• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

deadduck

Same boat as you and so are a few of my friends, and I have no plans to start doing exploits/cheesing or what you call it.

The normal incursion can be fun IMHO (more fun than using map exploits, bfb or explosive rounds), it doesn't take long and you'll get some gearset equipment.

deadduck

What did they talk about in the sate of the game stream?

Basically:

+ Yanacks name.
+ It's been a learning curve for them.
+ The bugs they fixed last week.
+ Other bugs they know about and are being worked on.
+ People are getting perma banned for cheats.
+ 500 PhC and 50 HE mats for people that were locked out.
+ Bonus 150 PhC for everyone logging in this weekend.
+ Patch again soon, maybe in a few days.
+ Showed another live action video.

Eirulan

Basically:

+ Yanacks name.

"This weekend" means "next weekend", right?

Deku Tree

Basically:

+ Yanacks name.

Did they talk about how Hamish did incursion CM on the official channel with people who have exploiter videos on their channel and who were using gear gotten from exploiting and whether those people will be banned?

I guess I'll log in for a second this weekend.

jbortz78

The normal incursion can be fun IMHO (more fun than using map exploits, bfb or explosive rounds), it doesn't take long and you'll get some gearset equipment.

Havent tried the Incursion yet but plan to.
Only really have time to play for real like 1-days a week so up until now only challenge missions done are lincoln and lexington, havent tried russian and warrengate yet (how much harder are they?). But mostly hoping Massive pulls their heads out of their ass change crafting to what it was before...

EL CUCO

Yup. Last night we ran the Incursion twice on hard with only going to the pit after planting the bomb to wait out the APC barrage. Fun stuff. Each run only took about 20min. Got to unlock my 4pc Sentry bonus :)

Really starting to get familiar with the encounter now. Almost feel ready for challenging.

GazzaGSi

Was raining loot this morning in the DZ for me, HE M44, M1A, Sentrys gloves and afew other decent bits. Didn't get chance to check the talents other than equipping the gloves as it was around 6am so needed to get my head down but was a productive night for sure.

Mullah88

Is the recalibration table broken? It seems like when you roll it gives out the exact same number and everything else is below that number? And a second roll will net the same results. This has been happening the past couple of days I haven't been able to reroll my gear sets because of this. I need to get my firearm and stamina above 3200, really close but can't roll any of the gear I have equipped

GazzaGSi

Is the recalibration table broken? It seems like when you roll it gives out the exact same number and everything else is below that number? And a second roll will net the same results. This has been happening the past couple of days I haven't been able to reroll my gear sets because of this. I need to get my firearm and stamina above 3200, really close but can't roll any of the gear I have equipped

That's weird, table was fine for me earlier. I rolled smg damage and it offered it me again twice with higher output than the figure I was rolling.

Playing about 22 hours now. Got to level 14. Is there anything I'm doing wrong?

My current feelings towards the game are that the setting is fantastic. I like playing through the world and finding out more stuff.

The gameplay is a little boring in places. It feel weird that I can shoot a guy with a shotgun and he doesn't even fall over. Or that enemies will just run up to your and just beat you to death. All the enemies just feel like bullet sponges and none of my weapons feel as strong as they should be. Feels more like i'm using a rapid fire potato gun instead of an M60 Assault Rifle.

I really enjoy the DarkZone, I wish it actually contributed to your level outside there as well. Seems weird to me that you never meet players outside of that area. When I first saw the test footage there were two groups of players seen. One we followed another doing it's own thing. The tension was the best part. I still get that in the DarkZone, but I wish it wasn't as confined as it was.

I'm having fun with this game, but it feels like I'm grinding and no one likes that feeling. Any advice? Am I just doing everything wrong? I play solo a lot as I don't have a lot of friends that use the PS4.

EL CUCO

sometimes i feel that the sentry mark bonus does not proc when it should've

I get that same feeling, I've often hit a enemy who only has a sliver of their head revealed without the buff popping up.
There will be a little light blue box over the enemy's head when it procs. Everyone on the team can see it when it happens. You can also test it in the BOO firing range. The little box wont show up there, but the extra 15% damage is displayed after the 3 headshots.

My faith in Massive turning this game around in a reasonable time is rapidly dwindling. That feeling of, "they are really listening," and "they are getting things done so quickly!" is gone. Will log on this weekend but otherwise it is Ratchet and Clank for me. Even without the exploit situation, last week was a turning point for me. I played every night for 7 days straight. Ran all dailies, multiple CM mission farms, tons of time in DZ 0-160 and 160+ and I have absolutely nothing to show for it that wasn't crafted. I don't even have a very impressive stock pile of mats either. Bags and bags of HE garbage extracted, nothing but weapons mods dropped from CM bosses...just pointless. What a waste of time. I am not losing another minute of sleep for this game again until some significant changes are made. This is the fastest a loot game has dried up for me ever. I only have myself to blame for getting over hyped in week 1 and buying a season pass. Never again.

blacklotus

Playing about 22 hours now. Got to level 14. Is there anything I'm doing wrong?

My current feelings towards the game are that the setting is fantastic. I like playing through the world and finding out more stuff.

The gameplay is a little boring in places. It feel weird that I can shoot a guy with a shotgun and he doesn't even fall over. Or that enemies will just run up to your and just beat you to death. All the enemies just feel like bullet sponges and none of my weapons feel as strong as they should be. Feels more like i'm using a rapid fire potato gun instead of an M60 Assault Rifle.

I really enjoy the DarkZone, I wish it actually contributed to your level outside there as well. Seems weird to me that you never meet players outside of that area. When I first saw the test footage there were two groups of players seen. One we followed another doing it's own thing. The tension was the best part. I still get that in the DarkZone, but I wish it wasn't as confined as it was.

I'm having fun with this game, but it feels like I'm grinding and no one likes that feeling. Any advice? Am I just doing everything wrong? I play solo a lot as I don't have a lot of friends that use the PS4.

All your post is exaclty the same as watching a french movie and complaining the movie is in...
...french.

TsuWave

There will be a little light blue box over the enemy's head when it procs. Everyone on the team can see it when it happens. You can also test it in the BOO firing range. The little box wont show up there, but the extra 15% damage is displayed after the 3 headshots.

yeah i know all that, but i've gotten 3 headshots in the DZ on adds and the blue box didn't pop up til like the 5th shot. might be connection issues but it has happened a few times.

aku:jiki

Yeah, same thing happened to me. I wasted upwards of a million desperately trying to get my kneepads to +49% XP (which is the max they can have) when I was racing to DZ75 last week. They had 39% to begin with and they still have 39% because every single roll just yielded 39% again.

Why do I get kicked from group every time I matchmake. Wtf
The group leader is being a snob and kicking you for not having enough gear score.

Or, wait, literally every time as in you've tried like 10+ times in a row and can't stay in a lobby to save your life? Might wanna start with checking your connection in that case.

Mine says 5 days left. Don't know how people keep getting resets.

not%20GMO%20vegan%20cheese%20but%20could%20you%20tell%20anyway.jpg

SirDgby

Neo Member
Yes. Resets for Incursion rewards are different from weekly server reset.

Thanks... I kinda figured that's what happened Sunday night when the bonuses were available again, but I'm still confused by the people saying they just got the rewards after maintenance (unless they hadn't done it again since Sun. night?)

ODDI

Basically:

+ Yanacks name.

Niiiicccceeeeee.

Got incursion on hard done with 2 randoms and no mics.. well sort of.... we got to the final wave but died while the apc health trickled down but hey the loot dropped and that's all that matters :)

ch4fx_

The "compensation" for locked out players is laughable, they should have, AT THE VERY LEAST, maxed out their phoenix creds. Massive clearly has the ability to hand out rewards on an account to account basis.. So why not take the users that bought your game (& in some cases, a season pass) at launch, but was unable to play your game because of a bug you overlooked -- & flood them in rewards that will help them catch up?

Let's say the player was locked out for 3 weeks, that's roughly 24 phoenix creds/day.. LOL!! You get more than that from a single CM, let alone a daily CM. & not to mention the daily hard missions that can be ran in 30 minutes that will grant you 15 each.

IMO, there are so many outlets for phoenix creds at this point that I don't feel 500 creds is enough compensation for those who have been locked out of the game for weeks. Luckily, I did not encounter this bug, but I do feel for those who did & I hope Massive has more to offer you guys that they haven't announced yet.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Did they talk about how Hamish did incursion CM on the official channel with people who have exploiter videos on their channel and who were using gear gotten from exploiting and whether those people will be banned?

I guess I'll log in for a second this weekend.

Hamish just mentioned on stream that they aren't doing community groups anymore until they find a way to verify group members.
Seems like they realize what happened before and don't want it to happen again.

--

DZ03 blueprints are random.

Whizkid7

My faith in Massive turning this game around in a reasonable time is rapidly dwindling. That feeling of, "they are really listening," and "they are getting things done so quickly!" is gone. Will log on this weekend but otherwise it is Ratchet and Clank for me. Even without the exploit situation, last week was a turning point for me. I played every night for 7 days straight. Ran all dailies, multiple CM mission farms, tons of time in DZ 0-160 and 160+ and I have absolutely nothing to show for it that wasn't crafted. I don't even have a very impressive stock pile of mats either. Bags and bags of HE garbage extracted, nothing but weapons mods dropped from CM bosses...just pointless. What a waste of time. I am not losing another minute of sleep for this game again until some significant changes are made. This is the fastest a loot game has dried up for me ever. I only have myself to blame for getting over hyped in week 1 and buying a season pass. Never again.

This is exactly how I feel. The constant stream of HE performance mods and scopes with no gear upgrades has really killed my interest in trying to play. I've only got two pieces of HE gear since I only hit 30 a week ago, and one of them I crafted. What's the point of farming HE drops if none of them are ever upgrades? I almost miss WoW at this point.

Basically:

+ Yanacks name.

Repeat PC cheating offenders maybe? This will be interesting to follow, as anecdotally I think everyone I know has tried the Incursion cheese at least once.

Anyways, I'll be on X1 soon and was hoping to get back into DZ sessions. Lately PvE and dailies have been boring me.

BurritoBear

Neo Member
This is exactly how I feel. The constant stream of HE performance mods and scopes with no gear upgrades has really killed my interest in trying to play. I've only got two pieces of HE gear since I only hit 30 a week ago, and one of them I crafted. What's the point of farming HE drops if none of them are ever upgrades? I almost miss WoW at this point.

Actually I feel like this week I have been getting dropped higher quality items. Yesterday alone I went from never getting a HE M1A dropped to getting 2 dropped in under an hour. Not to mention the incursion loot. While majority of it was crap, I did get some solid gear.

Plus it's always fun to beat up the bullies in the DZ
https://youtu.be/3rxodHOezCk
...especially when their gun "glitches" 😂

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Repeat PC cheating offenders maybe? This will be interesting to follow, as anecdotally I think everyone I know has tried the Incursion cheese at least once.

Anyways, I'll be on X1 soon and was hoping to get back into DZ sessions. Lately PvE and dailies have been boring me.
It's undoubtedly PC cheaters because they talked about it in the context of the previous 3 day bans.

aku:jiki

Plus it's always fun to beat up the bullies in the DZ
https://youtu.be/3rxodHOezCk
...especially when their gun "glitches" 😂
He's actually probably not lying. From the looks of things, you would've won anyway, but he's not bullshitting about there being three current glitches that stop your gun from firing or reloading (in two different ways).

I have died to rogues because my gun "jammed" myself. I wasn't whining in voice chat about it but it damn sure made me rage quit.

Anyone on PC interested in farming Falcon Lost in about an hour? I've never done it so I have to start out on hard.

Uplay: reconfig2501 add me

Top Bottom