• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Wolfe

What is everyone using as their go to gun? I've been sticking with ACP but I'm guessing there's better.

Still rocking my BM AK-74, hard to let go given the near max damage range coupled with Brutal Destructive and Ferocious I believe. Still haven't crafted anything else that comes close to it (primary weapon wise).

GazzaGSi

I've given into temptation before, but most of the time.. I'm the guy in the group saying;

"yea, he's cool guys. let's leave him alone"
"this dudes alone, let's help him extract/clear this area"
"FRIENDLIES! be careful guys. don't shoot them."

& my favorite...

"I've lost too much XP tonight guys, no more shenanigans for me"

Definitely man. If anything, we will set up multiple groups to maximize everyone's cheese intake! I'll see you online this evening!

Sometimes a calm head is needed, other times all hell needs to breaks loose :p
I'll be on in just over 3 hours, man this shift at work is dragging it's arse today.

KDR_11k

I'm not sure whether to pick burner mine, gas mine or flash mod sticky for stuns, the sticky is the conventional choice but the other two have their upsides as well.

WarrenGate is easy on the countdown section. Do one valve at a time, there is no timer on doing all 3 within a certain time. Activate valve, kill wave and then repeate 2 more times. The people who do all 3 straight away make it hard on themselves.

Oh, so each valve spawns a wave? Anyway, I've never seen it run out before. Usually you have plenty of time left. Though I find it kinda funny how the game keeps yelling at you to turn the valve and doesn't let you turn the valve until you have provided enough sacrifice for Khorne.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Oh, so each valve spawns a wave? Anyway, I've never seen it run out before. Usually you have plenty of time left. Though I find it kinda funny how the game keeps yelling at you to turn the valve and doesn't let you turn the valve until you have provided enough sacrifice for Khorne.

Yup. Can do it alot quicker and have atleast 5-7 minutes spare.

Hjod

Banned
Damn rouge, being so sneaky.

G700pCy.jpg

I don't get it? If you're talking about him showing up on the mini-map I don't think he was rouge untill he started shooting me.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
So I was talking with the guys earlier and did some tests. My Tactical Link regenertates back every 3 minutes and even quicker when killing mobs.

Also when active I noticed it refills with every kill I get. If I come across loads of enemies while its on I can keep it going until everyone is dead. Is that normal I don't remember it doing this when using it last month. Tactition perk?

I'm at a loss here.

I seem to die in 2 hits for challenge mode and when joining any incursion groups I either get kicked or we wipe at wave 3.

What in the actual fuck is this shit? How are you supposed to progress if you're not able to even complete the CMs or hard incursions?

Wolfe

I don't get it? If you're talking about him showing up on the mini-map I don't think he was rouge untill he started shooting me.

@_@ rouge =/= rogue :p

Haha that's what I get for getting distracted while the reply window was open, super late.

I'm at a loss here.

I seem to die in 2 hits for challenge mode and when joining any incursion groups I either get kicked or we wipe at wave 3.

What in the actual fuck is this shit? How are you supposed to progress if you're not able to even complete the CMs or hard incursions?

What's your gear like? If you don't have many HE items yet I'd just run some missions on hard mode as named bosses for sure drop an HE item now, might help you beef up a bit if going down in 2 hits.

As for being kicked, that's all due to Gear Score, it really should be a hidden stat value because with people being able to see it invariably they're going to then use it to judge other players by.

So I was talking with the guys earlier and did some tests. My Tactical Link regenertates back every 3 minutes and even quicker when killing mobs.

Also when active I noticed it refills with every kill I get. If I come across loads of enemies while its on I can keep it going until everyone is dead. Is that normal I don't remember it doing this when using it last month. Tactition perk?

Running Tech Support?

aku:jiki

WarrenGate is easy on the countdown section. Do one valve at a time, there is no timer on doing all 3 within a certain time. Activate valve, kill wave and then repeate 2 more times. The people who do all 3 straight away make it hard on themselves.
I've seen lots of people post this across the internet, but is this a console thing or something? Because on PC, opening all the valves doesn't seem to spawn all the waves at once. They still spawn in sequential order, so opening all the valves at once actually saves time for us. The only thing the valves do, at least on PC, is determine the order of the spawns.

I'm gonna be using the Swedish word from now on, look out there is a "skurk" about haha.
Skurka inte mig om du ser mig i mörkerzonen, din lymmel!

Quazar

I've seen lots of people post this across the internet, but is this a console thing or something? Because on PC, opening all the valves doesn't seem to spawn all the waves at once. They still spawn in sequential order, so opening all the valves at once actually saves time for us. The only thing the valves do, at least on PC, is determine the order of the spawns.

Skurka inte mig om du ser mig i mörkerzonen, din lymmel!

Playing on X1 and starting all three really doesn't matter as its one wave at a time. Unless were just killing that quick.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Weird
You don't have a 4 set?
Any signature talents right?
Never seen that ,looks like it's extending the duration

4 Striker
2 Tactitian

Talents are Triage, Steady Hands, On the Move and One is None.

182,000 DPS
60,000 Health
35,000 Stamina

edukate

So... Regarding scavenging: Got it up to 97%... Ran the daily cm and fair enough the boss dropped the tactician gloves on the first shot.

Ran the same mission yesterday with a scavenging of 15% and no drop; teammate had his at 95% and he got the gloves as well.

Pixels

I'm at a loss here.

Same... It sucks.

The1Ski

So... Regarding scavenging: Got it up to 97%... Ran the daily cm and fair enough the boss dropped the tactician gloves on the first shot.

Ran the same mission yesterday with a scavenging of 15% and no drop; teammate had his at 95% and he got the gloves as well.

That's pretty anecdotal. I know it lines up with a numbers that other people have run though.

I'm going go check my numbers...

Lima

I'm at a loss here.

You don't. Move on and play some other games and come back when the first real paid DLC hits.

edukate

That's pretty anecdotal. I know it lines up with a numbers that other people have run though.

I'm going go check my numbers...

I've heard that but I also literally ran the mission yesterday... Teammate got a gear set item with very similar stats, and I got it today shortly after tinkering with scavenging to be between 90-99%.

I'm going to start axing gear set item bosses in a few and see if this holds true.

I like that they're trying and I thought they were pretty thoughtful questions - not sure why it needs to be mocked here but whatever.

Well i completed the survey then it asked for the advanced survey .i completed the advanced survey and it asked for the extra survey.

Trully the first time i took a survey like this.

Samikaze

After all the bloody days in the Dark Zone, today was really cool.
While playing the Consulate on the daily CM we get a full group in. I'm GS179, the others vary from 160-190. We also get a GS 20. Yep, just twenty gear score.

My buddy is running nearly all blues with some purples and manages to get 58. This guy must be all greens/grey or it's glitched or something.
Guy struggles hard to keep up but never stops. He seems to know his limits, and tends to hang back and drop pulses / medstations while sniping. Occasionally reviving us when needed.

At the end of it, myself and the other players all voluntarily drop our HE drops for the guy. He goes from his lowly 20 to something a bit over 100.

Nice change of pace.

Wolfe

After all the bloody days in the Dark Zone, today was really cool.
While playing the Consulate on the daily CM we get a full group in. I'm GS179, the others vary from 160-190. We also get a GS 20. Yep, just twenty gear score.

My buddy is running nearly all blues with some purples and manages to get 58. This guy must be all greens/grey or it's glitched or something.
Guy struggles hard to keep up but never stops. He seems to know his limits, and tends to hang back and drop pulses / medstations while sniping. Occasionally reviving us when needed.

At the end of it, myself and the other players all voluntarily drop our HE drops for the guy. He goes from his lowly 20 to something a bit over 100.

Nice change of pace.

Love reading stories like this, I always imagine a lot of people would kick that guy without a second thought. Thumbs up :)

Tawpgun

Fwiw that tactical link thing should stay. Might make it actually useful lol

(They really need to nerf survivor or bring dps up)

Tawpgun

http://tvpot.daum.net/v/vfd2aLV1L1zd3RVVC3Cd1CC

Holy fucking shit.

2 shooter the CM APC how is this possible?!?!?
Holy shit.

The explosive damage is the only one that counts since bullets don't count. But that's insane.

Not sure what else he's running but he's using mobile cover stacked with Smart Cover, tactical link, explosive bullets, and I assume a high end m44 hitting the weak spot.

Not sure what else he can be running.

theWB27

4 Striker
2 Tactitian

Talents are Triage, Steady Hands, On the Move and One is None.

182,000 DPS
60,000 Health
35,000 Stamina

All three of my skills replenish faster with kills. So does my life.

You've got to have some cool down perks you're missing. Either way I hope it stays that way.

Does anyone have the extra xp on kills in the dark zone? I've ran through allot of armor and haven't seen it.

Samikaze

Love reading stories like this, I always imagine a lot of people would kick that guy without a second thought. Thumbs up :)

Yeah I've seen quite a few get booted and hate it. If he's clearly going AFK or hoping to make us carry them for easy points I get it, but I won't boot anyone without reason. If you're too low to be there, you're too low to be there, but you can still try to help.

Top Bottom