• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Clancy's The Division |OT2| The Wolves of Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's not a "glitch" per say.

It is your camera going into an object.

Your camera HAS to zoom out for the menu so it will just phase into whatever is in that position behind you. A wall, a crate, an NPC.

If you make sure not to have anything to close behind you, it won't happen.
I wasn't even near anything.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
You're obviously not buying your hoodies from the right store
9APBKNY.jpg

ColEx

Is it a ball ache trying to complete a mission with a group of players 2 levels below the requirement or am i being fussy? Every time i join a group like that i just leave, because its seems like its just pure mayhem as all i do is res my team 99% of the time lol.

Serick

Married Member
It's too bad that by the time they patch more incentives to go rogue, most people will be decked out in the best gear and not really have much desire to steal crap gear from other players.

If they can nerf the penalties at level 30 for dying as rogue that would be enough incentive for my group of friends at least.

Losing 25% of my credits is just silly.

Going rogue creates content for other players in the DZ, it should be encouraged. The firm boot up your ass for "playing" in the Dark Zone was such a huge oversight IMHO.

The Division is an RPG first and foremost before anything else though. The fact that it's set in Manhattan only solidifies the atmosphere. Constraining the combat mechanics to only be "realistic one shot headshots" is an incredibly close-minded way of looking at it. Not every game needs to fit into a cookie cutter mold.
Also if people are not blind or had their head in the sand. They never presented this game as anything other then a game with rpg element at its core. We had xp and life bars shown to use for three straight years.

Iceman829

The Division is set in modern day Manhattan. You're shooting at looters in hoodies.

Destiny is set in fantasy world literally filled with space magic. You're shooting at alien robots and wizards.

It's not too hard to understand why the former doesn't seem appropriate for bullet-sponge adversaries that can take a full clip of ammunition to the head, does it?

If you want enemies to die to 1 sniper shot, then your character should also die to 1 shot to the face. No down but not out, just dead. You can't expect realist damage to enemies and then stand in the middle of the road mowing down low level enemies as their bullets bounce off you.

Dunlop

It's not too hard to understand why the former doesn't seem appropriate for bullet-sponge adversaries that can take a full clip of ammunition to the head, does it?

Pretend the 5% of the world that survived the virus was due to their super human resilience and abnormally dense muscles and bones

Problem solved

Misuta

I completed the Lincoln Tunnel Checkpoint daily mission twice with random people. It was hard and we died many times but it was fun. :)

cakely

If you want enemies to die to 1 sniper shot, then your character should also die to 1 shot to the face. No down but not out, just dead. You can't expect realist damage to enemies and then stand in the middle of the road mowing down low level enemies as their bullets bounce off you.

Yeah, I know. I'm actually OK with it. The Division is a game, and happens to be a stat-based RPG, and I'm fine with the suspension of disbelief.

Kind of related, I actually like that Destiny lore explains why your character is able to return from the dead when he takes that one shot to the face. Easy resurrection is a common game trope but the majority of games don't really give you a good reason why it's occurring.

Yo, what safe house vendor is the classic being sold at?

False. This has been brought up so many times in the OT, reddit, Bungie forums, basically everywhere. It's why one of the Strike bosses was called Spongebob for a long ass time. I still call him that even though his sponginess was toned down (a lot) due to never remembering his real name.

I'm double checking now. I believe at the dark zone vendor in the BoO wing

Edit: damnit, I don't see it there anymore, nooooooo

Hahaha Cuco we need to hit up the dark zone when I level up and discuss the Heat winning the East this year.
Wait, what?

The Division, Miami Heat and El Cuco ( like from my children's memories -scary ass Cuco?) in one post? We need to hook up and have a playing session PRONTO! (PS4 here :)

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Yeah, I know. I'm actually OK with it. The Division is a game, and happens to be a stat-based RPG, and I'm fine with the suspension of disbelief.

Kind of related, I actually like that Destiny lore explains why your character is able to return from the dead when he takes that one shot to the face. Easy resurrection is a common game trope but the majority of games don't really give you a good reason why it's occurring.

Is this within the companion book or from lore in the game?
Either way, could you post a synopsis of why?

Wil348

They need to implement what Diablo 3 did. Lower players scale up to the higher player in terms of health and damage. Only for missions, dark zone is a no go.

I'm pretty sure this is already the case. Yesterday my friend let me play via SharePlay and one if our higher level friends joined (I was level 16, he was level 27), the enemies Keble and amount of damage they could do were scaled to him but the amount of damage I could to them was the same as if they were scaled to me. So basically, I could take out level 22 enemies no problem as a level 16 character.

EL CUCO

Hahaha Cuco we need to hit up the dark zone when I level up and discuss the Heat winning the East this year.

Wait, what?

The Division, Miami Heat and El Cuco ( like from my children's memories -scary ass Cuco?) in one post? We need to hook up and have a playing session PRONTO! (PS4 here :)
Haha definitely! If we get Boshy back for the playoffs it's gonna get interesting. Looking forward to seeing LBJ sit out this weekend, too :]

TO THE DARK ZONE!

Haha definitely! If we get Boshy back for the playoffs it's gonna get interesting. Looking forward to seeing LBJ sit out this weekend, too :]

TO THE DARK ZONE!

I'm cautiously optimistic about our chances, actually!

I'll be on tonight most likely for a while after the wifey and kid fall asleep.. PS4 Y2XPR

Se_7_eN

I feel like they need to zoom in on the article of clothing you are changing... They changed the UI, but the camera still feels far away.

The ghosts revive you. Some Guardians in the grimore cards kill themselves on purpose to remember past memories.

Guardians only die permanently if their ghost is killed.

My wife and I finally hit level 30 the other night. Working on getting to DZ level 50, I came across the Midas last night. My wife was fairly jealous it didn't drop for her. Going to run DZ all night after work in search for hers. :p

cakely

It's in-game lore. The ghost is a tiny piece of the traveler. He brings you back from the dead in the opening moments of the game, and brings you back whenever you die again.

Orca

The Division is set in modern day Manhattan. You're shooting at looters in hoodies.

Destiny is set in fantasy world literally filled with space magic. You're shooting at alien robots and wizards.

Since it's near future, we can only assume that the near-constant mass shootings in the US sparked some kind of spontaneous evolution among humans, hardening their skin against ballistic impact.

Inskipp

Is there a map of DZ enemy spawn locations? And not just for bosses, but for regular vet/elite mobs as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom