• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 3| Crafted From 150 OT 2’s

Here is the list of changes implemented with the server restart of April 21:

Fixed a bug where players could revive others twice by holding the Revive key
Fixed a bug where Talent effects could be stacked by repeatedly switching the equipped weapon. This should also resolve the recent server instability that was due to the increased traffic generated by this bug.

This is a pretty nice move. They're keeping up the pace.

Now fix the missions not starting bug. And, have they fixed the health regen glitch?

Kadin

Started a new job on Monday and I'm all out of whack with what's been going on since I last played on Sunday. Anyone able to catch me up quickly? Any update on "punishment" for those who cheesed a few times? (Literally 3 times)

Spy

I just need one more trophy to platinum the game, it's for extracting an item at all the zones. Would anyone mind helping me? I'm 162 gear level and the zones I need are the two in DZ05 and one in DZ06.

theWB27

Taking down rogues is gonna be so much more fun not having to worry about double revive. Also im just 4 levels from 75.

That grind without going rogue is tough ish.

deafmedal

Has anyone ever gotten Nomad body armour?

Got one from the DZ, dude at Midtown Music I believe. Then I dismantled it.
I was checking it out at the base, considering rolling for armor and a group member started the Incursion- I hit left stick instead of right stick 0_o fucking idiot lol

edukate

Anyone w/ tips on running an effective tactician build? do I go 3 tact/ 3 strike OR 4 tact/ 2 strike? Or 2 tact/ 2 sentry/ 2 strike FTFW?

I have a caduceus as a primary if that helps...

Iceman829

On my way home from my work party. Anyone on xb1 for a dz party starting about 11:30 est? I promise I know where all the dtech chests are if I'm sober by then. Official tour guide of DZ05/06 :)

Iceman829

Anyone w/ tips on running an effective tactician build? do I go 3 tact/ 3 strike OR 4 tact/ 2 strike? Or 2 tact/ 2 sentry/ 2 strike FTFW?

Not sure if it helps at all, but the other day I read a nice thread on reddit about skill builds and using caduceus as a primary. Try seeing if you can pull it up. It seemed helpful and I was going to try a setup after I move my cad back to my main

firehawk12

Subete no aware

The 4 piece skill seems only useful if you are low on skill power because of all the caps. The extra skill haste from the 3 piece could be useful depending on your role, but even then groups as a whole would benefit from the 4 piece sentry skill more than anything else. Particularly if you are using Caduceus.

I thought the Liberator is the skill gun.Is the Caduceus as well skill oriented?
Caduceus for the skill haste on headshots.

Iceman829

I thought the Liberator is the skill gun.Is the Caduceus as well skill oriented?
Liberator is the craft able skill gun. Caduceus is only found via drops. I would post the skills but my Internet just died. It's always fun when you get a delta, Mike and Sierra error. I look over at my router and it's blinking like the 4th of july. So much for finishing up the dailies. Can't even watch Netflix to pass out.

Mullah88

Liberator is the craft able skill gun. Caduceus is only found via drops. I would post the skills but my Internet just died. It's always fun when you get a delta, Mike and Sierra error. I look over at my router and it's blinking like the 4th of july. So much for finishing up the dailies. Can't even watch Netflix to pass out.
Mine just went down! TWC is a joke

Wolfe

Lol damn, just found a military AK-47 with unforgiving, deadly and brutal. It's 163 though of course so it's got a little over 1k damage less than my black market AK. Still makes me wonder if I could get my crit high enough to where the benefit would outweigh the damage decrease, it's abysmally low atm (usually around 15%). Having a hard time getting upgraded gear and or getting rolls I want on the gear I have.

Oh well, maybe I'll toss it in my stash and screw around with it later assuming I don't have anything better at the time lol.

Pop

DZ is ruined. Bunch of 210+gear score and 99 rank dz players running around in groups of 4.

What a clusterfuck

I'm currently running 4 striker and 1 tact as still need the gloves.
The caduceus can be a beast and my skills can be refreshed in a matter of seconds.
My BFB is currently critting for about 350k

Jorav

Wish there was something in between hard and challenging. Can steamroll hard solo but just can't do challenging solo. DZ is a no go cause I get munched by rogues.

Deception

I tried a tactician build with 3 tactician pieces and 2 sentry pieces (need gloves still) with Caduceus and while it was very good for soloing the DZ, the hit on my health didn't make viable for CM. The 30% HS dmg + the cool down from headshots made PvP a beast and with a 40k+ SP I was getting my skills back in 5-8 seconds. I might try the build again once I can get some gloves and see how it is but it can be viable.

For reference my FA was at 3000, Stam at 1900 and electronics at 1800.

Paertan

Wish there was something in between hard and challenging. Can steamroll hard solo but just can't do challenging solo. DZ is a no go cause I get munched by rogues.

That is because Hard adjusts to player count. Challenge always assumes 4 players. So you need to matchmake to play Challenge mode.

Wolfe

Yeah I feel the same way. Hard solo is a joke but challenging is just too much for me and the gear I have access to at the moment. Just be nice to have something that's actually hard but still fun and doable for the times when I feel like going solo.

That is because Hard adjusts to player count. Challenge always assumes 4 players. So you need to matchmake to play Challenge mode.

Ah see I just assumed it adjusted for player count for both, that makes a bit more sense now lol.

Really feeling that crafting nerf now. It is pretty obnoxious.

I started the day with 40 PC. Did the three dailies for 30. I think I got one of the little mission things for another 10 and then grinded up to 390 PC so I could get the striker mask BP from the BoO.

So it takes me an average of 20 mins to do a Tunnel run on challenging with a pick up group and I spent about 5.5 hours grinding out the rest of the PC I needed.

All the while I was deconstructing all the crap that dropped in that whole time.

Get the PC, get my BP and go to craft. I only have 2 of 8 needed electronics parts.

After 5 fucking hours you think I would have had the parts already. Nope. I think it's time to give this a rest until they fix some shit.

jbortz78

I started the day with 40 PC. Did the three dailies for 30. I think I got one of the little mission things for another 10 and then grinded up to 390 PC so I could get the striker mask BP from the BoO.

So it takes me an average of 20 mins to do a Tunnel run on challenging with a pick up group and I spent about 5.5 hours grinding out the rest of the PC I needed.

All the while I was deconstructing all the crap that dropped in that whole time.

Get the PC, get my BP and go to craft. I only have 2 of 8 needed electronics parts.

After 5 fucking hours you think I would have had the parts already. Nope. I think it's time to give this a rest until they fix some shit.

Yup crafting is a complete joke since nerf, and still I cant help trying to craft one more MP5 hoping for better rolls but no....

darkwing

they want you to scavenge in the PvE world, it's the only thing keeping it alive

jamesdbc

Neo Member

Agreed. Although they compensated for the crafting nerf by dropping more HEs it's plainly not enough because the vast majority (probably like 99%) are GS 163, while all blueprints are GS 182.

Massive claimed they wanted crafting to be a 'stop gap' in between hunting for optimal gear, and that the most effective way of getting good gear would be via drops. But it isn't. It really isn't (notwithstanding the cheese).

The chances of getting a 182 GS HE in the DZ are minimal, at least from the experience. And when you do get a 182 to drop, the chances of it having the correct (i) talent, (ii) stat, (iii) major attribute(s), etc., etc., are minimal too. And if you do get the correct talents, etc., the chances of getting good rolls in each are minimal.

The only way to exert any control over these factors is by crafting.

If Massive wanted crafting to be a 'stop gap' why did they make so much easier to get 182 GS items via crafting than any other method?

120v

crafting nerf fucking sucks but burning through a few hard dailies and extracting purples from DZ01 every day puts me well ahead on mats. that's an hour or two a day i'd rather spend on something else but i'm never short on supply

crafting nerf fucking sucks but burning through a few hard dailies and extracting purples from DZ01 every day puts me well ahead on mats. that's an hour or two a day i'd rather spend on something else but i'm never short on supply

First post in this thread but I'm really curious. You are not the first person I've seen say they are extracting purples, my question is, why? Wouldn't it be more effective to extract all HE and dismantle them for mats? That's what I do. Each purple gives you two blues (do they still give two?), of which you need 15 to craft 1 HE mat. Each HE gives you 1 HE mat of the same kind, eg weapon = weapon parts ect. Just curious why people would bother with purples.

120v

well yeah it goes without saying it's better to extract HEs but purple drops are just way more common. unless you know how to blast through all named NPC spawns in short order (or luck out in a rouge killstreak) it just goes quicker

also purples still sell decently at BoO which helps toward recalibrating

TsuWave

so there's a spot in dz06 in the church alley where players can glitch into a window and its out of bounds. these two kids go rogue then go in there. its frustrating.

jbortz78

I still really hope Massive reverts crafting back till its former self, or change how crafting works (like more choices when crafting).

vivftp

Thought I'd make a new 204 AUG just for fun.

Base is 10.5K DMG, Deadly 27%, Accurate 47%, Brutal 25%.

tumblr_mh64skludP1rhpqdyo1_500.gif

Bastardo!

I've created about 20 Augs trying for a roll like that to no success. Going through gold division tech like crazy :(

Ah well, still happy with my Aug for now

Well that sucks. I've been grinding for PC the past couple of nights to get my striker gear BP (forgot which one). I'll get there tonight but I wonder how many mats I have left to actually craft the fucker. I'm still really enjoying the game so I just hope they ease up a bit on the crafting before I get bored.

So what's the consensus best SMG for PvE right now, I'm using a 182gs APC45 with Deadly, Accurate, and Capable (Best Roll I've had) doing a base damage at 12.5k

I've crafted a few Navy MP5 but they all do less damage and had bad talents.

Is the first wave APC 45 blue print in the DZ the best right now? I'm only at level 30 in the DZ, so not really looking forward to the grind.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
DZ is ruined. Bunch of 210+gear score and 99 rank dz players running around in groups of 4.

What a clusterfuck

I did matchmaking for the DZ last night and got grouped with 3 guys who were all 208, I am like 167. I told them, "I am just here for the ride." I didn't do anything but watch them kill anything moving and throw support stations. Unfortunately all of the drops sucked. But I did get a new jacket!!!!

kriskrosbbk

So what's the consensus best SMG for PvE right now, I'm using a 182gs APC45 with Deadly, Accurate, and Capable (Best Roll I've had) doing a base damage at 12.5k

I've crafted a few Navy MP5 but they all do less damage and had bad talents.

Is the first wave APC 45 blue print in the DZ the best right now? I'm only at level 30 in the DZ, so not really looking forward to the grind.

I have AUG with deadly from DZ.Quite happy with it doing 214K.

dB Viper

So last night I take down a awful team of 3 rogues solo. One drops Nomad gloves. I pick it up, run to safe room to restock, then head to extraction point. While running to said point, game DELTA errors me, kicking me off. Log back in and I'm in DZ03 safehouse but entire 9/9 loot I was ready to extract is now gone.

Thanks Division.

TsuWave

i'm hoping they will be selling 204 MP5 blueprint on restock. currently using an AUG which is great but I def miss my MP5.

also got a great roll on a HE MP7 as a drop from a named enemy but it was at 163 so it was taking considerably more time to drop people with it than with my current AUG

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Rewards vendor has 150 Phoenix Credits to retrieve for the broken dailies a few weeks ago.

i'm hoping they will be selling 204 MP5 blueprint on restock. currently using an AUG which is great but I def miss my MP5.

also got a great roll on a HE MP7 as a drop from a named enemy but it was at 163 so it was taking considerably more time to drop people with it than with my current AUG

I hope for the same.

Wolfe

So last night I take down a awful team of 3 rogues solo. One drops Nomad gloves. I pick it up, run to safe room to restock, then head to extraction point. While running to said point, game DELTA errors me, kicking me off. Log back in and I'm in DZ03 safehouse but entire 9/9 loot I was ready to extract is now gone.

Thanks Division.

Exiting the DZ by logout takes 30 seconds, also applies to getting disconnected. An NPC likely came across you during that time when your character was still "logging out" and killed you.

Sucks but I've read about it happening multiple times now.

ChrisW

At work at the moment, but think I'm going to try run the incursion tonight and complete my sentry gear set and tactician gear set.

Only need one piece of each to get the 4 piece boost and the incursion is my best bet of getting them, however it is the hardest way of getting them.

Also I highly recommend that people who don't have many people to DZ with and are looking to grind levels for the next BP rotation use the matchmaking tool in the squad settings and then search for DZ players.

Makes gaining XP super quick, can take down tougher bosses for better potential drops + more PC's & you can go rogue a lot easier

fuzzyset

They really need to implement higher TTK for PVP in the Dark Zone. I don't even mind dying (hell I've never even seen good loot in there anyhow) just that having literally 0 time to react to an agent going rogue is not fun. The agent going rogue has such an advantage on you when they get the drop on you that dying to a few bullets just sucks. I want a decent tactical firefight in the streets of New York.

They really need to implement higher TTK for PVP in the Dark Zone. I don't even mind dying (hell I've never even seen good loot in there anyhow) just that having literally 0 time to react to an agent going rogue is not fun. The agent going rogue has such an advantage on you when they get the drop on you that dying to a few bullets just sucks. I want a decent tactical firefight in the streets of New York.

You mean being downed in one explosive bullet from an M44 isn't fun?

Wolfe

Rewards vendor has 150 Phoenix Credits to retrieve for the broken dailies a few weeks ago.

Alright time to craft maybe 2 (likely shitty) items lol.

People need to make up their minds. either it's unrealistic that it takes 30 shots to the head to die or it's too hard when one bullet kills you. And yeah there's no in between :)

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT 4| Everything was black and white

Top Bottom