and why it was wrong. He mentions how in original D3 the loop was so bad that players farmed terra cotta pots or did weird loot/quest runs to be most efficient because the game wasn't fun otherwise. Hopefully Massive can fix some of these things.

I hope we can look back on this phase of the Division and see how far they've progressed since then. Right now we're in a similar state to the D3 launch ... the core of the game really feels broken.

If the incursion patch is any indication, it will still be broken.

Mentok

Banned
As the MP5 doesn't require division tech anymore I'd recommend that over the Vector. Slightly lower damage but higher RoF and much bigger magazine. Next I'd recommend the HE extended magazine BP. If you can roll RoF/CHD/CHC that will increase your DPS significantly.

You should be able to make it through Lincoln CM with that gun/mag and purple/HE gear, providing the guys you're playing with are reasonably good.

What platform you on?

How do you roll all three on the magazine? Or am I reading what you're saying wrong (which I believe I am)?

Pretty good night last night:
-Crafted an MP5 that's useful with Brutal and Fierce (would've loved destructive as well, but I'll try again). Using it over my vector, and I gotta say that although my vector is a beast, the smaller clip is noticable.
-After believing that HE M1As are unicorns (the one I had my buddy shared with me), I got a HE classic M1A with Balanced. That was followed with a HE First Wave M1A. Finally, I got a HE Socom M1A.

Good guns – can't see much room for immediate improvement there. Do you have an HE extended mag with CHD/CHC/RoF?

Body armour with "Reckless" would certainly help.

I'd also recommend using self-heal instead of sticky/turret/life support. Be sure to use the overdose mod and you'll benefit from an extra 1 and 1/2 bars of health. That can get you out of tight situations.

Gloves can have a big impact too. If you can, find some with CHC, CHD and SMG damage. If you can get those three in addition to the "Savage" talent you'll get a big damage bonus.

What talents do you use and what's your armour mitigation at?

Thanks for the feedback. Not online at the moment, so going off the top of my head...

I've not had the luck to get my hands on a HE extended mag yet, currently rocking a purple one with 76% mag increase and CHD or CHC, can't remember which.

My chest piece is quite good stats wise i think, iirc the perk is something like, 45% armour increase while in cover.

I've actually not tried using the self heal thing yet. Will get on that, been using the life support thing in sticky situations.

As for gloves i've got a HE set which are pretty decent they've got the stats you've mentioned so thats a good start.

Last time i checked my armour was only at around 50-55% or so. I think i need to get that to 65%? My kneepads drag it down as they're only purples but they have a huge scavenging % of like 70%, brings me to a total of 93%.

Talents wise, I've no idea what i've got selected. Any recommendations?

Again, thanks for the advice!

Wolfe

How do you roll all three on the magazine? Or am I reading what you're saying wrong (which I believe I am)?

Assuming he meant any of those 3 in addition to the increased mag size since it will only roll one stat outside of mag size.

NCfgica.png

WfayeTS.png

EvRyXil.png

Had a pretty good day in the DZ.
Hnnnnnnnnnnnng!!

I can't get anything with a GS higher than 162 to drop at all, even if I keep cleaning out the named dudes at Midtown Music, The Pit and the Q Building. My gear is all 182 so all the drops have been useless to me.
All my 182 drops from Challenge missions tend to be slightly worse versions of stuff I already have.
At least I've managed to get a couple of Sentry's Call blueprints with the PxC.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they relax the material requirements for crafting soon, cos the RNG is my nemesis at the moment.

What DZ has a better chance of dropping the Sentry's Call gear set? I have the Base of Operation pieces, but I want the rest of them.

Also, those of you with the M1A - what kind of damage are you doing? I'm using the Custom M44 and I'm doing something close to 900K headshots with pulse and smart cover on. I'm just trying to figure out if it's worth switching.

Archpath1

Tips for smg building

Talents- deadly, brutal usually the main ones
But others can work

Get the extended magazine blueprint- roll mag size/ fire rate

Everything else try to have crit chance or crit damage
Headshot damage is good too

What DZ has a better chance of dropping the Sentry's Call gear set? I have the Base of Operation pieces, but I want the rest of them.

Sentry's Call

•Chest
• Falcon Lost APC drop (Level 30 on Hard, Level 31 on Challenging)
• Falcon Lost end-of-mission reward - (Level 31 on Hard, Level 32 on Challenging)
•Backpack
• Falcon Lost end-of-mission reward - (Level 31 on Hard, Level 32 on Challenging)
•Knee
• Falcon Lost end-of-mission reward - (Unavailable on Hard, Level 32 on Challenging)
• Hornet (Consulate - Challenging)
• BoO Vendor (Blueprint, Level 31 Item)
•Gloves
• Falcon Lost end-of-mission reward - (Unavailable on Hard, Level 32 on Challenging)
• Supply Drop (Level 31)
• Named Enemies (DZ)
• Hornet (Consulate - Challenging)
•Mask
• BoO Vendor (Blueprint, Level 31 Item)
•Holster

Mentok

Banned
Assuming he meant any of those 3 in addition to the increased mag size since it will only roll one stat outside of mag size.

Okay, that's what I thought.

Hnnnnnnnnnnnng!!

I can't get anything with a GS higher than 162 to drop at all, even if I keep cleaning out the named dudes at Midtown Music, The Pit and the Q Building. My gear is all 182 so all the drops have been useless to me.
All my 182 drops from Challenge missions tend to be slightly worse versions of stuff I already have.
At least I've managed to get a couple of Sentry's Call blueprints with the PxC.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they relax the material requirements for crafting soon, cos the RNG is my nemesis at the moment.

I feel like they have to revamp the crafting system, because it's still a focus of the game. Crafting is still the best way to acquire an item you want, and most of the good vendors sell more BPs than items. I feel they screwed up the whole BP situation from the get-go. They should've never been sold by vendors, instead making them highly rare drops from enemies. Then keep the pumped up HE drops where the gear score is higher the higher up the DZ you go.

They also should allow for more time to share between friends. I was going to share one of my HE M1As with a buddy, but the stupid "share" option dropped because we had taken too long to go back to the BoO. There shouldn't be a time limit if I'm going to share with a party member.

120v

okay, a dumb question...

is loot dropped from enemies killed in DZ "private" or can everybody see it? usually when i'm grinding i'll run into somebody having trouble killing a named boss and i'll help finish it off. i'll wait a little while to see if the player picks up the HE drop and they usually don't so i nab it up. i guess that kind of answers my question (?) but still wondering... i don't mind leaving it alone if it means avoiding somebody going rogue on me

Mentok

Banned
okay, a dumb question...

is loot dropped from enemies killed in DZ "private" or can everybody see it? usually when i'm grinding i'll run into somebody having trouble killing a named boss and i'll help finish it off. i'll wait a little while to see if the player picks up the HE drop and they usually don't so i nab it up. i guess that kind of answers my question (?) but still wondering... i don't mind leaving it alone if it means avoiding somebody going rogue on me

Items dropped by NPCs are private until you pick it up. Only items dropped by other players goes public.

Archpath1

okay, a dumb question...

Typically whoever gets killing blow sees it

For bosses its whoever lands a hit on him they/team will get loot

Loot is private untill you get killed

fr0st

Banned
Savage on gloves is still working right?
If you want high crit hit chance go for that and also have one with crit hit chance and crit damage on it.

Hey, guys. I'm on XB1 and still haven't done the Incursion yet. Tried it first day and had some under geared guys and couldn't do it, but would love to try it now. Gamertag is the same as my username on here.

I'll be on later tonight if you want to team up. GT is Jackbooted

okay, a dumb question...

If you see a NPC drop something it's yours.
Once you pick it up if you get killed you will drop it and other players may pick it up.

If you kill a named bad guy and they drop an HE that you really want but you're scared another agent might kill you for it as soon as you pick it up, just leaved it for a minute.
See if the other agents start to leave and get it once you feel safer.

Even if you do get killed when carrying a bunch of items some of your items might not be available to the person that finds them so you might not lose everything.

Tried to play some incursion (162 gear score here):

Fast travel to mission.
Quick match, invite received
Kicked
End up at safe house, fast travel to mission.
Quick match, invite received
Take 3 steps forward
Group is already in no respawn zone
Leave group
End up at safe house, fast travel to mission.

Repeat for 30 minutes and give up.

Mullah88

Okay, that's what I thought.

I feel like they have to revamp the crafting system, because it's still a focus of the game. Crafting is still the best way to acquire an item you want, and most of the good vendors sell more BPs than items. I feel they screwed up the whole BP situation from the get-go. They should've never been sold by vendors, instead making them highly rare drops from enemies. Then keep the pumped up HE drops where the gear score is higher the higher up the DZ you go.

They also should allow for more time to share between friends. I was going to share one of my HE M1As with a buddy, but the stupid "share" option dropped because we had taken too long to go back to the BoO. There shouldn't be a time limit if I'm going to share with a party member.

You can trade in safe houses in the dz, no need to go back to the base

GazzaGSi

After a few pieces of the finest cheese one can find & a good conversation with my buddy Gazza about his build, I decided to make some changes that I'm happy about. My numbers at the top of the screen are decent at best, but overall my character feels more powerful than ever.

Glad it's working out well mate and you're seeing a difference for the better compared to your original build.

I'll be finishing work around 1am so think that should be pretty much spot on for when you'll be booting up if you're online tonight for the dailies etc.

Klyka

Banned
I just had something really weird happen

A group of three rogues runs at me as I am hiding and put explosive rounds in my sniper
I pop out and shoot one of them, he is downed instantly. I shoot him again, he dies and I turn rogue.
The one of the other rogues looks at me for not even a second and I just fall over and die.

Why did I turn rogue for shooting/killing a rogue?
He had 80 seconds left on his timer.

GazzaGSi

A group of three rogues runs at me as I am hiding and put explosive rounds in my sniper
I pop out and shoot one of them, he is downed instantly. I shoot him again, he dies and I turn rogue.
The one of the other rogues looks at me for not even a second and I just fall over and die.

Also had this, a group I was in with were chasing down some rogues, we downed 1 then I finished him off and it put our group as rogue, was a wtf moment for sure.

Archpath1

Had this happen
3 rogues, 2 timers run out , so I unload on the last guy with the timer on
Then we go rogue

Idk if its cause the other guys weren't rogue, since we hit someone on that team made us go rogue

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Can I turn off my xbox if i dont like my recalibration choices? Will it do any harm?

Also, should i go for crit chance over smg damage?

Get to the pop up which asks for you to confirm then push start to go into inventory. Your choice wont be saved. It will take the money but it wont stack the price next time around.

Like a total idiot (and lesson to not play the game tired and distracted) I unequipped my X15 scope as i was moving things around to place onto a new sniper. So long story short i deconstructed it by accident, does anyone know where I can buy a blueprint for a scope that's X12 or X15?
Any vendors selling something similar (non blueprint)?

Was there anyone around who wasn't rogue that you might not have seen? Maybe some splash damage from the explosive rounds? I dunno.

Neil_J_UK

They changed the calculations for DZ bracket? With my best gear I'm at 163 GS, so I put a piece on my alt last night to get into the <160 bracket. Logged on today and I'm in the 160+ and I've got no new gear.

Mentok

Banned
You can trade in safe houses in the dz, no need to go back to the base

Oh I know, but I didn't realize the item was tradeable until I was back at the BoO. My buddy was coming out of the DZ so I could give it to him, when it stopped being tradeable.

Also, those of you with the M1A - what kind of damage are you doing? I'm using the Custom M44 and I'm doing something close to 900K headshots with pulse and smart cover on. I'm just trying to figure out if it's worth switching.
Seriously?! That's some high crit!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I thought that was the point of him posting the video, to show how Bliz had to get out of that cycle and how Massive could learn from it.
That's my point though. The wheel already exists. Massive decided to try to reinvent the wheel and came up with a square as their design.

Wolfe

That's my point though. The wheel already exists. Massive decided to try to reinvent the wheel and came up with a square as their design.

Gotchya, guess I got confused by your wording.

On another note I noticed you can see extraction and supply drop choppers as they zoom around the DZ while you're outside the DZ, just thought that was neat.

Anybody want to run a quick Lincoln tunnel daily on PS4?

Still looking? I realize it's been 20 minutes by now lol but just thought I'd ask.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
LoL! So I tested a DPS build last night. I capped at 170k dps and 60 health on a challenge mission. I got a custom M44 and was doing about 1 mil in crital damage but I was just going down way quick. I missed my tank really fast.

Got 1 spot open want in buddy?

What do you guys have your health at? Mine is like 74k with 61% damage mitigation from armor. But I am loaded with some stamina items and gear mods. Hitting a wall in regards in DPS. Only at 100k. Not sure how to raise it without losing lots of health.

Top Bottom