• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
i'm hoping they will be selling 204 MP5 blueprint on restock. currently using an AUG which is great but I def miss my MP5.

also got a great roll on a HE MP7 as a drop from a named enemy but it was at 163 so it was taking considerably more time to drop people with it than with my current AUG

Was the AUG from a blueprint or a drop?

Somnia

Can someone add my name on the Platform exchange?

XB1 Gamertag: SomniaGAF

PC: SomniaACO

US - CST - Game = ALL

Mainly looking for fellow xbox players as I have a regular group on PC.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football

US - CST - Game = ALL

Same here - XB1 Gamertag: dskillzhtown

Though I probably won't be able to play again until Sunday.

fuzzyset

People need to make up their minds. either it's unrealistic that it takes 30 shots to the head to die or it's too hard when one bullet kills you. And yeah there's no in between :)

Yeah, for me personally, I've always understood the RPG-ness of the game with respect to the TTK in PVE.

It'd be cool if they went the route that WoW is taking with the new expansion: all PVP damage is normalized, but having good PVE gear gives a small % bonus to damage/stats. Their example is top end raider has ~70 item levels above a fresh level 100 character, so they get a 7% bonus to PVP stuff. It's taken them 12 years to reach this balance and I think it looks like a nice compromise.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned

US - CST - Game = ALL

Same here - XB1 Gamertag: dskillzhtown

Though I probably won't be able to play again until Sunday.

You guys can add me. VE3TRO

Theres a big group of us who play together every night so you should always have someone to play with.

Got a third piece from the Sentry's Call set last night, thanks to a friend. It didn't have perfect stats, but it'll work until a better roll comes along. It brought down my DPS a bit, but it's already super high.

My stats are now 226K 62K 10K, and I'm cool with that. I also have tons of headshot damage and elite damage. My elite enemy damage should be something close to 40% now.

Rizific

Bastardo!

I've created about 20 Augs trying for a roll like that to no success. Going through gold division tech like crazy :(

Ah well, still happy with my Aug for now

wheres the aug blueprint? pls dont say dz level 50 =/. i had a navy mp5 that i used for about a week that i loved...until a pretty good aug dropped and replaced it.

edit: also where can i get sentrys or strikers gloves?

wheres the aug blueprint? pls dont say dz level 50 =/. i had a navy mp5 that i used for about a week that i loved...until a pretty good aug dropped and replaced it.

Supply drops and named bosses in the DZ. I got mine from a friend that got them from Torch at the Bryant Park extraction in DZ03. I believe you can also get them from the Incursion.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned

Blueprint was for sale last week. Theres a reset tonight so lets hope for an MP5 blueprint.

Its not DZ LV 50, its DZ lvl 75!!! But its not for sale anymore.

I have stopped buying and crafting. Not doing that until they undo the crafting nerf. They will change it so no point in wasting stuff now.

Currently only playing daily challange/challenges to get better gear. But im far from spending a lot of time in this game currently. There is no point until they fix the loot and crafting stuff, i will wait until its fixed before i play this game like i used too.

Olengie

First Wave M1A dropped for friend twice.

And here I am getting shitty performance mods.

Thankfully, my friend gave me the second one.

Iceman829

Blueprint was for sale last week. Theres a reset tonight so lets hope for an MP5 blueprint.

No way I'll make 75 tonight, so I hope the next weapon is worth it. Spent the early half of the week eating too much cheese. I do want to get back to running some DZ though. How was it yesterday? Still choppy like it has been or better?

Lima

What is making the DZ sad right now is that the damage players do increased so much with the new gear, be it 204 weapons or striker/sentry set, but the defense didn't.

Armor is still capped at 65% and a shit ton of health does nothing because while yes you might be able to survive 0.5 seconds longer you then don't deal enough damage to make that half a second count.

Firefights are CoD TTK now which is really bad. More than before it depends on who has a signature defense up to win a fight.

Survivability Massive. Give it to us. Why the hell is the absolute pointless Nomad set not a tank set? Keep the 4 set bonus, make the 3 set additional armor and 2 set bonus additional health.

I love this game but I will be taking a break from it for a while. Not sure how long. I'll probably hop on to do the daily missions here and there, but yeah. My DZ group stopped playing as well, it just isn't fun any more. Quite the shame.

darkwing

What is making the DZ sad right now is that the damage players do increased so much with the new gear, be it 204 weapons or striker/sentry set, but the defense didn't.

Armor is still capped at 65% and a shit ton of health does nothing because while yes you might be able to survive 0.5 seconds longer you then don't deal enough damage to make that half a second count.

Firefights are CoD TTK now which is really bad. More than before it depends on who has a signature defense up to win a fight.

Survivability Massive. Give it to us. Why the hell is the absolute pointless Nomad set not a tank set? Keep the 4 set bonus, make the 3 set additional armor and 2 set bonus additional health.

true, ttk is more important in DZ, plus proper timing of the survivor link

People need to make up their minds. either it's unrealistic that it takes 30 shots to the head to die or it's too hard when one bullet kills you. And yeah there's no in between :)

I never said there was no in between. The game is terribly imbalanced for any sort of PvP.

The 161+ bracket is full of exploiters who glitched the hell out CM Incursions for the best set items, with God roll weapons that melt you in a split second.

The only way I have a chance is to drop gear down below 150.

Iceman829

I love this game but I will be taking a break from it for a while. Not sure how long. I'll probably hop on to do the daily missions here and there, but yeah. My DZ group stopped playing as well, it just isn't fun any more. Quite the shame.

Keep an eye on the patch notes and check out the next free update if you are interested

Keep an eye on the patch notes and check out the next free update if you are interested

Oh, I'll be around for sure. I just wont log on immediately when I get home anymore.

Hopefully they keep the fixes rolling. Surely they know the state the game is in right now is not anywhere near where it needs to be.

oSoLucky

I never said there was no in between. The game is terribly imbalanced for any sort of PvP.

The 161+ bracket is full of exploiters who glitched the hell out CM Incursions for the best set items, with God roll weapons that melt you in a split second.

Me and my group melt the large majority of players in
a split second and are nowhere near god rolled. Maybe the problem isn't exploiters.

jamesdbc

Neo Member

I play in the 0–160 bracket and I've noticed in the last few days an increasing presence of well-geared, DZ rank 65+ rogues going manhunt on unsuspecting noobs.

Last night there were two in particular taking everyone down without much hassle. I'm well-geared myself for that bracket so I had some success taking them down but they'd just re-spawn and repeat.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
No way I'll make 75 tonight, so I hope the next weapon is worth it. Spent the early half of the week eating too much cheese. I do want to get back to running some DZ though. How was it yesterday? Still choppy like it has been or better?

Last night was pretty fine. Ran into some dick bags who wouldn't die and also had insane DPS. StreetSolider shot at everything that moved and we had some guys who went rogue on us while extracting three times but we dropped them everytime.

We've also got a funny story from DZ to tell but I'll tell you later in the party than posting here. Oh and also Ben (BrownHole) got his old agent back with his gear which is cool.

he got nothing for me :( is it xbox only?

I had a pop up saying go to the rewards vendor, I headed over and he has 150 PXC waiting.

what are the chances of him selling the blueprints for the 3 most used weapons in the game three weeks in a row? i'm thinking its gonna be a primary assault rifle this week :/

All random so lets hope. I bet it will be a shotgun and LMG or something that barely anyone uses.

SirDgby

Neo Member
Anyone else think that with the cost of BPs (and crafting mats to roll them) that the 204 weapons so far just haven't been worth the upgrade from the cheaper 182's that most people already have decent rolls on?

I guess I'm gambling a bit that desirable BPs will come back up (I half suspect a change coming to balance out other guns vs SMG/MM to help with this) but seeing how I'm not swimming in dz funds or div tech yet I'm considering waiting for the next update (May?) which will push the ilvl of these prints further.

Iceman829

Last night was pretty fine. Ran into some dick bags who wouldn't die and also had insane DPS. StreetSolider shot at everything that moved and we had some guys who went rogue on us while extracting three times but we dropped them everytime.

We've also got a funny story from DZ to tell but I'll tell you later in the party than posting here. Oh and also Ben (BrownHole) got his old agent back with his gear which is cool.

I had a pop up saying go to the rewards vendor, I headed over and he has 150 PXC waiting.

All random so lets hope. I bet it will be a shotgun and LMG or something that barely anyone uses.

I'll be on tonight. Probably earlier than normal. I'll catch up with you guys then.

Good to hear he got his character back even after Ubi said they couldn't help him.

They need to fix LMGs and make them suppressive fire beasts or something. Their current state is just out of place. Give them a bipod attachment and box mag and let people fire them while posted up to suppress enemies or other agents rushing them. It would make the game into a cover shooter again maybe even give mobile cover a purpose other than for glitching.
lol who am I kidding

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
At gun range with 4x Striker talent bonus active. Will go up even more once I have the Sentry bonus active. Wonder how high I can go.

LJfDFVe.png

edukate

Anyone get the bug where Lincoln mission doesn't start and your group charges down to a fence blocking the way?

Experienced this a few times with other missions as well.

Fast traveling to the mission and then starting it new/ matchmaking works better. If I attempted to start/ matchmake directly from the map then I would encounter that glitch.

Rizific

Here's a handy list of all the Dark Zone vendor blueprints, where to find them, gear score, etc.

http://www.darkzoned.com/

didnt they say they lowered the required dz level 50 bps to level 40 last patch? then the next level after lv50 is 75 then 90? ugh. fuck. that. i dont really have a desire to grind the dz. i hit 40 yesterday and i thought the grind to 40 was enough. the lv50 bps arent all that attractive either.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
didnt they say they lowered the required dz level 50 bps to level 40 last patch? then the next level after lv50 is 75 then 90? ugh. fuck. that. i dont really have a desire to grind the dz. i hit 40 yesterday and i thought the grind to 40 was enough. the lv50 bps arent all that attractive either.

Still waiting on that DZ exp exploit. Save me from the grind!

Archpath1

Always better to start the mission yourself at the location rather than from map
Open party privacy
Let them join you, don't join them

thespot84

i find if i fast travel to the mission, reset the difficulty myself it'll open, then i set my group privacy to open and once I run into the mission my group will fill up

Most of the pre-patch DZ50 blueprints are in the Base of Operations now. No DZ rank required.

Is there a go-to for something I should buy in the Dark Zone with my DZ credits? Haven't bought anything yet - level 27 DZ, have 173 Gear Score, roll with a Vector and sniper rifle that does 175,000 and 150,000 DPS respectively. Have somewhere around 67,000 health. Tips welcome!

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Is your gear 240? This 214 doesn't do much at all to my stats. My DPS is only 143k.

Primary and Secondary guns = 204
Sidearm = 182
Chest, Kneepads, Backpack, Holster = 214
Mask and Gloves = 240

What kind of talents you running on the guns? I have Brutal on both and I think that kicks it up alot.

Top Bottom