• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

This ^ Haven't done the Incursion once. Legit or not. The thought of having to plow through 15 damned waves of enemies in the same room is not my idea of fun.

You haven't experienced that feelign of helplessness when suddenly at wave 6 , 5 shotgunners appear out of nowhere and one shot you across half the room ?

You've missed out

Not really

You haven't experienced that feelign of helplessness when suddenly at wave 6 , 5 shotgunners appear out of nowhere and one shot you across half the room ?

You've missed out

Not really

Yeaaaaaah. Nope.gif ahaha. As is I have trouble getting anywhere with 182 equipment since I need to craft it all and I just don't have the mats. I'm not even bothering with those gear sets. Hoping for a better solution for the gear progression in the next content drop.

after creating a second character i cant connect to a server with my main character anymore !!!!

WTF ? does anybody know a fix? i cant believe they have such a bug in this game.
i get "DELTA 20001004"

Pretty sure scavenging doesn't actually do a damn thing lol

I'm honestly not so sure about that. Across nearly 140 hours of play I wasn't able to get my dream weapons: a HE Tactical ACR and HE First Wave M1A. After having equipped a Nomad set of armor and a few other things, I got my scavenging rate up to 139%. In the last two days of play I've received those weapons, a HE SOCOM M1A, a HE Aug XPS (modded up to 165k DPS) and a really nice HE Navy MP5. In fact, the Aug dropped off the boss at the end of Warren Gate, not in the Dark Zone like you would have thought.

I'm not saying it might not just be a coincidence but it certainly seems like I've had much nicer drops when they come.

The incursion really is punishing in terms of rewards for time investment. After reading a reddit story on a team that beat challenge difficulty after 2.5 hrs and received zero rewards (no weekly, no apc drop) after beating it legit it makes you question things in the game. They then went on to cheese it and only received the apc drops because the game registered them beating it already for the week. EDIT: The CM incursion has a weekly reward of a 240 GS item. Great once a week you can possibly get 1 item at max GS to drop. 52 weeks in a year... Wait a second we have a May update and 3 DLCs planned this year. 240 GS will mean nothing once 276, 300, etc. GS shows up. Why a weekly lockout on 1 drop that could be completely terrible.

The issue with the end game is the higher GS and new set pieces aren't the most amazing things in the world. When you compare them with properly rolled 163/182 HE items you already own you begin questioning who designed the gear. The trade off for the set bonuses is too severe at times and unless you get an amazing roll the set pieces feel like they actually set you back in this game. Armor talent bonus are lost and it seems as if there are less primary / secondary attributes on the gear sets as well. Armor feels broken as well. Last night I was watching my health drop to nothing or was instantly downed in a Hard Mission when I have 60% armor mitigation and 73k health.

When they announced the patch they stated progress wouldn't be locked behind crafting and when the patch was released it kinda made sense because CM bosses were dropping 4 HEs and gold was everywhere. 10 hrs later that was nerfed. Sadly the game still requires you to craft the best items available, but the stock of blueprint has diminished where you can no longer craft an entire set of armor. The material nerf hurts players trying to get something useful out of those 2 BPs you bought with pcreds to replace your old armor.

The sad state is GS was introduced as almost just a lockout number for activities (see incursion lockout numbers). As much as I thought the light system was terrible in Destiny (mainly due to the shit rng drops) your character actually felt stronger in pve content when you higher light. Being 300 vs 320 in a HM raid feels completely different. Being GS 176 vs GS 210 feels the same or possibly worse if the armor all has shit rolls. This is not progress and that is a problem. Players should feel like progress is being achieved when they raise their GS and not feel punished.

I'll repeat myself one more time just because . The person at massive who thinks a holster with only 2 main stat attributes (firearms, stamina, electronics) instead of all 3 is a dick. If a holster only has 2 stats it should compensate in those stats as in if the max for 3 stat total is 1800 then the 2 stat should have the same 1800 max across the 2 stats. Not some hot garbage 240 GS 523 / 540 holster
, but it gives you 243 extra armor lol.

Fucking spot on.

Ryhian

Pretty sure scavenging doesn't actually do a damn thing lol

From the data mining on Reddit they've said it only impacts the quality of the drop from non-named mobs. Copy and paste of first part of the post:

"Evidently it only affects the quality of blues and purples from random mobs. As in: not named enemies, not bosses, not mission rewards and most importantly not material chests. It looks like it doesn't reset after 100% or 200%"

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Who ever made the Striker gear set needs a slap. Whole gear is white but the mask is green..

And the Battalion appearance stuff is silly. White pants and helmet but the tops are orange..

ch4fx_

I'm honestly not so sure about that. Across nearly 140 hours of play I wasn't able to get my dream weapons: a HE Tactical ACR and HE First Wave M1A. After having equipped a Nomad set of armor and a few other things, I got my scavenging rate up to 139%. In the last two days of play I've received those weapons, a HE SOCOM M1A, a HE Aug XPS (modded up to 165k DPS) and a really nice HE Navy MP5. In fact, the Aug dropped off the boss at the end of Warren Gate, not in the Dark Zone like you would have thought.

I'm not saying it might not just be a coincidence but it certainly seems like I've had much nicer drops when they come.

Congrats on your drops dude! I also had a Navy MP5 drop in the DZ over the weekend for me as well, surprisingly it dropped with brutal AND deadly!

Give this thread a read & decide for yourself regarding scavenging working/not working..

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4fqpu7/psa_scavenging_does_jack_shit/

Also, I'm not posting that to be rude, or "prove you wrong", or any other sketch shit like that -- so please don't take it that way. Just passing the info along so that if you determine that scavenging is fucked for the moment, you could shift your focus elsewhere & change your "+scavenging" gear/mods to something more effective for your character.

Either way, congrats again on your drops. Finally getting a weapon/gear piece to drop that you have been chasing is a pretty good feeling!

Recall

I'm level 10 and just entered the dark zone and get ganked pretty hard at the starting area. Anyone wanna team up?

PSN is RecallBerserk

Congrats on your drops dude! I also had a Navy MP5 drop in the DZ over the weekend for me as well, surprisingly it dropped with brutal AND deadly!

Give this thread a read & decide for yourself regarding scavenging working/not working..

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4fqpu7/psa_scavenging_does_jack_shit/

Also, I'm not posting that to be rude, or "prove you wrong", or any other sketch shit like that -- so please don't take it that way. Just passing the info along so that if you determine that scavenging is fucked for the moment, you could shift your focus elsewhere & change your "+scavenging" gear/mods to something more effective for your character.

Either way, congrats again on your drops. Finally getting a weapon/gear piece to drop that you have been chasing is a pretty good feeling!

Thanks, it was an amazing feeling to get my first M1A. I took down the boss outside the DZ4 parking lot extraction site and my heart was POUNDING, terrified that I was going to somehow lose it in the following two minutes, easily two of the most intense minutes of my life (sexual escapades included).

So, basically, an item drops and scavenging increases the potential of it being a higher quality item, color and stats? Interesting. I thought it handled all aspects of a drop... which, in retrospect, doesn't explain all the goddamn performance mods I've picked up, lol.

Hamish says that he's going to take time on Monday to talk about scavenging once he's back from the hospital.

Also, getting the Nomad sets was something I did mainly for the level 4 ability because hey, when you're alone in the Dark Zone a LOT like I am, you never know what could happen. I need to play with more people though, maybe meet some PC Gaffers...

Wolfe

I think so. I think I bought like 4 BPs not paying attention to the gear score number last night.

I wouldn't worry about them being 163 that much, I think those are the old rank 50 blueprints and depending on the rolls can easily be better than a GS 182 version.

Who ever made the Striker gear set needs a slap. Whole gear is white but the mask is green..

And the Battalion appearance stuff is silly. White pants and helmet but the tops are orange..

Yeah I was thinking the same thing at some point. The Battalion stuff in particular, I thought it was odd that they made it shades of orange instead of greys with crimson mixed in... because I saw the jacket first and assumed they all shared the same color theme lol. Not sure what the idea is for the shirt/jacket to be a different color like that.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Currently grinding Lincoln tunnel hoping for the sentry gloves drop, knowing my luck I'll get striker gloves!

Lincoln Tunnel- Weapon : Pistol, SMG, Shotgun - Gear : Backpack, Gloves - Set : Striker (Knee, Gloves) - Weapon Mod : Magazine - Gear Mod : Bonus - Skin : Teal

Lexington Event Center- Weapon : Pistol, Shotgun, Marksmen Rifle - Gear : Knee, Chest - Set : Strike (Knee, Glove) - Weapon Mod : Muzzle - Gear Mod : Bonus - Skin : Solid Pink

WarrenGate - Weapon : Assault Rifle, LMG, SMG - Gear : Mask, Gloves - Set : Tactician (Knee, Gloves) - Weapon Mod : Bottom Rail (Grips) - Gear Mod : Skill - Skin : Solid Green

Russian Consulate - Weapon : Assault Rifle, LMG, Marksmen Rifle - Gear : Knee, Chest - Set : Sentry (Knee, Gloves) - Weapon Mod : Top Rail (Scopes) - Gear Mod : Skill - Skin : Red, White and Blue

Enjoy. :p

GazzaGSi

Haven't had 1 gear item drop from CM bosses, only seen them in the DZ (once) outside of the cheese factory.

Glad they fixed it, I enjoyed my time with the game so far. I'll be on later on today

It was ridiculous, I tried it in CM last night and dps was stacked to around 700k+ after a pulse and I was walking through heavy elites. In warrengate the guards and boss didn't even make it down the stairs out the office at the end.

Sweet, may see you online later. Will be home from work in about 3 hours or so.

J-Rzez

Another romp through the DZ for a couple hours, more junk. Not a single upgrade, not even a side grade. I got 2 m1a drops to date and they had the most trash skills and rolls ever. The leveling grind post 50 is horrific.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Thought I'd make a new 204 AUG just for fun.

Base is 10.5K DMG, Deadly 27%, Accurate 47%, Brutal 25%.

tumblr_mh64skludP1rhpqdyo1_500.gif

GazzaGSi

So jealous of these decent supply drops, all mine have been shitty purple mods and suppressors. The fire beast in the underground did drop a nice pair of sentry gloves though, that made for a tense extraction.

Mullah88

Haven't had 1 gear item drop from CM bosses, only seen them in the DZ (once) outside of the cheese factory.

It was ridiculous, I tried it in CM last night and dps was stacked to around 700k+ after a pulse and I was walking through heavy elites. In warrengate the guards and boss didn't even make it down the stairs out the office at the end.

Sweet, may see you online later. Will be home from work in about 3 hours or so.

lol still searching for my sentry gloves FML! guess its Russian consulate all night

Top Bottom