• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

I've spent a couple days away from the game.

I just saw the weapon talent stacking and I have no words for it. Could someone explain to me the credit glitch and materials exploit?

You can do it by PM, if you want.

I've spent a couple days away from the game.

I just saw the weapon talent stacking and I have no words for it. Could someone explain to me the credit glitch and materials exploit?

You can do it by PM, if you want.

Me too then...

The talent stacking glitch I tried out, it would take so long to stack it for FL kill.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
RG0BS1U.gif

I noticed the Division subreddit mods are actively deleting all threads on bugs and saying to "report them in the official ubisoft forums or in our bug megathread." Pretty lame attempt at altering the narrative that this is a functional game at the moment.

This has been the norm since launch. Nothing new.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Probably better now to up skill power with 2 bags that have Inventive talent. Get skill upto 1 million then pop off some sticky bombs on that APC.

Gonna do the one for credits, sick of wasting so much on re-rolls.

JohnCYQ

Probably better now to up skill power with 2 bags that have Inventive talent. Get skill upto 1 million then pop off some sticky bombs on that APC.

Gonna do the one for credits, sick of wasting so much on re-rolls.

Base dmg on Sticky is still stuck at 250k, and cooldown is also capped at like 20secs.

The AUG is a beast isn't it? How can this 163 AUG be so much better than my crafted 182 MP5 or Vector. This thing rocks. Now I kinda can't wait to try out the 182 version of it.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Man idk if I have ever been so high on a game right after launch to so low as I am currently in such a short amount of time. Shit is ridiculous. They really fucked this game up. Honestly I wouldn't mind if they turned the servers off for a month and just tried to fix everything.

That is the thing, there is a very good game in there. I have played over 3.5 days of gametime. I can't honestly play a game THAT long and say, "Man this game is terrible!!!" The game needs a massive revamp, but it is salvagable. I log in, do my dailies, then log right back out. I sometimes will hit the DZ, but because I am not uber powered, I feel like extraction attempts would be pointless.

My god this game is so fucked

Right? When the little things popped up, I felt like the game lost some polish. I was fine with it. I like games that a show their rough edges sometimes as long as the core still holds up.

But these are spreading the core of the game, now. That the alpha and beta were nothing more than demos is kind of known about current gaming in general. But the sheer quantity of shit that passed QA is getting a little embarrassing. The sheer number of exploits that continue to exist after being exposed since before release is more than a little embarrassing.

By the way, I think I found out about the materials glitch through context clues from reddit posts that weren't deleted outright. Basically, you have to have a season pass. Go to the rewards vendor to claim the HE materials. Once there, throttle your internet (through a number of available programs or methods you can find, LAN on consoles if needed) and start mashing the button to take the material. You'll receive it client-side; the rewards will stay server-side.

Y-I-K-E-S.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
The AUG is a beast isn't it? How can this 163 AUG be so much better than my crafted 182 MP5 or Vector. This thing rocks. Now I kinda can't wait to try out the 182 version of it.

I love the AUG. I got it from a drop while running the Russian Consulate one day.

I love the AUG. I got it from a drop while running the Russian Consulate one day.

What AUG is that, crafted/bought or drop?

It was a drop from DZ04. The talents on it aren't anything to write home about sure, but even without mods this thing is over 10k damage, vs my 182 MP5 for example that stripped down is like, 8800. Combine that with the fact that it has basically all around higher stats than the other two submachine guns (range, accuracy, stability, it's also got much higher critical damage in my case) and I'm a true believer now aha.

Right? When the little things popped up, I felt like the game lost some polish. I was fine with it. I like games that a show their rough edges sometimes as long as the core still holds up.

But these are spreading the core of the game, now. That the alpha and beta were nothing more than demos is kind of known about current gaming in general. But the sheer quantity of shit that passed QA is getting a little embarrassing. The sheer number of exploits that continue to exist after being exposed since before release is more than a little embarrassing.

By the way, I think I found out about the materials glitch through context clues from reddit posts that weren't deleted outright. Basically, you have to have a season pass. Go to the rewards vendor to claim the HE materials. Once there, throttle your internet (through a number of available programs or methods you can find, LAN on consoles if needed) and start mashing the button to take the material. You'll receive it client-side; the rewards will stay server-side.

Y-I-K-E-S.
I stopped playing entirely a few days ago. I can't deal with the bullshit anymore. Maybe I'll come back, maybe I won't. I bought the season pass so I'll definitely be interested in checking out the content I paid for but if they can't figure this shit out what's the point?

You know what's fun again? Destiny. The division feels like I'm being punished for even logging in. It's not fun for me at all. :/

Youwerethechosenone.gif

ThatHurt

Yeah so I think it's time that they split servers. After they fix the exploites, New characters are on a different instance. stashes not shared with old characters. Short of a massive rollback I think that's the only option.

Hjod

Banned
Wait, you can cheese materials, DZ creds, normal creds and the Incursion.

Guess next step would be DZxp cheese. Fuck this game is broken.

BurritoBear

Neo Member
Base dmg on Sticky is still stuck at 250k, and cooldown is also capped at like 20secs.

I was getting stuck at a base damage up to 300k and kept throwing skills into it and couldn't figure out why it wasn't higher. Then realized it's the damage to elite attribute. Start upping that and you'll get a much higher base dmg rate.

Also just chime in on the whole "the game broken" thing. I am a solo player. I have yet to run into any fuckery on the DZ but this may just be me being lucky, or because I'm super cautious since I am a solo player. Everything else such as the incursion exploits don't affect me since tbh, nobody ain't got time to matchmake for that. I realize that the best gear comes from there, but I don't feel like I'm chasing that at all.

My two big problems are the mats exchange and the goddamn people that boot you at the end of a challenging mission. That shit is getting old now, and I sometimes lose an entire hour helping people just to be booted as the loot drops. I am always the host on challenging missions now because of these trust issues I have with the randos matchmade community in general.

BurritoBear

Neo Member
Also just chime in on the whole "the game broken" thing. I am a solo player. I have yet to run into any fuckery on the DZ but this may just be me being lucky, or because I'm super cautious since I am a solo player. Everything else such as the incursion exploits don't affect me since tbh, nobody ain't got time to matchmake for that. I realize that the best gear comes from there, but I don't feel like I'm chasing that at all.

My two big problems are the mats exchange and the goddamn people that boot you at the end of a challenging mission. That shit is getting old now, and I sometimes lose an entire hour helping people just to be booted as the loot drops. I am always the host on challenging missions now because of these trust issues I have with the randos matchmade community in general.

What platform you play on?

I stopped playing entirely a few days ago. I can't deal with the bullshit anymore. Maybe I'll come back, maybe I won't. I bought the season pass so I'll definitely be interested in checking out the content I paid for but if they can't figure this shit out what's the point?

You know what's fun again? Destiny. The division feels like I'm being punished for even logging in. It's not fun for me at all. :/

Youwerethechosenone.gif

I'm in the same boat. I've been checking out Destiny after not playing since vanilla and the polish is what has been so impressive here.

I'm not trying to kick the Division when it's down or anything. I'm mostly just disappointed and sad, which is kind of sad in itself...

It's been a while since I've been so totally consumed by a game. I made the fucking wall of shame last OT! I've never made a wall of shame on GAF. I put in a full-time job's hours in addition to my actual full-time job in the first month of release.

@names the mat exchange and crafting is part of my "game is broken" outlook. They quite effectively fucked their game economy. The bugs and glitches and hacks just add fuel to the fire.

I used the rehab glitch but only because you kind of had to since everyone else was. The game's core mechanics are just all over the place right now. It's not worth the headache, for me.

What platform you play on?

I am on PS4. So at least I don't have to worry about hacking.

I haven't had anyone boot me at end and why would they?

For the same reason high geared scrubs bully and gank other lower levelled people in the DZ? Or to just fill up a spot to bring in an under levelled friend?

Now don't get me wrong, I still love the game but these changes need to happen quick. Like next week quick, specially the mats exchange.

We've been known to joke around at the expense of solo players before, but honestly if you are on X1 and need a crew to run DZ or CM, feel free to add us. My GT: DomsPlaying

Edit: Nvm, I see you're PS4. Still, there's some decent folks here that might help. Community may be dwindling a bit since last patch due to reasons outlined by Wes and others, but there will still be a base of players running dailies and DZ and helping friends gear up. Even if you don't want to exploit.

@names the mat exchange and crafting is part of my "game is broken" outlook. They quite effectively fucked their game economy. The bugs and glitches and hacks just add fuel to the fire.

I used the rehab glitch but only because you kind of had to since everyone else was. The game's core mechanics are just all over the place right now. It's not worth the headache, for me.

Yeah not gonna lie, I thought that upping the HE drop rate to 100% would mean that we would be getting a variety of power levelled weapons, such as 160, 180, etc. I have yet to see anything above 160 drop for me, and all of the 180 stuff I have is from hard earned mats conversion, that coupled with RNG screws me up completely. I don't put as much time into games as I did when I was younger, so I'd like my time to be more meaningful. I just want to be able to gear up like everyone that has groups, even if just a little slowly, that would suit me just fine. I love playing solo, but I am seriously handicapping myself and I realize it.

We've been known to joke around at the expense of solo players before, but honestly if you are on X1 and need a crew to run DZ or CM, feel free to add us. My GT: DomsPlaying

Edit: Nvm, I see you're PS4. Still, there's some decent folks here that might help. Community may be dwindling a bit since last patch due to reasons outlined by Wes and others, but there will still be a base of players running dailies and DZ and helping friends gear up. Even if you don't want to exploit.

Thanks for the invite friend, tbh it's this sense of fear that kind of keeps me playing solo. I really enjoy the rush I get from downing rogues on my own, or being able to sneak past them and extracting my stuff safely aha.

EDIT: Yeah no kidding on the numbers going down. Before I'd have no problem opening my privacy settings and getting 3 randos to do Challenging stuff with me. Last night I got maybe 1 or 2? Could be because I'm still gear Lvl 171, and everyone is just hearing up so much with the glitches that I can't even matchmake with them anymore.

Shady859

I stalk this thread semi often but wow I didn't realize so many exploits we're going on right now. This game is a beautifully addictive mess right... Been grinding torwards dz 75 to get that vector BP but honestly wonder if it's even worth it anymore. I purposely stay geared to 160 max to avoid the crazy geared players who just glitched over and over for gear. Top end lower tier is much closer to the majority of players than the max geared high end dz.

DasTanK

It was hard to avoid the rehab glitch cause even npcs could have procd it as well as running into the piles of garbage that were on fire. These new glitches you have to go out of your way to accomplish them. Currently the game is broken and Massive needs to get their heads out of their asses and fix these quickly. I feel at the moment they should revert the crafting nerfs and up the quality loot dropped to make these exploits useless.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
So apparently there's also a infinite crafting exploit?! This game needs a ffxiv style reborn thing.

Damn this is a mess. Would love to see what its like at Massive offices right now.

Just looking through some gear, I wonder if Perceptive talent also stacks between two pieces of gear.

" Your Item find and Credit find bonuses are increased by 25% "

Mullah88

I stalk this thread semi often but wow I didn't realize so many exploits we're going on right now. This game is a beautifully addictive mess right... Been grinding torwards dz 75 to get that vector BP but honestly wonder if it's even worth it anymore. I purposely stay geared to 160 max to avoid the crazy geared players who just glitched over and over for gear. Top end lower tier is much closer to the majority of players than the max geared high end dz.

Eh no. Didn't farm bk and when the patch that introduced GS hit I was already at 181, nonetheless I'm done with the game, was fun while it lasted, I did indulge in some incursion cheese but now the boosting of dps? Nah

darkwing

Damn this is a mess. Would love to see what its like at Massive offices right now.

Just looking through some gear, I wonder if Perceptive talent also stacks between two pieces of gear.

" Your Item find and Credit find bonuses are increased by 25% "

I suppose it would but maybe there would be cap like 100%

Fistwell

Been grinding torwards dz 75 to get that vector BP but honestly wonder if it's even worth it anymore. I purposely stay geared to 160 max to avoid the crazy geared players who just glitched over and over for gear.
lol that's me right there. If you're on PS4 we probably done ganked each other a few times. *tips hat*

Wolfe

I haven't had anyone boot me at end and why would they?

I haven't had anyone boot me at the end (at the beginning right as I join is another story) but I've read about it happening plenty of times so it's not as though it's not happening.

As for why? As shitty as it is I imagine most are doing it to allow a friend to join in and reap the rewards of the boss kill that is now readily available for them to fight because for who knows what reason that friend wasn't on or available when they started.

Pathetic behaviour.

I thought that got fixed? The mobile cover thing?

There's multiple ways to do it.

Top Bottom