• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Scavenging doesn't affect the drop rate so not sure why you're upset about that.

Getting a gear set to drop with 99% or 15% scavenging is still a 3% drop chance.

What? That is exactly what I said. I'm not upset as I have a Sentry and a Striker set (legitimately acquired). My response was about someone raising their scavenging % to 97% and immediately getting a gear set piece to drop on their next CM run in comparison to me running at 99% for a week and 50+ CM missions resulting in zero gear set drops. It's luck, nothing more and nothing less.

Holy crap this is hilarious lol. I haven't played the game in two days and I come here to see these exploits... goddamn it. What is Massive doing? FFS

JohnCYQ

s6dXpvH.jpg

PSA: The 3 guards that spawn in Warrengate CM have a chance at dropping GS 204 gear.

Now realize the following:
Completing CM grants 163 gear.
Killing named boss in CM grants 182 gear.
DZ named bosses drop 163 gear 90% of the time, 182 gear 10% of the time.

Massive Pls.

Paertan

Actually did a legit run of Falcon with my friend and two first time randos.

I've done it legit a bunch of times. Only way I have done it. Only need gloves now! I have 3 pieces of Striker and 2 Sentry.

Bonuses from Striker
+20% enemy armor damage.
+50% critical hit damage

Bonuses from Sentry
+30% headshot damage

I use Caduceus so I go for Headshots all the time for the Coolheaded talent. Also get healed by Critical.
My Secondary is a Vector with health on crit.
Both weapons make me pretty tanky as long as I have ammo.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I've done it legit a bunch of times. Only way I have done it. Only need gloves now! I have 3 pieces of Striker and 2 Sentry.

Bonuses from Striker
+20% enemy armor damage.
+50% critical hit damage

Bonuses from Sentry
+30% headshot damage

I use Caduceus so I go for Headshots all the time for the Coolheaded talent. Also get healed by Critical.
My Secondary is a Vector with health on crit.
Both weapons make me pretty tanky as long as I have ammo.
If you are going to main Caduceus, you probably want to get 4 Sentry btw.

5716CFE64A7CBB0031

LMAO.

Just dead already, this game. I wouldn't even angry that I've spent $60 for this absolute mess of a game.

RG0BS1U.gif

I noticed the Division subreddit mods are actively deleting all threads on bugs and saying to "report them in the official ubisoft forums or in our bug megathread." Pretty lame attempt at altering the narrative that this is a functional game at the moment.

Fistwell

Woke up to these two posts, top of last page.
OK looks like talents on weapons can be stacked if you switch them around really fast.

Dailies broken again. This time I can't even do them because it says I've completed. Good thing I've got 1000 PXC.

Yeah ok this game is fucked.

I read the effect doesn't go away until the game session changes
o_O
I'd say they need to get their shit together, but I think we're way, way past that point.

Did someone tweet that shit to their ass-clown community managers?

Tugatrix

yesterday I won my first incursion and gained 2 green items, I equiped them and ended up with less DPS that I would have with the gold ones, like what happened?

@_@ rouge =/= rogue :p

Haha that's what I get for getting distracted while the reply window was open, super late.

What's your gear like? If you don't have many HE items yet I'd just run some missions on hard mode as named bosses for sure drop an HE item now, might help you beef up a bit if going down in 2 hits.

As for being kicked, that's all due to Gear Score, it really should be a hidden stat value because with people being able to see it invariably they're going to then use it to judge other players by.

I'm in full HE gear, with a GS of 170 odd.

Still feels like I'm tickling the enemies in challenge mode, it's weird

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
Usually when I run into random people sending invites it was just a pretense to kill, but yesterday I ran into my new German bro totally fighting the good fight. We hooked up with another player and actually had a good time. Even stood a chance in a manhunt against a team of four rogues. Did run into a trap with open eyes though. Saw this dude run into the metro, followed him with the whole team, turns out there's four guys standing there. We all look at eachother rather dumb for a while, they open fire, we go down hard. Can't even be mad about it, that was plain stupid of us :) Good times with some random hookups all in all.

For all the doom and gloom in this thread you'd almost think this is completely impossible.

Maybe the poopsocking basement dwelling dweebs are just more vocal. Or I've been lucky. Who knows. Still enjoying the game. Once I get to the point where I only get one-shotted in the DZ and all my loot is weak af I'll joing the complaining crowd.

Waldini

This game died (for me atleast) way too quick.

There's little to no PvE content which allows you to actually stand a chance in the DZ. Many of my friends did the exploit and are all geared out in High-End gear. I'm stuck at purple and have some HE on my weapons.

I currently have 134.000 DPS (IIRC). Which is good but nowhere near as good as the guys in the Dark-Zone. I get taken out pretty fast. Named-Enemies in the PvE area should also drop High-End gear instead of purple all the time. Right now, only DZ named-enemies drop HE stuff ... so the only way to keep up with other players is to grind the DZ. Hell, it takes WAY less time to grind the DZ and find 8/9 HE pieces in an hour. You try and do that in the PvE area. Takes forever.

jbortz78

I'm in full HE gear, with a GS of 170 odd.

Still feels like I'm tickling the enemies in challenge mode, it's weird

The value really doesnt say much Im afraid.
Im full HE gear with 145.000dps/ 73.000 Health / 10.500 skill and my GS i 164 and have no problems in challenge lincoln/lexington, havent tried warren or russian but doing trying them this weekend.

jbortz78

On another topic, im really short on crafting materials, esp tools since nerf... How do all of you go about getting enough for crafting?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
On another topic, im really short on crafting materials, esp tools since nerf... How do all of you go about getting enough for crafting?
Only thing you can do is farm DZ. Unless someone finds a way to glitch a challenge mode mission and farm a boss over and over again for drops.

The value really doesnt say much Im afraid.
Im full HE gear with 145.000dps/ 73.000 Health / 10.500 skill and my GS i 164 and have no problems in challenge lincoln/lexington, havent tried warren or russian but doing trying them this weekend.

My numbers are around the same as yours. Slightly lower dps and health, but higher skill.

I switched some talents and stuff around as advised earlier in the thread and that seems to have helped my survivability a bit. Having ways to get your health back up and overheal helps a lot.

phen0m24

SMH At this point we could log into the game and have 2 equal vertical panels at the opening UI screen:

Cheating / Not cheating

Cheating would be more populated

theWB27

yesterday I won my first incursion and gained 2 green items, I equiped them and ended up with less DPS that I would have with the gold ones, like what happened?

I learned yesterday that the green doesn't have very many offensive perks (crit damage etc) like the other he gear. Drops your dps.

At one point I could get my DPS over 200k without the new gear. With it I got a good 40k less.

This game died (for me atleast) way too quick.

There's little to no PvE content which allows you to actually stand a chance in the DZ. Many of my friends did the exploit and are all geared out in High-End gear. I'm stuck at purple and have some HE on my weapons.

I currently have 134.000 DPS (IIRC). Which is good but nowhere near as good as the guys in the Dark-Zone. I get taken out pretty fast. Named-Enemies in the PvE area should also drop High-End gear instead of purple all the time. Right now, only DZ named-enemies drop HE stuff ... so the only way to keep up with other players is to grind the DZ. Hell, it takes WAY less time to grind the DZ and find 8/9 HE pieces in an hour. You try and do that in the PvE area. Takes forever.

Are you even playing the game? Killing a mission boss in hard or challenging difficulty always drops a piece of HE gear.

swooshboy

Neo Member
I learned yesterday that the green doesn't have very many offensive perks (crit damage etc) like the other he gear. Drops your dps.

At one point I could get my DPS over 200k without the new gear. With it I got a good 40k less.

But DPS itself is a relatively arbitrary stat. The fact that you can enhance your DPS through accuracy mods on your weapons speaks to this.

For me, the bonuses afforded by the new gear sets is the key. I may lose some DPS with my Sentry gear, but the extra headshot damage is much more useful.

Had some cheese for breakfast for the sake of science, and ARCH you were right. I downed APC in 3 explosive bullet uses on Hard mode using mobile cover, smart cover and an M44. I think I was hitting armor around 550K at the peak with all buffs. Didn't even have to use a sticky.

Didn't get any great gear out of it, but the solo experiment worked!

SMH At this point we could log into the game and have 2 equal vertical panels at the opening UI screen:

Cheating / Not cheating

Cheating would be more populated

Cheating people would get massively powerful and then find a way to glitch into the non-cheating servers. Look at how they tried to separate high geared DZ players from low geared players and the high geared players purposely nerfed some of their kit just to play with people that had way worse gear, lol.

Man idk if I have ever been so high on a game right after launch to so low as I am currently in such a short amount of time. Shit is ridiculous. They really fucked this game up. Honestly I wouldn't mind if they turned the servers off for a month and just tried to fix everything.

jbortz78

So I guess I should avoid the DZ for awhile.

Its not all bad and not all gankfest from high geared players, if needs be change server, and try to run with someone.

What they should have done was have more brackets then +-160 and better calc for GS but...

I myself would like some form om normalisation on dmg etc in the DZ, not like Destiny and not against AI but vs other players

Top Bottom