• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Dom I'm ready for some cheese.

I'm just hanging with my buddy.

kOIpQGI.gif

Actually I feel like this week I have been getting dropped higher quality items. Yesterday alone I went from never getting a HE M1A dropped to getting 2 dropped in under an hour. Not to mention the incursion loot. While majority of it was crap, I did get some solid gear.

Plus it's always fun to beat up the bullies in the DZ
https://youtu.be/3rxodHOezCk
...especially when their gun "glitches" ��

Yup if either of those rogues were using One is None then it could've screwed them over. Happened to me plenty of times this past week.

LOL that was great Ve3tro. While im enjoying the DZ, I really wish they gave us some game modes in there with a chance to win blueprints or material for better stuff down the line.

BurritoBear

Neo Member
He's actually probably not lying. From the looks of things, you would've won anyway, but he's not bullshitting about there being three current glitches that stop your gun from firing or reloading (in two different ways).

I have died to rogues because my gun "jammed" myself. I wasn't whining in voice chat about it but it damn sure made me rage quit.

Oh yikes... I thought I heard someone say it was related to one of the perks? Do you know which ones it is?

BurritoBear

Neo Member

kOIpQGI.gif

Yup if either of those rogues were using One is None then it could've screwed them over. Happened to me plenty of times this past week.

Ahhhhhh, that's the one!! Dude they did it on purpose to add an additional feel that it's more realistic :D guns do jam sometimes ;P

fuzzyset

I've been saving up PCs for gear set blueprints based on the first gear set drop I get. My group keeps flaking on the Incursion, but finally got a Striker kneepad from Larae last night, so I bought the mask BP. I have ~600 PCs left and not really sure what to do with them. Thoughts? I'm not even sure I wanna spend em all given that a new tier of gear is probably going to come out next month.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Dammit I wish high-end mods capped at 150. I need 300 points to unlock a talent but since they max at 143 each I'm 4 points short on electronics.. :(

If only I had a second mod slot on my chest.

Ahhhhhh, that's the one!! Dude they did it on purpose to add an additional feel that it's more realistic :D guns do jam sometimes ;P

Lolz.

aku:jiki

Oh yikes... I thought I heard someone say it was related to one of the perks? Do you know which ones it is?
There are three:

• If you have the perk One is None equipped, your weapon will often get stuck at 01 bullets remaining. Sometimes it simply won't auto-reload and you have to hit reload yourself, sometimes it refuses to reload until you switch weapons. This glitch has been in the game since release.
  • Sometimes, your gun simply won't fire when you aim and press. Some of those times, it'll start firing after a few seconds of refusing to, other times you have to switch weapons back and forth to get it working again.
  • There's another reloading glitch where you can get stuck at either 00 or 01 bullets remaining, the gun won't reload and when you switch to your other weapon, it'll show that your first weapon has half of its bullets remaining. When you switch back to that weapon, it actually will have half of its mag and will then function normally.

That 1 and 3 aren't the exact same is my personal observation. Most people think they're the same glitch since they're related to reloading, but I feel like they're two different glitches that can stack and both happen at the same time. I have also heard others confirm that #3 can happen even if you don't have the talent equipped.

hydruxo

I've still not cheesed anything in this game yet. Don't know if I should to keep up or just keep going at my own pace.

Tbh cheesing the incursion was more fun than the incursion itself.

I've played maybe 4 hours in the last two weeks after being addicted to the game for the first month. So much is still wrong with this game. Crafting system needs a complete overhaul first off.

kOIpQGI.gif

Awesome, but why do they have crazy ragdoll flying enemy effects only if the enemy is already dead?

Also sort of related: in my experience frag grenades should be more powerful in general. They seem to be less useful than pretty much every other grenade unless you're just trying to get the enemy out of cover.

Whizkid7

Actually I feel like this week I have been getting dropped higher quality items. Yesterday alone I went from never getting a HE M1A dropped to getting 2 dropped in under an hour. Not to mention the incursion loot. While majority of it was crap, I did get some solid gear.

I'm glad not everyone is getting stuck with disappointing drops like me, at least. You'd think I'd be used to this after playing WoW, but my effort - for now - feels far less rewarded than WoW ever did.

BurritoBear

Neo Member
I'm glad not everyone is getting stuck with disappointing drops like me, at least. You'd think I'd be used to this after playing WoW, but my effort - for now - feels far less rewarded than WoW ever did.

You could change your fortune and just gank other people's loot in the DZ instead lol

J-Rzez

Whoa whoa whoa. Scavenging. So 100 = 0? 99 is tops? What if you have those knee pads that boost by 25%?

Probably explains why I don't have luck with drops, no m1a for example...

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Does the Striker talent bonus affect everyone in the group like Sentry or just the agent using the gear?

spyder_ur

That scavenging reset at 100% thing is far from proven as fact so we should probably avoid repeating it as such. Anecdotally for stuff like DT farming I don't think it is true, and it would be weird for it to be the only stat in the game that reacts that way. There's certainly some questions surrounding the effectiveness of it though and will be until they detail it a bit more.

ManCannon

Haha made the ultimate rookie mistake yesterday...
Farming DZ with a random group for a while and things are going smoothly and we happen upon two other parties at a supply drop. Everyone was civil and we all tagged the boss, all was good until... "Oh sweet! 204 set gloves!" Instantly I realized the folly of my ways as my teammate says "dude you shouldn't say that out loud."

And just like that a pvp shit storm erupts and we are destroyed (same gloves already dropped earlier so wasn't too heartbroken about it but SMH that was a dumb move on my part lol)

shermas

Tbh cheesing the incursion was more fun than the incursion itself.

I've played maybe 4 hours in the last two weeks after being addicted to the game for the first month. So much is still wrong with this game. Crafting system needs a complete overhaul first off.

This is EXACTLY how I feel. I was addicted. Grinding, leveling, CM over and over and over, getting those PC and mats. Couldn't stop.

Then the craft nerf hit.... I don't mind grinding for mats, running through the DZ, etc, IF THE PAYOFF IS THERE, but the cost/time benefits are not fun for me anymore. It's too much. Spending two days grinding mats, only to craft a gun that's total shit because of the talents is not fun for me.

The DZ boss drops are still garbage for the most part and it takes so many mats to build anything, I'm out.

Mullah88

Haha made the ultimate rookie mistake yesterday...
Farming DZ with a random group for a while and things are going smoothly and we happen upon two other parties at a supply drop. Everyone was civil and we all tagged the boss, all was good until... "Oh sweet! 204 set gloves!" Instantly I realized the folly of my ways as my teammate says "dude you shouldn't say that out loud."

And just like that a pvp shit storm erupts and we are destroyed (same gloves already dropped earlier so wasn't too heartbroken about it but SMH that was a dumb move on my part lol)

Lol are you on playstation and was this at the lower dz? Dz2-3 at a dead end? We slaughtered a group in a similar fashion and one of the agents dropped a set gear gloves

Wolfe

So just to confirm you say you can solo kill the APC with just explosive bullets and some clips from the bolt action? Damn... Gonna have to try that.

Yeah this was utilizing a few specific talents/skills though.

Regardless of an actual bug preventing him from shooting, he loses all sympathy when he begins bitching about it over chat when him and his buddy had a numbers advantage from the start. What a turd lol.

I don't want to pay for more stash space, I want them to make gun skins not take up backpack/stash space! So stupid that a weapon cosmetic item takes up inventory space yet clothing has it's own hidden storage.

Edit: I like how the only option for not increasing the level cap is "it'll make my gear worse". Yeah, that's the only valid reason.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Yeah this was utilizing a few specific talents/skills though.

Regardless of an actual bug preventing him from shooting, he loses all sympathy when he begins bitching about it over chat when him and his buddy had a numbers advantage from the start. What a turd lol.

Oh definitely. I'd have sent a message saying thanks for the fabric and electronics.

theWB27

Does striker gear tank anyone else's dps? I can get over 200k without the gear, but only upto 144k with it

214 gear level btw.

BurritoBear

Neo Member
Lol are you on playstation and was this at the lower dz? Dz2-3 at a dead end? We slaughtered a group in a similar fashion and one of the agents dropped a set gear gloves

Mullah - we need to redeem ourselves after the beat down we got yesterday lol...but regardless of how bad that went, there's no way it could be as bad as sitting through batman....

Dave1988

Sweet baby Jebus, I just tore through WarrenGate CM with randoms like it was nothing. Sentry Call's 4th perk really is OP :D

Did all 3 parts of the survey someone posted, I just feel like this game/franchise has so much potential.

There's a lot I want improved, but one "minor" thing that really bugs me for some reason is character outfits, they're just so bad to me. The jackets are kinda cool but everything else (especially hats) is so underwhelming.

I know they can't really do this for the current game, but for Division 2 I hope they tie character aesthetics to gear, more akin to Diablo. The better the gear is, the more badass your guy looks. When you have all really good HE gear, it would be awesome to have futuristic soldier suits and shit, I'm such a sucker for that kind of thing.

Top Bottom