• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Olengie

I have fun doing the Incursion Cheese. Probably because my friends and I just talk about random shit the entire time.

theWB27

Are you locking out any talents?

My get up
pRB03J8.png

I can mix and match with two sentry and 4 striker. Or I could use other equipment to get better stats without all the perks. At one point I had my m44 at over 200k dps before getting any special gear.

Iceman829

Try to stay on topic this is a serious thread. Respect it. And don't forget to subscribe add and follow before commenting and liking.

I was handing out codes to my subscribers last night. You should've been watching bro

Does striker gear tank anyone else's dps? I can get over 200k without the gear, but only upto 144k with it

214 gear level btw.

You probably lost out on all those nice talents and skills your HE armor had. My HE stuff has lots of crit dam+, crit chance+, elite dam+, armor dam+ while my the gear sets that drop at 214/240 have wonderful things like skill power +, pistol dam+, 2 attribute holsters. You lose all of the talent bonuses on armor and it feels like all the gear set armor have less slots for skills. I can't get a decent sentry armor to drop. The only thing of worth has been some tactician armor.

theWB27

I was handing out codes to my subscribers last night. You should've been watching bro

You probably lost out on all those nice talents and skills your HE armor had. My HE stuff has lots of crit dam+, crit chance+, elite dam+, armor dam+ while my the gear sets that drop at 214/240 have wonderful things like skill power +, pistol dam+, 2 attribute holsters. You lose all of the talent bonuses on armor and it feels like all the gear set armor have less slots for skills. I can't get a decent sentry armor to drop. The only thing of worth has been some tactician armor.

That's absolutely it. I only have two pieces that have any damage perks and that's 2.5 pulse crit hit damage.

Iceman829

That's absolutely it. I only have two pieces that have any damage perks and that's 2.5 pulse crit hit damage.

The gear sets were poorly designed. They are only there to help you reach the imaginary GS numbers they set to lock you out of activities. The sets should have better bonuses and higher % numbers than the HEs, but I haven't seen it yet except for a 3 attribute 240 tactician holster that dropped for me. It had crit chance, crit damage and marksman damage. If it was a sentry or striker piece I would be so happy. Everything else has mostly been trash minus the gear that improved my bomb damage for cheesing. I haven't even tried crafting the 214 gear minus a few pieces because it seems so worthless.

I think my first 240 reward was a striker holster with only 2 attributes. Whoever was in charge of loot and thought 240 gear set holsters should only have 2 of the 3 attributes is just a dick. Yes, I cheesed the shit out of it while wearing a green bay packers cheesehead, but if you actually went through the process of beating CM and got that as your weekly reward I would be pissed. You can only get that reward once a week and it's absolutely worthless.

Wait what? I have my well over 100%, what is this bullshit?

People on reddit believe(d) that when scavenging passes the 100/200/300 mark all it does is just reset back to zero as in 123% is 23%. People argue no one has any clue what scavenging actually works on. It's a crapshoot either way. Ve3tro has seen millions of M1As drop and all I see are shotguns everywhere. They need to explain how the stat actually works either way

theWB27

The gear sets were poorly designed. They are only there to help you reach the imaginary GS numbers they set to lock you out of activities. The sets should have better bonuses and higher % numbers than the HEs, but I haven't seen it yet except for a 3 attribute 240 tactician holster that dropped for me. It had crit chance, crit damage and marksman damage. If it was a sentry or striker piece I would be so happy. Everything else has mostly been trash minus the gear that improved my bomb damage for cheesing. I haven't even tried crafting the 214 gear minus a few pieces because it seems so worthless.

I think my first 240 reward was a striker holster with only 2 attributes. Whoever was in charge of loot and thought 240 gear set holsters should only have 2 of the 3 attributes is just a dick. Yes, I cheesed the shit out of it while wearing a green bay packers cheesehead, but if you actually went through the process of beating CM and got that as your weekly reward I would be pissed. You can only get that reward once a week and it's absolutely worthless.

People on reddit believe(d) that when scavenging passes the 100/200/300 mark all it does is just reset back to zero as in 123% is 23%. People argue no one has any clue what scavenging actually works on. It's a crapshoot either way. Ve3tro has seen millions of M1As drop and all I see are shotguns everywhere. They need to explain how the stat actually works either way

The bad part is that's my best build. My armor has been backed into a corner.

Another piece of bs is if I have both my vector and mp5 equipped(which draw from the same ammo pool ) my DPS goes up another 20k. Put my m44 with my mp5 and it drops again.

Gah,this is kind of infuriating.

BurritoBear

Neo Member
I have fun doing the Incursion Cheese. Probably because my friends and I just talk about random shit the entire time.

LOL this is exactly what my friends and I said. We jokingly said we should stream just the audio while cheesing because of how entertaining and ridiculous the convos get.

@mullah - at office today, I'll be on this evening though

Wolfe

Did all 3 parts of the survey someone posted, I just feel like this game/franchise has so much potential.

There's a lot I want improved, but one "minor" thing that really bugs me for some reason is character outfits, they're just so bad to me. The jackets are kinda cool but everything else (especially hats) is so underwhelming.

Yeah there's not enough hat variety, part of why I'm always rocking the moto cop helmet (even if I had to buy it, rather buy cosmetics than pay to win).

I know they can't really do this for the current game, but for Division 2 I hope they tie character aesthetics to gear, more akin to Diablo. The better the gear is, the more badass your guy looks. When you have all really good HE gear, it would be awesome to have futuristic soldier suits and shit, I'm such a sucker for that kind of thing.

I mean that's kinda how it works now but the clothing covers it up a lot, I do get what you're saying though as the storyline rogue agents all have full face masks and hoods that make them look pretty cool yet we don't have access to stuff like that.

Matush

No official statement but the theory is that over 100% it resets back to 0%

Eg. 125% is only 25%

Will wait on Massive clarification but holy shit, I was stacking up my scavenging since day one, respecing it, ffs. No wonder I have shitty drops.

Wolfe

I like that they're trying and I thought they were pretty thoughtful questions - not sure why it needs to be mocked here but whatever.

While I share your sentiment, I can also easily see why people react the way they do given the recent developments with the game.

While I share your sentiment, I can also easily see why people react the way they do given the recent developments with the game.

It wasn't a bad survey.
The section to give developers suggestions I basically advised to remove mobile cover immediately as it is ruining the game for those that play legit and that they need to remove or adjust all the unnecessary mod perks.

Wolfe

It wasn't a bad survey.
The section to give developers suggestions I basically advised to remove mobile cover immediately as it is ruining the game for those that play legit and that they need to remove or adjust all the unnecessary mod perks.

I agree that it wasn't a bad survey, was just saying I can understand why others would be ragging on it even if I don't agree with that sentiment.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I haven't taken survey but perhaps they're checking player perception to extracted data?

True. Didn't think of that. It is good to get player perception, but it is usually more wise to act on the extracted data.

It was a really good survey though. Covered pretty much everything. Interesting to see what they do with the feedback.

Wolfe

So speaking of scavenging, do you have a default amount or something? Was going to try reducing mine below 100% and see if I notice a difference but I only see one piece of gear with the stat on it...

My knee pads have 93% and my overall is 108%, no other gear has scavenging on it.

Edit: yeah taking them off leaves me with what appears to be base 15% scavenging, unless I'm missing something it seems odd to have a stat like that start above 0%.

Hjod

Banned
So I was extracting from DZ04, got the loot out of there, but one mob from the extract wave dropped some loot that I wanted to extract, so I figured I'd extract again seeing how I already killed the mobs that attack during extraction. So I call in the chopper again, semi afk, reading something online, suddenly my health drops.

Sneaky Rogue

theWB27

So I was extracting from DZ04, got the loot out of there, but one mob from the extract wave dropped some loot that I wanted to extract, so I figured I'd extract again seeing how I already killed the mobs that attack during extraction. So I call in the chopper again, semi afk, reading something online, suddenly my health drops.

Sneaky Rouge

All of a sudden he though, "I've made a huge mistake..." Abort and roll.

BurritoBear

Neo Member
Some "meaningful" life lessons I have observed (some I participated in) in the DARK ZONE.

Vol. 1

1. There's always a bigger dog
2. Karma's a bitch
3. When people band together, they can overcome any obstacle (when a server finally gets pissed off at rogues and gang up to take them out)
4. Life's not fair (how'd you get that 214 gs, bro?)
5. Size matters (my dps is bigger than yours :p)
6. Early bird gets the worm (division tech)
7. Time heals almost everything (f that guy that stole my gear)
8. Nice guys finish last ("we won't shoot this random guy", turnaround and get shot in the back by said random guy)
9. Get rid of anything that isn't useful (stash is only so big...but that backpack....)
10. Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone (MF rogues)
11. Never be too good to start at the bottom (DZ01)

Annnnnd finally -
12. Get busy livin' or get busy dyin' (Bonus DZ XP for first person to name which movie this came from, try not to cheese answer :D )

HMD

So speaking of scavenging, do you have a default amount or something? Was going to try reducing mine below 100% and see if I notice a difference but I only see one piece of gear with the stat on it...

My knee pads have 93% and my overall is 108%, no other gear has scavenging on it.

Edit: yeah taking them off leaves me with what appears to be base 15% scavenging, unless I'm missing something it seems odd to have a stat like that start above 0%.

You get the extra 15% from a security upgrade IIRC.

spyder_ur

Some "meaningful" life lessons I have observed (some I participated in) in the DARK ZONE.

Annnnnd finally -
12. Get busy livin' or get busy dyin' (Bonus DZ XP for first person to name which movie this came from, try not to cheese answer :D )

Cmon, easy now -
Shawshank

ChrisW

Why are some teammates in the incursion so stupid, I said to the guys on wave 15, I'll go get the bomb and I'll run it up to the apc and then pop survivor and plant, you guys just survive in the pit.

So they start running behind me and proceed to all die and then I die and it's over!

Idiots

HMD

Why are some teammates in the incursion so stupid, I said to the guys on wave 15, I'll go get the bomb and I'll run it up to the apc and then pop survivor and plant, you guys just survive in the pit.

So they start running behind me and proceed to all die and then I die and it's over!

Idiots

I'm getting Prison of Elders flashbacks from Destiny, so bad. I cheesed that boring mess until I got my Sentry set and I never looked back.

ch4fx_

Hey man, the DZ ain't changin me!

I've given into temptation before, but most of the time.. I'm the guy in the group saying;

"yea, he's cool guys. let's leave him alone"
"this dudes alone, let's help him extract/clear this area"
"FRIENDLIES! be careful guys. don't shoot them."

& my favorite...

"I've lost too much XP tonight guys, no more shenanigans for me"

I'd like to get on this if there's room - though I won't be on until a bit later, maybe 8ish Eastern

Definitely man. If anything, we will set up multiple groups to maximize everyone's cheese intake! I'll see you online this evening!

Does the Striker talent bonus affect everyone in the group like Sentry or just the agent using the gear?

Just the agent using it. Using a shotgun, more importantly a shotgun with good accuracy and extended clip helps proc that talent so quick.Dem buckshots...

KDR_11k

Just feel like venting: WarrenGate CM, first time I've ever seen the timer run down. One player was using a turret (extended range) and seeker bombs (multi-mod) and saying they work just fine if you stay super defensive...

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

Sneaky Rouge

Damn rouge, being so sneaky.

G700pCy.jpg

edukate

Just feel like venting: WarrenGate CM, first time I've ever seen the timer run down. One player was using a turret (extended range) and seeker bombs (multi-mod) and saying they work just fine if you stay super defensive...

That sucks. I'm not a big fan of turrets unless if used for stunning or pulling agro. However, seeker mines- of the engulfing kind- are my freaking fave.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
WarrenGate is easy on the countdown section. Do one valve at a time, there is no timer on doing all 3 within a certain time. Activate valve, kill wave and then repeate 2 more times. The people who do all 3 straight away make it hard on themselves.

h0tp0ck3t

Sweet! My first HE drop is an RPK that does 13% bonus damage to Elites. Thing just melts enemies on hard. Should make the grind that much easier :D

Top Bottom